The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Open Letter To Harry. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Open Letter To Harry. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Open Letter To Harry. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Open Letter To Harry. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
ionman34
philip
DJSR
BazSpur
8 posters

Open Letter To Harry.

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Open Letter To Harry. Empty Open Letter To Harry.

Post by BazSpur Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:39

Open Letter To Harry. Arsenal Open Letter To Harry. Aston_Villa Open Letter To Harry. Birmingham Open Letter To Harry. Blackburn Open Letter To Harry. Bolton Open Letter To Harry. Burnley Open Letter To Harry. Chelsea Open Letter To Harry. Everton Open Letter To Harry. Fulham Open Letter To Harry. Hull Open Letter To Harry. Liverpool Open Letter To Harry. Man_City Open Letter To Harry. Man_Utd Open Letter To Harry. Portsmouth Open Letter To Harry. Stoke Open Letter To Harry. Sunderland Open Letter To Harry. Tottenham Open Letter To Harry. West_Ham Open Letter To Harry. Wigan Open Letter To Harry. Wolves
    An OPEN letter to Harry Redknapp

Date: 27th February 2010 at 10:08 pm |
    Filed under: Football Blogs, Tottenham | Author: Matt Wright | Tags: Harry Redknapp, White Hart Lane | image ©️ Action Images

Open Letter To Harry. Harry-redknapp2-300x180Dear Harry,It is not often I feel the need to write an open letter, however on reading
    your comments in the Daily Mail, with regards to Roman Pavlyuchenko, I
    had to say something. You seem to have this inability to admit when you
    are wrong; a trait that hasn’t bode well for Tottenham this season.Before
    I get into the crux of my moan, I have to concede that you have done a
    fine job at the football club and I would have taken sitting in 5th
    place in the league and in the quarter finals of the cup at this stage
    of the season, in a heartbeat. I know there are some supporters who
    won’t be as generous in their praise for you, but we are all entitled
    to our opinions.In terms of performances on the pitch, it is
    hard to argue, however your arrogance at times gets the better of you
    and isn’t doing the team, or the way you are perceived among supporters
    any favours. You certainly wouldn’t be the first Tottenham manager to
    fail to admit when you are wrong with team selections, judgment of
    players, but at least have the decency to come out with your hands up
    and concede you have got it wrong. It is a fatal flaw in your armoury
    and one of the reasons that I believe certain sections of the support
    are turning against you.

I suppose there is a certain irony that in the
    past few weeks that Bale and Bentley have been our most consistent
    performers, especially with the disdain you have shown them in the
    past. It would be refreshing to hear you come out and shower them with
    some compliments, instead of suggesting that Bale now has a fight on
    his hands given the return to fitness of Assou-Ekotto. Pavlyuchenko is
    another player who unlike the other two has actually come out and
    fought his corner about his treatment by you and at the moment the
    Russian is more than answering any doubts you may have had about him. I
    have to admit the look on your face when Roman scored told its own
    story and it was hard to understand whether you were delighted or
    gutted that he had proved you wrong by doing in 10 second half minutes,
    what your favourite Crouchy has failed to do week after week upfront.
    Another two goals in midweek has seemingly failed to soften you in
    anyway and I found it rather churlish in the way you are still
    questioning the player and his work rate:“Pav has struggled to
    establish himself at Tottenham but this is a great chance for him to
    have a positive influence. He needs to work harder to utilise his
    undoubted talent. Technically he is a very gifted player.“When
    someone is scoring goals you don’t notice their work-rate so much – but
    it is an area he needs to improve, without a doubt.”
    I suppose in a
    way there may be a compliment in there but I can’t help feel it is a
    backhanded one. You may think he has struggled to establish himself,
    but surely he needs game time for that which it appears you are
    begrudgingly giving him at the moment, largely influenced by the crowd
    I think. Why not come out and put a positive slant on his performances
    and concede you may have misjudged him, rather than coming across that
    you are trying to save face. It takes a big man to admit when you are
    wrong and with Bale, Bentley and now Pavlyuchenko, showing some honesty
    and humility would go a long way in winning some credibility with
    certain sections of supporters. As far as I am concerned you are doing
    a great job and long may it continue; however this is one area that
    lets you down constantly and it is becoming somewhat irritating hearing
    your comments of late. You are known in the game as an excellent
    man-manager; but I have to admit I find myself questioning that at
    times with some of your public comments and outbursts.RegardsMatt
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Open Letter To Harry. Empty Re: Open Letter To Harry.

Post by DJSR Mon Mar 01 2010, 06:48

Cheers Baz, was a good read. I think most fans felt Harry's mistake in the past week when Pav scored 2 goals, but how does a manager go about correcting this? Its unusual for a manager to come out and say sorry, i cant see him doing this, but in a way Harry has rated Pav in a few recent interviews classing him as a great technical player and said he has been training hard without any negative comments, which may be seen as the apology.

Harry has got to start Pav every game now, unless he's injured, Pav has scored in every game he's started.

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 11:50

Well said baz. HARRY said he would like 8/10goals from pav last week. yet hes got 5 in a week. hes done more in 1 week then crouch has done all season. he still moans at pav yet dont say a bad word aganst crouch who has had 7 games without scoring
    i would like harry to say pav is on fire and give him a run in the team now. gudjohonson looks good aswell
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Mon Mar 01 2010, 14:52

Loughtonlegend wrote:Well said baz. HARRY said he would like 8/10goals from pav last week. yet hes got 5 in a week. hes done more in 1 week then crouch has done all season. he still moans at pav yet dont say a bad word aganst crouch who has had 7 games without scoring
    i would like harry to say pav is on fire and give him a run in the team now. gudjohonson looks good aswell
    Spot on all on this thread, I would also add how annoying Harry is at stating the fact that Pav need to increase his work rate, to me it is a lot of b*lls because his task is to score not run around like a headless chicken missing simple headers like Crouch does
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Mar 01 2010, 17:58

What a load of Bollox.

Yet another armchair expert with Eagle eye hindsight interpreting his own conclusions without a shred of evidence to back him up.

Bentley and Bale treated with disdain? They're currently playing out of their skins because Harry nurtured them back to form after their Spurs careers looked over after some truly woeful performances earlier in the season.

This guy is a halfwit clown, clueless as to how a manager MANAGES his players but writes an OPEN letter because he is desperate for attention.

Which he subsequently gets from the flock.

Alright he dropped a bit of a clanger with Pav but I saw footage of Harry IMMEDIATELY after Pav scored his first goal ..................... He was beaming. You lot want to buy into the gooner press 'let's show Redknapp after he's settled down and looking deadpan' bullshit then go ahead and we'll watch you clowns hound out yet another good'un.

I'm done trying to get you lot to see reason, you're too busy with your own agendas to even try to SUPPORT.

fcuk me!! Fourth place, showing ourselves as being good enough to challenge for the top 3, fcuk 4th, and all you want to do is pillory the bloke.

fcuking unreal!!
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Mon Mar 01 2010, 20:10

Just a question? what makes your view the right one and other peoples the wrong one, I agree with the view that Arry did not give Pav a fair go especially when Keane was around, other people have other takes on it, it's just their view on things, no better or worse than your view, why get so pi**ed off nasty with people who dont agree with you, cant you just accept other peoples views. Open Letter To Harry. 474322

Post by Guest Mon Mar 01 2010, 23:26

hes wrong about bale aswell. we supporters always new bale can play left wing but never played there even before modric. as for pav. i not heard harry once slag off crouch but pav gets it even when he scores.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon Mar 01 2010, 23:34

Have to say, since hes been scoring, whenever i look on page 265 on sky text, all is see is Harry praising Pav.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 00:11

anway im more opimistic for the rest of the season now then i was when we kept winning at the start of the season. now we got pav whos scored more in 1 week in less then 3 games then crouch has in 7 whole games. plus bale again was our best player. the guy is just class. thank god for ekotto getting injuired lol shame about hudd though as you could tell we missed him yesterday when he went off. id like to see modirc in there. but not kaboul. even bring ohara back now portsmouth dont need him

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 01:48

Just to say tress that ion is well able to fight his own corner but i understand where he is coming from, it doesnt seem to matter how our coaches or managers do there is always a section unhappy about something or the other.

It seems we are never pleased and remember harry has added pressure with the tax case looming during a busy football season, pressure that he could do without with the season endeavours coming to a head now, games that will determine whether its been a good bad , or indifferent year.

We have seen a few harry gaffs, pav was one, it took an injury to play bale, but mostly what harry has done has been good, and here we sit in 4th with the cl within sight, its down to us to make that 4th place ours.

So yeah i agree with ion that we should just let harry get on with things he is paid to do, he hasnt made a bad job of it so far.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 02 2010, 02:42

Unfortunately Lew, thats why we get labelled fickle, theres a very fine line between passion for your club and whingeing.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 04:18

djfitzo wrote:Unfortunately Lew, thats why we get labelled fickle, theres a very fine line between passion for your club and whingeing.

The crux of the matter dj is that we were a successful team, we arent now and that is very frustrating because we have spent big money over the years and still havent much to show for it.

You have man utd, chelsea and the goons who have probably spent less than us but are perennials in the money spinning champions league, but here we are going all out for poxy fourth place.

So ! i can see why we have whingers, we just want instant success so much that in the end managers are sacked, some quite rightly while others should have been given more time...............harry needs more time in my opinion because he has the basis of a great team now, what we really need to do is hang on to our best players when the big guns come in for them, we really need to tell the likes of man utd not to unsettle our players, because we really want to be competing on a par with them, not making them stronger............

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 04:45

not that word pillory again, or is it to pillorise or even pilorize lol private joke ion may remember, anyway back to the post, even if harry has made the odd mistake does he have to broadcast it to every fan, no one knows how harry operates and no one knows what really goes on, judge the man at the end of the season and not after every game, thats why u get called fickle.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 05:17

Us ? Us Spurs ? Fickle ? Perish the thought Burgs ! Good point about reserving judgement until seasons end. Some of us have had expectations raised this season with certain results & performances. Some of us have had them dented and some of us will be sticking to what they thought and hoped for at the seasons start and will judge within that framework . . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 02 2010, 05:30

Before the Wigan game I wrote on here, that I believed the next three games would be massive for Spurs but more so for Harry ...... The past week he has come good so I'm saying, 'well done Harry' ...

As for the criticisms of Harry's player selection, well as fans we will always question a managers team selections after all, its what we as fans do regardless of club or manager , it's the same the world over ...

For me the written piece aired by Baz is a little unfair on Harry with regards to Bale and Bentley but correct on Pav ..

Wasn't so long ago that the majority of us Spurs fans were asking if Bale and Bentley seemed far more concerned with their hairstyles or did I imagine all of that ? Did I also just imagine that Bale was back from a nasty ankle injury, in fact his ankle was twice nobbled against Newcastle and Birmingham in two different games? .. His confidence had gone, he needed time-out .. Harry did good and the right thing with Bale ...

As for Benoit Ekkoto, he has been a class act at left-back and Harry has been right to pick him no question.... Imagine this on the training ground .... Harry sets up Lennon against Benny and then Bale , who do we think copes better with Lennon ? For me , Benny is faster than Bale and copes with fast tricky wingers better than Bale can... The CC Cup final showed us what a great left back, Benny is, when he had Ronaldo in his pocket for most of the game.. Even in the league games, Ronaldo would switch wings because he wasnt getting any joy out of Benny .... Bale copes better than Benny when the opponent is the more rugged type and it's true , there has been times in the past where Benny has been roughed up ....Bale is a beast of a footballer , whilst Benny is more silky touches with great speed . Bale will waste possesion more often but will also be more likely to provide an assist..

Now we have two very good left-backs and another potential left winger , whereas a few months back we just had the one left-back so all is good now ..

As for Bentley, are we forgetting his shoddy performances earlier on his Spurs career and they were nothing to do with imaturity off the field , drink driving and wrapping his car around a lampost being just one example ? At last he appears to be knuckling down to some hard graft .. We cannot blame Harry for Bentley being a bit of a dickhead so if Harry has got Bentley at last thinking straight we should be praising the manager on this ...

Pav however I have to agree with what many are saying ..... Harry's one biggest mistake or should that be tallest mistake, has been Crouchy's inclusion in game after game when clearly it wasnt reaping rewards .. We have not scored a goal in NINE premeirship games this season , that's a third of our games, an amazing stat considering our league position ...
    Harry persuaded a reluctant Levy to part with 10 million for Crouchy , and this I feel is the primary reason for the manager's refusal to give Pav such few minutes playing time ... Strange as it seems , but if Crouchy had been a goal scoring machine for Spurs then Pav would've most likely seen more playing time !

Pav did reasonably well last season all things considered and for me Harry has cut his nose to spite his face on this one , no doubt about it .. A russian international with a bad training attitude ? Im not sure about that , the reaction of his team mates towards the russian tells me, that's all a load of baloney ...
    Sure, Pav is not the workhorse that Crouch is but he is a classier act in front of goal and that has been what has been needed in those tight games where points have been lost due to our persistance at times, with the one dimensional football we have played .. Wolves twice , Stoke , Everton away , Birmingham away, Fulham away , Aston Villa home and away.. Extra points could've been won had Pav got time off the bench, we surely would not have lost more points giving him a sub's role ? All that time on the bench with so little playing time in those games , it's bad management and I dont care what anyone says as it's indefensible ....

We should've been going into these remaining games with more points. It may well be to late for us now with the tough remaining games that we have and with the injuries that seem to be piling up .....Lennon out for six weeks, Hudds out , Bentley and a few others too.and the groin injury seems to be a disease at Spurs but its all there still to play for in our remaining games ...COYS!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:09

burger777 wrote: judge the man at the end of the season and not after every game, thats why u get called fickle.

Blah de blah burger ! and thats why goons get called numbskulls, because if you go on a goon board they are having a go about wenger and that he isnt doing it any more.

Call us fickle mate but we arent like thick gooners ! we never treated bill nic as a has been when he had done so much for us all those years ago.

Check your gooner board...............

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:14

i go on many boards lew, its just an observation dont take it personally, ive said it before and i will probably say it again. when your winning your support is massive, when you are losing your support is shocking, the swings are too big in a short space of time imo, you have only have to got to the last page of the spurs chat to see what i mean.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:19

burger777 wrote:i go on many boards lew, its just an observation dont take it personally, ive said it before and i will probably say it again. when your winning your support is massive, when you are losing your support is shocking, the swings are too big in a short space of time imo, you have only have to got to the last page of the spurs chat to see what i mean.

Taking it personally ? we have won fck all in years and are desperate for success, you goons are bad mouthing wenger when he has done so much for you in recent years, us (fickle ) spurs fans never did that to bill nic during the barren years.
    So who are the fickle ones ? and make no mistake i cant stand wenger, but what is right is right imo.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:24

lol the other week u were callin yourself fickle.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:29

burger777 wrote:lol the other week u were callin yourself fickle.

When and where ? i never called us fickle ! impatient for success but never fickle.

Now if you want fickle go on the gooner board ! it is a real mine of information regarding the true meaning of the word FICKLE..................

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:47

your post started, call me fickle if u want, i will dig it out if u want. lew im on arsenal boards all the time, alot more than u are mate,

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:49

ArnieArdiles wrote:Before the Wigan game I wrote on here, that I believed the next three games would be massive for Spurs but more so for Harry ...... The past week he has come good so I'm saying, 'well done Harry' ...

As for the criticisms of Harry's player selection, well as fans we will always question a managers team selections after all, its what we as fans do regardless of club or manager , it's the same the world over ...

For me the written piece aired by Baz is a little unfair on Harry with regards to Bale and Bentley but correct on Pav ..

Wasn't so long ago that the majority of us Spurs fans were asking if Bale and Bentley seemed far more concerned with their hairstyles or did I imagine all of that ? Did I also just imagine that Bale was back from a nasty ankle injury, in fact his ankle was twice nobbled against Newcastle and Birmingham in two different games? .. His confidence had gone, he needed time-out .. Harry did good and the right thing with Bale ...

As for Benoit Ekkoto, he has been a class act at left-back and Harry has been right to pick him no question.... Imagine this on the training ground .... Harry sets up Lennon against Benny and then Bale , who do we think copes better with Lennon ? For me , Benny is faster than Bale and copes with fast tricky wingers better than Bale can... The CC Cup final showed us what a great left back, Benny is, when he had Ronaldo in his pocket for most of the game.. Even in the league games, Ronaldo would switch wings because he wasnt getting any joy out of Benny .... Bale copes better than Benny when the opponent is the more rugged type and it's true , there has been times in the past where Benny has been roughed up ....Bale is a beast of a footballer , whilst Benny is more silky touches with great speed . Bale will waste possesion more often but will also be more likely to provide an assist..

Now we have two very good left-backs and another potential left winger , whereas a few months back we just had the one left-back so all is good now ..

As for Bentley, are we forgetting his shoddy performances earlier on his Spurs career and they were nothing to do with imaturity off the field , drink driving and wrapping his car around a lampost being just one example ? At last he appears to be knuckling down to some hard graft .. We cannot blame Harry for Bentley being a bit of a dickhead so if Harry has got Bentley at last thinking straight we should be praising the manager on this ...

Pav however I have to agree with what many are saying ..... Harry's one biggest mistake or should that be tallest mistake, has been Crouchy's inclusion in game after game when clearly it wasnt reaping rewards .. We have not scored a goal in NINE premeirship games this season , that's a third of our games, an amazing stat considering our league position ...
    Harry persuaded a reluctant Levy to part with 10 million for Crouchy , and this I feel is the primary reason for the manager's refusal to give Pav such few minutes playing time ... Strange as it seems , but if Crouchy had been a goal scoring machine for Spurs then Pav would've most likely seen more playing time !

Pav did reasonably well last season all things considered and for me Harry has cut his nose to spite his face on this one , no doubt about it .. A russian international with a bad training attitude ? Im not sure about that , the reaction of his team mates towards the russian tells me, that's all a load of baloney ...
    Sure, Pav is not the workhorse that Crouch is but he is a classier act in front of goal and that has been what has been needed in those tight games where points have been lost due to our persistance at times, with the one dimensional football we have played .. Wolves twice , Stoke , Everton away , Birmingham away, Fulham away , Aston Villa home and away.. Extra points could've been won had Pav got time off the bench, we surely would not have lost more points giving him a sub's role ? All that time on the bench with so little playing time in those games , it's bad management and I dont care what anyone says as it's indefensible ....

We should've been going into these remaining games with more points. It may well be to late for us now with the tough remaining games that we have and with the injuries that seem to be piling up .....Lennon out for six weeks, Hudds out , Bentley and a few others too.and the groin injury seems to be a disease at Spurs but its all there still to play for in our remaining games ...COYS!

Beautifull post Arnie. Fair bought a tear to me cynical ole eye so it did. Where you Winston Churchill in a previous incarnation ? Hell of a rallying cry. Well done mate . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:51

burger777 wrote:your post started, call me fickle if u want, i will dig it out if u want. lew im on arsenal boards all the time, alot more than u are mate,

Well at least quote it in the correct context! i just have a look and laugh at the gooner board and think .............fickle !

Post by Guest Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:55

so u did call yourelf fickle then,
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Mar 02 2010, 08:57

[

Beautifull post Arnie. Fair bought a tear to me cynical ole eye so it did. Where you Winston Churchill in a previous incarnation ? Hell of a rallying cry. Well done mate . . . . .

Thanks Vis you softy lol ...

Ive had one of those days at home with not much to do so what better than to spend it here with all my fellow yids and a few gooners too it seems lol

Still think we can do it despite everything that seems to be going against us injury wise ...COYS!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11 2024, 21:29