The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
totalytot
LOVELOVEROCKET
SuneJim
BazSpur
vis
9 posters

SACK SHERWOOD

LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

SACK SHERWOOD - Page 3 Empty Re: SACK SHERWOOD

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Feb 24 2014, 04:56

sherwood not the answer least we know that.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Feb 24 2014, 05:50

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:sherwood not the answer least we know that.

I think most of us knew that it was unlikely that Sherwood was the long term answer LLR.

But I don't think it would matter who was manager at the moment these players are just not good enough.

It's been said many times....mostly by me.....there were some bad purchases and the club got carried away with the Bale money and just bought randomly or at least it looked like it.

We should have taken a step back bought a striker.....I mean a real striker......Negredo was availabe so was Villa and Higuin but we bought 5th choice Soldado. Should have tried harder. Nice one Baldini. Then we needed a MF playmaker and whilst their were others we could have gone for I was not unhappy about Eriksen. The trouble is with the current players around him he hasn't exactly set the world on fire. It also makes you wonder why he was only 11 mil and why in the past couple of years nobody has bought him, perhaps other clubs saw his limitations.

Players like Chadli. Capoue, Chiriches, Lamela were a waste of money and unnessesary. Soldado was nesassary but the wrong choice. So basically a right fuck up.

We wouldn't have been any worse if they hadn't come here. When you watch them play they don't seem to try very hard and it seems like they would rather be somewhere else.

It will take along time and money to break up a big part of this team and start again.

In past years like 6 or 7 years ago we have had indifferent sides that were not going to win the title or get into CL but we were most times good to watch even when we lost and looked most seasons like winning a cup or two.

Mikey M

Last edited by totalytot on Tue Feb 25 2014, 08:57; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 24 2014, 07:53

I have to say Mikey as much as it pains me to say so. I am in total agreement. Repped.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Feb 25 2014, 00:23

Yes we probably bought too many players, fitting 7 in at one go is simply unworkable. But yesterdays team were in the majority players who were here last season.

Lloris i would one of our successes and how much worse would it have been without him. However i can see him leaving in the summer
    Naughton has had a complete run around 2 games running and doesn't look up to it.
    Rose will never make a defender as long as he plays.
    Dawson sorry Michael you are a wholehearted guy and love the club but not good enough now.
    Vertonghen not as good as last season mind you spends a deal of time trying to cover the absent Rose.
    Lennon never really improves.
    Bentelab someone said managers can't have favourites well this is nice buts and he is running him into the ground. Needs a rest.
    Townsend one trick pony and the world and his wife know what it is now.
    Adebayor yesterday back to his lazy can't control the ball could't care less attitude
    So are we better off than last season? The answer is yes if we can get the new guys gelling.
    Which brings me to Sherwood, people moaned about AVB tactics, well I can see no change and honestly that Sherwoods got the nous to change it.
    All in all things are not good and change must happen.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 25 2014, 01:49

I can't see anything changing any time soon. I was willing to give Sherwood a chance but he isn't cutting it I'm afraid. To go from coaching kids to first team coach is a big step and I don't think he has the nous.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 25 2014, 02:43

I don't think he's got the nous to be able to change things and probably never will have. But I like you Baz was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe he might have that something special that makes good managers and maybe the backroom guys had seen something that we didn't know about.

After all to move him up to manager at one of the top 6 sides in the premiership without any experience was a gamble. Then you think maybe he will turn out like Martinez did when he first came into it and other managers that have had success over the years without a lot of experience. But these last couple of games have shown that he can't change a game or motivate the players.

There are still 12 games to go or is it 11 and if we can stay 5th then we can at least say we finished above UTD. Remember people used to say who ever finishes above UTD will win the league.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Feb 25 2014, 03:10

OK as I said to Phillip, in starting this thread I was being a touch tongue in cheek and it's an easy thread to keep going if things go wrong as I can blame Timmy lol. However we are playing just as reserved as we did under AVB and the results aren't much different. We score a few more then we did but hey I would have taken 38 league games 1-0 Spurs, Soldildo penalty. Chumpions I tell ya, chumpions. So why the fek did darlin' Daniel change things ??? Timmy looks well out of his depth. And what that sack of shite Ferdinand is doing on the bench next to him I do not know? I will try to keep my knocking of management & players as humorous as possible as it really does pain me to criticize but unfortunately there is so much to wonder at at Spurs at present (woo hoo do I win a prize? I got the word at 3 times in a sentence?). Like all of us I will keep the faith but ye Gods this is turning into a well weird season . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Feb 25 2014, 04:33

I think it's gone past the tongue in cheek time now Vis. Sherwood seems to be seriously flawed.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Feb 25 2014, 06:44

Great post Mikey, repped. Just one point I would like to make re Soldado. I still believe he can be the striker this club needs given the time to prove himself. Perhaps we should have bought Ozil Lol. Seebee, you are so right with your post, it is just not the new players that are struggling but the whole squad. I would like to know what has happened to this club since AVB left, we had a team that was happy to play for him, they were happy to play for Sherwood for a few games, but now the squad looks as though they just don't care anymore. One thing I would do, and that is get Holtby back from Fulham, we should never have loaned him out and is the little dynamo we need to turn our season round.
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Tue Feb 25 2014, 08:28

we will win v cardiff then god help us the next 3 games arsenal pool chavs  Sad 

I stick by 7th our final postion In prem as stated begining of season.

7 players in not 1 left back. (acheel's heel).

just hasn't worked this season for whatever reasons.

big questions need be asked on who stays / goes with the players now in summer.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 25 2014, 08:52

LOVELOVEROCKET wrote:we will win v cardiff then god help us the next 3 games  arsenal pool chavs  Sad 

I stick by 7th our final postion In prem as stated begining of season.

7 players in not 1 left back. (acheel's heel).

just hasn't worked this season for whatever reasons.

big questions need be asked on who stays /  goes with the players now in summer.

I think come the summer LLR we may not have much say in who goes as a few will probably leave anyway.

Mikey M
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Feb 25 2014, 09:01

Boltjean wrote:Great post Mikey, repped. Just one point I would like to make re Soldado. I still believe he can be the striker this club needs given the time to prove himself. Perhaps we should have bought Ozil Lol. Seebee, you are so right with your post, it is just not the new players that are struggling but the whole squad. I would like to know what has happened to this club since AVB left, we had a team that was happy to play for him, they were happy to play for Sherwood for a few games, but now the squad looks as though they just don't care anymore. One thing I would do, and that is get Holtby back from Fulham, we should never have loaned him out and is the little dynamo we need to turn our season round.

You are dead right about Holtby my friend. He was a slow starter when he first arrived but he was playing with a lot of fire and his passing was getting so much better and then we loaned him to Fulham and the couple of games I have seen he is playing really well.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Feb 25 2014, 09:05

Why oh why loan Holtby out? OK the player probably had a lot to do with it but by fek he looks a better option than Crap-Poohie, Siggy, Bentleyindisguiselab, Chavli, Lennon & Townsend . . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Tue Feb 25 2014, 09:26

Well said vis I appreciate and I understand what everybody is saying on this thread that Sherwood is beginning to lose his touch, now I have some doubts as well. However, I am willing to give him more time to redeem himself as he said it is a mark of a good manager to bounce back after a disappointment episode. What really worries me most is his blind loyalty to Bentaleb and Soldado.

T S is aware that he is more likely to be shafted off; Top Four or no Top Four depending on the style of football, not helped with Louis Van Gaal sniffing around with comments that he is interested to take over after the World Cup. To be honest I wish this guy would shut the fu** up gob off and wait until the world cup. The last thing we want at this stage is for the manager and players to be undermined with adverse effect on results which is exactly what Van Gaal want.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Feb 25 2014, 09:41

Fair play Phillip. LOL I will bitch about Lil Tim when things go wrong but I hope I am man enough to praise if he does something praiseworthy. I agree with your comments about Van Gaal. Time Levy manned up and stopped dodgy dealing. Those stories about private detectives & possible smear tactics with regards to the Olympic stadium are starting to look very likely given darlin' Daniels recent behavior . . . . .
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Feb 25 2014, 19:53

I feel so sorry for any manager that is hired by Levy, there isn't any way I would come to this club and work under him if I was a manager. I wish there was some way the supporters could make it known to Lewis how we feel about Levy sacking managers season after season, surely he can see the mess this club is in under him. We never hear any chants at the Lane of Levy out, so therefore he probably thinks we are happy with him as chairman. When Jol got the sack during his last game in charge, the crowd were chanting Martin's name, they should have chanted Levy out then.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Feb 26 2014, 00:34

Boltjean wrote:I feel so sorry for any manager that is hired by Levy, there isn't any way I would come to this club and work under him if I was a manager. I wish there was some way the supporters could make it known to Lewis how we feel about Levy sacking managers season after season, surely he can see the mess this club is in under him. We never hear any chants at the Lane of Levy out, so therefore he probably thinks we are happy with him as chairman. When Jol got the sack during his last game in charge, the crowd were chanting Martin's name, they should have chanted Levy out then.

It's a shame you made it known you wouldn't work under him Len as I think you were in with a shout.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 26 2014, 00:38

It's a shame you made it known you wouldn't work under him Len as I think you were in with a shout.

Mikey M

lmao lmao lmao lmao lmao 
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Feb 26 2014, 05:59

Cheers Mikey. Perhaps I will have to think again as to whether I could work under Daniel, who I would like to say is the best chairman this club has ever had. He gave those eleven managers a chance to prove how good they were, a few of them longer than a season and they could not deliver what this club craves, success. A season for God's sake, how long do they want. Yes, good on him I say, and if he wants me at the club after the axe falls on Tim I might just give it some thought. At least there will be no chance of him giving me the axe if I fail as it should be blunt by then. Anyway, I don't expect to be sacked, I will achieve the double in my first season and win the Champions League, the Premiership title, and the FA Cup the following season, boy won't Daniel be pleased.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Feb 26 2014, 07:30

Boltjean wrote:Cheers Mikey. Perhaps I will have to think again as to whether I could work under Daniel, who I would like to say is the best chairman this club has ever had. He gave those eleven managers a chance to prove how good they were, a few of them longer than a season and they could not deliver what this club craves, success. A season for God's sake, how long do they want. Yes, good on him I say, and if he wants me at the club after the axe falls on Tim I might just give it some thought. At least there will be no chance of him giving me the axe if I fail as it should be blunt by then. Anyway, I don't expect to be sacked, I will achieve the double in my first season and win the Champions League, the Premiership title, and the FA Cup the following season, boy won't Daniel be pleased.

And then Len you'll wake up and guess what we'll still be looking for a manager.

Mikey M
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Feb 26 2014, 07:42

Boltjean wrote:Cheers Mikey. Perhaps I will have to think again as to whether I could work under Daniel, who I would like to say is the best chairman this club has ever had. He gave those eleven managers a chance to prove how good they were, a few of them longer than a season and they could not deliver what this club craves, success. A season for God's sake, how long do they want. Yes, good on him I say, and if he wants me at the club after the axe falls on Tim I might just give it some thought. At least there will be no chance of him giving me the axe if I fail as it should be blunt by then. Anyway, I don't expect to be sacked, I will achieve the double in my first season and win the Champions League, the Premiership title, and the FA Cup the following season, boy won't Daniel be pleased.

LOL Love it. Rep Len . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20 2024, 06:29