The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Where Has Our Money Gone EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Where Has Our Money Gone Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
cstmrsking
MarkA249
6 posters

Where Has Our Money Gone

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Where Has Our Money Gone Empty Where Has Our Money Gone

Post by MarkA249 Tue Jun 28 2011, 17:47

The reason we arnt signing players is cause we need to sell first to free up funds according to ARRY codswallap. In January we were bidding 30 million pound plus for players now we are hard up dont mean Crouch in Spain either. We should have champions league money from last season tv revenue money and money for finishing 5th our wages arnt sky high as other clubs too so come on Arry pull your finger out
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Where Has Our Money Gone Empty Re: Where Has Our Money Gone

Post by cstmrsking Tue Jun 28 2011, 18:02

Mark, as you say, Codswallop! This is Levy doing what he always does. Over cautious. In My View.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 28 2011, 18:28

Guys, we are only allowed 25 players in the squad. At the moment we have over 30 players over the age of 21 that we are paying wages to. If we bring in further over 21's it means that we will have a number of players that are on the wage bill but are, basically, sitting on their hands doing nothing and earning upwards of 20 grand a week for it.

You have absolutely no idea where the money is, who we are bidding on, what stage we are at with the bidding, who we are selling, how much we are getting for them and when they are leaving.

Levy does.

Have some patience guys, all will be revealed when it is time.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Jun 28 2011, 19:14

THFC are not poor by any stretch of the imagination, some silly half witted know nothing scouser has put 2 & 2 together and come up with 5 , and then wrote in the liverpool ehco THFC are skint this is why they need to sell, absolute load of tosh.. we have to sell simply because like ion said we have the largest squad in the prem and we need to trim it down , i.e sell 5 or 6 bring in 1 or 2 , its called good business sense , weighing up and balancing the books..

Post by Guest Tue Jun 28 2011, 20:28

Time to off-load the "deadwood" at bargain basement prices then. If they want shot of Keane why did they turn down Blackburns £2M bid for him ? Ok they may come back with a bid of £3M but if Levy wants rid of then he has to accept that a lower price will get them off the payroll and put a bit into the transfer chest . . . . .
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jun 28 2011, 21:47

I make you right there Vis. Holding out for the highest price isn't always sound business sense, particularly if that obstinacy leaves us with an unwanted high wage earner.

Right now I'd take a cheeky smile for Keane if it got him off our books.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Jun 28 2011, 23:18

Since we were one of only 4 premiership clubs to make a profit last year, the skint rumour must be a load of rubbish. We have a strict wage structure and won't pay players over the odds which must leave us in a sound position when the football bubble bursts, which in my opinion is not too far off. I can see that we need to get a number of players of the wage bill before we can buy and again won't pay over the odds for new players all of which is sound business strategy. When you consider that several clubs have wage bills that exceed their turnover will the millionaire owners stand for that for much longer.

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29 2011, 06:03

yep just accept 2 mil for keane. we will save loads on wages. he cant be worth much more if we keep loaning him out

same as bentley we wont get 10 mill for him now.

nobody going to pay 12 mill for pav or crouch when they are 29 30
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Wed Jun 29 2011, 08:47

ionman34 wrote:I make you right there Vis. Holding out for the highest price isn't always sound business sense, particularly if that obstinacy leaves us with an unwanted high wage earner.

Right now I'd take a cheeky smile for Keane if it got him off our books.

Holding out for a price we are never going to get has so far delayed and possibly finished the sale of Palacious to Napoli.

The problem is that nobody seems to want our "deadwood" only our star players.

I read yesterday that we have offered 4 players including Keane, Jenas, Crouch and I believe Krancar for Cahill because we can't raise the cash or at least don't want to.

Mind you we did get 5 mil for O'Hara but then he is still a young guy where some of the others are around the 30 mark and not so easily to move on.

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29 2024, 02:48