The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
defoe EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
defoe EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
defoe EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
defoe EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
defoe EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
defoe EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
defoe EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

defoe Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
BazSpur
SuneJim
DJSR
shearspur
8 posters

defoe

defoe Empty defoe

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 03:19

why dont he ever score 1 on 1s. everytime he shoots a weak effort. fkin p*sses me right off. im sorry but bent is def the better finniser off the 2. and bent scores aganst the big 4 away from home
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

defoe Empty Re: defoe

Post by shearspur Sun Apr 04 2010, 04:21

leave it out lought , defoes double the player bent is, i know who i would rather have. i think youve got to MUCH drink in the house and necked it all lol
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Sun Apr 04 2010, 05:13

How many pen's did Bent miss?? says it all...

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 05:31

how many has defoe missed. and i think you wil find in the last 4 seasons bents scored more, even in poor sunderland team and chalrton team hes scored loads.. he even scored aganst chelsea man u and arsneal home and away for the last 2 season
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Sun Apr 04 2010, 05:39

Lought i'm going to hold my reply till i've watched the 90 minutes on Football first. But i get the feeling i'm still not going to like what you've said lol.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 05:41

lought, bent has a point to prove against us ! 2 managers didnt want the bloke and that says it all for me, he couldnt lace defoes boots.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 05:49

im sure most players would of liked playin aganst kaboul. and jim it was a woefull performance
    i though walker and gomez did ok. but pav was rubbish so was bentley and i new we was fked when we put krankar on the right at half time. defoe came on had 2 1 on 1ns fluffed both then got a nock on hes ankle about 60mins then he didnt touch the ball after that. so many players pulling out of tackles it was embarsen.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 04 2010, 06:43

Oh, I am sure they will all be ok for Next week. defoe Icon_biggrin
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Sun Apr 04 2010, 11:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:why dont he ever score 1 on 1s. everytime he shoots a weak effort. fkin p*sses me right off. im sorry but bent is def the better finniser off the 2. and bent scores aganst the big 4 away from home
    Lou I would like to say you do not know what you are talking about, I have agreed with your opinions in the past but not this one. To be frank either you are p***ed or talking through your b*ck side, I know we are all upset by the result but for you to compare Defoe to Bent is beyound comprehension, I would not have Bent even for free. For 90 minutes the guy does not compare with Defoe at any level.
    You are very good with statistics, let me ask you for this year how many matches have Sunderland won when Bent has scored compared to how many games have Spurs won when Defoe has scored. There you will find your answer Defoe wins hands down
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sun Apr 04 2010, 18:45

philip wrote:
    Loughtonlegend wrote:why dont he ever score 1 on 1s. everytime he shoots a weak effort. fkin p*sses me right off. im sorry but bent is def the better finniser off the 2. and bent scores aganst the big 4 away from home
    Lou I would like to say you do not know what you are talking about, I have agreed with your opinions in the past but not this one. To be frank either you are p***ed or talking through your b*ck side, I know we are all upset by the result but for you to compare Defoe to Bent is beyound comprehension, I would not have Bent even for free. For 90 minutes the guy does not compare with Defoe at any level.
    You are very good with statistics, let me ask you for this year how many matches have Sunderland won when Bent has scored compared to how many games have Spurs won when Defoe has scored. There you will find your answer Defoe wins hands down
    Damn right, he was awful last week against the Pool and had two goals handed on a plate to him today, what else did he do?. Sunderland for how poor they were last week have lost only 2 at home all season and was always going to be tough. You throw Kaboul into the mix whos not played with Bassong and for all Gomes heroics he was not good for the first two goals, couple that with some dodgy decisions from Lee Mason again. Lought Ive never know anyone dig our team as much as you do, we have key players out injured, just won 5 on the spin and your still moaning, we have one bad day in god knows how many and this players no good and thats players no good, its at times like this we need to get behind the boys. I said in an earlier post that 4th wont be decided until the last two games and looking at the fixtures for ALL remaining contenders I stand by that. I watched Citeh need a dodgy ref decision last week to beat Wigan and dont be fooled by yesterdays game against Burnley, they was just awful. With 6 games to go we are still only 1 point off 4th and Villa do have to play Citeh, they both cant win. Now going from relegation fodder last year to top 4 contenders and fa cup semi finalists this time round, maybe you aught to consider which team you follow, cos I cant tell judging by you posts.

Post by Guest Sun Apr 04 2010, 18:56

djfitzo wrote:
    philip wrote:
    Damn right, he was awful last week against the Pool and had two goals handed on a plate to him today, what else did he do?. Sunderland for how poor they were last week have lost only 2 at home all season and was always going to be tough. You throw Kaboul into the mix whos not played with Bassong and for all Gomes heroics he was not good for the first two goals, couple that with some dodgy decisions from Lee Mason again. Lought Ive never know anyone dig our team as much as you do, we have key players out injured, just won 5 on the spin and your still moaning, we have one bad day in god knows how many and this players no good and thats players no good, its at times like this we need to get behind the boys. I said in an earlier post that 4th wont be decided until the last two games and looking at the fixtures for ALL remaining contenders I stand by that. I watched Citeh need a dodgy ref decision last week to beat Wigan and dont be fooled by yesterdays game against Burnley, they was just awful. With 6 games to go we are still only 1 point off 4th and Villa do have to play Citeh, they both cant win. Now going from relegation fodder last year to top 4 contenders and fa cup semi finalists this time round, maybe you aught to consider which team you follow, cos I cant tell judging by you posts.

Good post dave ! i have said before that lought does have a good knowledge of spurs players and their merits but his problem is being all too ready to slag them off when they have a bad one, however, i used to do that not so long ago on here , but none of us are perfect, i still think what i think without airing my views of our players on here, its too controversial and leads to needless arguments.

Lought wil learn as i have done .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 04 2010, 20:55

Great post Dave (Have a rep point) and spot on mate. Couldn't it be as Jim said that we had one eye on the FA cup semi yesterday.We are in our first semi for god knows how long and it must get to the players. It doesn't affect teams like the top four as they are always on the edge of semi's and finals. But this is our first since 93 is it? 98 I am reliably informed lol. The players all want to play so their not going to give their all are they? Hence the reason we were like a powder puff yesterday rather than a powder keg lol.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sun Apr 04 2010, 22:29; edited 1 time in total
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Apr 04 2010, 21:11

Think Harry told them to try to not get injured we have been dropping like flies Sgt Wilson has been to scared with been on nine bookings but thats gone now i think lol. We dont half miss the Huddlestone and Wilson partnership hopefully next season Sandro will be a good replacement thinkhe is a mix of both
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Apr 04 2010, 21:56

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]why dont he ever score 1 on 1s. everytime he shoots a weak effort. fkin p*sses me right off. im sorry but bent is def the better finniser off the 2. and bent scores aganst the big 4 away from home

That may be Lought.

He can't touch Sandra though can he.

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 02:18

i thouhgt we should of played livermoor in the middle as we had nuffing to lose. anyway phillip darren bent has been the top prem english scorer for passed 6 seassons. he always gets 20 goals a season and at spurs he didnt start many games. at sunderland he dosent get that many chances the same when he was at charlton. so how can he be crap if he scores more goals in the league then rooney up until this season and crouch and defoe and chalrton cole hesky.
    when spurs had there best season we had 1 up front clive allen, all he was is a goal hanger and he was so good at it, he couldnt hold the ball up. same with linker. we need someone in the box at all time, most of the time pav crouch defoe need to come and get the ball meaning theres no one in the box when bale/bentley crosses the ball in

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 04:02

Bent gets 20+ a season. Fair comment Lought. But why then is he not England's #1 ? Shimples. He will score goals where he is the main focus of play but will not score when he is part of a free scoring team who do not play to a big ole fashioned centre forward. 1 in 3 for Spurs was Bents record. Cappello ain't intrested in him and YES he was a great goal scorer for Charlton & now at Sun'Lan . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 04:14

he wont play for england the same way zamora wont or any other good striker that dont play for top4 . england have a groupe of players that always play no matter how bad they play. another tournment lampard gerrard and rio lead us into and yet they never get anywhere. everybody knows gerrard and lampard cant play togeather. yet we stil play them because the managers dont have the bottle to drop 1. when was last time gerrard played well for england.
    england are also to relliant on rooney. if he gets injurid then we are donald ducked

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 05:16

Loughtonlegend wrote:he wont play for england the same way zamora wont or any other good striker that dont play for top4 . england have a groupe of players that always play no matter how bad they play. another tournment lampard gerrard and rio lead us into and yet they never get anywhere. everybody knows gerrard and lampard cant play togeather. yet we stil play them because the managers dont have the bottle to drop 1. when was last time gerrard played well for england.
    england are also to relliant on rooney. if he gets injurid then we are donald ducked

Lought, Defoe & Crouch are regulars for England but we ain't top 4 just yet ! Does this mean you don't think our most regular front pairing aren't good strikers (on second thoughts maybe we already know what you think lol) ? Give me the truth now mate. Pavy & Bent or Pavy & Defoe ? Bent will always score goals for teams like Sun'Lan who use him to their and his strengths. Spurs don't play like Charlton or Sun'Lan. The next highest Sun'Lan player has about 6 goals ! Lets set some homework as well. How many assists does Bent have ? As with others I would always take Jermain Man over Twittering Darren . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 05:40

im not sure as i really dont rate defoe. never have. he winds me up. i remember in jol season. there was at least 4 games where we was 1 0 up and injury time we have a break 3 on 1 and he shoots at an angle and missis yet if he passed would of been a tap in. he just dont have awarness like teddy or berbatov. hes just too greedy for me. im not a crouch fan either but at least he is a team player

Post by Guest Mon Apr 05 2010, 05:41

he scoreed 5 aganst wigan and 2 aganst someone else the week before ant the hatric aganst hull take them away and hes record isnt too good
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Apr 05 2010, 18:33

Loughtonlegend wrote:he scoreed 5 aganst wigan and 2 aganst someone else the week before ant the hatric aganst hull take them away and hes record isnt too good
    Why would you take them away? His job is to score goals and thats what he does, no matter who his partner is, did you watch Bent against the Pool? shocking, yet he always scores against the top 4 doesnt he Lought?
    Anyway if Bent was to still be playing for us and he had a bad game, im sure you would be on here pointing out his faults.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 05 2010, 20:19

Visionarysound wrote As with others I would always take
    Jermain Man over Twittering Darren . . . . . .

PMSL

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content