The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Money for new players ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Money for new players ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Money for new players ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Money for new players ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Money for new players ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Money for new players ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Money for new players ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Money for new players ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Money for new players ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Money for new players ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

Money for new players !

Money for new players ! Empty Money for new players !

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 20:57

You know i dont criticise harry much ! but i certainly cant understand why keane and bentley werent sold in the summer...........? keane has lost his way at spurs and needs a new challenge, and what has bentley done since he has been at spurs ? well we remember that fantastic goal against the goons ? but thats all.

I think a few of us on here were crying out for a back up for defoe in the summer, a goal sniffer, a goal hanger is the way i put it those months back, surely both keane and bentley,s contribution has been so small that they should have been sold to finance the buying of a new striker, harry was always saying we couldnt afford such and such a player and it was reported we only had £9 mill to spend, of which £8 mill went on vdv so you have to take that report as true.

If you have a player or players that are not getting games because they arent doing their stuff on the pitch then it makes sense to flog them and get in someone else who will do something.

Not deamening pav or crouch but they arent prolific enough to be cover for defoe, keane is i suppose is but he is so out of sorts.........sell "em" both in january, and if jenas doesnt maintain his newly found form then out him too, if they aint doing it on the pitch then why keep them, get in someone who will do it.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Money for new players ! Empty Re: Money for new players !

Post by MarkA249 Wed Sep 29 2010, 21:03

Bet he could of got a decent striker in on loan from italy or spain or germany

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 21:11

Edin dzeko mark ! if its true, knocked down from 30 to 20 mill.

I know harry will be buying and selling this jan, cant come too soon for me.....................arry to live up to his wheeler dealer reputation, as much as he hates it because he,s a fackin football manager not a fackin wheeler dealer. lol! lol!
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Wed Sep 29 2010, 22:51

In all the interviews i saw of Harry during the Summer he looked a very frustrated chap as he gave Levy a list of players he wanted & the Bloke never delivered. Now i don't expect us to be held to ransom over transfer fees & have to pay silly wages but i get the feeling the chequebook was well & truly closed.

How many Players did Harry say he liked publicly to try & prompt Levy into some business. As the Transfer window drew to a close you see Harry's annoyance in all his interviews.

Then when we did sign Van Der Vaart & Harry said when asked at the training ground about the deal,,,,,,,,,,, he said " Daniel rang me & said i can get you VD Vaart for 8 million" & what did Harry say live on SSN "I don't want to spend your money but i would like him" Now that was a closing dig at Levy & the lack of business done during the summer born out of real frustration.

As for all players leaving the club,,,,,,,,,, if they hadn't have had injuries Bentley & O'Hara would have gone & Keane as well if we'd have got a replacement. We couldn't sell first look what happened when we did that & ended up with just Darren Bent & Roman Pavlyuchenko, plus Frazer Campbell on loan when we sold Keane last time & Berbatov slopping off on the last day of the season.

I personally don't think much business will be done in January either especially if we're all ready out of the CL. Because we won't be such an attractive proposition to the better players then.

Post by Guest Wed Sep 29 2010, 23:47

Interesting thoughts jim, was bentley injured in the summer, and keane ?

i have to say that i think a few will leave in january, they just arent doing anything ! why keep them.?

Woodgate is another i think we should start thinking about ending his contract, as good as he is and i really rate the bloke when he is fit he is just a drain on much needed cash resources.

Get your point about leaving us short if we sold, but thats when players like obika should be used in case of injuries, or in case we couldnt get the desired player in.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Sep 30 2010, 00:09

Because we won't be such an attractive proposition to the better players then.

Posted in an earlier thread Jim, Fabiano didnt come to us, its all about the money mate, Citeh dont have CL footie, yet they still get the players
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 30 2010, 01:28

Yes Bentley was injured in our first Pre-Season friendly & only started training about two or three weeks ago Mate.

Plus Harry's all ready said Woodgate's latest op has failed & he's resigned to retiring.

How do you miss all this all the time Mate lol
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 30 2010, 01:35

djfitzo wrote:Because we won't be such an attractive proposition to the better players then.

Posted in an earlier thread Jim, Fabiano didnt come to us, its all about the money mate, Citeh dont have CL footie, yet they still get the players

Money does play a big part Dave but it's the whole package for the quality players Wages, CL & Club's Ambition.

As for Citeh who have they brought in that's better than what we have. They've spent a fortune on players & paying scandalous wages to be no better than us. So i don't care about them.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 02:14

i dont blame levy for wantin to get rid of some players first. i do think ohara and bentley would of gone if they wasnt injurid.

pav and keane will be sold when we get a replacment in.

i think we will go for a striker in jan thats it.

Post by Guest Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:40

SuneJim wrote:Yes Bentley was injured in our first Pre-Season friendly & only started training about two or three weeks ago Mate.

Plus Harry's all ready said Woodgate's latest op has failed & he's resigned to retiring.

How do you miss all this all the time Mate lol

How do i miss it jim ? well theres more to life than football jim ! as much as i love tottenham and love talking tottenham i dont sniff around for every single snippet thats available,every day life sort of gets in the way ! lol!

As for bentley ! so long ago and he isnt a player i am ardent about ! i sort of hope for the best for him.

Cant remember any news on woodgate apart from a last gasp op to save his career, and the missus gets the mail every day...........it wasnt in there mate ? and i would have thought max or another poster might have put it up on here ????? did i miss something !?
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Sep 30 2010, 04:51

Lew more to life than Spurs,,,,,,,,,,, How dare you LMAO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:37