The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
ionman34
shearspur
HotspurRoper
djfitzo
anicoll5
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 28 2012, 08:54

anicoll5 wrote:This bloke knows his onions;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/26/arsenal-5-2-tottenham-arsenal-complete-an-amazing-comeback/

Good summary ....

I suppose a little more about the arrogance and ineptitude on our part could've been written, but its near enough all there...

Oh and congrats Nic on your teams win...I doubt you were one of those who walked out on your team at 2-0 and went looking for the cat...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 4 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 28 2012, 09:27

djfitzo wrote:
    anicoll5 wrote:This bloke knows his onions;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/26/arsenal-5-2-tottenham-arsenal-complete-an-amazing-comeback/

This is supposed to be what our manager knows, so most of the time I guess its down to the small brained football player to make the decisions, because I cant believe Harry would have sent them out to play like that.

The manager has to take his share of the blame , DJ ..

All week, I've been reading/hearing that 4-4-2 , the same team that destroyed Newcastle with great pass and move football would get us the points at The Emirates . I wasn't so sure and would've gladly taken the draw if offered pre-match, only to hear that we will smash them , we're on another level to them , we're by far the superior team and to take a point before kick-off is not the Tottenham way . Yawn fecking yawn and here's me, all these years hating the Gooner arrogance . Perhaps its just banter on our part but no, it wasn't, it was genuine belief by many of my fellow Yids, that we're the better team because the 10 point gap says it we're...

I think Harry was poor on Sunday with his selection ...Only recently he was happy to state on national TV that he made adjustments to our team and formation away to Stevanage but against the Goons , yeah same team that mesmerized the Toon why not ..

The back line on the left was clearly ill ... Ledders was making me cry with how slow he was moving and, Benny after his recent groin operation, in the second half just wasn't capable of tracking back. On the right side we had a young right-back who's struggled for form of late so Harry offers him Niko Kranjcar as protection ..
    The midfield was a shambles . Ive been saying it for weeks now . It's got no discipline in its positioning and when we've lost possession there have been times our opponents could've made us pay but we got away with it, unlike yesterday..

Compare us with the Goons yesterday where Song sat behind Rosicky, Benyyoun, Arteta , RVP and Walcott ..
    Can someone define for me what Parker's role is and whilst your at it go tell Modric lol.. We have Bale leaving the left side goming inwards , that's okay at the right times, I have no problem with that, but a disciplined defensive midfielder will make adjustments for that , same as when Kranjcar does it from the other wing. We had nothing of that yesterday, no one was covering for anyone .. It was poor defending all over the pitch ..

One to put to bed I guess and look on forwards ..Massive next week and we expect a response ...

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 28 2012, 19:54

Problem is with allowing his players to play with freedom, is you lose the discipline, you shouldnt, but you do. Player management is a two way street, you still have to have respect. One thing i do agree with Lought, is not so much Harry has his favourites, because VDV's stats still measure up, is his wanting to be their mates and not their gaffer. Play with freedom if your already 2 and 3 nil up, but not have the other team create numerous chances like Arsenal did. I dont think it was so much fitness with Benny Arnie, because Walker still managed to get back even with a dodgy angle, when Benny loses his mind defensively, he is shocking. Now looking forward and its seems Harry will go in the summer and although I would like Mourinho, I still dont think we will get him. Now I know a lot have people have voiced their concerns over David Moyes, that like Harry has perfomed miracles with no money, so like Harry what could he do with what Harry has been given? he has the respect of the players, can you ever tell me of an Everton player moaning to the press? His teams play good football and are sound defensively. If we can get back on track and with our run in, i see 3rd still as well within us. We can that then we have Caulker and naughton back from loan, add possibly Hazard and Jan Vertonghen and with that squad and Champs league football, what could a lot of managers do?

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Feb 28 2012, 20:41

My point about not blaming Harry was not about team selection which you may not agree with but that the players on the pitch let him down with terrible performances. The defence went missing for all of Arsenals goals and the onl;y one with any credit was Friedel. The midfield was overwhelmed and Parker made so many late tackles it seemed like his objective was to get sent off. The only one to achieve what he set out to do.

As I said before it is now imperative to beat Man U or more pressure will make our position vunerable.

Oh one more thing, we don't want Harry to go allegedly but one of our throng is now using an avatar of another manager and I for one don't want to see smug mug on here. To paraphrase Keith Burkinshaw this used to be a Spurs board.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 28 2012, 21:39

seebee1944 wrote:

My point about not blaming Harry was not about team selection which you may not agree with but that the players on the pitch let him down with terrible performances. The defence went missing for all of Arsenals goals and the onl;y one with any credit was Friedel. The midfield was overwhelmed and Parker made so many late tackles it seemed like his objective was to get sent off. The only one to achieve what he set out to do.

As I said before it is now imperative to beat Man U or more pressure will make our position vunerable.

Oh one more thing, we don't want Harry to go allegedly but one of our throng is now using an avatar of another manager and I for one don't want to see smug mug on here. To paraphrase Keith Burkinshaw this used to be a Spurs board.

TBH ive put cases forward for both.

Do the players see Harry more as a mate than a gaffer?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:49

ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:From our very own Nic's Goon forum ..
    The miserable Goons are shatting themselves

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/bolton-wanderers-fc/1211614-bolton-wanderers-loanee-miyaichi-admits-atmosphere-%E2%80%98incredibly-tense%E2%80%99-at-arsenal.html

Couldn't read the article Arnie. For some reason my eyeballs spent all their time tracking the hot Filipino chicks!

And no, I didn't see a single Adams apple either!

I not got a clue what you're on about Ion Question Smile .... All I know is , apparently to much and you'll go blind Cool
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Feb 28 2012, 23:51

DJSR wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote: shit

DJ ,,,the sh*t emotion dont work for me ...is there a problem with it ? lol

Its probably because the word is censored, so the code is messed up lol! i'll try and fix it.

EDIT: Sorted afro

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

cheers DJ sir ...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:02

anicoll5 wrote:From my Goons Forum ? Never heard of it Arnie but I'll be hanging a few by their black snoods before the Sun sets

The link was from your Lizzie's Goon Forum ....You're a member there ain't you ?

I sometimes pop over there for a read and I did actually try to log a username but after doing the required, it wouldn't let me in .... I've then used the forgotten password option so as to receive an email with my details , but I got nothing in reply ... Perhaps I should've used another email addy rather than my Spurs one and not used my Arnie name either ...

Anyway, I wanted to log on and balance things up with a couple of Yids there, who were slagging this forum off with their Gooner mates...I think Lizzie suspected this was my motive for signing in and hence her refusal to let me in ..

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:13

I doubt there is any deliberate effort to keep you out Arnie Max Lought and Baz post regularly

I'll bring it to their attention

The Myaichi story I had not read but it does seem a bit thin
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:18

djfitzo wrote:Problem is with allowing his players to play with freedom, is you lose the discipline, you shouldnt, but you do. Player management is a two way street, you still have to have respect. One thing i do agree with Lought, is not so much Harry has his favourites, because VDV's stats still measure up, is his wanting to be their mates and not their gaffer. Play with freedom if your already 2 and 3 nil up, but not have the other team create numerous chances like Arsenal did. I dont think it was so much fitness with Benny Arnie, because Walker still managed to get back even with a dodgy angle, when Benny loses his mind defensively, he is shocking. Now looking forward and its seems Harry will go in the summer and although I would like Mourinho, I still dont think we will get him. Now I know a lot have people have voiced their concerns over David Moyes, that like Harry has perfomed miracles with no money, so like Harry what could he do with what Harry has been given? he has the respect of the players, can you ever tell me of an Everton player moaning to the press? His teams play good football and are sound defensively. If we can get back on track and with our run in, i see 3rd still as well within us. We can that then we have Caulker and naughton back from loan, add possibly Hazard and Jan Vertonghen and with that squad and Champs league football, what could a lot of managers do?

Yep, I hear you that sometimes Benny loses his mind defensively ... But a minor groin operation, whatever that is, is still going to slow you up and last thing you need is Walcott and Sagna running at you and you're not getting any cover...

I think who our next manager will be should Harry leave us at the end of the season will be down to whether we've made CL or not ..
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:19

anicoll5 wrote: I doubt there is any deliberate effort to keep you out Arnie Max Lought and Baz post regularly

I'll bring it to their attention

The Myaichi story I had not read but it does seem a bit thin

Cheers Nic ...

Last edited by ArnieArdiles on Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:22; edited 1 time in total
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:22

seebee1944 wrote:

Wouldnt let it get to you Seebee ...Its just a bit of humour by Loughtan ...
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 29 2012, 00:58

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:Problem is with allowing his players to play with freedom, is you lose the discipline, you shouldnt, but you do. Player management is a two way street, you still have to have respect. One thing i do agree with Lought, is not so much Harry has his favourites, because VDV's stats still measure up, is his wanting to be their mates and not their gaffer. Play with freedom if your already 2 and 3 nil up, but not have the other team create numerous chances like Arsenal did. I dont think it was so much fitness with Benny Arnie, because Walker still managed to get back even with a dodgy angle, when Benny loses his mind defensively, he is shocking. Now looking forward and its seems Harry will go in the summer and although I would like Mourinho, I still dont think we will get him. Now I know a lot have people have voiced their concerns over David Moyes, that like Harry has perfomed miracles with no money, so like Harry what could he do with what Harry has been given? he has the respect of the players, can you ever tell me of an Everton player moaning to the press? His teams play good football and are sound defensively. If we can get back on track and with our run in, i see 3rd still as well within us. We can that then we have Caulker and naughton back from loan, add possibly Hazard and Jan Vertonghen and with that squad and Champs league football, what could a lot of managers do?

Yep, I hear you that sometimes Benny loses his mind defensively ... But a minor groin operation, whatever that is, is still going to slow you up and last thing you need is Walcott and Sagna running at you and you're not getting any cover...

I think who our next manager will be should Harry leave us at the end of the season will be down to whether we've made CL or not ..

Again Arnie, its about making the right decisions, he got caught way upfield trying to support the attack to get us back into the game, now if his feeling his groin a bit, stay back and let the attackers try to get us back into it, I mean Bale was practically having tea with their keeper most of the game!!

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 06:12

1 why does it matter what my pic is off
    2 parker is good at the holding midfeilder role. he hardly scores or get assits. so why when sandro and jake play is it that harry has parker as the guy that is meant to push forward.

3 harry sat there in the dugout during that second half and hes experssion was that oh its not my fault.

our most inportant game of the season and he gets it wrong big time. in fact if we lose to man u wich im sure we will then harry would of lost every big game this season.

4 lennon was our best player when he came on aganst stevenage. even a gooner said when he saw team sheet and lennon wernt starting he thought they would win.

arsenal left back is a kid whos injury prone. yet lennon would of scared the life out of him but dont get on.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 06:15

you can tell harrys mind is elswhere.

vdv needs to stay away from the team and get fit.
    then come in late in a game as a sub and get hes match fitness back.

and whats the point starting 442 aganst the goons if we didnt use the wings. 442 with lennon and bale would of made sence. hardly rocket science.

now people are saying king look tired
    wft hes had 2 weeks off.

arsenal had so many players out they started yossi who cant even get off the bench to play.

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 06:23

oh and parker and harry are both arsenal fans
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:03

Parker and all his family are spurs

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:26

i used to think he was a spurs fan but o ther people have said since hes a lifelong gooner.

maybe thats why he turned us down twice before

jake is a yid though

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 07:40

Lought I know a guy who works at Charlton (Parkers 1st club) and he has said that Scotty & his family are Spurs to the bone. That mate was a cheap, sulky, school boy jibe at a player who has made a huge difference to us this season. No need . . . finger3 . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 29 2012, 09:55

Loughtonlegend wrote:1 why does it matter what my pic is off
    2 parker is good at the holding midfeilder role. he hardly scores or get assits. so why when sandro and jake play is it that harry has parker as the guy that is meant to push forward.

3 harry sat there in the dugout during that second half and hes experssion was that oh its not my fault.

our most inportant game of the season and he gets it wrong big time. in fact if we lose to man u wich im sure we will then harry would of lost every big game this season.

4 lennon was our best player when he came on aganst stevenage. even a gooner said when he saw team sheet and lennon wernt starting he thought they would win.

arsenal left back is a kid whos injury prone. yet lennon would of scared the life out of him but dont get on.
    spurs 4. Pool 0. Spurs 2. Arsenal 1. Liverpool 0. Spurs 0. Spurs 1. Chelsea 1. Not big games? We was 10 points clear of arsenal so no it was not our most important game of the season and I can understand why some spurs fans on here would be uncomfortable with you having a mourinho avatar when we have a manager that's rescued us and got us to our best position for many years

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29 2012, 10:30

man c 5 spurs 1
    arsenal 5 spurs 2
    man u reserves 3 spurs 0
    chelsea tbc
    liverpool a hard fought draw

harry has hes favorites
    whenever things aint going well its lennon and kranker that are the fall guys

never bale or ade or vdv
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Feb 29 2012, 11:41

Every manager has his favourites. Don't know why you've got him as your Avatar. I very much doubt he's coming to us. I should think David Moyes is the favourite.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Wed Feb 29 2012, 21:07

Loughtonlegend wrote:man c 5 spurs 1
    arsenal 5 spurs 2
    man u reserves 3 spurs 0
    chelsea tbc
    liverpool a hard fought draw

harry has hes favorites
    whenever things aint going well its lennon and kranker that are the fall guys

never bale or ade or vdv

So to suit your argument you discount the BIG games that I have mentioned?

Your never happy unless you are moaning about something, when we win its because the other team didnt turn up or they had this player missing or this suspension, why does it hurt so much to give Harry any credit at all for what he has done for us?

You said Harry would have lost ALL the BIG games, I posted good results in BIG games that proved you wrong.

Also Newcastle are vying for 4th spot and we drew at theirs and walloped them 5-0 at ours, they not BIG games either?

We will not get Mourinho and even if we did, it will be no guarantee of success.

Do you remember Manure taking a chance on a dour Scotsman? now the most successful team in prem history, could Moyes do the same for us?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed Feb 29 2012, 23:06

BazSpur wrote:Every manager has his favourites. Don't know why you've got him as your Avatar. I very much doubt he's coming to us. I should think David Moyes is the favourite.

You Baz , the likes of Seebee and Dave, are old school footy fans... Lought on the other hand has the Mourhino avatar because we're now in the Rupert Murdoch Sky Sports Premeirship years .. Things are viewed differently nowadays, thanks to media indoctrination where plastic is the word to describe the modern fan... The plastic fan is many things that the old school crowd find repugnant, where displays of loyalty are only on view when the going is good .

The gooner fan this past month have been the perfect example.. Like you know , I'm in contact with many gooners , in extended family, friends and acquaintances and recently I have seen the plastic amongst them , rear its head like never before . From league wins against Blackburn , Sunderland, to the defeats against Milan and Sunderland, the plastic has been displayed.

On Sunday I were with the families, we all sat there watching the game . As, Ade stroked home the penalty, the gooner brother-in-law got up off his seat and left the room mumbling, 'I'm not watching this pile of shite, its going to be 5-0" ... In fact, even at the Emirates, apparently some gooners left their seats around the same time, whilst mouthing off at Wenger , Walcott and co . Gooner forums on the internet were also in meltdown , yet by half-time their mood had changed to optimism . A further forty-five minutes later, they were now world beaters . Check some gooner forums , lizzies too ...The likes of Burger and others, not our Nic it has to be said , have recently turned on Wenger wanting him out ..

Loughtan's avatar is there because we lost 5-2, had we won 5-2 it wouldn't be there, its that simple ..
    I treat this plastic show of support with scorn but I also find myself laughing at it for what is, typical plastic humour . Might I suggest we all do the same.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Mar 01 2012, 00:58

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Every manager has his favourites. Don't know why you've got him as your Avatar. I very much doubt he's coming to us. I should think David Moyes is the favourite.

You Baz , the likes of Seebee and Dave, are old school footy fans... Lought on the other hand has the Mourhino avatar because we're now in the Rupert Murdoch Sky Sports Premeirship years .. Things are viewed differently nowadays, thanks to media indoctrination where plastic is the word to describe the modern fan... The plastic fan is many things that the old school crowd find repugnant, where displays of loyalty are only on view when the going is good .

The gooner fan this past month have been the perfect example.. Like you know , I'm in contact with many gooners , in extended family, friends and acquaintances and recently I have seen the plastic amongst them , rear its head like never before . From league wins against Blackburn , Sunderland, to the defeats against Milan and Sunderland, the plastic has been displayed.

On Sunday I were with the families, we all sat there watching the game . As, Ade stroked home the penalty, the gooner brother-in-law got up off his seat and left the room mumbling, 'I'm not watching this pile of shite, its going to be 5-0" ... In fact, even at the Emirates, apparently some gooners left their seats around the same time, whilst mouthing off at Wenger , Walcott and co . Gooner forums on the internet were also in meltdown , yet by half-time their mood had changed to optimism . A further forty-five minutes later, they were now world beaters . Check some gooner forums , lizzies too ...The likes of Burger and others, not our Nic it has to be said , have recently turned on Wenger wanting him out ..

Loughtan's avatar is there because we lost 5-2, had we won 5-2 it wouldn't be there, its that simple ..
    I treat this plastic show of support with scorn but I also find myself laughing at it for what is, typical plastic humour . Might I suggest we all do the same.

Exactly Arnie, i've been a supporter for over 40 years and I have seen some terrible Spurs teams in that time and truduged away from the lane after 6 nil spankings by Chelksi, kids of today, dont know their born eh!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 22:16