The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Injuries EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Injuries EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Injuries EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Injuries EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Injuries EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Injuries EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Injuries EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Injuries EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Injuries EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Injuries Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
Boltjean
djfitzo
6 posters

Injuries

djfitzo
    International
    International

Injuries Empty Injuries

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 13 2012, 00:42

Latest from Physio Room

G Bale Hamstring Injury 16th Dec 12

M Dawson Hamstring Injury 16th Dec 12

B Assou-Ekotto Knee Injury 16th Dec 12

Y Kaboul Knee Injury 27th Dec 12

S Parker Achilles Tendinopathy 16th Dec 12

When they are all back, there really cannot be any excuses!!

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Injuries Empty Re: Injuries

Post by Boltjean Thu Dec 13 2012, 02:17

Dave, they are saying that Parker and Ekotto could be back soon, who can you see being dropped to accommadate these two?. I suppose it makes sense to drop Naughton to the bench to allow us to bring in Ekotto, or do we put Naughton back on the right and drop Walker to the bench, I do not think he has been playing that well. I can not see where Parker can slot in as in my opinion except for the Everton game, I think we have been playing well, and then there is Kaboul when he is fit. I think AVB is going to have a job keeping everyone happy and perhaps we might see a few players leave in January, Dawson, Huddlestone and Gallas. What do you think?.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Dec 13 2012, 03:48

Dave, they are saying that Parker and Ekotto could be back soon, who can you see being dropped to accommadate these two?. I suppose it makes sense to drop Naughton to the bench to allow us to bring in Ekotto, or do we put Naughton back on the right and drop Walker to the bench, I do not think he has been playing that well. I can not see where Parker can slot in as in my opinion except for the Everton game, I think we have been playing well, and then there is Kaboul when he is fit. I think AVB is going to have a job keeping everyone happy and perhaps we might see a few players leave in January, Dawson, Huddlestone and Gallas. What do you think?.

Walker is just starting to get his form back, Verts has to go centre back with Kaboul after a few subs appearances as young
    Caulkers reluctance to heed to Lloris's calls and boot the ball straight to the oppostion, both Everton and the Hammers have scored from a direct result of this. Sandro has played non stop in all competitions and for his Country, so he could do with a rest and you could then rotate a bit with Parker, who does the same role.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Dec 13 2012, 06:15

Parker and Benny could be involved versus Swansea - Bale too ...

Things looking better!
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Dec 13 2012, 08:37

For AVB this must be a nice conundrum to have. Good players returning from injury. Slowly returned to match fitness . . . . .
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Sat Dec 15 2012, 01:51

defo need parker in for fat hudd. Very Happy put vert cb and bench naughton when kaboul back bench gallas. Very Happy
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Dec 17 2012, 09:57

djfitzo wrote:Latest from Physio Room

I don't see a lot of difference with the guys coming back from injury as it's really like for like.
    I'm a great fan of Parker but Sandro has been playing well so I don't see a lot of difference there. Maybe Ekotto for Naughton could make a difference but he wasn't playing that well before he was injured.
    Kaboul played well last season but with Vert, Dawson, Caulker and Gallas I don't think he has been missed.

What we have missed is Modric he hasn't been replaced, Dempsey and Sig are not the answer.

Lets see what the window brings in January I really hope we get Moutinio and a top striker.

Mikey M
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Dec 17 2012, 18:20

totalytot wrote:

I don't see a lot of difference with the guys coming back from injury as it's really like for like.
    I'm a great fan of Parker but Sandro has been playing well so I don't see a lot of difference there. Maybe Ekotto for Naughton could make a difference but he wasn't playing that well before he was injured.
    Kaboul played well last season but with Vert, Dawson, Caulker and Gallas I don't think he has been missed.

What we have missed is Modric he hasn't been replaced, Dempsey and Sig are not the answer.

Lets see what the window brings in January I really hope we get Moutinio and a top striker.

Mikey M

Sorry Mikey, can't agree with that, it's all about balance and looking at our defensive record this term, we have given away soft goals in central defence because 1. we have been playing Verts out of position and Caulker whilst promising cost us goals against West Ham and Everton, in fact AVB was brave in dropping him yesterday and Gallas has cost us so many games through poor clearances, so IMO our best back four is Walker Kaboul Verts Benny, two of which have not played all season. I agree on Parker, but Sandro needs a rest, he has played nearly every game, including Internationals and not having a player of Parkers calibre to cover has been has been a big miss. As for Modric, I think Dembele can plat that role, his also faster,bigger and stronger than Modric and let's face it, we don't miss the Croats goals, cos he hardly scored any.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 00:55

we miss modric link up play though
    i think we do miss kaboul ekotto and in some games parker.

i thought avb would of brough dembele off a bit sooner as he seem to get a knock.
    hope hes okay
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 18 2012, 02:09

Loughtonlegend wrote:we miss modric link up play though

i thought avb would of brough dembele off a bit sooner as he seem to get a knock.
    hope hes okay

Fortunately we have a whole week before the next game, its how we manage the xmas period and barring Kaboul (although rumours are he could be back for that period too) we should have everyone available, which will be a big advantage over the teams we are playing as we will have fresh legs.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 18 2012, 02:18

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:we miss modric link up play though

hope hes okay

Fortunately we have a whole week before the next game, its how we manage the xmas period and barring Kaboul (although rumours are he could be back for that period too) we should have everyone available, which will be a big advantage over the teams we are playing as we will have fresh legs.

Also Lought, looking at the stats from Sunday, we dont seem to have a problem in getting the ball to the forwards, so how have we missed Modric?

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 18 2012, 03:35

totalytot wrote:

Mikey M

Mikey, this guy sums it up about perfectly for me.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/tottenham/why-tottenham-cant-put-a-price-on-his-return

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Dec 18 2012, 03:47

I dont think can overstate the importance of Kaboul in an AVB high line defence . I'm sure we've suffered due to his absence and I thought he's performances last season were his best in his career. His speed and power is top notch and he were clearing so many balls pumped into our penalty box with his head as Brad was rooted to his line.

I feel that the age (Gallas), the inexperience (Caulker) and the left-back who's not really a left back (Verts), in the latter stages in games when it really matters, have at times been found out. Also Walker's form has suffered with no Kaboul to his left and its been noticable that his best games this season has been with Dawson alongside him . Gallas and Walker at times as a pair have been a weak point for us.

Naughton I feel is good enough to share games at right-back with Walker. The two in central defence will be Kaboul and Verts , with Dawson, Caulker and Gallas deputising. Benny will be at left-back and Naughton can also cover there .

And as for Parker , Dave is spot on , we need Sandro at times to be rested and Parker sharing games with him will be of great benefit to us . Dembele will need resting too.

Like for like maybe, Mickey but its all good , a pretty high calibre of player that can come in and play to the system and we will hopefully see improved team performances for the whole 90 minutes.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 18 2012, 04:14

ArnieArdiles wrote:I dont think can overstate the importance of Kaboul in an AVB high line defence . I'm sure we've suffered due to his absence and I thought he's performances last season were his best in his career. His speed and power is top notch and he were clearing so many balls pumped into our penalty box with his head as Brad was rooted to his line.

I feel that the age (Gallas), the inexperience (Caulker) and the left-back who's not really a left back (Verts), in the latter stages in games when it really matters, have at times been found out. Also Walker's form has suffered with no Kaboul to his left and its been noticable that his best games this season has been with Dawson alongside him . Gallas and Walker at times as a pair have been a weak point for us.

Naughton I feel is good enough to share games at right-back with Walker. The two in central defence will be Kaboul and Verts , with Dawson, Caulker and Gallas deputising. Benny will be at left-back and Naughton can also cover there .

And as for Parker , Dave is spot on , we need Sandro at times to be rested and Parker sharing games with him will be of great benefit to us . Dembele will need resting too.

Like for like maybe, Mickey but its all good , a pretty high calibre of player that can come in and play to the system and we will hopefully see improved team performances for the whole 90 minutes.

Looking around at the other teams vying for 3/4th, most have not had the kind of injuries we have had, sure Cheatski aint had Terry, but I think they are weaker with him, Stoke,Everton,West Brom have had a largely injury free first part of the season, so when the games start coming in a flurry from Saturday onwards, we should have fresh legs compared to those around us.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 18 2012, 07:02

dj we are doing okay now dembele back but when hes missing we rely on bale to much

earlyer in the season we wernt creating much
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 18 2012, 07:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:dj we are doing okay now dembele back but when hes missing we rely on bale to much

I know mate, just don't think we miss him that much, lets face it, he was part of the team the lost a thirteen point lead over our nearest and dearest

vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Dec 18 2012, 10:09

Arnie yours & Dave's point about Sandro being rested? I also feel that as the season progresses he will start to pick up more cards, some possibly cheaply. Lad has been a monster for us so far though. I also respect your in-depth analysis of the defence. Spot-on mate . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Dec 19 2012, 02:40

djfitzo wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:dj we are doing okay now dembele back but when hes missing we rely on bale to much

I know mate, just don't think we miss him that much, lets face it, he was part of the team the lost a thirteen point lead over our nearest and dearest

The thing about Bale though is he is a match winner. He creates or scores a goal from nowhere so many times. I know he has his indifferent games but show me a player who doesn't. He's class and we don't have to many of those in the team.

Players like Modric, VDV and if he went Bale are difficult to replace they have that bit of magic in their play that's why they play at the top of their game either at club or International level for many years.
    You let them go and it will always be difficult for us to stay in the top four.

I agree Dembele is going to be a good player for us but he's different to a Modric or VDV and it would be better to have him along side them to make us an even better side.

That unfortunately is all history now but getting back to Bale all I know is that when I see his name on the team sheet I look forward to something happening for us.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content