The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
striker stats EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
striker stats EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
striker stats EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
striker stats EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
striker stats EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
striker stats EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
striker stats EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
striker stats EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
striker stats EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

striker stats Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

striker stats

striker stats Empty striker stats

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 09:19

ok so i was having a look at our strikers stats and here's what worries me for them who say defoe is our best out and out goal scorer

defoe - played 43 - scored 24
    keane - played 25 - scored 9
    crouch - played 47 - scored 13
    pav - played 24 - scored 10
    gud - played 14 - scored 2

now defoe played nearly double of games than pav and keane, i bet my car that if pav and keane had as much games as defoe they would have got close to 24 goals if not more, while this shows what a Bollox it was playing crouch more than pav and keane at the start of the season as he played more than double games than pav and keane and there were 3-4 respectively off him, but defoe worries me for somebody who is meant to have a eye for goal next season he needs to show it cause tbh got me thinking would a keane - pav partnership work its like a poor man's keane-berba partnership but if pav works on strength and accuracy we could have a great front pair infront of our very eyes...i'm not having a dig at defoe our crouch here i just looked at the stats and got thinking any thoughts lads

remember defoe got 8 goals in 1 week. take them away and its glum readin for hes stats

striker stats Empty Re: striker stats

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 09:32

Defoe ratio of a goal per 1.79 games
    Crouch ratio of a goal per 3.61 games
    Keane ratio of a goal per 2.77 games
    Pavy ratio of a goal per 2.4 games
    Gudjohnson ratio of a goal per 7.0 games

Defoe comes out top on goals per games stats Lought . . . . .. .

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 09:38

3 hat tricks and a few peniltys, hardly anything to cream about. I thought it was this season he was meant to be unstoppble but he only scored 1 in last 2months and 1 pen. i think hes overrated
    even bent scored more then him again and thats wiv less chances, defoe gets more chances then bent
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri May 28 2010, 09:45

Nice stats Lought and Vis. Rep points for both of you.

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 18:48

And how many games did Defoe miss thro' injury towards the end of the season. I quite agree that he went 'off his game' towards the middle of the season but a return of a goal every 1.79 is not too sad at all. If Pavy had the same ratio he should have ended up with about 13 goals. 3 more than he did. Put that across all the strikers and we should have ended up with about 28 goals more from our other front men(and Crouch should have doubled his total !). The lack of goals from midfield is of more concern to me but hopefully 'arry will be working on this with the players pre-season. The one thing I've got to take you to task with Lought is your complaint with how Defoe scored his goals. Does it matter ? 8 in a week, a couple of hat-tricks, some pens ! He's paid to score and thats what his done with a respectable return on goals per game. You seem to be completely dissatisfied with all our strikers except for, maybe, Pavy with a goal every 2.4 games., If he had have played as many as Defoe he would have ended up with just 18 goals if we use his ratio. How many games would those 6 less goals have cost us ? 58 goals from our strikers thro' the course of the season. Could be better but could be worse. Could also be just one front player (e.g Bent) scores nearly all the goals . . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 18:48

Thanx for the rep Bazza . . . . ..

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 22:10

i thought defoe had a few bad runs where he hardlyu scored. but he still played 43 games. Im not that inpressed with any of our strikers so i hope we get a new 1
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri May 28 2010, 22:57

Must admit I agree with Loughton about Defoe despite the stats.Last 4 games he was invisible.

Post by Guest Fri May 28 2010, 23:05

a fit and raring to go defoe is your best striker by far, the goals per game ratio proves this imo, a new striker may be a good addition, but not at the expense of defoe, i hope he lstarts for england up front with rooney in our first world cup game.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue Jun 01 2010, 23:03

Lets see how he does in the WC before we write him off as I think he wiil get a few games even if its as a sub.
    Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09 2024, 07:58