The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
aston v match thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

aston v match thread - Page 5 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
BazSpur
DJSR
anicoll5
LOBO
MarkA249
Maximus
vis
shearspur
12 posters

aston v match thread

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

aston v match thread - Page 5 Empty Re: aston v match thread

Post by shearspur Tue May 08 2012, 05:59

lought you said before you couldnt understand why we bought pienaar now you want him,and you didnt rate bassong.its about balancing the wage bill , if they aint gonna be played loan them out or get shot.all i would say is our buying policy baffles me cos we buy players who then get a few games and are never used again, surely our scouting system is failing somewhere along the line?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 05:59

I forgot the other variation when Spuds get a good result

" the opposition were rubbish"

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 06:01

yes im not keen on pinnar but he can do a job on the left in some games. give bale a rest.

same as bassong and pav. but we play same 11 week in week out .
    maybe we should bring back the reserve leage.
    keep our fringe players freash
    liverpool and man u still have a reserve team
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Tue May 08 2012, 06:13

why keep buying loads of average fringe players when we have a pretty good squad now. lets just save some money on all these types, and spend big on getting two or three top quality players in like a great striker , top central defender and a goalkeeper cos DAD friedel aint gonna go on much longer.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 08 2012, 08:21

BazSpur wrote:PS ... To Nic , Yes I'm moaning, not having
    kittens but I'm moaning and Ive seen this weekend your tribe in its
    element , proper w*nkers...
    I challenge you to name me who you
    consider a decent premeirship manager, who would've played it out the
    same way that Harry did with regards to substitutions in that same
    situation...
    Would Wenger and you would've been happy , yes?
    Stop playing with your rod mate ....

Spot on Arnie. I think we are all getting wise to Nics attempts to go fishing for bites. SAF would have gone for the win as would Wenger, So would most managers in the Prem. So what makes us so different?

Baz,,,Nico disappears from being ever-present on this forum after Goons losing at home to Wigan . Does the same after the draw at home to Norwich and then reappears after our draw with the mighty Villa pc ..

The troll is so obvious avoiding the debate whilst throwing in the sly digs...

Maybe we should hand out some of these Troll repelents to the fellow forum members cyclops

aston v match thread - Page 5 Thumbnail

aston v match thread - Page 5 Thumbnail
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 18:37

Load of crap Arnie - the ones who normally go missing on here are your good selves after a loss

I did not see one posting on here about the Nawridge game

But please feel free to point one out - and I will be more than happy to join in

Generally falls to me to actually get a bit of conversation going on here rather than to read moan after moan after moan

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 20:11

anicoll5 wrote:Load of crap Arnie - the ones who normally go missing on here are your good selves after a loss

But please feel free to point one out - and I will be more than happy to join in

Generally falls to me to actually get a bit of conversation going on here rather than to read moan after moan after moan

https://tottenham-hotspur.forumotion.com/t7137-we-will-never-get-a-better-chance
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 21:03

"We will never get a better chance"

As I said Baz - not a word about the Nawridge game

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 21:08

You need to go to Specsavers Nic lol. There are others too. Not many granted but there are others. More than a word anyway. Stop it mate, you are mugging yourself off lol.

Loughton Legend wrote: i watched the game today and turned it off when they got 3 2 with 5 mins left

norwich should have had 2 pens in the first half

we need to win now and get a few goals in case we need goal differnce
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 21:17

Well I didn't watch the game Baz - incredible I know - but there you are. Watched the Cup Final later.

Did not comment on that game though as far as I recall - did anyone on here ?

What I would have said if I had thought any of the "We will never get a better chance" thread was related to Arsenal v NCFC was to suggest keep silent until 4-00 pm Sunday at which point you can gloat all you want with a win at Villa in the bag.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 21:25

Football supporters mate. Everyone has a view which is as it should be. I make no predictions about this weekend coming Nic except on the predictions forum of course. Who knows what will happen this weekend? So many permutations. If we win we have CL football again that's all I know lol. As per the queen song. It's in the lap of the gods.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 08 2012, 22:05

anicoll5 wrote:Load of crap Arnie - the ones who normally go missing on here are your good selves after a loss

We don't chat much about other games on here and that's a bane Ive had with this forum for some time now ...I tried to get an ongoing other match thread, going but the regulars weren't really into it ....

But that wasn't really my point and you know it. My point was , you're on here , results depending..

You're a Gooner on a Spurs message board telling us, just like Harry has done in the past, that we're all stupid spuds and we got nothing to moan about and we should bow to your expert knowledge on all things football, Spurs included. ...

I suppose I could spend my time debating the Spurs/Villa game with a gooner troll but I can see the facts will not come into it where you're concerned....

I could throw at you that I'm not happy with the way the squad has been developed under Harry and point out my various qualms about it , such as the goalkeeper situation.

I could point out to you for example our corner kick failure ... I can ask , how is it that a team halfway into the season is sitting third in the league but has done so without scoring a goal from a corner assist ? This season we took 125 consecutive corners before we scored a goal from one. On Sunday we were up against a team that has conceded more goals from corner kicks than any other team in the premeirship , yet our 19 corners did not once trouble Shay Given their goalkeeper ... We have a management team that is paid millions annually to improve the players and maximise their potential , yet I don't see it .

I could go on but I feel I've already probably wasted more time with you already as this is not really of interest to you as

A). You're an arrogant gooner , trolling a Spurs message board.

B). You're an arrogant gooner , trolling a Spurs message board.

Smile

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 08 2012, 22:15

Who is forcing you to spend your day with moaners ?

As for you getting the debates on here started lol Why don't you try your debate opener skills on Lizzie's Gooner message board , its not actually like Piccadilly Circus , a hive of activity on there is it ?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 23:11

No one " forcing" me to post on here at all Arnie

Same as you I am free to come and go as I please

I appreciate that you might regard it as beneath you to discuss Spuds or Arry with a non Spud but that is up to you

As for Arry not improving Spuds just remind me Arne

Before February this year when was the last time Spuds were last discussed as challengers - albeit outsiders - for the title ?

Not in Loughts lifetime

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Wed May 09 2012, 00:54

anicoll5 wrote:No one " forcing" me to post on here at all Arnie

Same as you I am free to come and go as I please

I appreciate that you might regard it as beneath you to discuss Spuds or Arry with a non Spud but that is up to you

No, not beneath me , that's your stance . I'm willing to discuss Spurs with non Spurs. I do so with others and have done so with you in the past but from where I'm sitting, it's not debating when every time an opinion is aired or a fact is presented to you , we get nothing in response but that we're moaning ...

As for Arry not improving Spuds just remind me Arne

Before February this year when was the last time Spuds were last discussed as challengers - albeit outsiders - for the title ?

Not in Loughts lifetime

Again , due to a good run of 20 plus or so games, we as Spurs fans are not permitted to air our views on a Spurs message board about our club, without being told we're moaning and in this case by a Goon ...

Never had it so good , know your place Spuds dog2 that's what you mean, isn't it?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed May 09 2012, 02:20

"When I came to this club they had 2 points from 8 games blah, blah, blah." we know Arry, we didn't need telling every time you got in front of a camera. Spot on about the corner situation Arnie. It's woeful, probably the worst in the Prem. It's something that should have been addressed as it's patently obvious Modric and VDV are sh*t at taking corners. I said once before the two wingaers should be taking the corners. After all, they couldn't do any worse........no, really they couldn't do any worse.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu May 10 2012, 08:23

Ok gonna add my tuppenny ha'porth to this. Yup some of Nics posts are fishing and we have the option to take the bait or not. But the regular posters, like Nic, are the lifeblood of the forum and the fishing, & not Nic in this instance but others more outlandish (shall we say) posting is more then compensated for by the thoughtful and intresting posts they make. It also prolongs debate on a subject, helps diversify it in strange yet fascinating directions and helps keep intrest in our lil corner of the web going . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 10 2012, 08:55

Too right some of them are bait

On the other hand quite a lot are not

And the incessant slagging of Arry - for example- brings out the aspect of my character that refuses to see a puppy mistreated

(You know who I mean Lought )
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu May 10 2012, 09:13

brings out the aspect of my character that refuses to see a puppy mistreated aston v match thread - Page 5 738891

Sorry, couldn't resist Nic lol.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 10 2012, 09:15

Quite right Baz - cant bear cruelty to a dumb animal

Or in this case one who claims he can't read or write

Post by Guest Thu May 10 2012, 10:47

harry derserves all he gets. the guy would of took the england job and in my opinion spurs are bigger then england.

i still say harry a very averge manager who just tells the players to get on with it.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Thu May 10 2012, 18:35

Well just to get my contribution in first Arnie for Sunday as the management has arranged a weekend in Southern Europe and I will be missing Sunday you can tick whichever box applies;

1. So much for the change in the balance of power in North London -17 seasons in a row is it ?

2. A great effort and a well deserved 3rd place for Spuds and I hope Bayern are hard at it next week

3. Bloody Europa league - I hate football

No doubt whether it is 1 2 or 3 Arry will still be getting it in the neck

vis
    vis

Post by vis Fri May 11 2012, 07:57

2 or 3 for me thanx Nic . . . . .. .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 11 2012, 09:33

vis wrote:Ok gonna add my tuppenny ha'porth to this. Yup some of Nics posts are fishing and we have the option to take the bait or not. But the regular posters, like Nic, are the lifeblood of the forum and the fishing, & not Nic in this instance but others more outlandish (shall we say) posting is more then compensated for by the thoughtful and intresting posts they make. It also prolongs debate on a subject, helps diversify it in strange yet fascinating directions and helps keep intrest in our lil corner of the web going . . . . .

Yes Vis , Nic is alright for a Goon, but a Goon he is and Goon he will always be. We must never and I do mean ever, forget this! These creatures can be friendly but will not hesitate to strike like a cobra against the Spurs family, when Spurs fans are most vulnerable due to disappointment..

We have to be respectful to the goon( sometimes forum rules feck me off lol )but we also we have to be vigilant! Smile

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri May 11 2012, 09:35

anicoll5 wrote:Too right some of them are bait

On the other hand quite a lot are not

And the incessant slagging of Arry - for example- brings out the aspect of my character that refuses to see a puppy mistreated

(You know who I mean Lought )

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 13:01