The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
aston v match thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

aston v match thread - Page 3 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
BazSpur
DJSR
anicoll5
LOBO
MarkA249
Maximus
vis
shearspur
12 posters

aston v match thread

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

aston v match thread - Page 3 Empty Re: aston v match thread

Post by LOBO Mon May 07 2012, 02:04

got to say that was a tactical disaster at the end , 1 game and hopefully hes gone

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 02:08

Gallas is up with Saha and Defoe on the bench

MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon May 07 2012, 02:08

least we didnt lose we had 10 men for much of the second half we r at home scum away at west brom next week Hodgson will want to sign off with a win
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon May 07 2012, 02:11

i thought we were the more attacking side even with 10 men looked like us scoring not them even with a man advantage, look at the corner tally think we had about 18 to their 4. just not the final cutting pass through to grab something.ade had a perfect opportunity to put it through but took a feeble shot. greedy
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 02:16

All to play for boys - us at the Hawthorns trying to spoil Hodgson's leaving party and Jol at the Lane

And while they were well beaten today don't write off Toon away at EFC

Football - bloody hell
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Mon May 07 2012, 02:21

Dont know what Harry was thinking with the subs, he seems to have lost the plot again. The obvious sub was Defoe/Saha for VDV, its not fkn rocket science.

Anyway, should be an interesting last game of the Season, Woy will want to sign off on a high and were at home! COYS
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 07 2012, 02:25

Just so disapointed here. We play Vile off the pitch, even with 10 men and still manage to get it horribly wrong. Redknapp defied belief with his lack of changes when he is sending on Defoe then not & then his one change, a holding player for an attacking player ! I reckon he is trying to pen his resignation letter on the pitch . . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 02:35

Players were fantastic today, played their hearts out, went down to 10 men fought back hard, gave it everything we had and then you have Harry Redknapp...

He has cost us third today with his P*ss poor decision making, his inability to read a situation and let`s face it he bottled it, he really does think we are punching above our weight and should be grateful any manager with half a ****ing brain would of went for it.

THIS is why he is not the man for us going forward.
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon May 07 2012, 02:46

put it this way if he brought Defoe on for VDV we would of been more open than a tarts legs and if he did that and we lost we would still be slagging him off its Roses fault if we had 11 we might of won

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 02:56

vdv was on hes last legs for the last 20 mins
    we had nobody in the box apart from ade we needed somone else up front. even saha could of done a job for 20 mins
    ****ing disgusted!
    Nobody really expect Arsenal to drop points yesterday against Norwich and they did giving us the best possible chance to take 3points today and finish above them.
    We played Aston Villa a team who are playing more or less subs and reserves and we can't even beat them!
    Danny Rose, what the **** he was doing I do not have a clue, I've never rated him, the only time I loved him was when he got that goal against Arsenal, hasn't done anything since. He is so poor and in a MASSIVE game where we need all eleven men he stupidly goes and gets himself sent off!
    Not only that, we need a goal badly to clinch 3rd spot, to avoid all this crap with Chelsea winning the Champions League and taking that CL place but no. JD was about to be put on, we score the pen and he stops it, fair enough. We then carry on and still look unlikely to score and so within the last 15-20mins atleast we should be putting him on but no, Redknapp decides to wait until the 88th minute to take and VDV off a forward may I mention for a Defensive Midfielder in Parker? what the actual ****! Clueless from Redknapp, if we finish the season in fourth and Chelsea win the Champions League I will shoot the bloke!
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 07 2012, 02:57

put it this way lads, if we had won today redknapp would have been a hero , saying that i hope he f*cks of back to bournemouth cos apart from us he's never managed a big club before and that shows when it comes to crucial games.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 07 2012, 03:06

Thing is Lobs if we had of won the game then Redknapp would have had to do what he is paid handsomely to do and that is to make alterations during the game that affect the final result. He didn't do that today and far too often he hasn't done it in previous games. I feel its a pretty safe bet to say he has, over the last 3 months, lost the backing of the majority of Spurs supporters . . . . .

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 03:10

things wernt going for ade today so take him off try something else

thought lennon had a poor game
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Mon May 07 2012, 04:00

vis wrote:Thing is Lobs if we had of won the game then Redknapp would have had to do what he is paid handsomely to do and that is to make alterations during the game that affect the final result. He didn't do that today and far too often he hasn't done it in previous games. I feel its a pretty safe bet to say he has, over the last 3 months, lost the backing of the majority of Spurs supporters . . . . .

Yea i would agree with that viz, most of the spurs i know can't stick him mainly over the way he conducted himself over the England link , so many times this season we have had it in our hands only to throw it away ,arry will never look at himself or take the blame its always someone else fault , majority of fans are sick of it.

On a personal level i don't care who manages our club as long as they get the results when it matters and a manager who's focused on the job in hand and not trying to look clever in the presses eyes by spouting his mouth off every chance he gets about stuff that should stay in house, sometimes the man is an embarrassment to say the least, not forgetting disrespectful to the club and the fans
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 04:15

Moan all you like boys at Arry

Win next week and not only will you cement a CL slot but Arry might have managed to get a Spuds team to finish above the Arsenal for the first time in ? 17 seasons

And the best the loyal fans can come up with is " I hope Levy sacks him"

Live in a fantasy world some of you

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 04:45

but your lot been awfull this season
    same as chelsea same as liverpool yet we still not cemented 3rd spot

harry has one of the best sqauds yet again today he dont use it.
    we played well today without testing shay given much.

wenger would of gone for the win today.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 07 2012, 04:47

Haven't we been all through this before? A lot of it is to do with Harry's soundbites. The fact that he can't keep his mouth firmly shut when talking to the press. But apart from that tell me Nic. Why when we were looking for a second goal to win the game today did he take off VDV (which was fair enough because he looked knackered) and then bring on Parker? We needed a goal and he brings on a player to close the game down. For some reason he decided to go for a draw. Then you wonder why he's criticised. The man seems bereft of a plan B which has been pretty much evident all season.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 05:07

Arry is by no means the perfect manager - you all know that and so do I

And one thing that irritates everyone is his stupidity in saying the first thing that comes into his head the moment a camera appears

As for his choice of subs at VP today I have no idea why he chose Parker over Defoe - you were however down to 10 men and chucking another striker on would have been BOLD and if it had gone wrong the same people castigating him for not introducing Defoe would be on his a*se as to why he did not put Parker on

The other point that occured to me is whether Arry put Parker on after he knew Toon were losing ? He may have decided to hold on to the point as you pushed ahead of Toon

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 05:14

but our goal differnce is miles better then newcastle so unless they win and we lose by about 10 goals then it makes no differnce. on point didnt matter much but 3 would of meant us in 3rd wich means we wouldnt have to rely on chelsea losing cup final
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 05:27

Your goal difference would have meant not a lot if Toon had won against Citeh and you had either lost or only picked up a point at Villa Park

If I had been Arry and heard Citeh had taken the lead at SJP I might well have tired to shut the game down

Who knows ?

I am only pointing out the "Arry is a clueless idiot" might not be the whole narrative

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 05:32

i think he heard man c had won as the game finnised 30 mins before our game did
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 07 2012, 05:38

Lought you make a very astute point wih your last post mate . . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 05:45

Then Arry is a man who - it may be argued- took the point he had

Which allowed him amd you go into the final weekend as masters of their own fate

The FOOL

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 06:03

thanks vis lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 07 2012, 06:49

We were masters of our own fate today. And we f*cked it up. Of course he should have brought Defoe on. We should have gone for the win.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 14:29