The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
djfitzo
Boltjean
7 posters

harry

harry Empty harry

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 03:32

Harry Redknapp - I almost quite Spurs for the United Arab Emirates

Harry Redknapp has revealed he was ready to walk away from Tottenham last season despite the lure of Champions League football - for the comfort and warmth of the United Arab Emirates.

The Spurs boss was offered a job by Dubai club Al-Ahli and Redknapp admits he was interested in leaving England for the challenge.

He has just returned from a warm-weather training camp in Dubai where the players trained at ‘The Sevens’ Stadium and the Al-Rashid Stadium, home of Al-Ahli FC.
    And Redknapp told the Tottenham website: 'There was an offer and I was intrigued. I love coming here [to Dubai]. It’s a great way of life; it’s safe, no trouble, you can do things, you can go out in the open. I was interested.'

However, he decided to stay in the cold of England and guided Spurs to a top four slot and now they stand on the verge of a place in the quarter-finals of the Champions League after a first-leg 1-0 win at Milan in the last 16.

Read more: Harry Redknapp: I almost quit Spurs last season when a Dubai club offered me a job | Mail Online
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

harry Empty Re: harry

Post by Boltjean Sat Mar 05 2011, 05:53

I read this Lought and in all honesty, and I know I will upset quite a few people here, but if Harry is going to go I hope it will be sooner rather than later. Yes he is a very good manager but the way he put himself in the shop window for the England job and now this proves to me although he is doing a great job his head could be turned quickly should the right offer come along. I know I go on about the past but I want a manager like Bill Nicholson, who is Spurs through and through and want's to be with us long term and not use us like some player's have as a stepping stone to a bigger club, and that is why if Harry is going to be the England manager in 2012 I hope he goes the end of this season so we have the time to bring someone in before the start of the 2011-12 season, no good him leaving half way through the season and leaving us fighting to find a replacement, but I do hope that he has a change of heart and stay's, I can not see it though I think he will be the next England manager.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 06:26

yep why cant he keep hes mouth shut. why of all places would you say you was tempted to go to bloody dubia. and why organise a trip there, is he checking the place out for the future.

i would love to see lobo views on this
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Mar 05 2011, 06:34

So, if he does go, who then, cos as sure as eggs is eggs, the special one wont be coming to Spurs.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 05 2011, 07:36

Moyes keeps getting mentioned.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 07:52

moyes lol no way, every season for past 3 season hes team been in the relegation zone at xmas only for them to turn it around after xmas.

this year proving harder though.

and why wouldnt jose come here after he leaves real madrid in the summer.

only man c would be our rivals in trying to get him from the prem teams
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 05 2011, 09:53

The problem with Moyes is he has never had a lot of money to spend.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 10:04

yea thats true. i want our next manager not to be a nice guy. sumone who hates losing to fergie and the rest

although own coyel doing a good job at bolton
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Mar 05 2011, 10:23

I like Owen Coyle he reminds me of an old type manager who likes the ball played on the floor.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 05 2011, 20:19

BazSpur wrote:I like Owen Coyle he reminds me of an old type manager who likes the ball played on the floor.

Owen coyle for me too baz ! done a lot at his clubs with little cash to spend...mark of a good manager, getting the best out of his players.

Moyes ! no thanks because his everton team is far too inconsistent for me.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:06

Mouriniho could leave Spain this summer for the safty of him self and his family after he was lunged at by a knife wielding maniac in which his body guard was stabbed in the fracas. The incident happened at a Spanish airport!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Mar 05 2011, 22:57

I reckon you lot all need your bumps felt!

Harry says he was intrigued by an offer, big f*cking deal! I would be too if the state of Dubai offered me a job, it's a fantastic place and you can bet your lives that they offered him a shitload of cash to take the job.

But he didn't did he, he's still at Spurs.

What is wrong with you lot? He demonstrates loyalty by staying, is honest when asked a question and never once stated that he was tempted to leave, he only said he was 'intrigued.'

Look the word up FFS! Maybe then you'll quit over reacting to everything the poor bloke says.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:44

FFs ion ! this is old news, it was in the papers during the close season (last july) and forgotten about, who,s having a go ? whose bumps need feeling,,,,,,go and have a rest ion, cant believe you are jumping on people again like you did in the old days.

If england come calling harry will go and we will be looking for a new manager, baz rates coyle and so do i, others want mourinho etc etc.

No big deal, no one has knocked harry for disloyalty.

Now if wenger went and harry was offered the job and took it............... lol! then he would be a scum bag.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 06 2011, 01:59

[quote="lewspurs"]

FFs ion ! this is old news, it was in the papers during the close season (last july) and forgotten about, who,s having a go ? whose bumps need feeling,,,,,,go and have a rest ion, cant believe you are jumping on people again like you did in the old days.

If england come calling harry will go and we will be looking for a new manager, baz rates coyle and so do i, others want mourinho etc etc.

Harry Redknapp has revealed he was ready to walk away from Tottenham last season despite the lure of Champions League football - for the comfort and warmth of the United Arab Emirates.

The Spurs boss was offered a job by Dubai club Al-Ahli and Redknapp admits he was interested in leaving England for the challenge.

He has just returned from a warm-weather training camp in Dubai where the players trained at ‘The Sevens’ Stadium and the Al-Rashid Stadium, home of Al-Ahli FC.
    And Redknapp told the Tottenham website: 'There was an offer and I was intrigued. I love coming here [to Dubai]. It’s a great way of life; it’s safe, no trouble, you can do things, you can go out in the open. I was interested.'

[b]This was what was put up and all I see is you lot giving it 'When England comes calling he'll be off' and other tripe like this. Every time he answers a question with 'I was intrigued' or 'It would be an honour to manage England', you lot start jumping up and down about disloyalty and how he should keep his mouth shut.

Why FFS!?

What exactly has he said that is so wrong because all I've read is a man answering a question honestly without committing himself.

And get off your high horse Lew. You start out by saying that if England come calling he'll be off then in the next breath turn around and say that no one is accusing him of disloyalty.

CUCKOO!!b]

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 05:22

[quote="ionman34"]
    lewspurs wrote:

[b]This was what was put up and all I see is you lot giving it 'When England comes calling he'll be off' and other tripe like this. Every time he answers a question with 'I was intrigued' or 'It would be an honour to manage England', you lot start jumping up and down about disloyalty and how he should keep his mouth shut.

Why FFS!?

What exactly has he said that is so wrong because all I've read is a man answering a question honestly without committing himself.

And get off your high horse Lew. You start out by saying that if England come calling he'll be off then in the next breath turn around and say that no one is accusing him of disloyalty.

CUCKOO!!b]

LOL ! ion you really make me laugh ! because at 64 0r 65 ? whatever age harry is that no one would deny him his chance of managing england, he has always stated he would love the job, that in my book isnt disloyalty at all, its realising a dream that he wants to finish his managerial life by doing what used to be regarded as the pinnacle of a managers career.

Sorry about the high horse ! its being tall in the saddle you know, i need a high horse, not as high as crouch would need but not far off it. Cool
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 05:32

Im with Boltjean on this ...We have to look at it, from whats in Spurs best intrest... Im thinking end of this season we cant have a manager who may well be going to take the England job the following summer as Levy must have a longer term commitment from the manager than that as far as Im concerned ...Having a manager at the club , who everyone knows is most likely in his final season at the club is not where I want to see Spurs at ...

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:10

ArnieArdiles wrote:Im with Boltjean on this ...We have to look at it, from whats in Spurs best intrest... Im thinking end of this season we cant have a manager who may well be going to take the England job the following summer as Levy must have a longer term commitment from the manager than that as far as Im concerned ...Having a manager at the club , who everyone knows is most likely in his final season at the club is not where I want to see Spurs at ...

Totally agree arnie ! harry has stated he would take the england managers job quite a few times, the problem is do the bigwigs want him?

Thats the quandary in my opinion ? if they want him then i reckon 2011/2012 will be harrys last season for us.

I have to say if the outcome is that he takes the job then i would say " thanks for what you have done at spurs harry" shaken up the top 4, given us cl footie for the first time and "good luck with the england job"

Yes as spurs fans we need to look to the future, a few names have been bandied about because some of us see the writing on the wall and are not looking through a glass darkly.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:17

lets be honest hes never showin any loyalty at any club hes been in charged off. he would leave spurs for arsenal man u or any club he thinks is bigger.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:22

Loughtonlegend wrote:lets be honest hes never showin any loyalty at any club hes been in charged off. he would leave spurs for arsenal man u or any club he thinks is bigger.

Thats a big statement lought and highly debatable.
    If its all about money with harry then surely he would have p*ssed off to saudi.

As for a club that is bigger, who knows ? not us, so you cant condemn him for something that hasnt happened can you ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:23

I wouldnt blame Harry for wanting the England job if that's been his dream , Lew, thou I think he would do better staying with us ....
    I'd like him to come out with saying he's not intrested in the England job and that at his age, Tottenham is where he wants to finish his career ... If he's thinking of pastures new then I feel we should reconsider our position in the summer .... Think his contract is until 2013 so I dont see a bumper compensation package from the FA heading our way...

Shake his hand as you say , thanks and good luck ....

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:25

so he would only take the england job then lew. either you think harry will be loyal to us or you dont.

dont change your views because ion pulled you up on your post

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:27

ArnieArdiles wrote:I wouldnt blame Harry for wanting the England job if that's been his dream , Lew, thou I think he would do better staying with us ....
    I'd like him to come out with saying he's not intrested in the England job and that at his age, Tottenham is where he wants to finish his career ... If he's thinking of pastures new then I feel we should reconsider our position in the summer .... Think his contract is until 2013 so I dont see a bumper compensation package from the FA heading our way...

Shake his hand as you say , thanks and good luck ....

i definately want him to stay arnie, and if he would come out and say he will end his career at spurs then we can all get on with a settled team and settled manager.

I have actually seen him interviewed saying that he would be interested in being england manager, so i think thats what will happen if they want him? they might not after this tax evasion thing but who knows?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:29

i couldnt think of a person i would want to manage england then harry.

rooney would be aloud to keep playin every game even though hes been poor for england since before the world cup. players like beckham terry ect would be still in the sqaud instead of the clearout we was promised and bringin on the new blood ready for euro2010
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:32

If Harry gets the England job Lought it will be about the World Cup in Brazil 2014 ....

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:34

Loughtonlegend wrote:so he would only take the england job then lew. either you think harry will be loyal to us or you dont.

dont change your views because ion pulled you up on your post

I am not changing my views and ion hasnt pulled me up on any post, he has made a mountain out of a molehill....and he knows it.

How can harry be disloyal to spurs ffs ? i have heard him say in interviews that he is interested in the england job, he has been up front as far as i am concerned from day one.

I believe he will only take the england job if it were offered, is that plain a view as i can give on this subject.

At his age i personally wouldnt deny him his shot at the international scene....would you ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 00:19