The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+12
ArnieArdiles
anicoll5
djfitzo
ionman34
seebee1944
Boltjean
totalytot
BazSpur
vis
LOBO
peader50
nhg72
16 posters

pushing spurs forward

nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

pushing spurs forward  - Page 6 Empty Re: pushing spurs forward

Post by nhg72 Tue Oct 09 2012, 06:48

dembele seems to be getting better by each game he plays , looks a menace in possesion of the ball and is always pushing forward and links play well . the big jv at the back looks class benni will have a struggle getting him out of the full back position .what i have seen of sandro braking down attacks makes the game look so easy . with a few good results under our belts the mighty spurs look good .all the cynics and doubters who thought avb would not last well nuts to them . like i said when we start to gel as a team and the players get used to avb style of play we will be fine . got a big game soon against chelski will be a good test .avb has a lot to prove so he will have fire and determination inside who will want to destroy the overated players who made his life a misery .come on you spurs give em hell .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Oct 09 2012, 06:51

I think the players will have a point to prove after the FA Cup Final last season too.
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Tue Oct 09 2012, 07:11

avb has showed over the last few games that he is a great lover of the game and there a slight twinkel appearing in the corner of his eye .with the much needed points over the last few games people and critics alike have started to look up and take notice of spurs . even some have commended avb for turning his misfortunes around and getting spurs up the table .now lets not get carried away having the international break will help to recharge the tank and then i fancy a result against chelski . people had witten off spurs when we beat man u so let them say what they like about avb and spurs and then we shall see .

Post by Guest Tue Oct 09 2012, 07:30

love what avb doing. hes not afraid to make big calls.

he usses all the subs.
    towsend for lennon to get him used to playin for when lennon gets injurid
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Tue Oct 09 2012, 08:04

The Lloris call was brave & needed. Friedel is a fine 'keeper but 41. Lloris is a fine 'keeper & 25. Shimples. The team still seem to be missing that final, not sure if it's the right term but, killer touch and it ain't far away. We are going to destroy an opposition team soon. Let's hope it's Chelski . . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Tue Oct 09 2012, 20:50

What was interesting on Saturday was that at times Lloris played almost as a sweeper which I think AVB wants if we play high line defence. Agree with you Vis, would have liked them to have really gone for the kill against Villa, especially after they went down to 10 men, but like you I think we are going to get that and would love it to be against Chelsea.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Oct 09 2012, 22:12

Seebee, they're known as sweeper keepers. Lloris is our sweeper keeper. We liked how very quick he were to deal with danger in and around the edge of our penalty box. Just the one mishap , which could've cost us but I think a decent premeirship debut. Will be tougher against Chelsea if picked, which he should be.
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Fri Oct 12 2012, 06:12

hugo is as fine a keeper as any he will rellish his chance to be number 1 . straining at the lead will give him the hunger and desire to be the best to grace a spurs shirt .i hate that barthez comes out with dribble and then brad being a good role model give it to him both barrels .brad now knows his time will soon be on him to hang up his boots and then hugo will step into the frame and become a legend like jennings , clemence .avb has now started to get the spurs playing with grace and style and has made some great and ballsy changes that have proved affective .i would not be to surprised if avb gets manager of the month . now that would be something to give chelski and others something to think about .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Thu Apr 04 2013, 07:56

avb hinting for a striker at the lane , ade had proved that now he has his contract the hunger to perform has gone . well let him go if a decent offer comes . the belgians have an influx of bright classy and skilful players coming through the ranks and there is sure to be a good solid goal poacher soon coming to the prem . vertonghen has proved himself a class act and has played a pivitol role in spurs steady climb up the table . im sure there will be a belgian lurking in the shadows who will take the prem by storm . feilani ,hazzard , lukaku , this list grows all of the above quality players .avb has made his mark on the team and we are just missing a good old fasion number 9 to pull on the shirt of the spurs .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Thu Apr 04 2013, 08:37

made a point in october of last year about dembele making an impact after the exit of modders . well im glad i did not eat my own words .
    the man is a power house and has stood out as a great player who can thread a ball as good as anyone and he also dont mind mixing it with the best of them . the man can split midfeilds and destroy defences with his vision and quick change of pace .he seems to enjoy his role that avb has trusted him with and we seem to be attracting a lot of media interest with so called big names coming to the lane . lets hope we can mantain our current position and get the champions league place and bring in some big revinue and get out proper number 9 we need .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Apr 04 2013, 17:49

The mischief makers in the media seem to be stirring things up again for Spurs with reports that Bale to Real, Vertonghen to Barca, Ekotto to anyone who will have him etc. So we really need the Champions league place and our chairman to be really tough during the summer and make signings and not let our best, most important players go.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Fri Apr 05 2013, 08:54

I think if we don't make top 4 Bale will certainly go and he could move even if we do make top 4. Levy is a business man foremost and if Real Madrid or anyone comes in for him for 60 mil then he will be on his way and then a few others will probably follow.

We are not a big club like the Mancs and Chelsea or Real, Barca or Bayern. As much as it hurts I have come to realise that any player that we have who turns out world class will go after a short while. Just Like Berbatov, Modric, VDV did and probaly Bale and Vertognen will also.

Our only hope is if a sugar daddy with endless money comes along. If not we will be fighting for scraps.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05 2013, 09:29

good. i hope he goes. i really do.

our shape has changed because of bale.

its no suprise our strikers cant score.

just give the ball to bale.

sell bale and get proper forward then also get berbatov

basil was more technically gifted team than us. Better organized. Superior in every respect.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Apr 06 2013, 09:43

Lought you are so wrong about Bale. With out him we would be about 8th or 9th at best.

You seem to forget that his goals were completely individual goals. Most came out of nothing but pure genius. They had nothing to do with being greedy or team work they were made and set up by him and him alone and had we not had him then we would be in the sh*t as we are now likely to be without him for the remainder of the season.

You say let him go. What a rediculous statement when he is at this moment in time probably the third best player in the world. Everybody wants him except you. I hate to think the type of team we would have if it was left to you to pick the side. We would probably have 11 different players each week because you change your mind daily.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06 2013, 11:52

im sure if bale stuck to the left our strikers would have more goals.

hes not even in the top 5 in the prem.
    the media build him up.

i would take mata hazard rooney corzola all over him.

if someone offerd us 50 million i would take it.
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed Apr 10 2013, 21:30

vertonghen has proved that he is a class act , he could have gone to arsenal but chose spurs .
    if we can keep him at the lane and im sure we will he will cement his place as a legend. the belgians that are invading the prem are class acts people say about modders leaving will leave a hole but i disagree dembele is a great player he plays with style and can mix it with the best he work rate his up there with the best . we need a decent number 9 with some back bone and who is not afraid of putting himself about . we need levy to open up his purse and gets us the striker we need . we have a good midfeild and sandro will be a welcome site to boss the park . we also have kaboul to come back . walker , kaboul , dawson , verthongen we have pace build expereince what a back four with them plus the sweeper keeper .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Apr 10 2013, 21:54

Repped Mikey. Lought? Stop talking bollox. Most of Bale's goals as Mikey said have been down to individual brilliance. I understand your concerns Mikey but we have been there before Greaves, Hoddle, Gazza, and recently Berbatoss, Robbie, Modric and VDV. look at us now. We have survived. We will always survive. You and I my friend have seen players and Managers come and go over the years and the one constant is Tottenham Hotspur. If Bale does go then I doubt Levy will accept anything less than 60 mill. You can buy a lot with that. I'm not convinced he will leave anyway. He likes his home life too much at the moment and he must have seen Modric benched at Real. If he gets a few injuries at a new club it could well turn out bad for him who knows? Also, look at the amount of Spurs players that thought the grass was greener but have never been the same when they left. There are quite a few.
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed Apr 10 2013, 23:15

benteke from villa might be worth a punt , has been superb fronting attack quite a good brawler to . if rangers go down remy will seek to get out quick and spurs were after him a while ago . so its possible we could get him on the cheap .milos krasic has been lurking on the spurs radar again got this info from a mate over seas , has stated again his desire to play in the prem . lets get the fire power we need the defence is solid and also the midfeild . we have one of the best keepers in hugo so a decent poacher is the order of the day .
    nhg72
    nhg72
    4th Division
    4th Division

Post by nhg72 Wed Apr 10 2013, 23:42

a striker is the missing link in the mighty spurs jigsaw , avb has been good took him a while to settle but people have not slated him or the boo boys given him jip . we have attracted a couple of class players who will only get better and better with time .we are now in the closing stages of the prem so every point is going to be crucial in getting the players we want and keeping the players we need . looking forward to getting kaboul back as gallas will almost certainly be gone . the back 4 next season will be vital as will keeping hugo fit . dembele is already making a name for himself and will only get better with each game .
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Thu Apr 11 2013, 08:25

NHG apparently Remy has an £8M release clause in his contract when/if Wedknapps Wonderfull Wangers go down . . . .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 11 2013, 08:43

vis wrote:NHG apparently Remy has an £8M release clause in his contract when/if Wedknapps Wonderfull Wangers go down . . . .

This the same Remy that said he would not join us because we were not in the Campions League?

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Apr 11 2013, 09:06

One word made him join QPR.........Money.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Thu Apr 11 2013, 18:25

BazSpur wrote:One word made him join QPR.........Money.

Of course Baz, we could spend a lifetime going out there to find a striker
    that has say the attitude of Lewis Holtby, he came to us from Shalke, who were Champs League and probably could have had his pick of clubs, but saw the potential and joined not for the money, good luck in finding a striker or any other players out there who will come to us under those terms.

Post by Guest Thu Apr 11 2013, 21:39

how is it Bollox.
    bale plays where he wants
    no option on the left apart from dempsey and boom nobody else scores.

put bale back to left wing and tell him he can wander sometimes.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Apr 12 2013, 06:09

I think Bale goes where AVB lets him go. Is it any coincidence Bale is scoring more goals in his new position?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 04:25