The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Fulham EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Fulham Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
shearspur
MarkA249
totalytot
8 posters

Match Thread Vs Fulham

Match Thread Vs Fulham Empty Match Thread Vs Fulham

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:39

Match Thread Vs Fulham 150px-Fulham_FC.svg Vs Match Thread Vs Fulham 150px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg

At
    Match Thread Vs Fulham 300px-Craven_Cottage_Football_Ground_-_geograph.org.uk_-_778731

Match Thread Vs Fulham 150px-Premier_League.svg

Sunday 06/11/11
    Kick Off @ 1600hrs GMT

Match Thread Vs Fulham Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Fulham

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:44

Fulham v Tottenham

By John Motson

Match Thread Vs Fulham _52901643_motson
    BBC Match of the Day commentator

TEAM NEWS
    Fulham defender Aaron Hughes will again miss out with a thigh injury.

Philippe Senderos is also absent with a similar problem, while Simon Davies and Orlando Sa are out.

Tottenham defender William Gallas came through his comeback match against Rubin Kazan unscathed and is now in contention.

Midfielder Luka Modric should be fit despite a groin problem, but Michael Dawson, Tom Huddlestone and Niko Kranjcar are still out.

MATCH PREVIEW
    To me, this match is the weekend's most attractive-looking fixture in the Premier League as the one thing I am expecting from it is goals.

Both sides have attacking players in top form. Fulham's Andrew Johnson scored two superb goals on Thursday in the Europa League clash with Wisla Krakow, and Clint Dempsey is now just one goal short of breaking Brian McBride's record for scoring the most Premier League goals by an American.

For Tottenham, Rafael van der Vaart simply cannot stop scoring at the moment and they carry a goal threat all over the pitch.

However, both teams will have to find a way past two of the Premier League's most experienced and impressive goalkeepers. Tottenham's Brad Friedel will be playing in his 276th consecutive Premier League match, while Mark Schwarzer has played 496 games in English league football.

Fulham boss Martin Jol was a hugely popular figure during his three years managing Tottenham and came within a whisker of leading them to the Champions League until that infamous stomach bug struck his team on the last day of the 2005-06 season.

Jol's successor at Spurs, Harry Redknapp, underwent heart surgery this week and it seems unlikely that he will be at the game. His players will be keen to get a result to help aid his recovery and the form book says they will be favourites given that they are unbeaten since those two defeats to the Manchester clubs at the start of the season.

MATCH FACTS
    Head-to-head
    Fulham's last league win over Tottenham came almost three years ago (2-1 in November 2008). They have managed just one victory in their last 10 league matches with Spurs, but thrashed them 4-0 in last season's FA Cup.
    This is the 76th meeting between the sides. Tottenham have won 37 and Fulham 12, with 26 draws.
    Fulham boss Martin Jol managed Tottenham from November 2004 to October 2007. He took charge of 148 games in all competitions, winning 67, losing 43 and drawing 38. In his first full season in charge, he led Spurs to fifth place, their highest league position since 1990.

Fulham
    Fulham beat Wigan 2-0 away from home last Saturday despite having only 38% of possession and half as many shots as their opponents.
    Clint Dempsey's goal against Wigan was his 36th in the Premier League, which equals the most by an American (Brian McBride also scored 36 goals).
    Fulham have only won two of their last 22 London derbies, but one of them came in their most recent attempt at Craven Cottage when they beat QPR 6-0.

Tottenham
    Tottenham have scored at least twice in each of their last seven league matches.
    Having lost their opening two league matches, Spurs have won six and drawn one of their last seven, a run that started when Scott Parker made his debut for the club.
    If fit, Luka Modric will make his 100th Premier League appearance for Tottenham.
    Rafael van der Vaart is bidding to become only the seventh player in Tottenham's history to score in six or more consecutive league matches. Garth Crooks is the last player to achieve the feat between December 1984 and January 1985.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:52

At Fulham (38)
    Results Total %
    Fulham 10 (26.32%)
    Tottenham Hotspur 14 (36.84%)
    Draws 14 (36.84%)

Goals Total Av.pg
    Fulham 51 (1.34pg)
    Tottenham Hotspur 56 (1.47pg)

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 01:54

Record Scores

Highest Aggregate 7: Fulham 3 - 4 Tottenham Hotspur 1966/1967

Highest Fulham score: 4 Fulham 4 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur 2010/2011

Highest Tottenham Hotspur score: 5 Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Fulham 2007/2008

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 02:00

2010/2011 Sun 30 Jan Fulham 4 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur F.A. Cup
    2010/2011 Sat 01 Jan Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Fulham Premier League
    2010/2011 Sat 16 Oct Fulham 1 - 2 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2009/2010 Wed 24 Mar Tottenham Hotspur 3 - 1 Fulham F.A. Cup
    2009/2010 Sat 06 Mar Fulham 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur F.A. Cup
    2009/2010 Tue 26 Jan Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Fulham Premier League
    2009/2010 Sat 26 Dec Fulham 0 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2008/2009 Fri 26 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 0 Fulham Premier League
    2008/2009 Sat 15 Nov Fulham 2 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2007/2008 Wed 26 Dec Tottenham Hotspur 5 - 1 Fulham Premier League
    2007/2008 Sat 01 Sep Fulham 3 - 3 Tottenham Hotspur Premier League
    2006/2007 Sun 18 Feb Fulham 0 - 4 Tottenham Hotspur F.A. Cup
    2006/2007 Sat 20 Jan Fulham 1 - 1 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2006/2007 Sun 17 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 0 - 0 Fulham Premiership
    2005/2006 Tue 31 Jan Fulham 1 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership
    2005/2006 Mon 26 Sep Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Fulham Premiership
    2004/2005 Sat 26 Feb Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 0 Fulham Premiership
    2004/2005 Sat 30 Oct Fulham 2 - 0 Tottenham Hotspur Premiership

Post by Guest Sat Nov 05 2011, 19:07

Hope that the players will be up for this one as a tonic for harry after his heart problems.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06 2011, 01:45

you mean the same 11 that will stay on the feild lol
    i see newcastle win again and or now 2nd, thats what happens when you have balls to keep 442

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06 2011, 02:36

Fulham's Martin Jol ready for 'extra special' Tottenham encounter

• Jol to face Spurs for first time since sacking in 2007
    • Dutchman bears no grudge towards Tottenham hierarchy

reddit this

Jamie Jackson
    guardian.co.uk, Friday 4 November 2011 23.03 GMT
    Article history

Martin Jol, the Fulham manager, faces Tottenham for the first time since his sacking in 2007
    Martin Jol, the Fulham manager, faces Tottenham for the first time since his sacking in 2007. Photograph: Jed Leicester/Action Images

Martin Jol is looking forward to an "extra special" afternoon when the Fulham manager faces Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday for the first time since he departed White Hart Lane in difficult circumstances four years ago.

Despite taking Spurs to consecutive fifth-place finishes, the Dutchman was sacked in late October 2007 during a Uefa Cup game with Getafe and replaced by Juande Ramos. Two club executives had previously been photographed with the Spaniard.

Yet Jol says he bears no grudge against the Tottenham hierarchy. "It will be very special," he said of a game against the club where he was promoted to replace Jacques Santini as manager after a brief spell as the Frenchman's assistant. "It was a great time. Three years and four months [at the club] – not now, but probably at the time it was a record [in fact Gerry Francis is the longest-serving Spurs manager in the Premier League by two weeks]. I still have positive feelings, which is the most important thing. And even in that last game [against Getafe] you could get some positives out of it.

"The first and main thing is that we get the points. It doesn't matter who we play. But it's probably the first time that I see the fans again and play against Spurs. Of course they are getting on and have improved. They have a great squad. I always like to watch them."

Asked if he has a good relationship with Daniel Levy, despite the Spurs chairman's public pursuit of Ramos, Jol said: "Yes." But he would not be drawn on whether he took any satisfaction in Ramos failing to last more than a year at the club. "It's better for me not to answer that or say things," he said.

Many of Tottenham's regular players were at the club when Jol was in charge. He said: "[Michael] Dawson, Ledley King, the left-back [Benoît Assou-Ekotto] [Younes] Kaboul so that is four in the back four, Gareth Bale, Tom Huddlestone, Jermain Defoe and Aaron Lennon."

But Jol denied he was jealous when Harry Redknapp took the club into the Champions League two years ago. "Maybe if they had done it straight after me leaving that would have been a bit harsh," Jol said. "But it was a long time after that and they improved the squad and spent a lot of money and got the quality in they needed and then the quality players staying like [Luka] Modric.

"I loved it because I know Daniel Levy wants to be in the top four in England and he works very hard for that [and] I know a few people in the board so I was happy for them."

Fulham's captain, Danny Murphy, had a difficult time when Jol brought the midfielder to Tottenham in January 2006. After 18 months he was sold to Fulham having featured only 24 times, and the 34-year-old believes this helped revive his career.

He said: "It was a good experience. The good things are always easy to remember, but it's probably one of the only negative spells of my career I had there. There were a few factors, but it made me stronger, definitely. I think that little lull, without playing so much, maybe gave me the hunger and desire to kick on again and prove a few people wrong.

"It's not too healthy looking back on the negatives. I try and focus on the positives of my career. I made some good friends and worked with some good coaches at Tottenham, learned plenty off them, which hopefully I'll be able to use in future years. I don't think about the negatives too much, even though I would've liked to have done more."

Redknapp will not take charge of Spurs due to his recuperation from heart surgery this week. Murphy is a slight doubt for Sunday's game after being withdrawn with a knee complaint against Wisla Krakow on Thursday.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Nov 06 2011, 05:09

This is going to be a tough game for us.Fulham are tough to beat at home and Jol wont want to lose to us for obvious reasons. It will probably be a low scoring game and either side could win it 1-0 but I fancy us to get a draw.

Mikey M
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 06 2011, 05:51

Loughtonlegend wrote:you mean the same 11 that will stay on the feild lol
    i see newcastle win again and or now 2nd, thats what happens when you have balls to keep 442

Im sick of hearing about 442 if it was so good Chelsea City Barcalona Madrid Man Utd would play it but they dont why cause its too open like a tarts legs

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06 2011, 08:17

qpr at home u play 442.
    newcastle are doing ok playing that way
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Nov 06 2011, 10:28

I THOUGHT WE WERE WINNING ?

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06 2011, 11:07

hanging on i call it.
    i hope ade scores and ends this drout
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Nov 06 2011, 15:10

6 wins in 7 and unbeaten in the league since Citeh, is hanging on?

Is this comedy hour again?

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Nov 06 2011, 21:00

ionman34 wrote:6 wins in 7 and unbeaten in the league since Citeh, is hanging on?

Is this comedy hour again?

EXACTLY and not playing the sh*t 442 and Lought did u see the first half against QPR best football we have played in ages was we playing 442 big fat NO
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Nov 06 2011, 21:44

We just got to keep playing our game what ever system we play whether it be 442 451 or 11 men in goal, the fact is we are getting results and that's the name of the game ..

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07 2011, 00:41

we was playing qpr lol
    we was hanging on aganst blackburn and newcastle ect

its funny how ade stop scoring. if he dont score today that will be hes 6th game without hitting the net

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:09

TEAM NEWS: The team is unchanged from last Sunday's victory against QPR. SPURS STARTING XI: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor. SUBS: Cudicini, Bassong, Defoe, Corluka, Livermore, Sandro, Pienaar.

pav had ashthma attack last night he said on facebook
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Match Thread Vs Fulham Empty Post your match links here

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:17

Only free links please What a Face

If your using sopcast > in English 119537 HD Live
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:36

Link
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:37

Another - Link
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:38

Lots of Links - Link
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:41

Thanks DJSR keep erm coming the sopcast link i posted is really good apart from the sound is about second delay out of sync
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:43

Your welcome Lobs, I would recommend YES or Alv on sopcast, but get on before the match kicks off to avoid disappointment!

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07 2011, 02:48

FULHAM v TOTTENHAM (1600)
    Fulham: Schwarzer, Grygera, Baird, Hangeland, Riise, Duff, Murphy, Sidwell, Dempsey, Dembele, Zamora. Subs: Etheridge, Kelly, Kasami, Ruiz, Etuhu, Frei, Briggs.
    Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto, Lennon, Parker, Modric, Bale, Van der Vaart, Adebayor. Subs: Cudicini, Defoe, Bassong, Corluka, Livermore, Sandro, Pienaar.
    Referee: Peter Walton (Northamptonshire)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 07:40