The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
THE FICKLE POEM ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

THE FICKLE POEM ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
HotspurRoper
DJSR
shearspur
BazSpur
ionman34
djfitzo
10 posters

THE FICKLE POEM !

THE FICKLE POEM ! Empty THE FICKLE POEM !

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03 2010, 19:01

Heres a little ditty about us spurs fans being labelled "fickle " hopefully it might give you all a laugh ?

Sometimes we seem in a pickle........so other fans label us fickle !

The manager wont play who we want.........so we call him a bit of a cont !

But then we give wigan a thrashing.......and arry,s triffic, fantastic and smashing !

We also beat liverpool..........we all know arry,s no fool !

But then we cant beat little stoke...........some cried "arry,s a joke " !

always sticking with crouch and defoe........while most of us spurs fans know.......

that its completely and utterly crazy............arry wont play pav cos he,s lazy.

and his subs they dont cut the mustard.....arry is such a silly old bustard.

But we,re 4th and ahead of man city............and it really is bit of a pity !

that we get ourselves in a pickle......so other fans label us fickle.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

THE FICKLE POEM ! Empty Re: THE FICKLE POEM !

Post by djfitzo Wed Mar 03 2010, 19:08

Class Lew, class
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Wed Mar 03 2010, 19:32

Very good Lew.

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03 2010, 20:10

Ha ha, nice one Lew . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Mar 03 2010, 20:41

Lol, Lew.
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:16

THE FICKLE POEM ! Icon_lol kin hell, its pam ayres lovechild. lol

Post by Guest Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:35

shearspur wrote:THE FICKLE POEM ! Icon_lol kin hell, its pam ayres lovechild. lol

It cant be shear ! i would have a roight ol burrrrrrr to me voice........LOL
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Wed Mar 03 2010, 23:39

Nicely put Lew, did you make that up? lol!

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 00:07

DJSR wrote:Nicely put Lew, did you make that up? THE FICKLE POEM ! Lol

Certainly did dj, its an old hobby of mine writing verse, its not the usual stuff i write but it flowed from my pen in the middle of the night.

I dont usually do comic verse like fickle ! but i did one called " the drunkard " along the same lines, its my futile attempt at being funny through a poem.
    Been writing in one way or another since i was a kid, love it and song writing, never tried to have anything made of the stuff , so i have no pretensions to being of any kind of talent, its just a hobby like some people like golf, or football, or following the spurs...........
    DJSR
    DJSR
    Admin
    Admin

Post by DJSR Thu Mar 04 2010, 00:15

Impressive stuff Lew, do em more often mate! THE FICKLE POEM ! Icon_rr

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 01:58

Thanks dj.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:03

We'll have to re-name you lewspurs the Bard THE FICKLE POEM ! Lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:07

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:We'll have to re-name you lewspurs the Bard THE FICKLE POEM ! Lol

Never thought it would get this attention baz ! i just did it for a bit of fun, and because sharon found it funny.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:11

Made me chuckle that Lew, Cracking stuff mate keep up the good work.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Thu Mar 04 2010, 02:17

BANG ON

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 03:40

didn see that this morning well done lew,

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 03:54

lewspurs wrote:

Certainly did dj, its an old hobby of mine writing verse, its not the usual stuff i write but it flowed from my pen in the middle of the night.

I dont usually do comic verse like fickle ! but i did one called " the drunkard " along the same lines, its my futile attempt at being funny through a poem.
    Been writing in one way or another since i was a kid, love it and song writing, never tried to have anything made of the stuff , so i have no pretensions to being of any kind of talent, its just a hobby like some people like golf, or football, or following the spurs...........

What instrument do you use when song writing Lew ? You are a man of hidden depths & talents me thinks . . . . . .THE FICKLE POEM ! 24840

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 04:00

That has to be worth a rep point geezer!!!!!!!!!! trifik bob

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:11

VisionarySound wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

What instrument do you use when song writing Lew ? You are a man of hidden depths & talents me thinks . . . . . .THE FICKLE POEM ! 24840

Well i started off on a guitar back in the 70 s, and then bought a technics keyboard when i had a bit more money, i had music lessons from a private teacher during the 90s because up to then every thing i knew was from ear and i really wanted to learn how to read music, my music teacher must have thought i was ok because i got to play guitar at a carol concert that he ran every year for charity.

I was the only guitarist in a group of classical musicians , and these were people that played with ease, i had the music sheet in front of me but during breaks in the music i wrote notes to keep up with them all, otherwise i would have struggled and would have played silently , THE FICKLE POEM ! Lol and doing that is self defeating.

Writing i have done for years, i have had one work (poem ) published only because sharon bothered to type the thing out and send it into a competition, i have the book though and its nice to see your work there complete with your name etc etc.

Glad it gave everyone a laugh, that was what i intended and it turned out better because the words just seem to fit as i went along.

Thanks chaps !

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:13

MAXIMUS wrote:That has to be worth a rep point geezer!!!!!!!!!! THE FICKLE POEM ! 24840 THE FICKLE POEM ! 52330

Thanks max, one for you too.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:16

burger777 wrote:didn see that this morning well done lew,

Thank you mr burger, hope it gave you a laugh ?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:18

Well done Lew. I always wanted to learn keyboards but never progressed beyond basic, simple chord shapes so I stuck with open stringed instruments . . . . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:32

Tried learning the Guitar once. It made my fingers sore and made my hands ache trying get the chords so that was that.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:34

VisionarySound wrote:Well done Lew. I always wanted to learn keyboards but never progressed beyond basic, simple chord shapes so I stuck with open stringed instruments . . . . . . . .

I am not that fantastic at it vis ! the thing about modern keyboards is that you dont have to play it like a piano, i just play chords with my right hand and basically what the left hand does comes out like a complete orchestra if you like, or a flute, violin, cello, whatever you set the thing to do.

As for reading music for the piano, i am still slow and wouldnt trust myself to perform anything in front of anyone, i am a far better guitarist than a keyboard player, i would and have played guitar in front of loads of people.

Its just a great creative pastime and even better if you compose your own songs and music, about things that mean something to you and your life................

Good luck with the playing , keep at it because its so relaxing, like watching spurs win 5-1 against a near neighbour. THE FICKLE POEM ! Lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 04 2010, 06:40

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Tried learning the Guitar once. It made my fingers sore and made my hands ache trying get the chords so that was that.

Stick at it baz ! your fingertips harden up after a while, and its just like any exercise that is new to you, in this case its your fingers and hands that will ache but all that goes away in a very short time.

There are loads of tuition dvds or videos on the market now, i had to learn guitar chords from a book by dan morgan, look up the bloke and when he wrote that i was just starting, think it was late 60s, its a great hobby baz, imagine playing some of your favourite songs yourself, and in a competent way, its not beyond anyone to learn to play guitar, but you do have to stick with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 21 2024, 02:33