The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Up For Wigan Away ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Up For Wigan Away ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Up For Wigan Away ?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Up For Wigan Away ? Empty Up For Wigan Away ?

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Feb 19 2010, 03:10

101 Great Goals - latest football videos and international soccer goals from the Premier League, Champions League,La liga, Se. Spurs’ crazy 9-1 win over Wigan in November is the clear backdrop to this game and all the signs point to a home win to make up for the humiliation at White Hart Lane. Roberto Martinez’s team should be well up for this one, especially as Sky have decided to cover this game in expectation of some redemption for the Wigan players.

Would it be just like Spurs to lose this game without scoring too ? Up For Wigan Away ? Icon_twisted

Watched the highlights last night of Wigan v Bolton on on Sky Sports.... The pitch is a throw back to the old days of mud down the centre with not a blade of grass to be seen except for out on the wings. Added to all of this bog of a pitch, are the pitch markings of Rugby League ...Why this is allowed in the top flight of Football I will never know ....Football pitches for football , rugby pitches for rugby please........ The game of rugby affects the state of the pitch thus affecting the game of football but not vicer versa .....If you cannot run your football club without ground sharing it with rugby , then tough , you aint in the football league simple enough I think ...

A post without mentioning Harry ? Up For Wigan Away ? Icon_evil

Was watching the game on Sunday round my dads and the camera zoomed in on, Harry in the dug-out ... I said, "he looks well peed off , will give them a rollicking at half-time" ....My dad said , "he dont look to well , looks knackered, ill even" ........

Is Harry knackered , has the IRS hounding, giving him to many sleepless nights ....?

What about all the commuting from The Sandbanks to North London and those many nights away from his Sandra ... Is it all catching up on the 62 year old .....?

Harry has always been one of those managers viewed as a top man when it comes to man-management skills .... But in his time at Spurs he has fallen short with a number of individuals. Bent, Bale, Bentley and Bassong have all been publicly admonished rather than it all kept in the changing room and let's not mention the Pav situation...

Harry's other perceived strength has been his ability to get the best from his players when they're up against it ... It's this reason perhaps why Bolton in the cup ( first half ) was a serious worry . Following on the dysmal showing away at Wolves, he wouldve expected and demanded a positive reaction from his players on Sunday but he didnt get it until after a half time roasting ..

This coming Sunday , a late kick off too on a bog of a pitch, against a team we beat 9-1 a few months back. Against a team who will surely be up for a little revenge is gonna tell us plenty methinks ... We will need all our players to follow the examples shown by Bale and Wilson and not be wishing they were somewhere else ......... I think, let down Harry on this one and whether you're a favourite of his or not, your time could be up .

Heaps of pressure will be on Harry to win this one ...We need to win this, show we're up for the fight.. More than anything , I think we need to win this one for the manager .

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Up For Wigan Away ? Empty Re: Up For Wigan Away ?

Post by BazSpur Fri Feb 19 2010, 05:24

Great post Arnie.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 19 2010, 07:17

i think you have made some real good points there arnie.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Feb 20 2010, 02:46

Tue Dec 15 Manchester City H 2-0
    Sat Dec 19 Blackburn Rovers A 2-0
    Sat Dec 26 Fulham A 0-0
    Mon Dec 28 West Ham United H 2-0

Going along nicely then defeat at Liverpool and its been pretty painfull since then ..

This week its Wigan away, Bolton and then Everton at the Lane so I suspect Harry will make full use of the squad , Pav included ...

Team away to Wigan depending who's fit of course I'd like to see...
    Gomes
    Corluka Dawson King Bassong
    Bentley Palacious Bale
    Kranjcar
    Defoe Pav

It's a bog of a pitch so we have to make use of the wings ( that's where the grass is ) ...Bentley and Bale to supply, with Niko offering the front two support........... Bolton scorers of one goal in 5 games ( against us lol ) at Wigan during the week made the majority of the chances so I expect similar from our team ... We need to kick start our challenge and this is the week we need our players to stand up and be counted ...

Post by Guest Sat Feb 20 2010, 05:35

not pitch excuses already, lol only joking that sh*t hole shouldn be allowed
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Feb 21 2010, 01:28

burger777 wrote:not pitch excuses already, lol only joking that sh*t hole shouldn be allowed

No excuses Burger should we get beat , not from me anyway ... Its exactly that, what I'm trying to get across in the above post .....
    Wigan and Bolton are in bad form even by their standards . An in form Everton will be tougher and they've just gone ahead against Man Ure as I type this after being a goal down .... Anything less than 2 wins and a draw is no good ... The players need to do it for Harry and not hide behind excuses such as Lennon aint playing , tactics are wrong , pitches are poor and just get the job done against the likes of Wigan and Bolton ...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 20:57