The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Soldado EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Soldado EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Soldado EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Soldado EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Soldado EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Soldado EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Soldado EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Soldado EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Soldado EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Soldado Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
djfitzo
vis
totalytot
DJSR
Boltjean
MarkA249
10 posters

Soldado

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Soldado Empty Soldado

Post by MarkA249 Tue Jul 23 2013, 16:55

If rumours are true we r close to signing Soldado if its true and we get him what the heck has happened to Levy paying 25 mil for a 28 yr old but the guy can score goals

As of 1 June 2013[27][28]
    Club Season League Cup Continental Total
    Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals
    Real Madrid B 2002–03 26 7 — — 26 7
    2003–04 31 16 — — 31 16
    2004–05 34 21 — — 34 21
    2005–06 29 19 — — 29 19
    Total 120 63 — — 120 63
    Real Madrid 2004–05 0 0 2 0 0 0 2 0
    2005–06 11 2 4 1 2 1 17 4
    Total 11 2 6 1 2 1 19 4
    Osasuna 2006–07 30 11 3 1 11 1 44 13
    Total 30 11 3 1 11 1 44 13
    Real Madrid 2007–08 5 0 2 0 1 0 8 0
    Total 5 0 2 0 1 0 8 0
    Getafe 2008–09 34 13 0 0 — 34 13
    2009–10 26 16 6 4 — 32 20
    Total 60 29 6 4 — 66 33
    Valencia 2010–11 34 18 3 1 7 6 44 25
    2011–12 32 17 6 3 13 7 51 27
    2012–13 35 24 4 2 7 4 46 30
    Total 101 59 13 6 27 17 141 81
    Career totals 326 162 30 12 41 19 397 193

24 last season i know its a different league but still good would of prefered Benteke but Soldado if he scores goals that gets us CL money well spent

1 more point i wonder if it is Levy or Mr Lewis knows he needs to splash the cash so hes gone above Levy and said to AVB spend as much as u want on who u want
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Soldado Empty Re: Soldado

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 24 2013, 05:55

Looks like the move is off Mark. As for AVB being able to spend as much as he want's on who he want's I doubt that very much although it would be great if he was allowed to. My biggest fear for this club is that no matter who we bring in we seem to struggle to hold onto them, Modric, Berbatov, struggling to hold onto Bale although I think he will stay. Now we have brought in Paulinho and Chadli and should they set the premiership alight I wonder how long it would be before the Vultures gather. Three must do's here, one hang onto Bale, two bring in one if not two quality strikers, and three get into the Champions League in order to hang onto the new arrivals, and perhaps even Bale, although I think he would still leave for Real after next season even if we do qualify. But by reaching the Champions League the money we get for Bale could go towards making the squad so strong for making a serious challenge in the competition.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:03

dont know where you guys are getting 26m from. The current bid is 18m.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jul 24 2013, 06:56

That's the problem they have turned down 18 mil and want 26.
    L'pool have supposedly upped their bid. If they get him then Suarez is on his way, please god it wont be the a*se.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24 2013, 07:00

i heard its not off.   we just cant agree on a price yet.
    we cant blame them for holding out for what they want.

the clause is 25 mill so pay it.

rvp was 29 when he went to man u and scored loads.  hes 30 next month

just pay the money.
    im sure we can get 5 mill for either ade or defoe plus we got other players we can sell if we want
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Jul 24 2013, 07:49

Off thread I know but arsenil are more then welcome to the part-man, part-racist, part-cannibal that is Suarez . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 24 2013, 08:21

vis wrote:Off thread I know but arsenil are more then welcome to the part-man, part-racist, part-cannibal that is Suarez . . . .

Won't be bad if he goes to the scum, his banned for half of the season mostly.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24 2013, 10:05

hes banned for august lol. 1 month. the guy is pure class. we dont want him going there.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:05

Loughtonguy wrote:hes banned for august lol. 1 month.  the guy is pure class.  we dont want him going there.

Class he maybe, great player he may be, but this is not the first ban Lought, Pool have just turned down 40 million, like I said he is a liability and 40 million for a player that has had numerous bans and misses crucial chunks of a season.

But it just goes to sho how difficult it is to buy top class strikers these days.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jul 24 2013, 17:05

Loughtonguy wrote:hes banned for august lol. 1 month.  the guy is pure class.  we dont want him going there.

Class he maybe, great player he may be, but this is not the first ban Lought, Pool have just turned down 40 million, like I said he is a liability and 40 million for a player that has had numerous bans and misses crucial chunks of a season.

But it just goes to sho how difficult it is to buy top class strikers these days.

Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Thu Jul 25 2013, 04:59

I think Suarez would cost the gooners an arm and a leg, or would it be an arm and an arm in his case?.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Jul 25 2013, 18:17

Finally Levy realises we need a decent striker , but still p*sses about trying to get one on the cheap.wake up Levy before we lose out again.see the bigger picture for once. Your becoming a liability holding this team back ,until we drop back to mid table mediocrity.then you will not attract any decent player.wise up.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 25 2013, 19:45

I think we may be getting mixed up between Euros and Pounds. I read it was 28 million Euros which is about £18 mill. As for Suarez, I would be surprised if he went there for 2 reasons. 1 he said he wanted out of England altogether and 2 he is a good player but a lot of their squad is average.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Jul 25 2013, 20:32

Wonder if some of their black players will want to play alongside him given his history. Could unsettle some of their team
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:32

Valencia president said earlier this week that the buy out clause was 30M euros £25.8M not a penny less. We have apparantly bid £22M. Valencia are in serious financial trouble and cannot service their debt so I think Levy is being quite canny in his negotiations. But if Liverpool sell Suarez they could hi-jack the deal so he still has to be careful.
    Well thats the way I see it anyway.
    On Suarez I'm surprised Wenger is interested in a player who goes completely against his philosophy of football. Very unprofessional and a load of trouble for many reasons.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:51

I think Whinger is panicking with pressure from the supporters and the new major shareholder who has told him to spend. Because you are right Suarez goes against everything he has always said.

But we could do with a little bit of panicking right now and move quickly before we miss out on another striker.

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Jul 25 2013, 22:17

If they don't get Suarez then they will go for soldado and we will be mugged right off.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jul 26 2013, 05:31

arsenil will end up with Rooney & we will get Hans Solo at an over inflated price? Or maybe, just maybe, AVB knows exactly what players he would like and will not be drawn on that info. Ain't even August yet guys. Long road ahead. Plenty of bad miles to be eaten up before we're home . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26 2013, 07:27

im hearing we are after dezeko now. please god dont be true.
    he wont suit us. he thrives on crosses. we never put any crosses in.

he dont score when he starts.

if they get suarze and we get the donkey dezeko then they will be better then us.

suarez wants to win. he cheats he dives and scores he creates. hes world class.
    i would pay 40 mill for him
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jul 26 2013, 08:01

suarez wants to win. he cheats he dives and scores he creates. hes world class.
    i would pay 40 mill for him

Would you really want that Lought? Win at any cost? Even if it involves eating opposistion players . . chainsaw . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 26 2013, 08:27

Suarez? Not for me thanks. He would be a f*cking embarrassment. I still have some scruples. I would rather miss out on CL than have that Cheating, diving, racist cannibal at our club.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 26 2013, 09:13

but imagine if he did it aganst chelsea or arsneal.

i seem them teams cheat and do anything to beat us
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Jul 26 2013, 19:10

All teams cheat Lought, even us at times, it's the nature of Sport but especially football. But Suarez is a different type of cheat he will stop at nothing, spitting, biting, racist comments, diving, you name it he invented it. He would as Baz said be a total embaressment to our club.

He also thinks he should be allowed to do it and that we are against him. We would have to be apologising for him all the time.

Not for me.

Any way L'pool have said that if Suarez goes then they will pay the price for Saldado so let's hope he stays with them, although I think we have already missed the boat on him.

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Fri Jul 26 2013, 19:45

I agree with lought on this. I would love to saurez at spurs. He's a winner and a Grafter.snaps up any chance going. No class as a human being, but I would take that for his goals
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jul 26 2013, 20:12

shearspur wrote:I agree with lought on this. I would love to  saurez at spurs. He's a winner and a Grafter.snaps up any chance going. No class as a human being, but I would take that for his goals

What about his bans during crucial parts of the season? didn't affect Pool much as he was carrying the side, but as we seem to be there or thereabouts for 4th or higher, could we afford for a 40 million plus player to not be playing because he auditioned for a vampire film the game before!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content