The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
MarkA249
shearspur
ArnieArdiles
BazSpur
Boltjean
vis
10 posters

Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh

Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 02:40

djfitzo wrote:pre-conceptions Lew, why did you not want AVB in the first place?

Because it was taking a chance again dave, and going back out in the wilderness and gambling, and with a good team.

If harry was so bad why did he consistently get 4th 5th 4th ? and i get fed up with hearing that he had good players and that any manager would have done well with them.
    Harry assembled a big part of the team he inherited from ramos, and turned them from a team at the bottom to a top 4 team, with a few additions of his own.

Baz is correct by saying " who would we replace avb with "? and thats correct, he deserves a chance as we are stuck with him.
    No calls from me for him to be sacked, that would be stupid of levy, but levy is stupid to have done what he did, he will learn the hard way, its about time lewis sacked him from his job, the blokes a w*nker.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh - Page 4 Empty Re: Match Thread Vs Manchester Citeh

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 13 2012, 03:07

Didn't think he brought that many players in Lew. He inherited a decent team from Ramos. Parker, Crouch, Defoe and Palacious came in with Redknapp from what I can remember. Modric was already there as was Bale and Lennon and others. Can't count VDV as he was a Levy signing.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 03:10

and sandro was a levy buy
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 13 2012, 03:41

djfitzo wrote:
    Maximus wrote:Thats the thing, we should not of replaced Arry, for all his faults he had us playing good football, Avb and one up front does not suit us, 4-4-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because he mainly had his best eleven on the field, did he ever as a manager win at Old Trafford? Funny that with Dembele on the pitch we did under AVB, funny what you can do with your best players available.

DJ re: the underlined & highlighted, I think to many of us are not taking this on board .
    I repeat again . Away to Man City with no Benny , Kaboul, Dembele, Parker and a manager let down by his new employer at the start of the season for not replacing VDV and Modric with the new manager's two transfer targets, Willian and Mouthino.

We have nothing in terms of fluidity in the middle of the park and our opponent knows this so concentrates on our wide players. I love Sandro, but his game for me should be limited to the Claude Makelele role. Huddlestone is back from injury and neither players skills compliment the others.

Harry would not have got a result at the Eithad yesterday with the squad as it is . We couldn't do that last season with both Parker & Modric in the team.

We're not playing well with the ball that has to be said but this nonsense that we were a brilliant passing team under Harry is in fact that , nonsense, a myth. We had some players that could retain possession , granted, but whenever we came up against the bigger teams ie. like Man City, we spent most of the 90 minutes chasing shadows just as we did yesterday.

The Harry Myth wont go away this season for sure.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 03:44

BazSpur wrote:Didn't think he brought that many players in Lew. He inherited a decent team from Ramos. Parker, Crouch, Defoe and Palacious came in with Redknapp from what I can remember. Modric was already there as was Bale and Lennon and others. Can't count VDV as he was a Levy signing.

Thats right baz, i digressed a little, but i see that as a plus, he got them playing and putting in good performances,something ramos couldnt do, and then tweaked the team with a few signings of his own.
    But no way i am saying sack avb, or bring back harry.
    Had harry still been the manager the results might be worse ! who knows.?
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 13 2012, 04:37

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    Maximus wrote:Thats the thing, we should not of replaced Arry, for all his faults he had us playing good football, Avb and one up front does not suit us, 4-4-2 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes because he mainly had his best eleven on the field, did he ever as a manager win at Old Trafford? Funny that with Dembele on the pitch we did under AVB, funny what you can do with your best players available.

DJ re: the underlined & highlighted, I think to many of us are not taking this on board .
    I repeat again . Away to Man City with no Benny , Kaboul, Dembele, Parker and a manager let down by his new employer at the start of the season for not replacing VDV and Modric with the new manager's two transfer targets, Willian and Mouthino.

We have nothing in terms of fluidity in the middle of the park and our opponent knows this so concentrates on our wide players. I love Sandro, but his game for me should be limited to the Claude Makelele role. Huddlestone is back from injury and neither players skills compliment the others.

Harry would not have got a result at the Eithad yesterday with the squad as it is . We couldn't do that last season with both Parker & Modric in the team.

We're not playing well with the ball that has to be said but this nonsense that we were a brilliant passing team under Harry is in fact that , nonsense, a myth. We had some players that could retain possession , granted, but whenever we came up against the bigger teams ie. like Man City, we spent most of the 90 minutes chasing shadows just as we did yesterday.

Arnie, just to have Dembele back would be massive, he controlled the midfield against Manure in the first half and as Hudd does not venture past the centre circle unless he is taking corners, would have been a major factor in closing down Silva on Sunday, cos lets face it, he controlled everything good they did, the other carthorses that clogged Lennon and Ade would have struggled without Silva to take hold of the game.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 06:35

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Hi Arnie ! what you are saying makes a lot of sense, but like most on here you are falling back on the old chestnut of what if, and wait till certain players come back.
    Saying harry wouldnt have won is neither here nor there because we will never know.
    My main point is that the club needed continuity, with a proven man, and we had that for 3 years, something that gave us spurs fans a great champions league campaign, that i bet most of you blokes long for again, as i do.
    The spectre of harry will last more than one season, but some of us on here only saw the negative side of his management.
    You will remember that bill nic was a very strict manager, we didnt hear in those days negative comments about the way he went about things, but now its all highlighted and we are all influenced by what we hear.
    Its ok looking on new dawns and starting again, but it was fine as it was.
    I can forgive an old man trying to realise his final ambition of the supposed ultimate job (managing england) and being deflected for a few weeks from doing the job of the club i love....... but i guess some cant.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 13 2012, 06:41

Mr Plums. wrote:
    BazSpur wrote:Didn't think he brought that many players in Lew. He inherited a decent team from Ramos. Parker, Crouch, Defoe and Palacious came in with Redknapp from what I can remember. Modric was already there as was Bale and Lennon and others. Can't count VDV as he was a Levy signing.

Thats right baz, i digressed a little, but i see that as a plus, he got them playing and putting in good performances,something ramos couldnt do, and then tweaked the team with a few signings of his own.

I agree Lew. Arry did get us playing but to be fair he coudn't fail as he could speak English to begin with. lol! He got us out of the relegation places and pushed us up the table to finish 10th and I think we were all relieved and grateful to him for that. Then he got us 4th much to my surprise and after that it all seemed to go down hill for the reasons that have been mentioned on here many times.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 07:03

BazSpur wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:

I agree Lew. Arry did get us playing but to be fair he coudn't fail as he could speak English to begin with. lol! He got us out of the relegation places and pushed us up the table to finish 10th and I think we were all relieved and grateful to him for that. Then he got us 4th much to my surprise and after that it all seemed to go down hill for the reasons that have been mentioned on here many times.

Ha ha, ! yeah right sir baz, guess you missed out a few things there.
    Like hope of finishing above the goons last term, like being considered the most entertaining team in the cl.
    All the present bloke gives you is the bill nicholson forum blues ! lol. according to what i hear and a great confidence in that things will get better when all the injured are back.
    Well as mark said, who is a very astute poster when he takes the bother, its just going round in circles.
    The main problem is not us, but the bloke who makes decisions, levy ! who appointed ramos, who sacked jol without telling the bloke first, who loses deals because he agrees a price with foreign clubs for players and then goes back on his word, yeah great chairman, great reputation and in charge of a great club.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 07:12

lew i think a lot of the problems are down to levy.
    but surley you can understand levy getting rid of harry.

levy supported harry during the court case then after he gets cleared how does harry repay him.
    says he would love to manager another club even though he had a club to manager.
    its no differnt from modric sayin he wanted to go to chelsea.

harry got what he deserved.
    i also dont belive in all that hype we played great football all the time last season.
    we played well at home but away we played 451.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 07:27

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew i think a lot of the problems are down to levy.
    but surley you can understand levy getting rid of harry.

levy supported harry during the court case then after he gets cleared how does harry repay him.
    says he would love to manager another club even though he had a club to manager.
    its no differnt from modric sayin he wanted to go to chelsea.

harry got what he deserved.
    i also dont belive in all that hype we played great football all the time last season.
    we played well at home but away we played 451.

I know lought, but the only team he wanted to manage was england, not the goons or chelsea ! england and surely you see the difference.?
    Its ok lought and i hope things improve, especially for you as i know you are spurs through and through, and its a pain at times.
    Been watching the club since a kid in the 60s, and it can take over your life if you let it.
    I,m a bit more laid back now, what will be , will be !

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:24

i rekon harry would of left us for chelsea man u even the goons if they wanted him.
    is he not a gooner
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:31

djfitzo wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Arnie, just to have Dembele back would be massive, he controlled the midfield against Manure in the first half and as Hudd does not venture past the centre circle unless he is taking corners, would have been a major factor in closing down Silva on Sunday, cos lets face it, he controlled everything good they did, the other carthorses that clogged Lennon and Ade would have struggled without Silva to take hold of the game.

Yep we missed Dembele but apparently that's no excuse for losing the game to the champions, a team thats not lost at home in how long , are undefeated this season ?.

As for the game, if I remember correctly, in the first 50 minutes or so, apart from a couple of times, they didn't really threaten our goal. We were playing a risky high line but it was working and if the players are fit enough to play that way for the entire match, then all is good but they're not .

In response, Mancini went three at the back by taking off his central defender and putting on Maicon (55 mins) who then became their extra man on their right side of midfield. This is where many of their attacks then came from and why Verts was looking tired and Bale not coping well . Mancini by putting the extra man in midfield freed up Silva even more so to do his own thing, which he did it has to be said, very well.

For me, it's AVB's response or lack of response I should say that is the concern, in not shoring up our midfield with fresh legs despite having Siggy and Carrol on the bench.

Naughton a defender, for Lennon was the only midfield change AVB made and that were on 87 minutes. One minute later Dzeko had scored .

[b]
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:47

Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Hi Arnie ! what you are saying makes a lot of sense, but like most on here you are falling back on the old chestnut of what if, and wait till certain players come back.
    Saying harry wouldnt have won is neither here nor there because we will never know.
    My main point is that the club needed continuity, with a proven man, and we had that for 3 years, something that gave us spurs fans a great champions league campaign, that i bet most of you blokes long for again, as i do.
    The spectre of harry will last more than one season, but some of us on here only saw the negative side of his management.
    You will remember that bill nic was a very strict manager, we didnt hear in those days negative comments about the way he went about things, but now its all highlighted and we are all influenced by what we hear.
    I can forgive an old man trying to realise his final ambition of the supposed ultimate job (managing england) and being deflected for a few weeks from doing the job of the club i love....... but i guess some cant.

Hi Lew ! lol

I do understand your main point I really do , I've had my cousin & mate ear bashing me with exactly the same POV as yours since Harry's sacking. But as I say to them , I'll say to you too ....

Harry's gone , I repeat Harry's gone . You got a problem with that then tell it to Daniel Levy and the THFC board.

We've heard it .

How many times must it be said that the Harry and Levy working relationship came to an end because the boss felt the employee was mugging him off ?

If every time there's a set-back in a result we're to be reminded of the opinion that we shouldn't have got rid of Harry, then it all becomes a little tedious don't you think ? Therefore, I'm not even going to respond to your belief that Harry got sacked because his eye was off the ball for a couple of months and for a couple of comments said in the press or on Sky.

Now all this not being happy with the football we're seeing at the moment, fine, I'm only to happy to debate about where we could be doing better etc etc.

You say your not to bothered anymore , like the events of the summer at our club has knocked the stuffing out of you and I hear you, but it's Arsenal away next so I'd like to also see some pre-match suggestions on how to win the game and not just this usual post match appearance when things have gone wrong.

How about on all the match threads from here on in , anyone who wants to make post match comments, should also have selected his first eleven before the kick-off. We can even take it further and throw in our substitutions and formations lmao But just remember, there's no Modric he's currently getting splinters on his a*se in Spain's capital . We've not got a VDV and Dembele is out injured . Dempsey and Siggys form has been their worst in their careers and maybe AVB should justly be criticised for this, why is it these two players could do so well under their previous managers and not with us ?

So Wheres Vis with the Goon match thread? I look forward to yours and Max's views on how to win the game or at least get anyting out of it .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:13

yep and the goons where having there best start in the prem and have a manager whos been there forever and they brought in big players and guess what

they onnly behind us. we had more injuries then anyone this season
    kaboul parker dembelle ekotto .

we can keep moaning about avb and end up going further down the league or we can get behind him because we have another chance to finnish above the goons and if we do manage to get 13points in front again i cant see avb doing a harry and losing that lead

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:34

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Hi Lew ! lol

I do understand your main point I really do , I've had my cousin & mate ear bashing me with exactly the same POV as yours since Harry's sacking. But as I say to them , I'll say to you too ....

Harry's gone , I repeat Harry's gone . You got a problem with that then tell it to Daniel Levy and the THFC board.

We've heard it .

How many times must it be said that the Harry and Levy working relationship came to an end because the boss felt the employee was mugging him off ?

If every time there's a set-back in a result we're to be reminded of the opinion that we shouldn't have got rid of Harry, then it all becomes a little tedious don't you think ? Therefore, I'm not even going to respond to your belief that Harry got sacked because his eye was off the ball for a couple of months and for a couple of comments said in the press or on Sky.

Now all this not being happy with the football we're seeing at the moment, fine, I'm only to happy to debate about where we could be doing better etc etc.

You say your not to bothered anymore , like the events of the summer at our club has knocked the stuffing out of you and I hear you, but it's Arsenal away next so I'd like to also see some pre-match suggestions on how to win the game and not just this usual post match appearance when things have gone wrong.

How about on all the match threads from here on in , anyone who wants to make post match comments, should also have selected his first eleven before the kick-off. We can even take it further and throw in our substitutions and formations lmao But just remember, there's no Modric he's currently getting splinters on his a*se in Spain's capital . We've not got a VDV and Dembele is out injured . Dempsey and Siggys form has been their worst in their careers and maybe AVB should justly be criticised for this, why is it these two players could do so well under their previous managers and not with us ?

So Wheres Vis with the Goon match thread? I look forward to yours and Max's views on how to win the game or at least get anyting out of it .

Perhaps avb is the man you need to put forward a view on how we should beat arsenal arnie..! at the moment he seems pretty well clueless, but he will probably give it a shot to give all you guys hope !
    Its not the fact that harry was sacked arnie that pees me off, its the justification of it on here, and the acceptance of the decision of levy who is proving to be a slippery cnut.
    I read on here that avb didnt get the signings he wanted, and then read that levy backtracks on deals with foreign clubs, an agreed price is knocked down by levy as the deal gets to closure, read the reports arnie and see what type of bloke we have as chairman of spurs.
    Yeah its fine to say, live with what has happened and move on, doesnt make it right arnie, doesnt mean me or anyone else has to lie down and accept levys twisted decisions, because he was personally unhappy with harrys new contract demands.
    As i said, and i copy marks statement that we just go round in circles on here, i see your point and you see mine, but more importantly ! would you guys prefer it the way it was, or as it is now.?
    I will give my views on the team vs arsenal, etc, but are you truly happy and expecting results to change under this bloke arnie, lets have a true opinion ! sure we cant have things back a year to the way they were, but lets hear the truth.

djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:45

Regardless of what's gone on before and I maintain what i said before, AVB had a very good squad at Porto and won the league and Europa cup, it may not be as strong as the prem, but great achievements anyway and until he Canf field his best eleven I will give him a fair chance, if it doesn't work then, I like any on here already deserve to have a go.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:50

Personally Lew, I think if he is given the proper time and money for the people he wants to bring in then we will have a cracking manager but, and I agree with you totally here I don't think he will get it from Levy. I agree with your opinion on DL wanting to bump up the price of players we are selling and knock down the price of players we are buying. The problem AVB has got is Levy probably won't give him the time he needs. SAF as I have mentioned before was ridiculed at Man U in much the same way as AVB is now. The supporters were saying he wouldn't cut it at Man U but the board stuck with him although it was said he was on the verge of getting the boot and they won the FA Cup 5 years after he took over and we all know what happened next. I think we all know AVB won't get that time. Our own Keith Burkinshaw went four years before winning his first trophy he then became the second most successful manager after Bill because the board gave him time. Patience is needed by all Levy and us supporters, without that we are doomed forever to be a club looking for a quick fix and that will never happen. As Lought has been quick to point out even The Special one takes two seasons to start winning trophies.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:53

Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    Mr Plums. wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Hi Lew ! lol

We've heard it .

Perhaps avb is the man you need to put forward a view on how we should beat arsenal arnie..! at the moment he seems pretty well clueless, but he will probably give it a shot to give all you guys hope !
    Its not the fact that harry was sacked arnie that pees me off, its the justification of it on here, and the acceptance of the decision of levy who is proving to be a slippery cnut.
    I read on here that avb didnt get the signings he wanted, and then read that levy backtracks on deals with foreign clubs, an agreed price is knocked down by levy as the deal gets to closure, read the reports arnie and see what type of bloke we have as chairman of spurs.
    Yeah its fine to say, live with what has happened and move on, doesnt make it right arnie, doesnt mean me or anyone else has to lie down and accept levys twisted decisions, because he was personally unhappy with harrys new contract demands.
    As i said, and i copy marks statement that we just go round in circles on here, i see your point and you see mine, but more importantly ! would you guys prefer it the way it was, or as it is now.?
    I will give my views on the team vs arsenal, etc, but are you truly happy and expecting results to change under this bloke arnie, lets have a true opinion ! sure we cant have things back a year to the way they were, but lets hear the truth.

Personally Lew, I wouldn't trust Levy as far as I could throw him. He's handling of the Jol sacking irked me and it were his desire to move us to Newham of all places which made me think he's not really for our club as many would think . I suppose he's better than Alan Sugar Shocked

I'd rather Harry got on with Levy and, Harry was a little better tactically aware. Remember our corners and free-kicks? Did we ever practice them under Harry?

I suppose when you ask two slippery cnuts (lol like it)to work together, you know deep down sooner or later it will end in a parting of the ways.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:56

yep the harry telling players to run about a bit lol

i didnt mind sugar and he is now a proper spurs fan he goes to games and loves it when the goons lose.

as bad as levy is hes still better then irving scolar stealing from our club.
    and we all heard the terry vennebles rumores going round back then

Post by Guest Wed Nov 14 2012, 03:02

Loughtonlegend wrote:yep the harry telling players to run about a bit lol

i didnt mind sugar and he is now a proper spurs fan he goes to games and loves it when the goons lose.

as bad as levy is hes still better then irving scolar stealing from our club.
    and we all heard the terry vennebles rumores going round back then

Hi Lought, i think personally that we have had bad chairmen, over the years.
    You need someone like that bloke at blackburn who was the club through and through, in the 1990s, but we dont seem to to that lucky. lol.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Wed Nov 14 2012, 03:23

Do you mean Jack Walker Lew? I used to know a Blackburn fan back in that era and Walker was worshipped by the fans for the simple fact he bank-rolled the title for them. I thought Sugar had the best interests of the club at heart (lol even though my dear old Dad refereed to him as the bearded bast**d). Back to the Citeh game now lol. I have had talk-sport radio on in the car the last couple of days & AVB has taken a lot of stick from both presenters & fans. Arnie made the point about the high defence line and how it worked for Citeh when they went to 3 centre-half's but not for us. This was a topic of debate on the radio as well. Some saying, as Mark does, that AVB seems negative in his tactics. For an hour I thought we comfortably contained Citeh then they put us under the cosh and turned the game around. At least it didn't end up 5-1 this time! ! ! We do miss Dembele and AVB's insistence on playing certain players (Dempsey is the one for me lol) seems a tad strange but he is obviously looking for players he feels can play the system he wants. It's still really early days in his tenure. Maybe we will know more after Christmas and next May? I still have every faith that he will be the right manager for us but I also respect the views of others who preferred Redknapp or would have liked A.N Other manager in charge. And that's part of the beauty of this game. The fact we all support the same team yet have differing opinions on who & what is best for OUR club . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 15:12