The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
ionman34
shearspur
HotspurRoper
djfitzo
anicoll5
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by seebee1944 Thu Mar 01 2012, 02:20

Point taken Arnie but I'm still not sure Loughton had humour on his mind.

Morinho is not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy, now thats humour.

Subject closed as far as I'm concerned.

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 5 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 06:19

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Every manager has his favourites. Don't know why you've got him as your Avatar. I very much doubt he's coming to us. I should think David Moyes is the favourite.

You Baz , the likes of Seebee and Dave, are old school footy fans... Lought on the other hand has the Mourhino avatar because we're now in the Rupert Murdoch Sky Sports Premeirship years .. Things are viewed differently nowadays, thanks to media indoctrination where plastic is the word to describe the modern fan... The plastic fan is many things that the old school crowd find repugnant, where displays of loyalty are only on view when the going is good .

The gooner fan this past month have been the perfect example.. Like you know , I'm in contact with many gooners , in extended family, friends and acquaintances and recently I have seen the plastic amongst them , rear its head like never before . From league wins against Blackburn , Sunderland, to the defeats against Milan and Sunderland, the plastic has been displayed.

On Sunday I were with the families, we all sat there watching the game . As, Ade stroked home the penalty, the gooner brother-in-law got up off his seat and left the room mumbling, 'I'm not watching this pile of shite, its going to be 5-0" ... In fact, even at the Emirates, apparently some gooners left their seats around the same time, whilst mouthing off at Wenger , Walcott and co . Gooner forums on the internet were also in meltdown , yet by half-time their mood had changed to optimism . A further forty-five minutes later, they were now world beaters . Check some gooner forums , lizzies too ...The likes of Burger and others, not our Nic it has to be said , have recently turned on Wenger wanting him out ..

Loughtan's avatar is there because we lost 5-2, had we won 5-2 it wouldn't be there, its that simple ..
    I treat this plastic show of support with scorn but I also find myself laughing at it for what is, typical plastic humour . Might I suggest we all do the same.

Plastic fans ? Whatever . . . . .

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:38

Morinho is not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy, now thats humour.

Try telling that to real madrid fans. hes gone there and said he always does hes best work in hes second season and guess what hes true to hes word and they scored more goals then barce

Loughtan's avatar is there because we lost 5-2, had we won 5-2 it wouldn't be there, its that simple ..

jose a better manager its that simple.
    harry got sacked from west ham
    went to portsmouth and got them relegated then went to southampton and claimed he didnt kno they was rivals then gets them relegated
    then goes back to portsmouth and buys loads of players which be brought and go in to adminstration then walks out on them

cba to list jose honors.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01 2012, 10:41

Lought I know a guy who works at Charlton (Parkers 1st club) and he has said that Scotty & his family are Spurs to the bone

i know for a fact then he was at newcastle he refused to train when chelsea came in for him. this was the second time we also put a bid in for him and again turned us down.
    spurs to the bone lol
    he ignored us the first time to go to newcastle cos of more money
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 01 2012, 20:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:Morinho is not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy, now thats humour.

Try telling that to real madrid fans. hes gone there and said he always does hes best work in hes second season and guess what hes true to hes word and they scored more goals then barce

harry got sacked from west ham
    went to portsmouth and got them relegated then went to southampton and claimed he didnt kno they was rivals then gets them relegated
    then goes back to portsmouth and buys loads of players which be brought and go in to adminstration then walks out on them

cba to list jose honors.

wtf has what Harry done before got to do with it? its what he is doing now and we are 3rd with 7 points to spare.

we have done this so many times, the "special one" has either inherited very good teams or had the money to buy superstars.

now according to you, most of our players are not good enough, so he will have to buy and Levy will not give him the kind of money he is used to.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu Mar 01 2012, 21:43

Lought the one thing you do not know for a "fact" is that when Parker was at Newcastle and Chelsea came in for him that he refused to train.

Chelsea sold him to Newcastle ffs

Until Parker turned up at WH and started to play regular football for the first time since leaving Charlton he was a non-entity in English football. Since the he has done well.

What club he supports, or does not support, or ever did support, is irrelevant. It is what he does when the whistle blows that counts

Beware badge kissers

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 03:26

Oh sorry I meant when he was at Charlton

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 03:27

Dj just like you didn't mention all the big games we lost this season
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 02 2012, 03:39

Loughtonlegend wrote:Dj just like you didn't mention all the big games we lost this season

Sidewinder, nobody other than you brought that up.

My reply was to "after we get beat by Manu on Sunday (nothing like a bit support from their number one fan) Harry would have lost every big game and I pointed out the BIG games that we didnt lose in, so Harry wouldnt have lost EVERY big game.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 02 2012, 04:53

VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Every manager has his favourites. Don't know why you've got him as your Avatar. I very much doubt he's coming to us. I should think David Moyes is the favourite.

You Baz , the likes of Seebee and Dave, are old school footy fans... Lought on the other hand has the Mourhino avatar because we're now in the Rupert Murdoch Sky Sports Premeirship years .. Things are viewed differently nowadays, thanks to media indoctrination where plastic is the word to describe the modern fan... The plastic fan is many things that the old school crowd find repugnant, where displays of loyalty are only on view when the going is good .

The gooner fan this past month have been the perfect example.. Like you know , I'm in contact with many gooners , in extended family, friends and acquaintances and recently I have seen the plastic amongst them , rear its head like never before . From league wins against Blackburn , Sunderland, to the defeats against Milan and Sunderland, the plastic has been displayed.

On Sunday I were with the families, we all sat there watching the game . As, Ade stroked home the penalty, the gooner brother-in-law got up off his seat and left the room mumbling, 'I'm not watching this pile of shite, its going to be 5-0" ... In fact, even at the Emirates, apparently some gooners left their seats around the same time, whilst mouthing off at Wenger , Walcott and co . Gooner forums on the internet were also in meltdown , yet by half-time their mood had changed to optimism . A further forty-five minutes later, they were now world beaters . Check some gooner forums , lizzies too ...The likes of Burger and others, not our Nic it has to be said , have recently turned on Wenger wanting him out ..

I treat this plastic show of support with scorn but I also find myself laughing at it for what is, typical plastic humour . Might I suggest we all do the same.

Ahhh, I see a pattern emerging now ....

A two pronged pop.

For an easier understanding. Plastic is fairweather, it can also be fickle , glory-hunting.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is the best left-back in the premeirship versus Everton , a few games later, Benoit Assou-Ekotto is not fit to wear the Spurs shirt versus Arsanal.

In the age where money has taken over the game , where little loyalty is shown by managers and players alike, why the suprise that many of the fans show similar?

Welcome to the Zeitgeist!
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Mar 02 2012, 05:01

Lought ... I'm actually with you , defending your right to post your opinions and display whatever avatar you wish, within the forum rules of course ...

I've actually seen the same avatar being used by other Spurs fans on a couple of other other forums. I also saw from a poster who is anti Harry, sporting a Gus Hiddink avatar. In all these cases, I've not seen a reaction to them, only here.

Yes we all know Jose's stats are better than Harry's but going by your reasoning , I'm sure you know Robin Van Persie to be a better striker than Adybayour , would you have RVP avatar?
    By your logic its a possibility ...

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Fri Mar 02 2012, 05:09

Part of the problem of fans booing players is that if you are a "loyal" fan nowadays you have to have a season ticket - you are tied in and have "paid your money" and there is no escape.

In days of old the number of season tickets as a proportion of the crowd was tiny - and when the disgruntled fan was p*ssed off at the team ( and we all fall out sometine) he had the option of simply not turning up and paying his cash at the turnstile for a few weeks while he waited for his range to burn out ( or not)

Now he goes, he is angry, he boos - Nowadays he is chained like Sisyphus to the rock drunken

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02 2012, 10:16

ok all the big games away this season we have not won one.

i never said ekotto the best left back. he has games that make you want to scratch your hair out with hes desesion making sometimes

but he dont get no protection from bale anymore since bale moved inside
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Fri Mar 02 2012, 20:08

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

A two pronged pop.

For an easier understanding. Plastic is fairweather, it can also be fickle , glory-hunting.

Benoit Assou-Ekotto is the best left-back in the premeirship versus Everton , a few games later, Benoit Assou-Ekotto is not fit to wear the Spurs shirt versus Arsanal.

In the age where money has taken over the game , where little loyalty is shown by managers and players alike, why the suprise that many of the fans show similar?

Arnie, if you look back at my posts long before the Everton game, ive always maintained the same opinion of Benny, world class or Sunday league, never any middle ground, regardless of Bale helping him out, he was nowhere near his own 18 year area for Walnuts two goals and his hooked clearance straight to Van Persil for the equalizer was not good enough. I even commented on Bale and that you can only play him through the middle against weaker opposition or when we are out of sight of teams. On both of those I never mentioned once about getting rid, but realising both players weaknesses, something Harry should know by now.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Mar 03 2012, 05:35

djfitzo wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    VisionarySound wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:

A two pronged pop.

Arnie, if you look back at my posts long before the Everton game, ive always maintained the same opinion of Benny, world class or Sunday league, never any middle ground, regardless of Bale helping him out, he was nowhere near his own 18 year area for Walnuts two goals and his hooked clearance straight to Van Persil for the equalizer was not good enough. I even commented on Bale and that you can only play him through the middle against weaker opposition or when we are out of sight of teams. On both of those I never mentioned once about getting rid, but realising both players weaknesses, something Harry should know by now.

Dave I was trying to explain to Vis how some things are perceived in the game by some fans and not aimed at anyone here in particular.

The thing about Benny was my mistake as I should've preceded it with , for example...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:37