The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
BazSpur
LOBO
6 posters

Defoe

Defoe Empty Defoe

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:04

heres the stats on defoe based on prem games

this season 13 games goals 0 2 assist
    from jan 2010 he played 16 games and scored 4 goals 1 was a pen aganst chelsea

29 games and 4 goals 1 was a pen

Defoe Empty Re: Defoe

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:05

maybe we shoould of given rasik a chance lol

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:05

http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/tottenham_hotspur/player/season_139/jermain_defoe_7958/index.shtml
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:15

Loughtonlegend wrote:http://www.tottenhamhotspur-mad.co.uk/tottenham_hotspur/player/season_139/jermain_defoe_7958/index.shtml

defoe is on fire'''yah lol!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:29

did u know pav has got more prem goals this rooney this season. rooney has 5 yet starts nearly ever game
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 23 2011, 10:32

Exactly, Rooney starts every game. It must be because Sir Alex sees something in him. He thinks if he continues to play him he will start scoring again. Much the same as Harry must think about Defoe.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 23 2011, 18:42

Loughtonlegend wrote:maybe we shoould of given rasik a chance lol

Or maybe you should post Defoes career stats and not recent form (dont forget he was injured for 3 months), but its ok, because Lobo will come along and back up your nonsense, Defoe has not become a bad striker overnight Lought, but all you can see is Pav and ex players. Then you want to pay 35 million for a geordie thug and 23 million for Suarez that has scored one goal that a defender should have cleared.

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Feb 23 2011, 22:09

djfitzo wrote:

Or maybe you should post Defoes career stats and not recent form (dont forget he was injured for 3 months), but its ok, because Lobo will come along and back up your nonsense, Defoe has not become a bad striker overnight Lought, but all you can see is Pav and ex players. Then you want to pay 35 million for a geordie thug and 23 million for Suarez that has scored one goal that a defender should have cleared.

Sorry Djfitzo but you talk just as much nonsense, i know your admin but that don't make you right all the time, telling us whats what , if you don't like what we say then don't reply simple as , as for defoe you can't keep playing an out of form striker just because of his past record alone , me a lought have said all along this spurs side lacks thrust up front, and all we get is yeah but look at defoe past , when it comes to our strike force you can't see a problem with it, and thats fine its you opinion .

Last edited by LOBO on Wed Feb 23 2011, 22:19; edited 1 time in total
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 23 2011, 22:17

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Sorry Djfitzo but you talk more rubbish than most on here, i know your admin but that don't make you right all the time, telling us whats what all the time , if you don't like what we say then don't reply simple as , as for defoe you can't keep playing an out of form striker just because of his past record alone , me a lought have said all along this spurs side lacks Bollox when it comes to our strike force but you can't see that and thats fine its you opinion.

Well you got that wrong Lobo, im not admin, wrong dj, so i talk more rubbish then most on here lol you mean i dont come on here constantly carping like you and Lought, come on them remind me of some rubbish that i post then.

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 00:45

Suarez is playin well though.
    and who cares about defoe passed stats. its the here and now that counts.

he should be benched and brought on to get some confidence back.

hes meant to be at hes peak

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:Suarez is playin well though.
    and who cares about defoe passed stats. its the here and now that counts.

he should be benched and brought on to get some confidence back.

hes meant to be at hes peak

Lought I agree with you about Defoe and the bench. If it was me I would be giving him 20/30 minutes a game to regain confidence & find form. The past stats prove he is not a "rubbish" player but at present his form is far from great. This is a guy who needs a goal. Last night he should have had 2 and would have, had it not been for last ditch clearences off the line. That proves he can still get in the right place's to find the net and soon he will. Until then maybe bench time would help him ? Let's face it none of our strikers are posing the threat that they have in previous seasons at present . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24 2011, 02:13

yea harry should take him out the firing line. if hes on the bench and comes on aganst tiring defenders then he will score and get some confidence back

Post by Guest Fri Feb 25 2011, 04:36

17 league games is a long wait for him to come good... we're talking Postiga levels now.

Aahh Postiga, those suppressed memories! But seriously, I don't think it's neither knee-jerk nor rash to propose that we should listen to any offers for him. We all want the club to move forward, to improve in any way we can. He has become a conundrum now, this Jermain. It's strange, but what if he had scored a hat-trick yesterday, would that brush over his very limited skillset and bought him another 10 games of impotency?

We can't hide the fact that he's no youngster anymore, he is a professional striker at the peak of his career, and isn't likely to improve in many fields of his play. He now has vast PL experience, plays in front of the most creative midfield we've had in ages, with Crouch he has the most unselfish strike partner he could hope for, and should be banging in goals for fun, blindfolded. But instead he couldn't find the back of the goal even if we moved his address in there and opened up a brothel.

Yes, he may and probably will find his form again, but is that good enough or does it come soon enough? Would we allow this sustained lack of form from anybody other than a striker? Can we capitalize on his market value in the summer, and/or why has he never attracted interest? I mean, even Jenas to Inter rumours circulated for a long time. Can we afford to wait for him to "come good", whatever that means? I know what I vote for.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Feb 25 2011, 18:19

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 25 2011, 21:01

Great find Lee. As kingy would say "Have a green stick".

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:03

what a rubbish clip. apart from the arsneal goal all the rest was aganst poor teams. he never scores at big grounds.

at least 3 of them goals was offside..

and the person got so desprete for defoe goals he had to include spammers goals.

i see dzeko scored 2 goals last night.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:11

Loughtonlegend wrote:what a rubbish clip. apart from the arsneal goal all the rest was aganst poor teams. he never scores at big grounds.

at least 3 of them goals was offside..

and the person got so desprete for defoe goals he had to include spammers goals.

i see dzeko scored 2 goals last night.

So what!! Citeh would have just outbid us and as above it was against a crap team, your should really think before
    you post Lought!!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 02:21

we had so much time to get suarz. kenny dalglish wasnt even in charge then. but we waited untill the last week and tried to get cheap price.

and yea the team last night was crap but least hes scoring.

face it defoe has been rubbish since being back.

think about it. we brough portsmouth strike force lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 03:40

Loughtonlegend wrote:we had so much time to get suarz. kenny dalglish wasnt even in charge then. but we waited untill the last week and tried to get cheap price.

and yea the team last night was crap but least hes scoring.

face it defoe has been rubbish since being back.

think about it. we brough portsmouth strike force lol

But at the time Lought, they were scoring freely for Pompey, Defoe has scored lots of goals before on Tommy Hudds through
    balls, christ we have missed those.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Feb 26 2011, 03:43

Oh and on Suarez Lought, we was in the driving seat and going to get him for what I feel he was really worth, you cant allow for Pool selling their best player to fund Saurezs purchase.
    Why do you think we are so financially sound? but for Pool surez would probably be playing (or biting) for us.

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 04:24

we was to slow again. we waited untill the last week of jan. we could of had him sign seald and delivery at the start of the transfers
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Feb 26 2011, 04:36

P*ss off man Lought, 1 minute you mugging off Defoe for only scoring against smaller teams yet you big up Dzeko because he is scoring against bakers and gardeners. BTW Dzeko is rubbish has looked worse than our strikers this term
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Feb 26 2011, 04:59

Can we becareful how we answer posters. I know sometimes we all can get carried away because we are passionate.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Feb 26 2011, 05:08

Really sorry for the use of the language Baz, my blood boils at times!!!

Post by Guest Sat Feb 26 2011, 05:54

yes well defoe not scoring at all. and yes i would rather have dzeko carrol and the 1 i really would of wanted suarz ahead of defoe.

face the facts jol was right. defoe is not that good and thats why he was always on the bench.

stats dont lie and the fact posters need to go back to past season for when he was scoring says it all.

take away the 5goals v wigan 3 aganst leeds and hess recored is wors then darren bent who was never given a big run in the team yet stil scored at arsneal chelsea twice man 3 times.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content