The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Modric Booed or Not EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Modric Booed or Not EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Modric Booed or Not EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Modric Booed or Not EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Modric Booed or Not EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Modric Booed or Not EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Modric Booed or Not EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Modric Booed or Not EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Modric Booed or Not EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Modric Booed or Not Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
ionman34
HotspurRoper
MarkA249
7 posters

Modric Booed or Not

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Modric Booed or Not Empty Modric Booed or Not

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jul 07 2011, 17:16

Do u lot think Modric will get abuse from our fans
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Modric Booed or Not Empty Re: Modric Booed or Not

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Jul 07 2011, 17:21

I think maybe that depends on how he conducts himself now he's back off he's jollies, back in training and been told he is staying. He needs to get his head down and concentrate on Spurs and see what next summer brings!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Jul 07 2011, 18:29

He'd better not be.

He is currently a Spurs player, he will remain a Spurs player. We have no proof whatsoever that he actually stated that he wants to leave for Chelski and this could just be yet another Agent asking a leading question then putting it out as fact to the press.

For Example, Luca is with his Agent, for dinner let's say, when they meet this Joorabchian tosspot. He's introduced, conversation gets around to how well he played this season, then Joorabchian asks, 'So Luca, if Chelsea were to make an offer would you want to play for them?' Luca replies, 'If Spurs were to accept the offer then yes, I'd like to play for Chelsea.'

Joorabchian meets with Daily Fail Hack that night saying, 'Got an exclusive for you, Modric has told me himself that he'd play for Chelsea if they made an offer.' He then rings Abramovich, who he makes deals for, and says, 'Roman, Modders has stated thathe wants to play for Chelsea if the offer is right. Now play this right, start small and I'll work on him from the other end. You know Football fans, the rumour is enough for them to start hating him, pretty soon they'll be calling him all kinds of cnut, then they'll boo him when he plays which'll lead him to handing in a transfer request. Levy will then have to accept because the fans will demand it.'

Ok, I've used some artistic license here but I'll bet it's not too far from the truth with these devious cnuts.

Boo him and he's gone for sure with a clear conscience. We then read him come out and say, 'I never looked for the move, the fans forced me out'. Whether he should have made a statement denying the reports then becomes irrelevant as he's gone and our other stars will follow him en masse.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jul 07 2011, 20:46

Spot on ion. I don't think the supporters will boo Modric, why should they? He's here and he's still playing for the club.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:27

I don't think he will get abuse, saying that there will always be an element of the crowd that will boo him , for his own good he needs to come out and make a statement, but try to make it sound as if he cares and not that hes been made to stay .
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Thu Jul 07 2011, 22:41

trouble is if he has a few bad games it might look like hes not trying, wont take long for the boo boys to feast on it.

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 06:37

I hope to f*ck he doesn't get booed. We have seen some fine football from this lad since he signed and should be thankfull for that alone. I would like to see OUR fans encouraging him and letting him know he has made the right decision in staying with Spurs and that his future belongs with US . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 11:16

whats the point of booing someone during a game. its just stupid.

save it for after on forums lol

but modric has 5 years left on hes contract, hes already said he wont ask for a transfer so all is good
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jul 08 2011, 17:03

Like i said 'see how he conducts himself' thus far has been good news. He said he wont put in a transfer request and wants to knuckle down and concentrate on Spurs and getting us back in the top 4, so thats good enough for me!

Post by Guest Fri Jul 08 2011, 18:49

In todays Telegraph there is an alleged interview with 'arry as follows -

Tottenham midfielder Luka Modric 'confused' by all the interest from the top-five clubs
    Harry Redknapp has admitted that Luka Modric is not happy at Tottenham and described the mood of the Croatia midfielder as “a bit confused”.
    Modric was told on Wednesday night by Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy that he would not be allowed to leave this summer and, at training on Thursday, his dissatisfaction was clear.

“There is no point me saying he’s walked in here today and everything is great, he’s happy and he’s going to stay,” Redknapp, the Spurs manager, said.

“The kid is a bit confused at the moment and it’s not been easy for him. I’d be telling you lies if I said he’s happy and he doesn’t want to go and play for whoever wants him.

"I think there are three or four of the top five that want him.

“It’s a difficult situation for him and I understand where he’s coming from. If someone is going to double or treble your wages, it’s difficult. But he signed a contract here, we love him here and we want him here.”

Modric would like to join Chelsea, who have already had one offer of £22 million rejected. However, that bid was immediately rejected by Tottenham, with Levy also taking the unusual step of guaranteeing that the player will stay.

It is understood, however, that Tottenham are prepared to review his current contract, which is worth £40,000-a-week and does not expire until 2016.

Modric has already publicly expressed his desire to leave and must now decide whether it is worth further agitating to move.

Tottenham believe that he will now accept the situation and resign himself to remaining at a club that is no longer in the Champions League.

“I don’t think he’ll hand in a transfer request – he will honour his contract,” Modric’s agent Nikky Vuksan said.

“He wants to play Champions League and win trophies. The only way we can resolve this is to sit down and talk.

“I have never been in a situation before where a player has had to fight a club and it’s not something we want to do.”

Redknapp has also stressed that Tottenham must add players to have any chance of again qualifying for the Champions League but he must first trim his squad and lessen the overall wage-bill.

“It’s no good people talking about Champions League football if we don’t improve the team,” he said.

C'mon arry you should be saying - yeah maybe he wants a move but why when we are looking to create something special at this famous old club. Lots of mixed messages coming out of the club at present . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jul 08 2011, 23:04

Make him the highest paid player at the club or at least offer it to see if he will be any happier. I know he signed an extended contract on wages of forty thou a week but come on it's not a lot is it? I mean what can you do with forty thousand a week these days? Seriously though I don't thing wages are the real problem. I think the real problem is he wants to be guarenteed CL football.

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 00:01

Poor lad only 40 k a week. and to think that 20k goes on income tax!

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09 2011, 00:39

why did harry feel the need to come out with that after modric just said he wont ask for a transfeer
    why cant harry just shut up sometimes.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Jul 09 2011, 06:48

if he wanted guaranteed cl football he should have fuckin put the ball in the net a few more times instead of skying them .
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Jul 09 2011, 07:56

Loughtonlegend wrote:why did harry feel the need to come out with that after modric just said he wont ask for a transfeer
    why cant harry just shut up sometimes.

That's exactly what I said Lought on the transfer post here earlier. Why does Harry have to open his big gob and say anything about the lads unhappy. It certainly isn't good for morale and also makes the other clubs think the door is still open for a move. It really p*sses me off.We all knew Modric was going to see Levy when he got back but Levy came out again and said he was staying. That should have been the end of it even if Modric was not pleased. But No Harry has to open it up all over again and tell the world that "The boy is not very happy at the moment"

Mikey M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content