The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Adebayor Boo or not to Boo EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Adebayor Boo or not to Boo Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
LOBO
MarkA249
6 posters

Adebayor Boo or not to Boo

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Adebayor Boo or not to Boo Empty Adebayor Boo or not to Boo

Post by MarkA249 Sun Sep 11 2011, 20:59

What reception will Ade get next week at the Lane hope he doesnt get too many boos Gallas didnt but is Ade worse cause he got 10 goals in 14 games against us ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Adebayor Boo or not to Boo Empty Re: Adebayor Boo or not to Boo

Post by LOBO Sun Sep 11 2011, 22:04

I think most if not all spurs fans will get behind him and cheer him,once he pulls that shirt on he is a yid regardless of history , anyone that boo's will be in a minority..and bloody stupid if you ask me , the bloke is world class he didn't have to come here he could have gone anywhere.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 05:47

Guy didn't do his-self too many favours with his after match interview though. Score on your debut then go on camera to praise your previous club who happen to your present clubs fiercest rivals. Still I'm sure Redknapp will translate for us non-multi-lingual idiots and let us know exactly what he meant . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 05:49

LOBO wrote:I think most if not all spurs fans will get behind him and cheer him,once he pulls that shirt on he is a yid regardless of history , anyone that boo's will be in a minority..and bloody stupid if you ask me , the bloke is world class he didn't have to come here he could have gone anywhere.

If he could have gone anywhere then why didn't he ? Surely staying at Real if he's world class & that good would have been better for his bank balance & career . . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:27

VisionarySound wrote:
    LOBO wrote:I think most if not all spurs fans will get behind him and cheer him,once he pulls that shirt on he is a yid regardless of history , anyone that boo's will be in a minority..and bloody stupid if you ask me , the bloke is world class he didn't have to come here he could have gone anywhere.

If he could have gone anywhere then why didn't he ? Surely staying at Real if he's world class & that good would have been better for his bank balance & career . . . . .
    No he went on the record a while back that he wanted to return to the prem , there was interest from inter & juve but he chose lille old spurs

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 07:36

Then why did he go on record "bigging" up the goners in his 1st post match interview for Spurs ? Not the most auspicious of statements he could have made . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:11

yea i saw that. i think hes tryin to come across like hes a changed man and grown up when what we want to here is that hes looking forward to scoring aganst the goonies lol

the guy looked good though. he can hold the ball up and has pace. he had a great secound half aswell

im getting him on back of my shirt
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:49

I wonder how him and Gallas will get on. Didn't they have a falling out?

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 10:56

yea i remember that lol
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 17:45

VisionarySound wrote:Then why did he go on record "bigging" up the goners in his 1st post match interview for Spurs ? Not the most auspicious of statements he could have made . . . . .

Don't tell me your going to boo him are you because of his pre match interview affraid ? , i think he was paying respect to a*se-nal and nothing more , and after his goal celebration against them i don't think he will ever be going back there in a hurry so i wouldn't read to much into it .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 18:14

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea i saw that. i think hes tryin to come across like hes a changed man and grown up when what we want to here is that hes looking forward to scoring aganst the goonies lol

the guy looked good though. he can hold the ball up and has pace. he had a great secound half aswell

im getting him on back of my shirt

Yep and parker with his never say die attitude constantly closing people down made a big diff , i hear though vdv has made a miraculous recovery and wants to be fit for the liverpool game, this is where arry has to be brave and stick with the winning team and leave vdv on the bench
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:09

We have a quality striker that could help us get back in the Top 4 only idiots that want to sabotage that chance would boo the bloke.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:25

Of course you are not going to boo him - he is your player ffs - a decent acquisition in my opinion and if you could get the best out of him for a full season he is worth 30 goals

The only minor fly in the ointment is that in addition to being a talented and experienced goal scorer he is also quite insane.

God knows what tips him over the edge. A few months down the line Spuds fans, like those at every club he has played at, might find themselves shaking their heads at his antics.

Post by Guest Mon Sep 12 2011, 21:37

LOBO wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:Then why did he go on record "bigging" up the goners in his 1st post match interview for Spurs ? Not the most auspicious of statements he could have made . . . . .

Don't tell me your going to boo him are you because of his pre match interview affraid ? , i think he was paying respect to a*se-nal and nothing more , and after his goal celebration against them i don't think he will ever be going back there in a hurry so i wouldn't read to much into it .

Of course I'm not going to boo him Lobs. He is a Spurs player & that is something I have never done. I didn't even boo Crouchinio lol. But I am on record saying that I will hold judgement on him until he has been here awhile. The guy has form for being a difficult character. I found it odd that he would show his "respect" for a previous club after his attitude towards that club when he joined Citeh. I understand that he probably won't be running back there but a more positive Spurs attitude after scoring on his debut would have won over the vast majority of the fanbase there & then. All he has to do now is score loads & behave immpeccably and it's case closed . . . .
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Sep 12 2011, 22:44

VisionarySound wrote:
    LOBO wrote:

Of course I'm not going to boo him Lobs. He is a Spurs player & that is something I have never done. I didn't even boo Crouchinio lol. But I am on record saying that I will hold judgement on him until he has been here awhile. The guy has form for being a difficult character. I found it odd that he would show his "respect" for a previous club after his attitude towards that club when he joined Citeh. I understand that he probably won't be running back there but a more positive Spurs attitude after scoring on his debut would have won over the vast majority of the fanbase there & then. All he has to do now is score loads & behave immpeccably and it's case closed . . . .

Yes time will tell Smile

anicoll5 wrote:Of course you are not going to boo him - he is your player ffs - a decent acquisition in my opinion and if you could get the best out of him for a full season he is worth 30 goals

The only minor fly in the ointment is that in addition to being a talented and experienced goal scorer he is also quite insane.

God knows what tips him over the edge. A few months down the line Spuds fans, like those at every club he has played at, might find themselves shaking their heads at his antics.

I honestly think hes a changed man now since his brush with death in angola .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Sep 13 2011, 02:56

Off the Guardian match stats site ...

Adebayor vs Wolves: 45 attempted passes, 40 successful, 89% completion rate..

I can assure you all, that neither Defoe , Pav , Crouch or Keane got anywhere near those sort of match stats these past couple of seasons ...

Emmanuel will do for me ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02 2024, 13:12