The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
aston v match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

aston v match thread - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+8
BazSpur
DJSR
anicoll5
LOBO
MarkA249
Maximus
vis
shearspur
12 posters

aston v match thread

vis
    vis

aston v match thread - Page 4 Empty Re: aston v match thread

Post by vis Mon May 07 2012, 06:53

anicoll5 wrote:Then Arry is a man who - it may be argued- took the point he had

Which allowed him amd you go into the final weekend as masters of their own fate

The FOOL

Nic I cannot speak for every Spurs fan but I'm sure many are thinking why not chase the win Redknapp ? Blaze of glory and all that. A deflected goal was the only real reward Vile had from the afternoon and, should you have watched the game you will have seen, even with 10 men Spurs were all over them and looked the only likely winners of the contest. So yes many will be saying he's a fool as he could have, maybe , had the 3 points and next Sunday truely be master of his own fate rather then relieing on 2 other teams both losing . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 07:35

And with his ten men he might very well gave gone for the "blaze of glory" approach

And ended up dropping the point he had

And then Arry would have got caned

Hindsight

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 09:13

but that point dont mean much. beside harry should of taken rose off sooner wich pushed bale to left back and brought defoe or saha on
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 09:22

" but that point don't mean much"

In what sense Lought ?

As in a point iIs better than no point at all ?

Or that if you win against Fulham ?

You seem well sick Lought to be honest that you got the point

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 09:46

i am sick of the players in front of goal pussy footing about. ade is so bloody casual it does my head in.
    i want someone just 2 smash the ball in the net but we play like your lot try walk it in.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon May 07 2012, 09:48

I think what Lought is trying to say Nic is that 3 points today would have left destiny in the teams hands rather then others so with that in mind when Spurs are bossing the game why did Redknapp not alter the striking options ? Sometimes you have to speculate to accumalate . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 07 2012, 09:49

Couldn't have put it better myself Vis.

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 09:49

and every bit of bad luck we keep gettin lately
    one amazin defelction goes in. first time that guy ever scored.
    then the red card. how did the ref see it.
    yet chelsea yesterday get another bit of luck okay it turned out to be right but surley they derserve bad luck.

thought it was meant to even itself out because chelsea would of used up enough luck for 2 season.

last time we had bit of luck was fulham away when we should of lost.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 07 2012, 09:51

vis wrote:I think what Lought is trying to say Nic is that 3 points today would have left destiny in the teams hands rather then others so with that in mind when Spurs are bossing the game why did Redknapp not alter the striking options ? Sometimes you have to speculate to accumalate . . . . .

Just Nic fishing again.

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 09:53

yep i notice hes on here a lot when we dont win Very Happy
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 10:21

A trifle ODD chaps

I simply point out that the "Arry is a clueless idiot" might be a bit daft

In spite of that bring the current favour of the minute on here

In response I read " but Arry could have done this" or " Arry could have done that"

I had to larf at LArf at Loughts argument that Rose should have been taken off because he was about to be red carded.

Genius
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon May 07 2012, 10:30

Just fishing ?

What for ?

Fans who have got no respect for their players or their manager ?

I cannot see anything on here about a Spurs player doing " well"

Compared to the complaints and moaning

Ridiculous - fantasy world

Post by Guest Mon May 07 2012, 13:38

noooooooooo dont make things up. i didnt say he might get sent off
    i think i put at half time to take rose off and push bale back.

i would never of imagine danny getting a red card but then refs love sending our players off. remember kaboul stoke
    then bale and daws afew season back. red card just like that but other teams players hardly ever get sent off aganst us.

i thought the ref was only meant to send a player off if he saw the challange. but how could he. i bet he saw the player badly hurt and got the red out.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 07 2012, 18:04

Loughtonlegend wrote:i am sick of the players in front of goal pussy footing about. ade is so bloody casual it does my head in.
    i want someone just 2 smash the ball in the net but we play like your lot try walk it in.

Watching Soccer Sunday yesterday I too was flabbergasted when Parker came on for VDV and like everyone on here at the time was roasting Redknapp for it. Now today after the dust has settled and looking at the league table and the multitude of permutations for next Sunday maybe a point yesterday could be very important.
    Harry is his own worst enemy when it comes to interviews and being the darling of the media, I will be grateful for what he has done at our club, but with what he has to work with and next season with Daws,Hudd and Caulker alongside Kaboul, we do need a manager with a little bit more nous to take us on.
    Lought we have someone that just smashes the ball, Defoe, but when he does that and misses you call him greedy, make your mind up!!

seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Mon May 07 2012, 18:09

Couldn't understand not bringing Defoe on, the guy was stripped off ready and the sustituion was about to be made when we ot the penalty. Straight away he was made to sit down. Why the change of mind, we were dominating. As for Parker coming on for VDV just couldn't understand that.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Mon May 07 2012, 23:36

How many times have we dominated games this season,and either lost or drawn and Harry brings on Defoe in the 87th min.It happens to many times to be unfortunate. It has to be the managers responsiblity to change the team around to get the result needed and as most have said on here he looks lost on the touch line and just doesn't have plan B.

There is no way he can take us any further than we are now and that is just not good enough anymore. We need a manager that the players look up to not one that they treat as their best friend.

It's all very well him saying to the press when the fans start complaing,"What do they expect, they haven't actually been winning anything for years" It isn't the point Harry, the point is you have not got the best out of the team over the course of the season and they have not fulfilled their potential because of your lack of tactical ability.

But he is a lucky sod. He gets off the tax dodge. He fails to get the England job and therefore saves himself the embarrasment of being ridiculed as, tactics wise the worst manager since Keegan and then still having a top job at Spurs.

Lets hope Levy sees it the same way and gets in someone else. I know it's another change but we can all see that he is not going to get us any further and in fact it could get worse if he stays.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 00:58

because defoe is okay as a sub
    when he starts hes rubbish.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 01:59

Loughtonlegend wrote:because defoe is okay as a sub
    when he starts hes rubbish.

Problem is Lought he rarely uses him as a sub. As Mikey said he gets a few minutes if he's lucky.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 02:02

Great post Mikey. Repped.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 08 2012, 02:16

totalytot wrote: How many times have we dominated games this season,and either lost or drawn and Harry brings on Defoe in the 87th min.It happens to many times to be unfortunate. It has to be the managers responsiblity to change the team around to get the result needed and as most have said on here he looks lost on the touch line and just doesn't have plan B.

There is no way he can take us any further than we are now and that is just not good enough anymore. We need a manager that the players look up to not one that they treat as their best friend.

It's all very well him saying to the press when the fans start complaing,"What do they expect, they haven't actually been winning anything for years" It isn't the point Harry, the point is you have not got the best out of the team over the course of the season and they have not fulfilled their potential because of your lack of tactical ability.

But he is a lucky sod. He gets off the tax dodge. He fails to get the England job and therefore saves himself the embarrasment of being ridiculed as, tactics wise the worst manager since Keegan and then still having a top job at Spurs.

Lets hope Levy sees it the same way and gets in someone else. I know it's another change but we can all see that he is not going to get us any further and in fact it could get worse if he stays.

Mikey M

I agree with most of that Mickey ...

Regarding the part I highlighted , I think against Villa, Harry took indecision, clueless to a new height even for him .... Okay I recall us drawing at home with the likes of Sunderland and he doesn't use one sub to try and win the game but yesterday was a new low for me even by Harry's standards ..

To go third in the league and to go into the final game knowing our fate was in our hands and he passed on the chance . To Dare Is To Do, well apparently not ...

To bring on a holding midfielder for an attacker is baffling in the circumstances . when you also have to take into account by doing so , Harry also instructed Gallas to remain forward. Its now better having Gallas forward in our search for a winning goal than it is to have either Defoe , Gio or Saha . We had Kaboul charging down the flanks as normal and all this against a team that only had a draw in mind, the draw that would almost certainly ensure their premeirship survival but someone obviously forgot to tell Harry...

Defore was bought back from Pompey for 8-10 millions by Harry and he has him sat there on the bench , good enough to put on when we're losing but apparently not needed to help us win the game ....If he wanted to hold us back, he couldn't have done a better job !

PS ... To Nic , Yes I'm moaning, not having kittens but I'm moaning and Ive seen this weekend your tribe in its element , proper w*nkers...
    I challenge you to name me who you consider a decent premeirship manager, who would've played it out the same way that Harry did with regards to substitutions in that same situation...
    Would Wenger and you would've been happy , yes?
    Stop playing with your rod mate ....

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue May 08 2012, 03:28

PS ... To Nic , Yes I'm moaning, not having
    kittens but I'm moaning and Ive seen this weekend your tribe in its
    element , proper w*nkers...
    I challenge you to name me who you
    consider a decent premeirship manager, who would've played it out the
    same way that Harry did with regards to substitutions in that same
    situation...
    Would Wenger and you would've been happy , yes?
    Stop playing with your rod mate ....

Spot on Arnie. I think we are all getting wise to Nics attempts to go fishing for bites. SAF would have gone for the win as would Wenger, So would most managers in the Prem. So what makes us so different?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 03:45

I would guess about eighteen PL managers would be only too delighted to actually be in the position that Arry has managed Spuds into and the opportunity to cement their Champions League place with a final home game against Fulham.

Would other managers have " gone for the win" I guess some would - and some in going for the win, down to ten men, away from home would have f*cked it up completely and gone home with nul points.

Never mind lads - if Arry does pull of a good result next week, maybe even third, you will have to find some other subject to moan about concerning Arry

What did he called some Spuds fans ?

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 04:05

well i belive we are where we are not because of harry but because of our good players.

yet when was the last time harry made a sub that changed a game in our favor. stoke away comes to mind.

i dont think we won away this year
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Tue May 08 2012, 04:09

So when the team does well its down to the players
    And when the team does badly it's down to Arry

lol!

Post by Guest Tue May 08 2012, 04:28

like harry he takes the credit when we win but its not hes fault when we lose.

i just feel he got rid of players we could of done with.
    pav pinnar bassong we could of done with and given bale and ade a break.
    pav is a better all round player then defoe. we could of done with him and i dont care if people dont agree with me we missed him.
    he ended up the 2nd part of 09/10 season our top scorer and then 10/11 scored more then crouch and defoe conbind.

we have the best sqaud but they dont get used untill a player gets injurid

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:26