The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
totalytot
LOVELOVEROCKET
SuneJim
BazSpur
vis
9 posters

SACK SHERWOOD

Maximus
    Maximus
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 Empty Re: SACK SHERWOOD

Post by Maximus Mon Dec 30 2013, 05:39

levy has told tim very nice but dim, that he has to sell before he can buy, if Sherwood lasts to the end of the season as manager i think that quite a few will be offski.............
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 30 2013, 06:12

Depends how we shape up I'd say. We played very well today. Fast, free flowing, attacking football.

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30 2013, 06:45

I see the difference between Liverpool's heroic title bid and Tottenham's shambolic season is a massive 2 points then.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Dec 30 2013, 07:17

LOL.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Dec 30 2013, 07:20

LOL Lought rep for that one . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 30 2013, 11:07

OLD TRAFFORD

1 January

5.30 pm

Returning to the Man United lineup after a 6-month loan to Chelsea: Howard Webb.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Dec 30 2013, 21:13

You can't always blame the refs Lought. I think Webb is probably the best ref in the country and one of the best in Europe.

Having said that some of the other refs decisions over the weekend were diabolical.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue Dec 31 2013, 02:03

you can. hes one of the worst. take yesterday for example. completly bottled it

but rest assurd if that was chelsea v hull arsenal v west brom man u v stoke. he would of sent oscar off. it happend in front of hes eyes. how about the pens.

it happens all the times. they ref differnt in big games to protect the big players.

thats why you wont see a player in a big game get a yellow untill late in the first half.
    but any other games then they just book a player when they see fit.

the amount of times a big team get a pen when they need one at home but they get ignored at the other end.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 03 2014, 05:21

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 1560663_10152076850267789_1168203454_n
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Jan 03 2014, 06:49

Hmmm was I a bit hasty with wanting Timmy sacked? LOL we shall see . . . .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jan 05 2014, 06:11

Well that's 2 cup competitions he's managed to dump us out of . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sun Jan 05 2014, 06:25

limped out of this one.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Jan 05 2014, 06:26

Fucks up in the Europa and he has the treble . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 05 2014, 09:14

I can't understand why he didn't play Capoue, OK Bentaleb played ok and looks a good player in the making but we needed someone to fuck up their midfield and Capoue is the next best thing to The Beast.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Jan 07 2014, 01:33

I can't understand why Levy gave him the job, but then who knows what the hell goes through Levy's mind, he certainly does not know the meaning of the words stability and loyalty. I will support Sherwood, but do not like the fact he supports the Arsenal. I wonder what kind of emotions he felt Saturday when we lost, gutted we got beat, or well at least the team I have always followed won?. Win Win situation for Sherwood while we who are Spurs through and through have had  enough of being in the shadows of the gooners,  and will continue to be until Levy stops sticking knives in the back of the managers. I watched the FA Cup highlights last night, and what Gordon Strachan said after the United game was so true. Moyes is the man to take United forward as long as he is given the time to do so just as Ferguson was when things were not going right when he first went to United. It's such a bloody shame Levy can't see that managers can't be expected to deliver in there first one or two seasons, can't stand him, just a money man, no love for football or the club, never looks pleased when we score a goal, want him out.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13 2014, 04:21

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 2 1450079_10153688807175524_1452573141_n
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri Feb 21 2014, 07:12

3 cup games played & 3 sorry, woeful defeats. Shitwood the c*** is worse then useless. Get rid of him now before he inflicts any more damage . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:40

I think that is harsh, he is doing well considering the state of the club when he took over, IMO I think some fans never gave him a chance therefore whatever he does is not good enough. Why? because he is not foreign I think that is a lot of ********. He deserves more respect than what he is getting on this forum. As they say you may get what you wish for
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 21 2014, 09:56

We are going down the same old road we have gone down for tha last 20 years. Things go wrong "Change the manager". It isn't the answer.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Feb 21 2014, 20:22

But on the other hand if Sherwood IS the answer whats the quetion ?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 21 2014, 21:31

I'm not saying Sherwood is the answer Seebee but let's cast our minds back to when some on here were saying AVB wasn't the answer and we should get rid of him and that was at the very start of his tenure. I and others said then, be careful what you wish for. It's the same old, same old fella. The manager gets a couple of dodgy results "Sack the manager". We can't keep doing it. We are a laughing stock as far as changing managers goes. Sherwood has an 18 month contract and we all know he will be replaced at the end of it. Levey, should let him see it out at least.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Feb 21 2014, 21:37

But I don't think he will be allowed to see it out, I think he'll go in the summer and as much as I agree about stability, Sherwood was a panic appointment.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Feb 22 2014, 06:37

BazSpur wrote:We are going down the same old road we have gone down for tha last 20 years. Things go wrong "Change the manager". It isn't the answer.

I know you can't keep changing managers Baz but the most important thing is we have to find the right one but to be honest we haven't for a while now.

Many liked big Mart but he had run his course and had lost the dressing room and since he's left has been fired from at least 3 jobs so clearly he has limitations. Ramos had no interest in Spurs and should never have been employed to start with. The man that liked riding the underground instead of down the training ground, Mr Gross was an embarresment. Redknapp got us up the league and into the CL and many felt he should have stayed but nobody trusted him and he lost us CL and a finish above the arse so he had to go and would he have taken us further I don't think he would. So we now come to AVB and this one does split the vote with many but not for me. He was failing rapidly and for the same reasons he failed at Chelsea. His tactics were all wrong the players couldn't play to them and were totaly confused and like Jol he had his favourites something you can't have as a manager.

So we are now left with Sherwood for the rest of the season and this time when he is replaced it has to be a good manager with a track record in Europe that has won trophies and then we have to stand by him.

The problem with that is Levy is the man picking him and his track record is very poor to say the least as we all know.

So in a way I hope Sherwood succeeds and turns out to be a top manager and stays for at least 10 years. But I wont hold my breath in fact I will probably win the lottery first.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Feb 23 2014, 06:12

philip wrote:I think that is harsh, he is doing well considering the state of the club when he took over,  IMO I think some fans never gave him a chance  therefore whatever he does is not good enough.  Why? because he is not foreign I think that is a lot of  ********.  He deserves more respect than what he is getting on this forum.  As they say you may get what you wish for

Phillip I started this thread as a somewhat tounge-in-cheek pop at the sack AVB brigade. Seems like my wish is coming true lol. However I do to see the argument about sacking AVB because of the "state the club was in". What state my friend? Going well in 2 cup competitions, one of which we had won 8 straight scoring 23 & conceding 2 as I recall. 5 points off 4th place, highest points total at that part of the season etc etc. I think posters on here know I am almost always supportive of the club, management & players (except Adabadbigtoe lol) but with Shitwood I have nailed my colours to the mast early doors. I would love it for him to be a success and make me eat huge helpings of 'umble pie but i won't hold my breath on that . . ..
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Feb 24 2014, 04:54

Norwich 1 Spurs 0 and Norwich play us off the park.
    Nuff said . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 05:32