The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Striker hunt EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Striker hunt EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Striker hunt EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Striker hunt EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Striker hunt EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Striker hunt EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Striker hunt EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Striker hunt EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Striker hunt EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Striker hunt Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Striker hunt

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Striker hunt Empty Striker hunt

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 22:40

Are we going to sign a new striker or what ? does anybody know whats happening, cos again we seem to be a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to signing a decnt striker, i hope we don't leave it to the last bloody minute again , i know we are supposed to be looking at suarez, but is this really going to happen, or is arry settled on just feathering his England nest for the future, are we going to sign a striker this window, cos from where im sitting it looks like the club is dragging its heels again, i just hope harry dont come out and say ive had a look and nothing was happening ffs, this window has a ring of been here to many time a left it to late about it " ooops Rasiack !!

we are just to slow imo suarez should be are prioity not beckham.
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Striker hunt Empty Re: Striker hunt

Post by DJSR Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:04

I think Harry is looking Lobo's, window only been open 8 days, long way to go still.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:20

DJSR wrote:I think Harry is looking Lobo's, window only been open 8 days, long way to go still.

Yea i know that, but we need to strike now whislt the iron is hot, the prem restarts next weekend and ok defoe is back keane will be gone touch wood so we have to replace him quickly and not waste time , we do this every window and have on so many occassions messed it up, i mean look how long it took to find a decent left winger , we had countless oppertunities to buy someone but we never did and it effected our play for many seasons , i dont want adebayor his wage demand would be to high i cant see redkanpp being able to work with nor carroll because newcastle wont sell which leaves Suarez, his ducth club have already indicated they will sell him so whats the problem lets get him now , mark my words if we dont we will suffer come the buisness end of the season, we cant rely on our midfield to save us all the time, our strikers just havent done the buisness for us this season, the odd spectacular goal here and there dont make up for it, we need Suarez and we need him now not the 31st of january, remember we have UTD & Chelski games coming up and we need to be a threat , our stikers dont pose that ..

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:21

Tottenham will make an official approach for Ajax forward Luis Suarez next week as they set about completing the final part of their January recruitment jigsaw, Goal.com UK can reveal.
    Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has identified the World Cup star as his No.1 striker target after dropping his interest in Andy Carroll, and has authorised chairman Daniel Levy to open formal talks on a deal.

Spurs, whose interest in Suarez was first revealed by Goal.com UK last summer, have made an informal enquiry for the Uruguayan this week and have been told by Ajax that the player is available for €20 million (£16.8m).

This is regarded by club officials as a significant reduction on the £25m fee that Spurs were quoted for Suarez last summer, when the player was convinced to stay at Ajax by former manager Martin Jol.

Levy has long been in the market for a marquee striker and believes Suarez fits the bill as Spurs step up their push to qualify for the Champions League for the second consecutive season.

Spurs are set to open the bidding in the next few days although they could face late competition from Liverpool, who have also expressed tentative interest in the forward.

Redknapp was not initially convinced about Suarez but Tottenham chief scout Ian Bloomfield has assured the Spurs boss that the striker, who turns 24 this month, can aggressively lead the line in the mould of another south American, Carlos Tevez.

“Harry wants someone who can play up front alone and now thinks Suarez can do it,” a Tottenham source told Goal.com UK. “He is really quick, can score goals, hold the ball up, work hard, be busy and link up and play one-twos with [Rafael] Van der Vaart, [Luka] Modric and [Gareth] Bale. He is very aggressive and similar in many ways to Tevez.”

Suarez, who is in his fifth season in Holland after moving to Ajax from Groningen in 2007, has scored 110 goals in 154 games for the Dutch giants and followed up his 49-goal haul last season with another 13 in 23 matches in the current campaign.
    However, his relationship with the Ajax hierarchy has deteriorated this season and it is understood that he was unhappy that the club failed to appeal against his seven-match ban incurred by the Dutch Football Federation in late November for biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal.

Suarez’s domestic ban keeps him on the sidelines until February 4, so if Spurs can agree a deal with Ajax, it is likely that he has played his final game for the club.

Redknapp made an approach for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll earlier this week but, as Goal.com UK revealed on Thursday, Spurs have dropped their interest after being put off by the £25m asking price.

“Harry likes Carroll but wants to go down the footballing route rather than the bruising route,” added the source. “Suarez is more of an unknown quantity when it comes to the Premier League but he has an excellent track record and is a proven international over many years.

“With Jol gone, Ajax are now ready to cash in on him. They are saying to Spurs, ‘Give us €20m and he is yours’.”

Suarez could now be Spurs’ third significant addition of the transfer window. David Beckham is close to completing his loan switch from LA Galaxy and the Londoners are also confident of sealing a £2m January move for Everton midfielder Steven Piennar.

http://www.goal.com
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sat Jan 08 2011, 23:24

MAXIMUS wrote:Tottenham will make an official approach for Ajax forward Luis Suarez next week as they set about completing the final part of their January recruitment jigsaw, Goal.com UK can reveal.
    Spurs boss Harry Redknapp has identified the World Cup star as his No.1 striker target after dropping his interest in Andy Carroll, and has authorised chairman Daniel Levy to open formal talks on a deal.

Spurs, whose interest in Suarez was first revealed by Goal.com UK last summer, have made an informal enquiry for the Uruguayan this week and have been told by Ajax that the player is available for €20 million (£16.8m).

This is regarded by club officials as a significant reduction on the £25m fee that Spurs were quoted for Suarez last summer, when the player was convinced to stay at Ajax by former manager Martin Jol.

Levy has long been in the market for a marquee striker and believes Suarez fits the bill as Spurs step up their push to qualify for the Champions League for the second consecutive season.

Spurs are set to open the bidding in the next few days although they could face late competition from Liverpool, who have also expressed tentative interest in the forward.

Redknapp was not initially convinced about Suarez but Tottenham chief scout Ian Bloomfield has assured the Spurs boss that the striker, who turns 24 this month, can aggressively lead the line in the mould of another south American, Carlos Tevez.

“Harry wants someone who can play up front alone and now thinks Suarez can do it,” a Tottenham source told Goal.com UK. “He is really quick, can score goals, hold the ball up, work hard, be busy and link up and play one-twos with [Rafael] Van der Vaart, [Luka] Modric and [Gareth] Bale. He is very aggressive and similar in many ways to Tevez.”

Suarez, who is in his fifth season in Holland after moving to Ajax from Groningen in 2007, has scored 110 goals in 154 games for the Dutch giants and followed up his 49-goal haul last season with another 13 in 23 matches in the current campaign.
    However, his relationship with the Ajax hierarchy has deteriorated this season and it is understood that he was unhappy that the club failed to appeal against his seven-match ban incurred by the Dutch Football Federation in late November for biting PSV Eindhoven midfielder Otman Bakkal.

Suarez’s domestic ban keeps him on the sidelines until February 4, so if Spurs can agree a deal with Ajax, it is likely that he has played his final game for the club.

Redknapp made an approach for Newcastle striker Andy Carroll earlier this week but, as Goal.com UK revealed on Thursday, Spurs have dropped their interest after being put off by the £25m asking price.

“Harry likes Carroll but wants to go down the footballing route rather than the bruising route,” added the source. “Suarez is more of an unknown quantity when it comes to the Premier League but he has an excellent track record and is a proven international over many years.

“With Jol gone, Ajax are now ready to cash in on him. They are saying to Spurs, ‘Give us €20m and he is yours’.”

Suarez could now be Spurs’ third significant addition of the transfer window. David Beckham is close to completing his loan switch from LA Galaxy and the Londoners are also confident of sealing a £2m January move for Everton midfielder Steven Piennar.

http://www.goal.com

Tottenham will make an approach lmao , i thought we already had, feck sakes this proves my point exactly to fecking slow to many rumours, im now waiting for harry to come out to dismise this and say we've taken Roger Miller on loan to the end of the season

I can't believe Redknapp actually went for Carroll feck sakes what has he done ? a cameo when in england were desperate, he scored hate full in the championship which most of you regard as no nothing league, hes scored 8 goals in the prem, wtf feck are doing chasing this fella for his dont have the vital ingridence which is Pedigree , suarez would pi-ss all over him, i have to say if rumours are true i sometimes worry about redknapp targets
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Jan 09 2011, 00:14

I don't think Carroll is such a crazy target TBH. He'd thrive on the crossing we put in. How many times has Crouch had a ball put on a plate, or his head, only for him to not take advantage?

Carroll would be powering those types of crosses into the back of the net.

What is crazy is the 25 mill asking price.

If we're going to pay 25 mill then put it out there for Torres FFS.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jan 09 2011, 02:42

ionman34 wrote:
    I don't think Carroll is such a crazy target TBH. He'd thrive on the crossing we put in. How many times has Crouch had a ball put on a plate, or his head, only for him to not take advantage?

Carroll would be powering those types of crosses into the back of the net.

What is crazy is the 25 mill asking price.

If we're going to pay 25 mill then put it out there for Torres FFS.

Thats easy to say , but hes not doing it for newcastle atm hes hit a dry patch, plus they wont sell anyway i think its a waste of time, hes like the new kid on the block the new toy everybody wants whether its crap or not, he don't have alround ability imo like suarez has who has had experience at the highest level his penalty taking alone is worth 17mill , still not worth talking about the bin man carroll its never going to happen suarez is possible but now liverpool are interered

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 03:08

hes not played the last few games. hes last game he scored. hes got 11 prem goals. if thats a dry patch then defoe and crouch are on a a drought lol i would love carrol he, hes strong has pace and can head and can shoot
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 09 2011, 06:01

All strikers have a bad patch. I think Carroll would be a decent addition.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 06:35

suarz scored 2 goals today

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 06:43

Loughtonlegend wrote:suarz scored 2 goals today

woo hoo

But not in a spurs shirt, i hope harry is holding on for Torres!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Jan 09 2011, 07:06

Loughtonlegend wrote:hes not played the last few games. hes last game he scored. hes got 11 prem goals. if thats a dry patch then defoe and crouch are on a a drought lol i would love carrol he, hes strong has pace and can head and can shoot

OMG your a Carroll singer , don't rate him a top 4 player myself, hes only been in the lime 6 months ..not proved anything

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 07:49

theres no way in hell that liverpool will sell torres now kennys in charge.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 08:12

I dare say that you are right there lought, but To dare is to do!!
    i,d much prefer Torres to Luis Suarez.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 09 2011, 08:14

PS. Torres has said he wants out of the bin divers slum hole!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08 2024, 15:37