The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
did he mean to miss it - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

did he mean to miss it - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
MarkA249
djfitzo
HotspurRoper
8 posters

did he mean to miss it

did he mean to miss it - Page 2 Empty Re: did he mean to miss it

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 06:45

well jim didnt leave because of me. max didnt. dave stopped posting the minute you banned. lobo didnt.

why would someone stop posting because they dont agree with you.

and also im not right the same as your not wrong. its opinions we all have them. i dont change mine because someone scored. imo defoe has never been great for us and we need to inprove on him. and for all of ade good hold up play hes shooting is just as bad as crouch.

and what about vdv he had another game of inpersanation jenas where he plays the invisible man Very Happy

i do wonder if pav had missed that harry would of said sumthing but he wont say nuffin agains hes goldon boys
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 25 2012, 06:52

Loughtonlegend wrote:well jim didnt leave because of me. max didnt. dave stopped posting the minute you banned. lobo didnt.

why would someone stop posting because they dont agree with you.

Maybe because they got sick of you bleating bout how sh*t our players are. believe me I know how they feel.

and also im not right the same as your not wrong. its opinions we all have them. i dont change mine because someone scored. imo defoe has never been great for us and we need to inprove on him. and for all of ade good hold up play hes shooting is just as bad as crouch.

Like I said look at the replies you get Hardly anyone agrees with you.

and what about vdv he had another game of inpersanation jenas where he plays the invisible man Very Happy

i do wonder if pav had missed that harry would of said sumthing but he wont say nuffin agains hes goldon boys

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 10:08

who cares if people agree with me. its a forum its peoples opinions.

baz you want everyone to like you when you should be your own person.
    i know a lot of times you agree with somethings i say but wont admit it.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 25 2012, 10:18

Want everyone to like me? oh behave yourself and grow up ffs. This isn't the playground now. Left school when I was fifteen. That's just plain silly and clutching at straws.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:07

Lought, all players will lose form, but you have to take the overall, not just individual games that you seem to. Ade's goals ratio could be better, but his work rate,speed and overall hold up play is better than anyone else we realistically could have bought. VDV on his day is the most clinical finisher we have. As for Darren Bent he may score goals against the bigger clubs, but the team he plays for still lose, whats the point of that? We all agree that Pav maybe should have been given more game time, but his attitude stinks. But you just done like Defoe and no matter he does, you will find fault, ive looked at his miss and yes, he did stutter in his run up, but that was because Bale keep going and Defoe was not sure when he was going to cross the ball, in my opinion he carried it to far and should have sent it over earlier and dont make me laugh about Pav scoring like he did against Milan, this was in the 93rd minute, Pav cant keep up with Bale in normal time, if he had played all game like Defoe, no chance would he have even got into the box. There you go, debate, with proper possible explantations.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:52

i said all along that ade hold up play is better then anyone else is. but why is he so poor in front of goal. is it because if he missis it dont mean much to him as he wont be here next season..

as for pav if he was on as a sub then he would of scored. hes more of a poacher where defoe more instinct striker.
    that is still an awfull miss by defoe and that pav miss you was going on about was not an easy miss but he did bottle it when the keeper came out.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 21:53

also why did harry take lennon of again. just when he went on the left and was finding space.
    plus apart from the 2 goals did hart have a save to make.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Jan 25 2012, 22:37

Loughtonlegend wrote:also why did harry take lennon of again. just when he went on the left and was finding space.
    plus apart from the 2 goals did hart have a save to make.

Because we was getting ripped apart in midfield, Livermore made a big difference and we was the team more likely to win it.

Like I said, titles are won and lost on critical decisions, losing 1 point and Citeh getting three was also down to Ekotto not seeing the ball out and making sure we kept possession, 40 yard passes was not needed with 45 seconds to go.

Post by Guest Wed Jan 25 2012, 22:44

i thought livermoor came on for vdv. lennon came on for stephen..

bang on about ekotto. one of hes more casual days ad why he didnt let the ball go out and then punting the ball up feild was just stupid
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Jan 26 2012, 00:08

Loughtonlegend wrote:i thought livermoor came on for vdv. lennon came on for stephen..

bang on about ekotto. one of hes more casual days ad why he didnt let the ball go out and then punting the ball up feild was just stupid

Lought, thats what you get with Benny, 10 great games, then one shocker, his distribution was very poor and your right he is too casual at times, maybe because his gone on record that football is just a job for him and he doesnt have the same kind of passion as other players, but on his day can be one of the best left backs in the world.

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jan 26 2012, 00:30

Loughtonlegend wrote:i said all along that ade hold up play is better then anyone else is. but why is he so poor in front of goal. is it because if he missis it dont mean much to him as he wont be here next season..

as for pav if he was on as a sub then he would of scored. hes more of a poacher where defoe more instinct striker.
    that is still an awfull miss by defoe and that pav miss you was going on about was not an easy miss but he did bottle it when the keeper came out.

if pav was on he would of scored how on earth can u say that u cant
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jan 26 2012, 00:58

So Lought , what you saying in answer to your own question .. Did he mean to miss it ?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 01:26

I would say he is checking to watch the flight of the ball. Will it take a booble that sort of thing. He has to make a decision in a split second so therefore he would have had to decide to miss it in a split second as well. Frankly asking such a question brings into question the honesty & integrity of the player and is a massive slur against their character . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Jan 26 2012, 01:37

VisionarySound wrote:I would say he is checking to watch the flight of the ball. Will it take a booble that sort of thing. He has to make a decision in a split second so therefore he would have had to decide to miss it in a split second as well. Frankly asking such a question brings into question the honesty & integrity of the player and is a massive slur against their character . . . .

And the person asking question?

I'm honestly curious to hear from Loughtan , what prompted him to ask such a question , why title the thread with that?
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 04:56

|I wonder if Bent meant to miss the sitter that Sandra could have scored. I reckon he did you know. Why else would he miss such an easy goal?

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:57

It's all a conspiracy to stop spurs winning the league . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 09:08

VisionarySound wrote:It's all a conspiracy to stop spurs winning the league . . . .

did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 2 348204

Post by Guest Thu Jan 26 2012, 12:59

darren bent chance was harder. it was a good cross but he stil had to run into postion and jump.

defoe has a skip and slows down. why slow down because ur not offf side. he could of done what strikers do and either run diganal then side foot it in or gone back post. if anyone else had missed that like torres u would be laughin at him. defoe cost us like he did in them west ham games a long time ago
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jan 26 2012, 21:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:darren bent chance was harder. it was a good cross but he stil had to run into postion and jump.

defoe has a skip and slows down. why slow down because ur not offf side. he could of done what strikers do and either run diganal then side foot it in or gone back post. if anyone else had missed that like torres u would be laughin at him. defoe cost us like he did in them west ham games a long time ago

FFS Lought do u ever read any replys u say peoples got opinions and free speech all that crap all your interested in is your your own either that or u dont know f*ck all about football quite a few people have told u now Defoe wanted it played early he didnt know when Bale was going to play it. Yes your entitled to your own opionions but your the only 1 who thinks it If it was Pav who missed it you would want a court of law to defend him
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:43

Blinkered comes to mind Mark.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Jan 26 2012, 22:50

darren bent chance was harder. it was a good cross but he stil had to run into postion and jump.

Bollox, he didn't jump at all lol. It was spot on his head ffs. anyone called Sandra could have scored that.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 00:19

Oh dear. Now that is an embarassing miss . . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Jan 27 2012, 00:28

VisionarySound wrote:Oh dear. Now that is an embarassing miss . . . . .

Ah but he always scores against the big teams when his team loses!!

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:00

Yup he's so good even Gomes saved a penalty from him.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:29

Oh seebee lmao lmao lmao lmao . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:16