The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Let modric go. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Let modric go. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Let modric go. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Let modric go. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Let modric go. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Let modric go. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Let modric go. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Let modric go. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Let modric go. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Let modric go. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
7 posters

Let modric go.

Let modric go. Empty Let modric go.

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12 2011, 20:40

Hello Lads, just coming on briefly because i am ill at the moment , but modric is doing a berbatov so really we are powerless to hold onto him........and yes ion the knock on effect could be bad.
    This is what i wrote many times about prior to getting into the cl last year, all is rosy and they are heroes putting themselves in the shop window , and then they want out at the slightest excuse.
    You are not allowed to build a team unless you are chelsea, man utd or now man city, even arsenal are feeling the effect of player power.
    Let him put in a transfer request, then put him up to the highest bidder, make him understand he isnt going to go where he wants to.
    Levy has to sit him down and say he can go for the right money.
    Lets move on, his heart isnt at spurs anymore, he put himself in the shop window.
    Its an ongoing problem at spurs, you have to become as big a club as those he is aching to move to, until that day we will have players like berbatov and modric.
    To tell the honest truth i was surprised he was voted spurs player of the year, but i dont go to matches anymore, but from what i saw he isnt the finished article.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Let modric go. Empty Re: Let modric go.

Post by LOBO Tue Jul 12 2011, 22:36

Your wrong lew, we are far from powerless to hold on to him, i think this will send out a message to all those who believe in player power that contracts are meant to mean something.

I would be happy to see him sit in the stands and i believe Levy will make an example of him if it comes to it nothing is going to change Levy's mind , someone somewhere needs to stand up to these players and make the rest of the world realize that if you sign up for 6 years or what ever length of time we as a club decide hold the key not the player, Chelsea can strop all they want, Modric can continue to use the press to his own gain but i do believe now he isn't going nowhere and good for Levy ...

This could be a land mark case and a lesson to other clubs that don't let player push you around, Modric is a great player, but no one is bigger than the club so stop acting like you are Modric, sit in stands or shut the f**k up
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Jul 12 2011, 23:15

LOBO wrote:Your wrong lew, we are far from powerless to hold on to him, i think this will send out a message to all those who believe in player power that contracts are meant to mean something.

I would be happy to see him sit in the stands and i believe Levy will make an example of him if it comes to it nothing is going to change Levy's mind , someone somewhere needs to stand up to these players and make the rest of the world realize that if you sign up for 6 years or what ever length of time we as a club decide hold the key not the player, Chelsea can strop all they want, Modric can continue to use the press to his own gain but i do believe now he isn't going nowhere and good for Levy ...

This could be a land mark case and a lesson to other clubs that don't let player push you around, Modric is a great player, but no one is bigger than the club so stop acting like you are Modric, sit in stands or shut the f**k up

Yeah!

What he said!

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 00:43

yep we are not powerless. modric shouldnt of sign for 6 years last season. he can rot in the reserves.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 00:54

We dont need another Berbertosser, cash in on him but sell outside of the EPL.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 01:24

he cant afford to be like berbatov with 6 years on hes contract

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 03:14

I think some of you blokes dont know how mercenary the game is, thats all its about, how can you even comtemplate loyalty from a fcking croat.
    Once again we have a player who has put himself in the shop window, does well for the club that gives him a chance and then desires to desert them at the age of 25, he wont even give the club another year to see if they can get back into the cl.
    Yeah, let him rot in the reserves, debase his value, thats the way to go, especially when all the game is about money these days.
    I couldnt give a sh*t anymore about these players, i am sick of the berbatovs and modrics and others at other clubs that treat the fans the way they do.
    I have said all along to pursue a youth policy at whl, give the youngsters a chance, dont keep them hanging on by buying sh*t from overseas, if they are good at 17 then give then a chance, dont disillusion them by constantly buying these fcking mercenaries...and at the end of the day thats all they are about.
    You want loyalty at spurs, you wont get it with the modrics, they dont see a team building for the future and want to be part of it, they only see what they personally want..fck the fans ! who cheer him week in week out.
    Play them at their own game is my motto....if i was daniel levy, sit modric down and say, right you want out, you are going on our terms.....highest bidder........now fck off.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jul 13 2011, 03:25

No Lew, f*ck him. Sit him on the bench. That will be a lesson to any other Mercenary to think about it before f*cking us about. It will also send a message to Chelski and Manure we won't be bullied into selling our players to them at the drop of a hat.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Wed Jul 13 2011, 03:38

Yes boys am with you, iv came round to the idea of making an example of him, let him rot. When the thread came up titled 'Boo Modders or not' I said lets see how he conducts himself now he's back with the team and he's disgraced our club so yes lets BOOOOOO the little sh*t, thinks he bigger and better than our beautiful club.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 13 2011, 04:04

I think we need to be just a bit cuter than that as fans Lee. Booing him just reinforces his opinion and will have him more and more convinced, in his twisted little guilt evasion, that he is in the right.

Silent treatment is the way to go, if only it were possible. I don't have a Twitter account but I reckon this would be the way to go. Start a Twitter campaign informing all fans that attend the games to go absolutely silent whenever Modric touches the ball. No sound, not a peep, eery quiet. If he does something well, give him a round of applause. He scores a goal? Round of applause. Sets one up? Round of applause.

Nothing more until he issues a public apology to the fans for his conduct.

We gave him our affection and adoration freely. He threw it back in our faces. Now he has to earn that respect and affection back, and he'll need to work f*cking hard at it too.

But booing him will be counterproductive. We want him to stay. More to the point, we want him to want to stay. We want him to prove to us that he knows he dropped a right clanger and is willing to move Heaven and Earth to put things right again.

Because if he does that, he achieves exactly what it is that he's after and it will mean so much more knowing that the titles were earned, not bought.
    Boltjean
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by Boltjean Wed Jul 13 2011, 04:58

I can not make my mind up, first I thought we should make him stay and keep the bench warm, but then why pay him £40,000 a week to do that, the money would be better spent on the tea lady or toilet cleaner, then I thought, no let him go but to a club outside the UK, the money we get would go towards bringing in new players, but then we would be showing other clubs that we lack ambition, I just do not know anymore, I am just sick of todays players. Perhaps Lew is right and we should concentrate on building for the future with home grown players. When you think, this is where we found some of our biggest talent, Perryman, Hoddle, King, did Dawson come through from our youth team along with the Hudd?, maybe not great players but Spurs through and through, I think, because having said that I thought Campbell was Spurs through and through. What the hell have we got to do to hang on to our top players so as to make us a threat to the so called big three, City, United and Chelsea. Even Wenger is struggling to hold on to Nasri and Fabregas and they have been in the Champions League for quite a few seasons, so what chance have we got?.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 05:31

nope lennon and dawson all poached from other clubs lol

we dont give our own kids a chance. god knows why we have an academy
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:29

Signs a Six Year Contract, then wants to pi55 on us the following season and think thats ok and that we will just say yes. More Mugric then Modric. If he think it ok that we should just send out a message to the compatition.

No, we send out a clear message, you have two choices, put up or shut up!
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:32

That's, Modric put up or shut. Play or be seated.

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:43

Ion I love your idea of silence and polite appalause but I really can't see 36,000 bodies in The Lane getting all excited in the build up to a possible goal against the goners then Modric being involved in the move and sudden deafning silence descening on the massed hoardes . . . . .

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13 2011, 06:47

Len I think you will find that Daws came from Forest & Thudd from Derby. But both, like Lennon, where purchased when young then moulded into team & club players . . . .
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Wed Jul 13 2011, 14:14

Teach the B***ard a lesson let him rot who the hell does he think he is?

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Jul 13 2011, 15:59

VisionarySound wrote:Ion I love your idea of silence and polite appalause but I really can't see 36,000 bodies in The Lane getting all excited in the build up to a possible goal against the goners then Modric being involved in the move and sudden deafning silence descening on the massed hoardes . . . . .

I know mate, that's why I said if only it were possible. That kind of thing would have to be Military like in its coordination and, therefore, unlikely in the extreme.

But what a message it would send.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content