The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crouch EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crouch EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crouch EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crouch EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crouch EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crouch EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crouch EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crouch Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Crouch

djfitzo
    International
    International

Crouch Empty Crouch

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:09

I know his an easy target and on Saturday he had the touch of a blacksmith in front of goal, but I feel Harrys hands were tied.
    With no VDV and an important final champs league game Tuesday and considering the opposition, Harry could only play Crouch and save Pav for Tuesday,its important we finish top of our group to avoid the likes of Barca and Real. Infact its only because Brum scored that he put Pav on at all.
    Personally, I cant wait until January when we can strengthen a little, but is there anyone that hasnt played in the Champs league that could come to us?
    Citeh will not sell any of their players to us, no matter what the papers say, even if it suited them in a swap deal, cos if any supporter got the whiff of Bale leaving, the gate would drop by half.

Crouch Empty Re: Crouch

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:14

Crouch was awful dj ! i see his input in some games and that was dire, he looked short of match fitness?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:19

lewspurs wrote:

Crouch was awful dj ! i see his input in some games and that was dire, he looked short of match fitness?
    I know Lew, but like I said Harrys short on numbers and unless Defoe plays, he wont get his sharpness back
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:24

crouch short of match fitness ? i doubt it hes not been out injured and he still trains like everyone else and he has been playing regular football.

I think the real problem is he needed to much time on the ball and had one to many touches, and its true what some of the pundits say, because of his size dicisions seem to go against him when its a 50 50 ball , i just thought he looked like a player under pressure to deliver
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:28

LOBO wrote:crouch short of match fitness ? i doubt it hes not been out injured and he still trains like everyone else and he has been playing regular football.

I think the real problem is he needed to much time on the ball and had one to many touches, and its true what some of the pundits say, because of his size dicisions seem to go against him when its a 50 50 ball , i just thought he looked like a player under pressure to deliver

Lobo, theres a whole difference to being fit and being match fit, you only get that by playing competetive games and Defoes only started one, but he will get there and once we have this last champs league game out of the way, we can really concentrate on the league and perhaps get him playing regular with Pav and like I said im sure Harrys saving him for Tuesday.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:29

djfitzo wrote:
    LOBO wrote:crouch short of match fitness ? i doubt it hes not been out injured and he still trains like everyone else and he has been playing regular football.

Lobo, theres a whole difference to being fit and being match fit, you only get that by playing competetive games and Defoes only started one, but he will get there and once we have this last champs league game out of the way, we can really concentrate on the league and perhaps get him playing regular with Pav and like I said im sure Harrys saving him for Tuesday.

Just realised Lobo, it came out wrong, im meant Defoe.

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:33

Have to explain that one correctly lob ! i used the words "looked short of match fitness " the main word here was "looked " because i was not saying he "is" short of match fitness.......he was just so slow to turn or do anything.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:42

djfitzo wrote:

Crouch is match fit, if that where the case what your saying is then Pav isnt match fit, he plays less than crouch, plus this was about defoe
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Dec 07 2010, 02:52

LOBO wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Crouch is match fit, if that where the case what your saying is then Pav isnt match fit, he plays less than crouch, plus this was about defoe

Really dont know whats happened here but here goes.
    Crouch is fit in all departments lol, but had a shocker touchwise on Saturday.
    I thought Harry played him because he should have been more suitable against the tall Brum defenders and wanted to keep Pav fresh for Twente to give us more chance to finish top
    Defoe is still finding his feet after his lay off and will get better

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 03:39

how the fk can crouch be unfit. he plays near enough everyone.

because he rested pav aganst werden and crouch done ok now pavs on the bench again even though pav played well aganst arsenal. no wonder the guy looks upset because its always him that gets dropped.

i new once defoe back pav would get pushed aside again .

our best results in the past year

spurs v arsenal 2 1 pav defoe
    spurs v chelsea 2 1 pav defoe
    goons 2 spurs 3 pav defoe
    man c 0 spurs 1 crouch defoe.
    pav is our top goalscorer in 2010 even though hes never had 90 minutes

maybe use crouch as a defender

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 03:56

Oh dear "oooooooops i,ve done it again " please please everybody, i wasnt saying crouch was or is unfit ! i was saying he didnt look match fit because he was so slow at turning toward a pass.

I have no doubts that he is fit, he plays enough doesnt he.... cannon

Post by Guest Tue Dec 07 2010, 04:39

why do people say hes good in the air. he can jump and get flick ons but he cant score with hes head. If i was a manager he would be a last ditch plan c. is robbie keane realy worse then crouch

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content