The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
O, hara. EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
O, hara. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
O, hara. EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
O, hara. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
O, hara. EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
O, hara. EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
O, hara. EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
O, hara. EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
O, hara. EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

O, hara. Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

O, hara.

O, hara. Empty O, hara.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 13:31

I never saw the o,hara interview mentioned in the "would you want spurs to lose thread " so i suppose really i shouldnt comment.

But reading between the lines i guess what o,hara is saying that an fa cup final would benefit both portsmouth and himself, firstly it would provide much needed revenue for pompey, and an fa cup appearance for himself.

Yes its not what us spurs fans would really want to hear so i can understand the flak o,hara is getting because of his remarks, however the bloke is being truthful, of course he wants to play in an fa cup final, so how can he do that ...............only by seeing fulham or pompey beat us, ......

As a spurs fan i dont want to hear those remarks coming from a loaned out player, but how many players have we loaned out this season and how many of those players would love to get to an fa cup final (even with the club they are loaned out to ) ..?

I dont like it but i can see where o,hara is coming from.

Last edited by lewspurs on Thu Mar 11 2010, 13:46; edited 1 time in total

O, hara. Empty Re: O, hara.

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11 2010, 13:45

I have just seen the mailonline article about o,hara, what can i say, ? i stick by my remarks that he wants to reach an fa cup final at any odds, even at the expense of the team that employs him, as i said he is so close to appearing at wembley, but only if we get beat, horrible situation to be in really.
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Mar 11 2010, 20:26

Thats the way I see it as well the guy is just desparate to play in a cup final. The thing with loans is that now we don't have a reserve side they will become more and more frequent. Otherwise players will never get to play.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12 2010, 07:13

[quote="seebee1944"]Thats the way I see it as well the guy is just desparate to play in a cup final. The thing with loans is that now we don't have a reserve side they will become more and more frequent. Otherwise players will never get to play.color=blue]Whatever happened to the old combination league ?

No we are not talking about lens old pants ! O, hara. Icon_bounce

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12 2010, 07:54

I can understand O'Hara wants Wembley, but as a Spurs player and with Spurs paying his wages (which is more than Pompey have been able to do at times this season) he really should have kept his silly gob firmly shut . . . . . . O, hara. 105239

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12 2010, 08:11

VisionarySound wrote:I can understand O'Hara wants Wembley, but as a Spurs player and with Spurs paying his wages (which is more than Pompey have been able to do at times this season) he really should have kept his silly gob firmly shut . . . . . . O, hara. 105239

Probably vis, the lad was just telling it as it was in his opinion, truth is he wont get to wembley now will he...........?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 12 2010, 08:25

Well Lew, should we overcome the Harrod's Harriers we then have a Pompey side (sans young Master O'Hara) who will have nothing to lose and everything to prove to our 'arry. 2 tricky games for us me thinks. I'm not my chickens just yet but I am quietley hopefull . . . . . . O, hara. 379710

Last edited by VisionarySound on Fri Mar 12 2010, 08:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : shimple sphellin mishsteaks)

Post by Guest Fri Mar 26 2010, 22:17

Pompey beg Spurs: Let O'Hara play in Cup semi
    Published 23:00 25/03/10 By Alan Nixon Recommend

Avram Grant is going to ask Harry Redknapp to let Jamie O’Hara play for Portsmouth against Tottenham in the FA Cup semi-final.

The Pompey chief hopes that his close friendship with Spurs chief Redknapp will persuade him to let the on-loan midfielder take part in the Wembley clash - to make it more of a game.

Grant is reeling from the loss of top man Nadir Belhadj, whose hamstring injury looks set to rule him out, and his squad is down to the bare bones for the clash with their old manager.

Redknapp and Spurs could allow O’Hara to play and his availability for the fixture is at Tottenham’s discretion. It is against the rules in Premier League clashes, but NOT in the FA Cup.

Grant and Redknapp speak on a regular basis, friends since a spell together at Portsmouth. And the Israeli hopes the Tottenham manager’s sense of fair play may give him a chance.

The former Chelsea chief knows that the Wembley date will mean a lot to the club’s beleaguered supporters and thinks that Spurs may see this as a goodwill gesture.

O’Hara caused trouble when he said he hoped Spurs would lose their replay with Fulham to avoid this personal clash with his employers. But now he could get a shock reprieve.

I say........."BOLLOX TO HIM AND HIS BIG MOUTH!!!!"

I just read this:-

FA Cup rules and regulations 15j - The Association will not give permission for players on loan or work experience to play against the lending Club.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 27 2010, 02:42

Well let's hope he has a real stinker Max, should he gain permission . .. . . . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 17 2024, 15:07