The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
harry - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
harry - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
harry - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
harry - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

harry - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
djfitzo
Boltjean
7 posters

harry

harry - Page 2 Empty Re: harry

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:38

im sure ion said all that in hes post.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:40

lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:I wouldnt blame Harry for wanting the England job if that's been his dream , Lew, thou I think he would do better staying with us ....
    I'd like him to come out with saying he's not intrested in the England job and that at his age, Tottenham is where he wants to finish his career ... If he's thinking of pastures new then I feel we should reconsider our position in the summer .... Think his contract is until 2013 so I dont see a bumper compensation package from the FA heading our way...

Shake his hand as you say , thanks and good luck ....

i definately want him to stay arnie, and if he would come out and say he will end his career at spurs then we can all get on with a settled team and settled manager.

I have actually seen him interviewed saying that he would be interested in being england manager, so i think thats what will happen if they want him? they might not after this tax evasion thing but who knows?

I dont see him getting done for the tax evasion..I think it will be settled with Harry coming out of it okay ....
    Then the FA will offer him the Brazil 2014 World Cup after Capello with the only other option being Stuart Pearce ? Shocked ..

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:im sure ion said all that in hes post.

Then he,s misread mine hasnt he ? if ion and myself are posting the same view then someone somewhere has misunderstood someone.

If you want ion to take the argument up for you lought then let him do so, dont go saying he has pulled me up because you cant answer for yourself.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:54

i said my views just like you did. now your back tracking like you do when people on here dont agree with you.

i think harry is all about harry and looks out for number one and would walk if man u are sumone bigger then us comes along.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:56

Lets get this straight before i get the usual rhetoric from ionman because there seems some confusion in what i am saying here. mad

If harry gets the england job i (personally) wouldnt call that disloyal, i would actually call it the realisation of a dream for a man who is nearing retirement age, and good luck to him and thank you harry.

But its all fcking conjecture anyway even though i have heard harry say " i would be interested in the england job " and added " who wouldnt be " ?

end of this in my opinion.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 07:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:i said my views just like you did. now your back tracking like you do when people on here dont agree with you.

i think harry is all about harry and looks out for number one and would walk if man u are sumone bigger then us comes along.

Its all on here for you to read lought ! dont take my word for it read the fcking posts i have sent on this subject.

I havent backtracked at all, point out the bits where i have back tracked, or are you going to ignore a factual request as you usually do, and start off on another tangent.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Mar 06 2011, 08:05

even levy said he would let harry go for the england job if hes offered it as it is the pinacle of any managers career.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 08:06

lewspurs wrote:

FFs ion ! this is old news, it was in the papers during the close season (last july) and forgotten about, who,s having a go ? whose bumps need feeling,,,,,,go and have a rest ion, cant believe you are jumping on people again like you did in the old days.

If england come calling harry will go and we will be looking for a new manager, baz rates coyle and so do i, others want mourinho etc etc.

No big deal, no one has knocked harry for disloyalty.

Now if wenger went and harry was offered the job and took it............... lol! then he would be a scum bag.

Here you go lought ! have a read, where have i backtracked?, i said harry wouldnt be disloyal by taking the england managers job in my own opinion.

I have repeated this view over and over again..ffs mad

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 08:09

lewspurs wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

FFs ion ! this is old news, it was in the papers during the close season (last july) and forgotten about, who,s having a go ? whose bumps need feeling,,,,,,go and have a rest ion, cant believe you are jumping on people again like you did in the old days.

If england come calling harry will go and we will be looking for a new manager, baz rates coyle and so do i, others want mourinho etc etc.

No big deal, no one has knocked harry for disloyalty.

Now if wenger went and harry was offered the job and took it............... lol! then he would be a scum bag.

Here you go lought ! have a read, where have i backtracked?, i said harry wouldnt be disloyal by taking the england managers job in my own opinion.

I have repeated this view over and over again..ffs mad

I was in fact referring to the saudi offer as being old news from last july in case this needs clarifying. Very Happy

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 08:25

no need to swear. i heard harry say loads of times that he would take the england job. hes old school . being manage of england 20 years ago would of been massive. now anyone seeems to get the job. and the best managers in the world your ferguson wengers jose wouldnt touch the england job
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Mar 06 2011, 09:47

yeah but those 3 you mentioned are not english , harry is and wouldnt it be refreshing to see a man in the job doing it for pride and passion for the country instead of a foreigner only in it for the money. harry dont need the money.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 18:12

Loughtonlegend wrote:no need to swear. i heard harry say loads of times that he would take the england job. hes old school . being manage of england 20 years ago would of been massive. now anyone seeems to get the job. and the best managers in the world your ferguson wengers jose wouldnt touch the england job

I swore because i didnt know what your point about backtracking was all about so i dredged the original post up.

I had a go back at ion because he was saying that we were accusing harry of disloyalty, all because of innocent statements made by him about saudi.

How can he be disloyal when he is still at spurs after probably turning down a massive offer from the arabs.

As for the england job, if he takes it, if it is offered then personally i would understand why.

Thats my last word on the subject lought, i havent backtracked because of ion or anyone else.

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06 2011, 22:56

ionman34 wrote:
    I reckon you lot all need your bumps felt!

Harry says he was intrigued by an offer, big f*cking deal! I would be too if the state of Dubai offered me a job, it's a fantastic place and you can bet your lives that they offered him a shitload of cash to take the job.

But he didn't did he, he's still at Spurs.

What is wrong with you lot? He demonstrates loyalty by staying, is honest when asked a question and never once stated that he was tempted to leave, he only said he was 'intrigued.'

Look the word up FFS! Maybe then you'll quit over reacting to everything the poor bloke says.

So says the man who was the last one on here to cotton onto berbatovs intentions and lambasted everyone for having an opinion of the situation at the time.......... lol!

Listen ion ! no one is saying harry will go to this or that club, the idea of him leaving to manage on the international scene has come about from harry,s own comments that (quote) "i would be interested in the england job"

From the horses mouth ion and you can argue about that until the end of the world if you like.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Mar 06 2011, 23:35

lewspurs wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:
    I reckon you lot all need your bumps felt!

Harry says he was intrigued by an offer, big f*cking deal! I would be too if the state of Dubai offered me a job, it's a fantastic place and you can bet your lives that they offered him a shitload of cash to take the job.

But he didn't did he, he's still at Spurs.

What is wrong with you lot? He demonstrates loyalty by staying, is honest when asked a question and never once stated that he was tempted to leave, he only said he was 'intrigued.'

Look the word up FFS! Maybe then you'll quit over reacting to everything the poor bloke says.

So says the man who was the last one on here to cotton onto berbatovs intentions and lambasted everyone for having an opinion of the situation at the time.......... lol!

That's sad really. You feel that threatened in the argument, that you have to make the attempt to belittle with the one and only instance of misjudgement I've made on a player in the 7 or 8 years I've been posting?

Conclusive proof that you lack any class whatsoever.

Listen ion ! no one is saying harry will go to this or that club, the idea of him leaving to manage on the international scene has come about from harry,s own comments that (quote) "i would be interested in the england job"

So Harry saying he is interested equates to him leaving as soon as the offer is made, according to you. At least that is exactly what you're saying in the above quote.

Pray tell how by stating this you are endorsing the lyoalty of one Monsieur Redknapp?

Really, I'm truly 'intrigued' here.

From the horses mouth ion and you can argue about that until the end of the world if you like.

You know what? Many was the time I could have shown you up for the bleating and whining you did when a few rep points were removed, but I didn't. All the dumb calls you've made on players, I believe Modric was one of them in his early days and Ekotto too wasn't it? Could have shown you up for those too couldn't I?

I didn't though.

I get some bad press on here, some of which I deserve admittedly. But not once, EVER, have I gone after humiliating a poster unless he/she has first tried that game with me.

I'll not ask for an apology but I'll expect one.

Fair warning Lew, you want the gloves off then let's go. You want to draw a line under this then I'll accept your apology and move on.

Ball's in your court.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 00:57

You are doing it again ion ! you misjudged the berbatov situation and now you are doing exactly the same thing about harry redknapp.

Listen ! you can give me fair warning on whatever you want sunshine, do what you must as i am sure you will, but dont ever misjudge my intelligence like you have on the definition of argument, do you honestly believe i dont know the connotations of the word ? if you honestly believe that and you have highlighted it in your return posts enough times then you have seriously misjudged me as much as you have berbatov and probably redknapps england manager potential.

You couldnt accept people views on the berbatov situation, and now you dont believe harry will become england manager if it is offered him.

Take the blinkers off ion, theres reality out there mate.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Mar 07 2011, 07:29

[quote="lewspurs"]

You are doing it again ion ! you misjudged the berbatov situation and now you are doing exactly the same thing about harry redknapp.

That remains to be seen. You. however, have judged and sentenced him all on a supposition based on an answer where he stated he would be 'interested.'

An interest does not equate to him jumping ship. To suggest otherwise questions his loyalty.

Listen ! you can give me fair warning on whatever you want sunshine, do what you must as i am sure you will,

I do as I please, within reason, not what I 'must' on here.

but dont ever misjudge my intelligence like you have on the definition of argument, do you honestly believe i dont know the connotations of the word ?

Absofarginglutely! You have proven that beyond a shadow of a doubt and now you're scrambling to save face.

Laughable.

But then laughing at you is a common occurence on here hey?

if you honestly believe that and you have highlighted it in your return posts enough times then you have seriously misjudged me as much as you have berbatov and probably redknapps england manager potential.

No, I've judged you bang on actually.

Of that I have no doubt.

You couldnt accept people views on the berbatov situation, and now you dont believe harry will become england manager if it is offered him

Now where have I said that Einstein?

You see, I've not stated he'll stay or leave, all of that has been carried out by you. If you managed to get away from your 'look at me, look at me I'm going toe to toe with Ion' fixation you'd have seen that.

Berbatov I freely admit I misjudged. He was the first and the last. Harry I haven't said anything other than you need your bumps felt because you jump on him every time he says the words 'interested' or 'intrigued'. Your willingness to believe the worst of him or anyone else associated with Spurs, once the 'meeja' put it in a paper, beggars belief.

And of course, as I mentioned before, you are such a smoking hot judge of anyone as evidenced by your assessments of Ekotto and Modric.

You haven't answered that one yet brains.

There's a wonder.

Take the blinkers off ion, theres reality out there mate.

LMAO! The only reality for you comes in a red top, all else is illusion.

crystalball

There's another one of them smilies for you .................. Seeing as I need all the help I can get and all.

lmao lmao lmao

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 17:59

Well if thats the gloves off then i am quivering with fear from the monotonous and unimaginative and very predictable ionman, (yes he of the fast brain ) the last one on here to realise berbatov,s intentions all those years ago, yes even though every other person on here realised what was going on, old cement head ion was busy cussing and swearing at people who guessed the truth but how dare they come on here and air their views without getting an ion bashing.

Now how dare the same people suppose harry could be england manager one day, how dare you ? ions imagination doesnt work like normal peoples, it waits till it actually happens, like the berbatov situation.

To answer a couple of your questions ion , i wouldnt go touting ekotto,s name as an example , he,s been slagged off on the board many times, and an honest opinion of the bloke is that he can be outstanding, or he can be crap.

Modric is a fine player, i usually reserve my opinions on players until i see them play enough times, if i did say i didnt rate him then i was wrong and accept the criticism for that.

Would you like me to do a rating on all our players ion ? because you seem to be chewing the cud and going over and over the same old things, you obviously need new material to work on.

I can help you if you want ! let me know old fellow.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 19:00

Hello all posters..i want to bring to your attention the ION SYNDROME...........

Beware of it because it strikes the unwary (ionman) is a good example, and thats why it was named after the so afflicted.

It consists of lack of imagination , a good example was the fact that many saw the writing on the wall for berbatovs spurs future, poor old afflicted ionman, just didnt get it.

Another sign is anger, directed at those people that have the foresight to see things as they are, once again poor old stumbling ionman can only vent his spleen at people better equipped in the upper echelon area where he is sadly bereft.

Lastly.....stubborness, even though he was made a mug by the berbatov situation, he now doesnt believe harry will someday be england manager even though the bloke has said he would like the job if it was offered.

If you have any of these symptoms please dont contact ion ! he,s too busy writing in blue and thinking up new insults....we love him really, just dont take him too seriously, from the way he writes i think he has the same opinion of himself.

Gud day blu !
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Mar 07 2011, 21:16

Cue the plethora of posts all on the same subject .................

Me!

I see it didn't take long for the insults to start rolling out Lew.

Very imaginative of you.

Fill your boots sad little man, I'll just continue as before.

Laughing at you.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 21:35

[quote="ionman34")

You see, I've not stated he'll stay or leave, all of that has been carried out by you. If you managed to get away from your 'look at me, look at me I'm going toe to toe with Ion' fixation you'd have seen that.

Berbatov I freely admit I misjudged. He was the first and the last. Harry I haven't said anything other than you need your bumps felt because you jump on him every time he says the words 'interested' or 'intrigued'. Your willingness to believe the worst of him or anyone else associated with Spurs, once the 'meeja' put it in a paper, beggars belief.

I,ve taken out all the drivel written by this most acid tongues of posters to pick on something that he has written that is so far removed from the truth that i ask other posters reading this to check back on what was actually said by myself.

Because you jump on him (harry) blah blah blah fcking blah...

Ion, you jumped on the originater of this thread mate, and i got involved by replying that nobody was accusing harry of jumping ship, least of all myself, i added that if he was to become england manager i personally wouldnt begrudge harry his moment on the international scene, theres a big difference in what you are claiming i said and what was actually written, i havent jumped on harry and you know it but you like to twist things up to fit into your little fantasy world.

A fixation of going toe to toe with you,? Sleep i would go toe to toe with anyone who replies in the manner you do in order to achieve a (rip up) as you so fondly put it.

Theres conflab, banter and rip ups, your comments dont come into any of those categories, they come under the bracket, "let me make a bigger fool of this bloke more than i am myself", you havent even read what i have commented in the earlier posts, you have just gone into old ionman attack mode for which you were warned by baz about after you ripped into cressman, and nobody apologised to you at all, they just didnt want to lose you as a poster and backed down, but enough was said to warn you and you mellowed for a while, guess what though old fellow, i was one who didnt believe that toned down ion would last long, you see you are really that predictable.

You can have the last word ion ! thats your aim and who am i to deny you your little bit of glory, i am bowing out of this in respect for baz,s forum, and for those who help run it, i am sure they dont like to read two members having a go in this manner.

Oh by the way old man ! enjoy taking this apart and putting in your little quips , i wouldnt have that amount of time on my hands , but if it so important to you then little minds etc etc etc.

Gud day sport.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07 2011, 21:40

ionman34 wrote:
    Cue the plethora of posts all on the same subject .................

Me!

I see it didn't take long for the insults to start rolling out Lew.

Very imaginative of you.

Fill your boots sad little man, I'll just continue as before.

Laughing at you.

and of course calling someone einstein in the way you intended isnt an insult.?

as i said ion one rule for you and one for me.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 08 2011, 04:43

Let's see if we can sort this out without going round and round in circles tearing strips of each other ?

IMHO , I think this is an important question that needs to be faced head on by Levy and the THFC Board ..

But here on the Bill Nick Forum ( BNF) we are not the THFC board members however to debate the matter on a boardroom level is perhaps the best way for us all ?

The best way for us to do this is to imagine ourselves on the Spurs board alongside Levy and think in the best intrests of the club rather than see every other BNF thread as an opportunity to put another poster in his place ....? ...

For me it's simple . Ive already stated I dont want to see our club in a situation where the manager is most likely in his final season as I think it may well weakens us , with current players maybe taking their foot off the gas . Also in the transfer market , potential targets may well be hesitant putting pen to paper knowing the manager they're signing for , could well be in his final season ... To sign for one manager and then another soon takes over is a risk many players do not want to make ..
    So, this summer I feel we have to ask ourselves our options and then put them forward.

1) . Put a new improved contract offer to Harry and he states THFC is where he wants to be ..

2) . Stay with Harry despite the real possibility he will take the England job the following summer, meanwhile sound out a successor, just dont get caught ala Ramos .

3). Replace him this summer if a top manager can be got in to start with us next season ..

4) Do nothing , bide our time and await the FA's decision on the new England manager , then go from there.

If there are other options I've missed , l'm more than happy to hear them ...
    Myself personaly, I'd be more than very happy if the number one option is the route we all go down in but this needs commitment from, Harry and Im not sure he wants to give it, that is not until the summer of 2012 ... He's playing it for what's best for Harry, but for us surely this must about what is the best for Tottenham Hotspur? ... I expect the Board to confront this situation head on in the summer and to follow one of the first three options .. To not do and go instead for option four , IMO is a dereliction of their duty...
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 08 2011, 05:07

Well thought out Arnie. Repped.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 08 2011, 05:20

Cheers Baz ...

I just think if the England job wasnt an issue we'd be offering Harry a new contract this summer as his present one expires in 2013 ... IMO we will need clarity on the situation.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Tue Mar 08 2011, 05:42

I have give you a rep point Arnie for a well thought out post. I said in my post that if Harry is going to be the next England manager in 2012, and I believe we are all saying if, then we should start looking for a manager in the Summer, better to be prepared than to have it sprung on us mid season, nothing wrong with that imo. You did say potential transfer targets may be hesitant putting pen to paper, what worries me is if Harry does not make clear his intentions it could unsettle the players we have, should he stay we might be able to hang on to the likes of Bale, Modric, VDV, etc, should he go, well it does not bare thinking about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 20:16