The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
did he mean to miss it - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

did he mean to miss it - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
MarkA249
djfitzo
HotspurRoper
8 posters

did he mean to miss it

did he mean to miss it - Page 3 Empty Re: did he mean to miss it

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:30

omg now its slag darren off yet hes a proper striker scroing for poor teams. every seseaon he ends up more goals then defoe.

that chance aganst portsmout was not even center. he was more to the right of the goal. how was that a tap in.

defoe assume bale would play it early then saw bale take on hes man and defoe did a labord run.
    take your defoe blinkers off he should of scored end off.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 02:34

watch pavs run. he dont run straight he runs diaganal. he didnt do a defoe straight run.
    he he goes to shape to score in the left so he opens hes body up and calmy sidefoots in the other corner. i may tweet defoe this lol

case closed
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 03:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg now its slag darren off yet hes a proper striker scroing for poor teams. every seseaon he ends up more goals then defoe.
    a
    Darren? What, you best mates or something? I have nothing against "Darren" We are just comparing his miss with Jermaine's. The jury is back and the verdict is the majority think "Darren's" miss is worse.

that chance aganst portsmout was not even center. he was more to the right of the goal. how was that a tap in.

Yes, and he had a great big gap to aim for to the Goalie's right. How the f*ck did he manage to head it to the goalie's left and he didn't even have it on target. Look at the reaction from Harry. I have nothing aganst Bent. I think he should have had more time.

defoe assume bale would play it early then saw bale take on hes man and defoe did a labord run.

Bale should have played it early that was the ball to play.
    Once again you are the only one who is right PMSL. The commentators? Wrong. Us on here? Wrong. Those on Facebook? Wrong. Only you has it right.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 03:45

baz be differnt for a change. i dont care if people agree with me i have my own mind.

all defoe had to do was continue hes run then a tap in, if torres had missed that or an arsenal player you would be laughing about it.
    would lineker allen klinnsmann had missed that chance.
    i rekon the ginger pele would of put that one away or even rocket ronnie
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:03

BazSpur wrote:darren bent chance was harder. it was a good cross but he stil had to run into postion and jump.

Bollox, he didn't jump at all lol. It was spot on his head ffs. anyone called Sandra could have scored that.

What an effort , what a run , what a jump by Darren....So unlucky lol
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:20

Loughtonlegend wrote:omg now its slag darren off yet hes a proper striker scroing for poor teams. every seseaon he ends up more goals then defoe.

No ones saying between Bale and Defoe , Spurs shouldn't have gone 3-2 up!

Plenty of top strikers miss chances...I bet even you've missed a sitter lol

Torres, David Villa, Giggs, even the two best players in the world, Ronaldo and Messi but I dont think you'd hear fans of their teams ask the WUM question, 'did they mean to miss'????????

Still waiting for you to reply to the question why you would title this thread as you have ...

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:26

Pav missed a penalty in the CC shoot-out away to Stoke , sorry no footage of that one, but he also missed this one versus Blackburn .....

Did he miss both of them on purpose ?

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:44

all of them i would call sitters apart from torres because he had to go round the keeper and hes first touch was to heavy. i remember sir les missing 3 one on ones in the carling cup final for us.

yes pav has missed 2 pens for us. but before then he always scored them

Defoe has missed six out of last 10 spot-kicks this was after the leeds cup game 2 2..

in hes last stint with us hes missed a few pens. so defoe missed loads of pens
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Jan 27 2012, 04:59

Yeah okay ,Loughtan ,,,,,, BUT DID THEY MEAN TO MISS THEM ? lmao

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 05:13

who knows arnie. did bruce grobbler let them dodgy goals in when he was at southampton and we won 6 2.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:00

Still not answered the question I see.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:16

would lineker allen klinnsmann had missed that chance.

PMSL

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:23

is that really a sitter. he had tojump and turn hes head.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:29

Lol, are you joking? No goalie, both defenders yards apart, gaping net. Looked to me like a sitter. anyway I'm done with this nonsense now.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:32

your the one who keeps bringing it up in other threads.
    yes he should score but its not a sitter
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 07:42

Keeps bringing it up? Where? The Mickey Hazzard thread? I was having joke. as was Lee.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:03

Who was joking????????? Fishing
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:04

HotspurRoper wrote:Who was joking????????? did he mean to miss it - Page 3 912733

did he mean to miss it - Page 3 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 3 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 3 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 3 348204 did he mean to miss it - Page 3 348204

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:46

If you wanna make it slag off Bent time Lought let's go there my friend ? Lets do it in the right section tho' (other teams as hey he has moved from a big club to a smaller club) but hey I'm ready to slag off Mr Small Team Darren Fekin Missed A sitter Bent . . . ..
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 08:51

VisionarySound wrote:

If you wanna make it slag off Bent time Lought let's go there my friend ? Lets do it in the right section tho' (other teams as hey he has moved from a big club to a smaller club) but hey I'm ready to slag off Mr Small Team Darren Fekin Missed A sitter Bent . . . ..

In the words of Harry Hill.......................................... FIGHT

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 09:04

Lought my friend it's time to fess up & man up. You asked the question. Did Defoe mean to miss a goal scoring chance ? GIVE US YOUR OPINION ON THAT FFS. You don't rate Defoe, thats cool with me. I don't rate Pavy. Opinions. I will "debate" why I don't rate Pavy. Start a thread and I will happily give my reasons. You have slandered Defoe and I think it's time to tell us all why you think that. He missed a chance. So do most. But to say you think he missed it on purpose says you have a much deeper, underlaying concern. Do you think Defoe has been got at by dodgy bookies ? Did he miss to get a move away ? He missed. Fekin simple. Every forward in the world has missed, posters have given evidence to that. Yet still you bitch about the player who got us back into the game at 2-1. Next week it will be Bale, again, or VdV, again. I dread to think what happens if Friedel makes a mistake ? Bring back Gomes ? Lought I love ya posts and the debate you bring to the forum but sometimes you have to accept defeat and a certain player not quite doing what you want them to do. You also have to believe that Spurs are a team and not just individuals you either like or dislike . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 09:18

vis i dont think defoe missed on purpose. but i dont rate the guy but hes having a good season wich is about time seeing as hes been with us a long time apart from hes stint at portsmouth. i dont think defoe ever scored 20 in prem in a season. berbatov got top scorer last season yet played only half of man u games.

i belive darren is a better finniser. maybe defoe has more about hes game as if i could pick who was 1 on 1 with a keeper id want darren on my team.

we all know pavs faults and thats why he cant get into the team.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 09:31

did he mean to miss it - Page 3 Sheep

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 10:00

So why ask the question if you don't think he missed on purpose Lought ?

did he mean to miss it - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRgKQtDF-qUmK9VCWYTu_n6pBz3wwu5G1b0Opi13S9QCvJJ5JsV

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 10:24

because i feel crouch threw the game at real madrid by gettin sent off.

theres rumores about him and another prozzie out in spain and somone got to him.

but i dont think defoe is like that so i only put that as the title to get people debating

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:26