The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
ionman34
shearspur
HotspurRoper
djfitzo
anicoll5
BazSpur
ArnieArdiles
11 posters

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:13

I believe the technical term is a good "doing"

I see I was right on the low scoring game prediction. Smile

Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT - Page 3 Empty Re: Woolwich Gooners versus Tottenham Hotspur OMT

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:25

Certainly was a good doing nic.
    Load of Bollox really, i just reckon it didnt do us any good being expected to win against you.
    We are ok being the underdogs, but overawed by the fact we should beat you.
    Still finish above you lot though, of that i have no doubt.
    You were up for the game and we werent.imo....you had so much to prove.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:28

well it begs the f*cking question WHY were we not up for it for christs sake.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:35

God knows shear, we should have attacked the f*ckers all the game, we just didnt compete.
    But i aint getting involved in this , they won and thats that.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 27 2012, 03:39

yeah your right, best to forget this one and move on. dont do to dwell on it .bad news were gonna lose parker v the mancs now though

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:04

because harry is a twat. he couldnt wait to get hes bum boy on.

lennon been our best player of late and what does harry do
    bring on 2 players who been out ages.
    ok i agree with the sandro sub but we was even worse in the secon half

the goon defence wont have had an easyer second half all season

bale offerd ekotto no protecton what so ever and if he had passed when saha was free to make it 3 0 we mite be all happy now.

we had no wingers again. when will harry learn

jose would never have lost like that today.
    if we lose to man u and the goons win then this will be the bigest ever fk up and harry will walk
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:14

Don't blame Harry, this was down to the players. All the defenders had off days except Brad.Parker seemed intent on getting a red card and they seemed to give up after the third went in. It's now imperative that we beat Man U next week and with Everton away and Chelsea away this is the defining time for us.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 27 2012, 04:26

and stoke at home in between, hopefully 3 points.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 05:56

how can you not blame harry. he picked the team.
    he allowed us to play with no width. playing bale in the middle again.

lately the goons cant handle pace. and we didnt use it.
    bale on left lennon on right. keep there full backs back

but what does twitchy do.
    sagna and walcot every time down right aganst ekotto. if bale had played on left then they wouldnt got forward as much.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:11

Gotta say, i didnt recognise the team today. Where was Bale playing? anybody? Should be Bale on the Left, Lennon on the Right. Simple 442. hats whts worked for us all season.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:12

That, Whats.

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 07:25

Guys we made an awful arsenil side look class today. Redknapp sat in his seat looking confused and the players looked like rabbits in the headlights. Total pants . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 27 2012, 08:48

Did the party break up early ?

One odd bit that struck me in the game was Friedel wasting time after Spuds went 2-0 up - about 20 minutes into the game

Is that a tactic or do you reckon he was using his initiative ?

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 08:59

i just cant get over harry not playing lennon. he would of pushed your lot back. this is a future england manager and again hes tactics aganst a good side he comes up missing.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Feb 27 2012, 09:10

" may have caught his trailing leg"

You have to larf

Post by Guest Mon Feb 27 2012, 09:14

there was no reason for vdv ahead of lennon

i new harry would bring on vdv first chance he gets.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Feb 27 2012, 12:15

WTF, I have been fuming all day. I actually agree with Lought here. Why did Harry let Bale move inside again and why did he not play Lennon. We was screaming out for width. VDV coming on f*cked it all up as we went 4.5.1. and our defending for their first 2 goals was woeful. Parker decided he was going to go Kamakaze, the whole thing was a gigantic f*ck up.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Feb 27 2012, 17:38

because harry is a twat. he couldnt wait to get hes bum boy on.

Dont be so childish, we are all hurting Lought, but you pick the same players every time. Yes Bale could have offered Ekotto more protection, but here we got the Sunday league Benny, why all the fancy overhead clearance that fell straight to Van Persie to make it 2-2? where was he for both of Walcotts goals and Sagna'a header? at the end of the day, he is a left back and for all Gibbs failings more often than not he is in position.
    Anyhoo Gooners go to Pool over confident and our players come in to training this morning and will get an almighty bollocking from Harry. Expect to see Lennon against Evra, he always has a good game against him and remember, Goonies and Chelski still have to win 3 more games than us to overtake us.

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:01

Tactics and team saelection played a big part in our defeat so Harry has to take a lot of the blame but a few players came up a lot short today and were found out under pressure. Ekotto had another one of his cavalier days when anything goes and he has to many of them for me.I was also dissapointed in Walker, today it was just head down and run anywhere.Adybyyor had another ordinary game his first touch is woeful bounces off him straight to the opposition.

If the gooners can do this to us I worry about the result against Utd and with the games coming up we could be in 5th place within 4 games and then Harry will definately walk.

But I hope it's just a one off blip and the players havent been believing all the hype that's been written about them.

Mikey M
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Feb 27 2012, 23:09

i dont worry to much about the utd game,were a different prospect at home.yesterday was a bad day with to many players not performing as they can, the worst thing to happen was going 2 up so quickly imo, it took all the passion out of us and gave the impotus to them to fight harder. ridiculous i know, but thats how i saw it develop.just the crowd will be well up for it on sunday now and i expect a great performance coming and 3 points and back on track.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:15

just been looking at the fixtures and most from us,a*se,Chelski,Pool have still got to play each other, then sling in some relegation threatened clubs and we are long time dead, meanwhile a*se and Chelski out of 12 games have got to win 3 more then us, tall order. As for yesterday, its like when the Spammers played us, could raise their game, but was poor against everyone else and I expect the Gooners to be the same. Small margins though and two things before it was 2-1, Bale clean through and only had to roll it to Saha and 3-0, then Walker trying to break the net when he had time to control it first and shoot, its down to Harry to sit at the video machine with these guys and go over better options. Its a shame the Internationals are this week, so the lads get off a bollocking this morning.
    Dont forget Gooners and Chelski have Champs League matches to play and a lot can happen during the the International friendlies this week.

anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:20

This bloke knows his onions;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/26/arsenal-5-2-tottenham-arsenal-complete-an-amazing-comeback/
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Feb 28 2012, 00:35

anicoll5 wrote:This bloke knows his onions;

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/02/26/arsenal-5-2-tottenham-arsenal-complete-an-amazing-comeback/

This is supposed to be what our manager knows, so most of the time I guess its down to the small brained football player to make the decisions, because I cant believe Harry would have sent them out to play like that.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 04:11

yea thats true dj. but if they beat liverpool and we do our normal bottling it aganst man u then we wont finnish 3rd.
    all depends if liverpool can get points of them

i hear now vdv is injuird.

Post by Guest Tue Feb 28 2012, 07:36

The major thing that has sickened me is that all of a sudden walnut is "total class" again and a shoo-in for England. FFS even the goner fans slate him but we allow him to come good. The defence should have stamped their authority, as they have all season, when we were 2-0 up but failed to do so. The pain was soon lessoned sitting with a hyper Scouser after watching the CC final. But I'm glad I've been off work today and avoided most of the meeja BSflag after this most embarassing blip . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 21:50