The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
did he mean to miss it - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

did he mean to miss it - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
MarkA249
djfitzo
HotspurRoper
8 posters

did he mean to miss it

did he mean to miss it - Page 4 Empty Re: did he mean to miss it

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 10:33

Which you more than succeded in Lought ! As you always do mate. But don't be surprised if some see your comments as a touch anti shall i say ? I don't like to but sometimes it does come across like that. You allude to Crouchinio and possible betting scams ? I would truely hope not and your title of, this most busy, thread did suggest you felt ulterior motives maybe involved . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 10:52

yea i shouldnt of named the thread did defoe mean to miss.

but do you think football is %100 clean.
    every other sport has had bungs ect so why not our leagues.

im convinced refs are corrupt. not all of them. think about it they all support football teams. how else did they became refs.

i seen to many dodgy decession in my life.

the one that proves it was the carlin cup final aston v man u when after about 5 mins rio brings down a villa player and no red.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 10:55

Not yet Lought do I think the far east syndicates have taken over the Premier. The lower leagues maybe. Look at Gillingham V AFC Wimbledon last weekend mate . . . . .

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 11:01

maybe its more to do with all the refs scared of fergie.

as much as i respect fergie for what hes done at man u i rekon when he retires the league will become a level playing feild.
    didnt they go 10 years without given a pen at old trafford

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 11:12

Whats Ole Red Nose got to do with all of this Lought ? Man that is soooooooooo leftfield . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 11:47

I'd like to know, why the random picture of a sheep? have I missed something.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 27 2012, 11:49

BazSpur wrote:I'd like to know, why the random picture of a sheep? have I missed something.

I don't think so mate, nor do I think it was random.

Your suspicions I would deem correct.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 11:51

Hmmmmm I think you know what I m thinking ion. Someone is getting little too cheeky.

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27 2012, 12:17

so ion only post of the day is to stir things up.

take a bow son.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Jan 27 2012, 18:06

Don't bother Lought, far wiser heads have seen through you. The fact that you haven't bothered to deny it, despite being fully aware of what we are talking about, is proof positive.

Your entire existence on here is to wind up, you are in constant arguments with more than 90% of the posters here and, as it turns out, have managed to get yourself banned from Facebook, a feat I thought was nigh on impossible, because you don't give a sh*t about anyone elses opinion, just your own, which really wouldn't be an issue if you were actually able to back it up. You can't though, for all the stats you post others can post stats to disprove your theories. When posed difficult questions you ignore them and just repeat what you posted before, despite whatever it was being blown out of the water.

What is most laughable is the fact that you bang on about people being entitled to their opinions but you ignore everyone elses. It is impossible to debate with you because, no matter how many times you are proven wrong (99.99999999999% of the time) you ignore the proof and carry on the same tired, worn, dubious and inaccurate diatribe over and over again.

Now you are taking a shot at probably the most tolerant poster on here, Baz. Because he doesn't agree with you then you accuse him of not having his own mind. Is this the same for Arnie, Mark, Lee, Vis, DJ and just about everyone else on the board? Because they all disagree with you the vast majority of the time too.

You lack coherence, you lack original thought. You second guess after the fact every time and constantly pick up on errors or faults no matter how miniscule. You accuse certain players of not doing their jobs but defend one in particular when he makes an even worse showing. You constantly bang on about players we have ejected when they can't even perform in sides struggling to remain in the Prem. You back every flavour of the Month manager over our own ..... EVERY TIME ....... Yet never give them a single mention when they go tits up.

Where is Coppell now eh?

It is at about this point where you ignore everything above, apart from the bit about you constantly arguing, and use that to take a shot at me. yes I argue a great deal, but the difference is that I really DO back myself. It never occurs to you that others agree with me because I'm right does it, you just use that worn out old excuse that others are bullied into agreeing with me.

I wonder if Lew, Baz, Lobo or Vis would agree with you there.

What you do not seem to be able to comprehend is that you do not lose face by admitting you are wrong, particularly in the face of overwhelming evidence contradicting your own statements. It seems you are willing to listen to people that agree with you but completely blank those you don't. It is this that has me convinced that you will ignore almost the entirety of this post as you won't have a single rebuttal to it, apart from taking a pop at the arguments I've had, pretty much like this one.

So there you have it Lought, pretty much my thoughts and opinions on the way you have been posting for the last few months. Let's face it, I'm not alone here am I. I challenge you to defend yourself and prove me wrong. Shoot me down and I will offer you my sincerest and humblest apologies, that I promise you.

I hasten to add that I haven't been abusive or nasty, sarcastic maybe (just a little) but not nasty. If you would just take on a little of what we as a group say then it will all be worth it because I have been one of those posters avoiding the site, somewhat, because I'm fed up with your constant griping, it's not even close to being constructive.

Ball's in your court.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 18:40

So, Lought perhaps you ought to explain the random picture of a sheep. Pretty explanatory to me though. I notice Vis followed it with picture of plank? How apt. If I am a sheep then so must all the others be who don't agree with you. So we have board which is pretty much 99 percent sheep you must feel so high and mighty being the only one on here with any intelligence PMSL.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Fri Jan 27 2012, 21:35

Baz dont worry about the sheep think Lought is getting very turned on at the thought of his ultimate 3some hes already posted enough Pavy pics so the sheep is in on his fantasy and something has to keep him warm after Pav has left something nice and wooly Baaaavlychenko lol!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Jan 27 2012, 22:19

did he mean to miss it - Page 4 348204 Mark.

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28 2012, 03:32

hold on. just because some people dont agree with me dont mean im wrong. just as it dont mean your right.

all i said was defoe missed a sitter and he did. some players on here seem to be expempt from crictissium. ade great hold up play but hes shootin is woefull.

ion at some point you have had arguments with everyone just like i have. now your trying to get people on your side wich is sad.

i know vis lee dj dont agree with me on this occasion but i know if they did agree with me they would say so. I think you would aswell.

the sheep joke was a cheap joke. i seen enough little digs at me recently now im gettin slatted for having one back..

a few months back baz stuck up for me and said i can post what i want as you go on other boards and you get far worse from spurs fans.

but how comes its these sort of post that get people posting.
    if you scroll down the forum you will find so many good post from me and everyone that gets ignored.

things would be so boring if everyone agress with everyone
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sat Jan 28 2012, 04:12

People arent having a go at you cause we think we r right and your wrong of course your entitled to your opinion like everybody else is but its you constant nit picking of players what is my gripe yes Adebayor shooting can be woeful but we r winning isnt that what counts ? and playing well most games everybody gets p*ssed off with certain players sometimes but you seem to be at it all the time. We all support the same team on this forum but sometimes it seems u dont. We need to get behind all the team yes we all have fav players and if we r playing sh*t say god they was shocking today if they was but not the harsh treatment u give them

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28 2012, 04:58

i do praise spurs players when they do well

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28 2012, 05:07

IONMAN i didnt get banned on the seven sisters banter page because of football reasons. i had an opinion on gary speed but a few women on there didnt agree and then all the guys that suck up to women on there started ganging up on me.

i belong to 4 others pages 2 of wich are good because you can say what you want aslong as its not raciest jokes and voilent threats.

HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Jan 28 2012, 05:12

Lought you dont have to tell me about Ade, yeah his hold up play is good and yeah his shooting of late.Am his biggest critic there is something about him i just carnt take to him, dont know if its the Arsenal thing but i just carnt seem to take to him. And by the way CHEER THE f*ck UP WERE 3RD MAN FOR GOD SAKE!!
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Jan 28 2012, 08:46

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]hold on. just because some people dont agree with me dont mean im wrong. just as it dont mean your right.

Never said it did. But when 99% of everyone else disagrees with you, and proof is put up that you are wrong ............. it means that YOU ARE WRONG. Your trouble is that you ignore that and, as I stated earlier, carry on with the same tired diatribe that just got minced. It is at that point that you P*ss just about everybody off.

all i said was defoe missed a sitter and he did. some players on here seem to be expempt from crictissium.

Like Pav?

You said more than he just missed a sitter too, you questioned his honesty, suggesting that he did it on purpose. That isn't criticism, that's tantamount to an accusation of him throwing the game.

ade great hold up play but hes shootin is woefull.

WTF has he to do with this? Quit trying to shift the focus.

ion at some point you have had arguments with everyone just like i have. now your trying to get people on your side wich is sad.

Oh f*ck off Lought. If all the years you've been on here haven't taught you that I don't give a flying f*ck what I'm thought of then it shows your complete lack of ability to learn the simplest thing. I argue until proven right or wrong. The fact that I've gotten into barneys with Vis, Lobo, yourself, Dave, Nic and Lew should be proof enough that 'being popular' isn't high on my list of priorities. The fact that the mutual respect is still there should tell you that this is because I don't talk bollox.

i know vis lee dj dont agree with me on this occasion but i know if they did agree with me they would say so. I think you would aswell.

And I have done when I feel you're right. I've even defended you and backed you up with argument of my own when I thought you right, as have others. Now this really should ring a bell with you. All those people who, at one stage or another, have backed your argument disagree with you, en masse, and you STILL think they are all wrong, then accuse them of being Sheep or 'sucking up'. This is nothing more than a childish mentality refusing to accept when you are wrong. Stubborn petulance springs to mind.

the sheep joke was a cheap joke. i seen enough little digs at me recently now im gettin slatted for having one back..

You have been slated because you simply will not listen or accept that you are wrong. We have ALL tried to reason with you but you ignore reason. When it gets to that point then you will be criticised and rightly so. Yours was a cheap dig at one person that you singled out and, IMO, an apology is meritted.

a few months back baz stuck up for me and said i can post what i want as you go on other boards and you get far worse from spurs fans.

That doesn't mean you go out of your way to wind everyone up! Listen mate, you do well with picking topics for us to chew over and you are most definitely entitled to your opinion on it, but being the first to post that opinion doesn't mean you are right. First in is definately not best dressed here.

I'll make a suggestion to you, treat this, and every other board, as educational. You have access to thousands of fans with varied knowledge of the game and life in general. There is a diversity of age and experience on the Net, you just need to develop the ability to sort the Wheat from the chaff or, in laymans terms, who's talking sense and who's talking bollox. But the most important thing you need is an open mind, without that you will never learn a thing. Have your opinion by all means, but allow yourself the opportunity to accept that your opinion just may be miles wide of the mark. If an argument is put up that affirms your opinion then all well and good, but if another comes along that offers just as compelling an argument against then you need to assimilate that information and MAKE UP YOUR OWN MIND. On that I really don't have a doubt that you'll have a problem as I think you feel it is important to be your own man. This is a good thing, but it can be taken too far and prevent you from expanding your horizons.

Basically what I am saying is don't blank out a counterargument until you give yourself the opportunity to absorb all of the information, and reach a considered conclusion from seeing both sides rather than one.

but how comes its these sort of post that get people posting.

Look at the content. It is controversial and that got people indignant, causing them to argue against your question. You then turned a question into an assertion and refused to back down from it until your motives were questioned and your affiliations too. A good OP poses the question then asks further questions of those that answer to keep the ball rolling. You do the first part well, but after that you are not interested in any counterargument, you are just looking for agreement. As we have seen all too often, one person in agreement is all you need to cast your mind in stone, no matter how many cast Iron arguments against your assertion are put forward.

if you scroll down the forum you will find so many good post from me and everyone that gets ignored.

No they are not ignored, they are answered. It is very difficult to debate a point when someone puts an argument forward that everyone agrees with, what is there to debate? It has no bearing on the question, which may well have been a very good one, but it bears mightily on the answers. What do you want to see, one good answer followed by 5 pages of 'good post, couldn't agree more', or some halfwit arguing for the sake of it so that the same answer is rehashed over and over again to no effect? That's not debate, that's trolling.

things would be so boring if everyone agress with everyone

Yes they would, but that doesn't mean that the disagreement is right, particularly if PROVEN wrong, or at least an argument is put forward that cannot be refuted. That is the entire point of argument Lought, not to fight but to convince others that your opinion is correct. Argument isn't fighting, it is supposed to be intellectually stimulating with a view to being enlightening. Enlightenment only comes if your mind is open enough to accept new ideas and to accept that yours may just be wrong.

It is this that I have been trying to get across to you for years now, this and the fact that you really don't stop to think before you post at times. You post on whims that are fairly easy pickings for a considered argument then force the argument to spiral out of control with your intractability. Believe me, I personally wouldn't think any less of you were you to admit you were wrong when proven so. If anything my estimation of you would go sky high, knowing that you had opened your mind up to other possibilities. We already accept when you are right and, as said previously, will back you up every time when you are.

OK, I've said my piece now. All of the above comes from a friend Lought. As exasperated as I get with you, I still think you have a heart of Gold which is why I really want you to take this on board. If I didn't like you I wouldn't bother. As I said in my previous post, the ball is in your court.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 23:09