The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
African nations 2013 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
African nations 2013 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
African nations 2013 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
African nations 2013 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
African nations 2013 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
African nations 2013 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
African nations 2013 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
African nations 2013 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
African nations 2013 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

African nations 2013 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
ionman34
djfitzo
6 posters

African nations 2013

djfitzo
    International
    International

African nations 2013 Empty African nations 2013

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 03 2012, 21:57

Good news, Cameroun didnt qualify, so Bennys safe and Adebayor has quit International football, so all good for January.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

African nations 2013 Empty Re: African nations 2013

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:50

djfitzo wrote:Good news, Cameroun didnt qualify, so Bennys safe and Adebayor has quit International football, so all good for January.

Are will play DJ, he's just posturing until the IC FA pay the bonuses to his team mates.

He's their Captain and the only thing close to World Class they have. They'll cave.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 06 2012, 20:52

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Good news, Cameroun didnt qualify, so Bennys safe and Adebayor has quit International football, so all good for January.

Are will play DJ, he's just posturing until the IC FA pay the bonuses to his team mates.

He's their Captain and the only thing close to World Class they have. They'll cave.

Maybe, with that in mind, nuva striker in Jan?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:38

djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

Tough one innit?

I don't have a scooby who we could go for though.

Seen BA mentioned a few times and, whilst I think he's a good shout, you just know his knee's going for a Burton as soon as he pulls on the Lillywhite, it's kismet.

Llorente? Flip a coin.

Willian? Cat in Hells chance with the scratch they're going to demand. He's not a striker either.

The Polish bloke? Who knows.

Harry Kane recall? Or none of the above?

All I know is that January is NOT a good time to shop for strikers.

Unless you're in the market for Nicklas Bendtner!
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:37

ionman34 wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

Tough one innit?

I don't have a scooby who we could go for though.

Seen BA mentioned a few times and, whilst I think he's a good shout, you just know his knee's going for a Burton as soon as he pulls on the Lillywhite, it's kismet.

Llorente? Flip a coin.

Willian? Cat in Hells chance with the scratch they're going to demand. He's not a striker either.

The Polish bloke? Who knows.

Harry Kane recall? Or none of the above?

All I know is that January is NOT a good time to shop for strikers.

Unless you're in the market for Nicklas Bendtner!

God forbid, but it seems AVB is watching Mouhtino again

Post by Guest Thu Dec 06 2012, 23:53

why not go for berbatov. aslong as he knows its a sqaud game now, he knows the prem can score and create. give jol jenas bentleygomez cudichini or even loan them jake seeing as parker back now.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 07 2012, 00:17

Coulibaly? At least put him in the squad?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Dec 07 2012, 00:18

Loughtonlegend wrote:why not go for berbatov. aslong as he knows its a sqaud game now, he knows the prem can score and create. give jol jenas bentleygomez cudichini or even loan them jake seeing as parker back now.

No way, his only at Foolham because his first choice there and his still berating his team mates when they havent got their telepathic heads on,
    sorry mate i will never forget sitting in the crowd at the pre season friendley begging him to stay, only for him to go on strike.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 07 2012, 00:19

Quite right Dave. While not as bad as Scumball I still wouldn't want him back at the Lane.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 07 2012, 00:48

BazSpur wrote:Coulibaly? At least put him in the squad?

Reports are that he is a ways behind Jonathan Obika and Christian Cabellos, both of whom have been scoring for fun in the reserves.

Obika, I believe, is thought very highly of so we may just see a few cameo's from him in the fullness of time, Cabellos too from what I am told. It may be a little while before we see Coulibaly.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 07 2012, 00:57

Oh right mate. Saw a you tube clip of him scoring some cracking goals ion.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:05

BazSpur wrote:Oh right mate. Saw a you tube clip of him scoring some cracking goals ion.

He has been scoring Baz, but he's still regarded as 'development' with the others 'developed' just that little bit further.

I'm loving that the club are nurturing rather than rushing the talent. What is worrying though is that Alex Inglethorpe is, allegedly, going to Liverpool. He has been instrumental in our Nextgen development. He has been the main man behind the quality that smashed Barca recently.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:14

hi ion,why are we letting him go to liverpool then ? is he out of contract or wanting to much now
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:25

Yeah, some Scousers I know have been bleating that they are over the moon at nicking Inglethorpe from us.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Dec 07 2012, 01:50

shearspur wrote:hi ion,why are we letting him go to liverpool then ? is he out of contract or wanting to much now

Never really got to the bottom of that Shear. It might have something to do with AVB but I really don't know.

What many forget is that AVB was brought in to set up the club as a conveyor belt for talent, which is why his title is head coach rather than manager (yes I know I have often referred to him as manager but that is because I'm too lazy to type head coach all the time lol). Arnesen began the set up and the club felt that AVB was the best choice to take that to the next level, something aitch wasn't up to and something he wasn't interested in either.

I've heard rumours that Liverpool wanted him to run things his way so maybe that's also part of it.

Whatever the reason it is a shame because he appears to have produced some real gems through the nextgen.

Having said that, AVB has been involved in the Continental talent production machine for some years now. At worst he will continue Inglethorpe's work, at best he will improve on it.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Dec 20 2012, 08:34

Nations Cup 2013: Togo plead for Adebayor to play

Togo manager Didier Six has pledged to do everything he can to persuade Tottenham's Emmanuel Adebayor to play at next month's Africa Cup of Nations.

The 28-year-old recently put his international career on hold because of a dispute with the Togolese federation over match bonuses.

But Six said: "I am doing everything I can to get him to come back to us.

"He's a world-class player and the Togo national team captain. He is very important to the group."

He added: "I will put all my strength to get him to change his mind but he has the last word.
    "This is about more than just him sending a warning to ensure Togolese football moves forward."

Adebayor's public relations officer Amedodji Blaise said earlier this month that the striker was "suspending" his international career and would not play at the tournament in South Africa, which takes place between 19 January and 10 February.

While that decision was a blow to Togo, the news was of benefit to Tottenham, who do not want to lose Adebayor at a crucial stage of the English Premier League season.

Should Togo be successful in changing Adebayor's mind, the player could miss the London club's matches against QPR, Manchester United, Norwich, West Brom and Newcastle,

Togo are at the Nations Cup for the first time since withdrawing from the 2010 tournament in Angola after a terrorist attack on their team bus.

Adebayor retired from the national team after that attack but agreed to return last year and helped the Hawks qualify for South Africa 2013.

"It's clear that we will need Adebayor but don't forget we qualified without him during one of the play-off matches," added Six.

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:02

good he can go. hes done sod all for us this season.
    hopefully we can get someone better in.

it makes me sick that hes getting all that money and hardly played and theres berbatov doing wonders at fulham
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:31

Loughtonlegend wrote:good he can go. hes done sod all for us this season.

it makes me sick that hes getting all that money and hardly played and theres berbatov doing wonders at fulham

Really and where are Fulham in the league, forgotten how he left Spurs, Lought?

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:35

Loughtonlegend wrote:good he can go. hes done sod all for us this season.

I agree Lought. The only thing he's interested is money. He only came to us because in the end City agreed to pay half his salary, he would have gone anywhere that paid his wages.
    Most players represent their countries for nothing, England certainly don't pay them.

I wouldn't mind but he's not that great and he's been poor so far this season.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20 2012, 09:50

hes been brillant for fulham. he holds the ball up. brings others into the game and scores
    hes what a forward should be like.

ye hes made mistakes but now hes hungry and would run back to us if he could.
    and i know we would have at least 7 more points if we had him
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 20 2012, 18:41

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes been brillant for fulham. he holds the ball up. brings others into the game and scores
    hes what a forward should be like.

ye hes made mistakes but now hes hungry and would run back to us if he could.
    and i know we would have at least 7 more points if we had him

Where are your principles Lought? He left us deep in the sh*t after 20 odd thousand of us begged him to stay at the pre season friendly, I'd rather go for Llorente, Idont want anyone at the club I love that treated us, the fans so badly.

Post by Guest Fri Dec 21 2012, 03:07

ade is no saint. wouldnt sign untill he got someone to pay hes country
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Dec 21 2012, 03:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:ade is no saint. wouldnt sign untill he got someone to pay hes country

Didnt say i was that happy about him either!!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Dec 21 2012, 05:56

Andy Carrolls up for grabs . . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Jan 03 2013, 02:09

Nations Cup 2013: Tottenham wait for Adebayor decision

Tottenham remain unsure whether striker Emmanuel Adebayor will decide to link up with his country Togo to play in the Africa Cup of Nations.

If the 28-year-old plays in the competition in South Africa, which starts on 19 January, he could miss five games for the Premier League side.

Adebayor helped Spurs to a 3-1 win against Reading on Tuesday and his absence would be a big blow to Spurs.

But boss Andre Villas-Boas said: "If he wants to go, we respect that."

Adebayor recently put his international career on hold because of a dispute with the Togolese federation over match bonuses.

And it was widely believed that the former Manchester City player would stay at White Hart Lane rather than link up with his countrymen.

But Togo manager Didier Six has made a plea for him to change his mind and it now seems there is a chance that could happen.

After Tottenham's victory on Tuesday, in which Adebayor scored, Villas-Boas admitted: "It's a vulnerable situation, anything can happen," he said. "I've told you the player can still go, I understand it is still a possibility.

"It was always his choice, I'm not going to put pressure on him. We've left it to [the] player to decide."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 17:25