The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
BazSpur
6 posters

Modric.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Modric. Empty Modric.

Post by BazSpur Sun May 29 2011, 23:09

Luka Modric's wages conflict with Spurs alerts Man United and Chelsea

Luka Modric may look to leave Spurs during the transfer window in search of a huge pay rise from Manchester United or Chelsea.

The Croatian midfielder enjoyed a fine season for Tottenham and United boss Sir
    Alex Ferguson and Chelsea owner
    Roman Abramovich are both known to be keen to sign him this summer.
    Modric. 800560905_14019492-596x362-1306652839564_304x185_inline
    Luka Modric could more than double his wages with a move (PA)

Modric has stated he is happy to stay at White Hart Lane,
    despite Spurs' failure to qualify for the Champions League, but details
    of his current salary package have now emerged.The 25-year-old is reported to be paid £45,000 a week, while out-of-favour Tottenham striker
    Robbie Keane picks up £65,000.Moving
    to Manchester United or Chelsea would see Modric handed a deal worth
    more than £100,000 a week, as well as allowing the ambitious midfielder
    to play Champions League football.A source told a Sunday newspaper that the former Dinamo Zagreb star is ready to consider a transfer.'Luka
    has enjoyed his time at Spurs but he has had a taste of Champions
    League football and he wants more of it,' the insider said.'There
    are no guarantees Tottenham will qualify on a regular basis and he
    would listen to offers from any club that can offer those guarantees.'Should Modric confirm he is interested in a move, Manchester City are also likely to join the race for his signature.

LMAO Didn't Modders sign an extended contract putting him on wages of 70000 a week. This is Total Bollox.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Modric. Empty Re: Modric.

Post by LOBO Mon May 30 2011, 00:12

I thought the same Baz ..
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Mon May 30 2011, 01:35

I suppose we have got all this c--p now untill the start of the new season, we have had it with Harry for all most this season, I blame Harry for not comeing clean about his future plan's, I do not think it helped our season all this speculation about the England post, and now Chelsea are reported to want him as their manager, but what does worry me is, should he go to Chelsea will he encourage them to bid for Modric and Bale after all he did not care about bringing players from Portsmouth to Spurs after he arrived, and the damage it did to there club. Anyway, I believe Modric and Bale will be tempted by the big clubs either here or abroad and it does not matter what contract they have or what money they earn, if Levy can get quite a few million for these two, and by that I mean 60 to 70 million, I think he could be tempted. Next season will be the 2011-12 season, em, 2012, 100 years since the Titanic sank, will our captain Harry jump ship for the England or Chelsea post, will he be thinking of number one, will he take a couple of crew members with him in a nearly empty lifeboat and leave the good ship Tottenham Hotspur to sink. To be continued.

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 05:49

Here we go again folks..........its rumour time, and all spurs players are unhappy, leaving in droves.... jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 30 2011, 06:03

lewspurs wrote:

Here we go again folks..........its rumour time, and all spurs players are unhappy, leaving in droves.... jocolor lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Yep, it's the silly season again Lew.

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 06:16

No different to rumours of 'arry leaving really . . . . . .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 30 2011, 06:40

I have always felt that Modric would go even if we had qualified for CL.Especially as he was quoted in a Croation paper as saying "I am happy at Spurs but if a big club in the CL came after me I would have to seriously consider it."

I do think Bale will stay....at least I hope he does...He's young and has plenty of time to move on later if he wishes and he has nothing to lose to stay longer at Spurs and hope we move up to regular top 4 and what goes with it.

I don't want to lose either of them but to me Modric would be a bigger loss than any other player.

Mikey M

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 30 2011, 07:21

Im pretty confident our big name players in their own minds are willing to stay for one more season at least and see how it goes....

Im more worried about the intentions of ENIC& Levy should they get massive bids for them ...

We would be mad to sell any of our best players to any of the teams in the premeirship ..
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 30 2011, 18:34

Why is it we (Spurs/Levy ) don't mind selling to the top prem sides but they refuse to sell to us. It does make me mad and makes me wonder of what the clubs real intentions are at times.
    There are always enough foreign sides interested in our top players so if we are going to sell.....and I don't know why we should.....then send them abroad where they can't do us any harm.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 30 2011, 21:13

Christ on a Bike guys! This is exactly what the press loves to do, stir up Spurs fans. They know that they only have to speculate and you all will carry on like the player has been sold.

It amazes me at times. You pillory Redknapp for not coming out and saying what you want to hear and yet when Levy says exactly what you want to hear you won't believe him!

Is it any wonder they remain quiet? Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Did you ever stop and consider the hypocrisy?

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 21:43

Well thats killed that rumour dead ion ! lol!

Post by Guest Mon May 30 2011, 21:49

totalytot wrote:
    Why is it we (Spurs/Levy ) don't mind selling to the top prem sides but they refuse to sell to us. It does make me mad and makes me wonder of what the clubs real intentions are at times.
    There are always enough foreign sides interested in our top players so if we are going to sell.....and I don't know why we should.....then send them abroad where they can't do us any harm.

Mikey M

Good point mike and i said all this years back when berbatov was targeted by ferguson that we should demand tevez in exchange...........the only thing is that we are back to player power here, even if a player has years on his contract if he decides he doesnt want to play then you cant make him (eg was berbatov.)

Frankly we always skin united for money so i dont suppose you can blame them for not selling anyone to us, but they shouldnt be mouthing off fellow teams best players as targets for their summer spending.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 30 2011, 22:29

ionman34 wrote:
    Christ on a Bike guys! This is exactly what the press loves to do, stir up Spurs fans. They know that they only have to speculate and you all will carry on like the player has been sold.

It amazes me at times. You pillory Redknapp for not coming out and saying what you want to hear and yet when Levy says exactly what you want to hear you won't believe him!

We're all like old biddies at the bus stop enjoying a bit of gossip lol

On this I do trust Harry and he has come out and stated uneqiovocly that he is loathe to see his best players go and I cant see him sanctioning a Modric sale unless its 50 million+ and importantly , the player wants to go ...

I think when talk of Bale was in the air after his Milan performances Harry was saying he was worth 80million+ ...So in Harry I trust on this but Im not to sure about Enic & Levy though, whatever the chairman says....

As for the piece itself , its lazy journalism .. Its probs a Man Utd fan , a mate of Fergie's put up to it rednose himself, or the hack is so p*ssed off after having seen a midfield pairing of Giggs and Carrick taking on Iniesta and Xavi , did I say taking on?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 30 2011, 22:31

ion? It's going to be a long Summer without footie to watch and then discuss. A couple of days ago this board was empty I post an article about Modric and another one about Redknapp and the posters start posting. I try to stimulate the board into discussion fella and it worked. I will keep digging out the contentious articles to get us through the period without games for us to comment on. Got to try and keep the interest going somehow mate. As I said before, because I post an article it doesn't necessarily mean I agree with it. Disagreement is great for stimulating discussion though. Very Happy

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 00:25

Copy & paste article from the Beeb. Levy says no go on any offers. We shall see . . .

Tottenham will keep best players - chairman Daniel Levy

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has told fans that the club are determined to keep their best players this summer.

With Spurs failing to repeat their Champions League qualification, there has been speculation about the likes of Gareth Bale and Luka Modric.

But Levy said: "We have spent hundreds of millions of pounds [on] our squad and on creating a settled team.

"We have no reason to sell and every intention of retaining our key players. We will not entertain any approaches."

Bale's two incredible performances against Inter Milan in the Champions League alerted a number of Europe's biggest clubs to the 21-year-old Wales midfielder's potential.

Also in midfield, Croatian Modric has enjoyed his finest season at White Hart Lane to date, picking up the supporters' player of the year award after a series of impressive displays.

Manchester City, Barcelona and Manchester United have all been linked with big-money moves for the pair.

However, Levy admitted in an open letter to supporters that there will be plenty of ins and outs at White Hart Lane this summer.

Boss Harry Redknapp is keen to move on at least six members of the first-team squad to make room for new signings and for Kyle Walker and Kyle Naughton, who will return from loan spells at Aston Villa and Leicester respectively.

Levy said: "We currently have one of the largest squads in the Premier League and, given the 25-man squad rule, it is no longer practical to retain players who are unlikely to qualify within that limit.

"We shall, therefore, look to reduce the number of these players during the coming transfer window in order to operate both effectively and efficiently."
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 31 2011, 07:34

ionman34 wrote:

What hypocrisy Ion. Levy told us he wasn't selling Berbatov but he did.
    As far as Harry is concerned I have always felt he's not leaving unless England call and I don't believe for one minute and never have that they would give the job to him and as for Chelsea if they wanted him he would be off by now.

As far as Modric is concerned he has stated in his own words that he would consider a team in the CL if somebody came for him whilst still saying he is happy at Spurs.
    Do you not think that at least 3 or 4 clubs are not going to test Levy's resolve with big bucks.

It's not hypocrisy for guys on here to speculate what would happen if clubs came in for our top players, every supporter of any club do it all the time, it's called fear.
    To blindly believe everything a chairman says simply because you think it's being loyal is foolish because they invariable go out and do the opposite.

I love my club as much as any one else but have been let down many times over the years by promises Chairman have made.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 31 2011, 08:03

Didn't Levy also say BMJs job was safe. Don't they call that the kiss of death from the Chairman?

Post by Guest Tue May 31 2011, 08:32

well i hoped peter crouch was going to be sold last summer but then the new kit offical pics came out and there was longshanks in the new kit on the website. that killed that lol

so when the new shirt pics are reveald in june 20 i just hope its either pav sandro modric or lennon in the shirt lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue May 31 2011, 09:27

totalytot wrote:

I have always felt that Modric would go even if we had qualified for CL.Especially as he was quoted in a Croation paper as saying "I am happy at Spurs but if a big club in the CL came after me I would have to seriously consider it."

Can't say i remember any story with modders in saying something like that the fans would jump all over it, i think Bale modders and everyone else will be at spurs next season, the team as whole is good we just need a bit of tweaking here and there Goalie & 2 strikers and then next season i feel we will be contenders for top four again , i cant see levy being that stupid to even want to listen to any offers.. and i can't believe modders would ever say summit like that, its more than likely a miss quote !!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue May 31 2011, 11:40

totalytot wrote:
    ionman34 wrote:

What hypocrisy Ion. Levy told us he wasn't selling Berbatov but he did.

Nothing to do with it Mikey. When you state that you are upset with an individual because he won't say what you want to hear, then you hear exactly what you want to hear and complain anyway, that is hypocritical.
    Put yourself in their shoes, fans are constantly badgering you to make a statement, tell them what they want to hear. So you make a statement, tell them that we have no intention of selling, that we are building for the future.
    Then those same fans, after listening politely, say 'Bollox, we don't believe you.'

I don't care if he has said one thing and done another mate, if you aren't going to believe him then quit moaning about them not making the announcement! If you're not going to believe him then why ask in the first place?

As far as Harry is concerned I have always felt he's not leaving unless England call and I don't believe for one minute and never have that they would give the job to him and as for Chelsea if they wanted him he would be off by now.

And fair play to you.

As far as Modric is concerned he has stated in his own words that he would consider a team in the CL if somebody came for him whilst still saying he is happy at Spurs.

That is a report taken from a Croatian paper by one of our red tops I believe. Do you honestly think that the report hasn't been doctored by said redtop to read in exactly the sensationalist manner that they wish in order to destabilise and sell papers. What they also do is generate interest in other managers. Fergie reads his morning paper, sees the Modric headline and, subsequently, puts in a bid to Spurs, letting the red tops know about the interest too. They dutifully report it, Modric hears about it, as Spurs turn it down flat, then interest is piqued. Other clubs follow the leader and the media have a feeding frenzy.

It's a self fulfilling prophecy generated by the 'meeja' in order to sell papers. They create their own Soap Opera out of nothing because the gullible will swallow it hook, line and sinker.

Do you not think that at least 3 or 4 clubs are not going to test Levy's resolve with big bucks.

Yes I do. But then I haven't been calling for the assurances then branding them lies.

It's not hypocrisy for guys on here to speculate what would happen if clubs came in for our top players, every supporter of any club do it all the time, it's called fear.

To call for the assurance from the Chairman or manager, then disbelieve it when the very thing you ask for is given to you is complete hypocrisy. Using the excuse of fear is merely that, giving an excuse. You are effectively stating that it's OK to do this so long as you are in a heightened emotional state.

Sorry but I think that is utter clap trap.

To blindly believe everything a chairman says simply because you think it's being loyal is foolish because they invariable go out and do the opposite.

Then simply do not ask for that assurance from him. If you're not going to believe him thenit's an exercise in futility for both parties.

I love my club as much as any one else but have been let down many times over the years by promises Chairman have made.

Feelings for your club are irrelevant in this situation Mikey. No one out there loves this club more than I, but that doesn't lead me into blind faith. Lew made a big thing about my sticking up for Berbatov as though I was blind to what he was going to do.

The truth of the matter was that I spent all that time advocating that we give him the benefit of the doubt. I was wrong, I accept that, but that doesn't mean that I'm naive or blind, just that I didn't know and trusted him. I don't hold Levy at fault there as he was over a barrel. He did right by the club by salvaging the maximum from a bad situation created by Berbatov.
    Our situation has changed now as we are a genuine challenger with a far longer hold on Modders than we had on Berbatov.

Once again, I will give the Chairman the benefit of the doubt because, as far as I'm concerned, he has done absolutely nothing to warrant the distrust you advocate.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Tue May 31 2011, 19:11

Ion I have never once asked for Harry to come out and say he is staying and I have already said my thoughts on him leaving....It will only be for England if they want him.....As far as levy is concerned he made the statement about not letting our best players leave in the programme I didn't ask for him to say it on here or anywhere.But because of the Berbatov and Carrick situations He will always look for a deal and I just don't beleive him.
    You say Berbatov had him over a barrel so did Rooney with Utd and Fabregas at Arsenal but they stayed Modric has a long contract will that stop Levy if a big offer comes along? I don't think so.

I'm quite happy to make my feelings about the board and pass on my opinions.If it is different to yours or anybody else's it doesn't mean I am wrong and they are right. It is just how I feel in the same way I would pass judgement on somebody I might meet in business or socialy.

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue May 31 2011, 23:14

totalytot wrote:
    Ion I have never once asked for Harry to come out and say he is staying and I have already said my thoughts on him leaving....It will only be for England if they want him.....As far as levy is concerned he made the statement about not letting our best players leave in the programme I didn't ask for him to say it on here or anywhere.But because of the Berbatov and Carrick situations He will always look for a deal and I just don't beleive him.

For the record Mikey, I haven't made the accusation against you. Apologies if it appears that way.
    You haven't asked for Harry to 'come out', nor have you asked for assurances from Levy, but many have and it is these that I direct my comments at. The dialogue with you was merely the vehicle used. I also get the benefit of a decent debate too.

You say Berbatov had him over a barrel so did Rooney with Utd and Fabregas at Arsenal but they stayed Modric has a long contract will that stop Levy if a big offer comes along? I don't think so.

Granted, but the scenario's are vastly different. Rooney staying was in large part due to the quarter of a mllion per week wage he was upped to. Fabregas stayed because he gets a starting berth at the goons whereas he'd be a bench player at Barca.
    No one else put a bid in for him did they?

As for Modric, I believe he WILL turn down a big offer. Much has been made of Enic selling Spurs off at a profit should the right bid come in. That bid won't happen if he sells off our prize assets. Additionally, Levy is no fool. He knows the value of players like Modric to the team, he also knows that he'll be worth as much at the end of next season or even the following one. He can afford to wait.

I'm quite happy to make my feelings about the board and pass on my opinions.If it is different to yours or anybody else's it doesn't mean I am wrong and they are right. It is just how I feel in the same way I would pass judgement on somebody I might meet in business or socialy.

Not sure what that last statement is about mate. I'm arguing against your opinion, not belittling it. I disagree but that doesn't lessen my respect for your opinion. Carry on posting in your own way Mikey, I always enjoy reading your input. Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content