The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Empty Ade must put football before money says Redknapp.

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 11 2011, 17:18

Adebayor must make sacrifice to secure Spurs deal

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Mystery-man
    Date: 11th October 2011 at 6:50 am
    Written by FFC News Desk

Follow this writer

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Emmanuel-Adebayor1-300x225Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted that Emmanuel Adebayor must take a pay cut if he wants to secure a permanent deal at White Hart Lane.

The Togolese striker is currently on loan for the season at the North London club from Manchester City, and has scored three goals in four consecutive Spurs’ victories in an impressive start to his time with Redknapp’s men.

Despite the fact that he seemingly has no future at the Etihad Stadium and would be available at a cut-price transfer fee, Redknapp has admitted the forward will need to take a drop from his current £150,000-a-week wages.

“If Emmanuel maintains his current form I would love to keep him but
    his wages are going to be a major stumbling block, that’s for sure,” the
    coach told The Sun.

“I have no idea how much we are paying towards his wages at the
    moment as the chairman [Daniel Levy] deals with those issues but I
    suspect they are massively subsidised by City.

“The only way we can realistically get a deal done is if Emmanuel is
    prepared to take a substantial pay-cut and put his football before
    money,” he concluded.

Spurs continue their march towards Champions League football with a trip to St James’ Park on Sunday.

By Gareth McKnight
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Empty Re: Ade must put football before money says Redknapp.

Post by LOBO Tue Oct 11 2011, 22:15

Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Empty Re: Ade must put football before money says Redknapp.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 01:01

couldnt resisted lol
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Oct 12 2011, 01:03

Yes Arry - just like you would if someone came along offering you twice the rate jocolor

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 01:39

yep your right nic. harry bangs on about money and loyalilty but has never ever shown it with any club hes been in

he left portsmoth for southampton claiming he didnt kno they was rivals lol then left souhamton when they went down to go back to portsmouth.

hes would leave us in a heartbeat if a better job comes along

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 02:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep your right nic. harry bangs on about money and loyalilty but has never ever shown it with any club hes been in

he left portsmoth for southampton claiming he didnt kno they was rivals lol then left souhamton when they went down to go back to portsmouth.

hes would leave us in a heartbeat if a better job comes along

What a statement lought, seems you are in harrys mind and know his thoughts, better than he does himself.

The only job he wants outside of spurs is england as he feels that is the pinnacle of football management.
    Lought, dont belittle the bloke who gave you cl for the first time ever and will repeat it this season.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 02:48

but then done so bad the season after. we got champions league due to ekotto gettin injurid and harry having to cancel the loan agreement to loan bale out and for pav getting a chance and ended up top scorer and man c being rubbish

if you dont think harry would run to chelsea man u o a bigger club if they came crawling then your naive
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Oct 12 2011, 03:21

Bloody hell Lought you are just like Arry at times. He never tires of telling us when he took us over we had played 8 games were bottom of the Prem with 2 points. You never tire of telling us Bale was going out on loan and Pav was top scorer etc, etc. WE KNOW we don't need to keep being reminded of it like a worn out record bleating away in the back ground mate.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Oct 12 2011, 03:26

If I were you lads I would just keep your fingers crossed that the offer never comes from Citeh or Chelsea if you want to hang on to Arry - he would not lose a heartbeat is squaring his conscience with his wallet (imo)as he has done previously

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 03:26

Cant understand why we cant just see the season out loughty and judge then.?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 03:33

anicoll5 wrote:If I were you lads I would just keep your fingers crossed that the offer never comes from Citeh or Chelsea if you want to hang on to Arry - he would not lose a heartbeat is squaring his conscience with his wallet (imo)as he has done previously

Ha ha ha ! i can see harry travelling up to the city training ground everyday day nic, as he approaches retirement, all the way from the south ! his family count for nothing when it comes to money ehh ?
    He wants the england job and then he will retire to the bournemouth riviera.

Anyhow ! how was wenger persuaded all those years ago to stay at the goons when he was touted as wanted by real and all the others, wasnt a wage rise was it ?

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 04:41

harry just warming the seat untill the specal one come home lol[url][/url][img][/img]Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. David_pleat_140x140

Post by Guest Wed Oct 12 2011, 04:44

opps i meant Ade must put football before money says Redknapp. Jose-mourinho11
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Oct 13 2011, 00:10

More chat from Harry Im not happy about ....Adybayor has played four games and now our manager is talking about him taking a cut in wages to be at Spurs next season. wtf ? lol

Yes i know Ade has made it clear he wants out at Citeh but who else loans a player and after four games chats about the players wages?

Did the Swansea manager say after Caulkers first few games , we want to sign him but he will have to take a wage cut? ...How about the now injured Bentley at Spams.....Did the Spams say anything regarding a permanent move, that he will need to take a pay cut?

Ade has got to play at the very least another twenty good games for us , not five good games and the rest mediocre, but twenty good ones before we even start thinking about putting together a transfer package for him ... The guy has talent but for me, its his long term attitude that's under scrutiny here ...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 00:25

bang on arnie. if im honest i was a bit disspointed in hes performanc versus the goons. its as if he didnt want to beat them
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Oct 13 2011, 00:30

I agree Lought, it wasnt his best game of the four but I think he's allowed one slight dip in four...He did still supply a delicious pass to VDV for our opener too...

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 00:42

ye true. oh well if hes out then up step super pav who help book russia into the euros after being recalled for hes secound game with a goal in wich they won 6 0.

meanwhile vdv given 90 mins and they lose 3 2 to sweden
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Oct 13 2011, 01:03

I cant see Harry starting the game with two upfront if Parker and Sandro are both fit Lought ....

Newcastle's midfield will be testing ....

You don't much like VDV do you ? lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Oct 13 2011, 07:49

Loughtonlegend wrote:

couldnt resisted lol

LOL ffs

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 08:49

LOL guys. Lought is the one poster who see's the weakneses when Redknapp insists on playing VdV. For that alone he deserves this . . . . . .

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Oct 13 2011, 09:54

Slow acoustic Vis? Do me a favour fella. Loud and Proud everytime mate.

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 10:01

Soo-Poib Baz . . . . .
    (and now we is well off thread fella lol )

Post by Guest Thu Oct 13 2011, 11:17

great tune that one

also i think playing sandro and parker away at newcastle is a good idea
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Oct 13 2011, 17:27

PMSL @ Lought... Mate your all excited about Pav scoring 1 against Andorra. The fekkers aint even scored a goal in qualifying groups let alone pick up a point, i think i could score at least 2 past' em. Then you pull VDV down for playing 90 mins and been on the wrong side of a 3-2 defeat to Sweeden in a group they've already won. Think its safe to say we've uncovered Loughts whipping boy for the remainder of the season!!!!

Post by Guest Fri Oct 14 2011, 00:00

he was not in there starting line up. he only started the last 2 games and they win both

vdv has 90 mins aganst sweden and does very little. in fact he took every corner and free kick. or should i say wasted lol

i dont remember engand beatin andora 6 0 lol

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10 2024, 20:32