The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
This has shocked me big time ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
This has shocked me big time ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
This has shocked me big time ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

This has shocked me big time ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

3 posters

This has shocked me big time !

This has shocked me big time ! Empty This has shocked me big time !

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 05:03

No recognition 4 chris hughton ! loyal spurs player, unassuming and doing ok at being the main man at newcastle.

He didnt leave spurs he was sacked...................and he has put himself on the line at being in charge at the northern cocks..................

Good luck to chris ! at least he has proved he has what it takes !
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

This has shocked me big time ! Empty Re: This has shocked me big time !

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 18 2010, 05:44

Yep, the man is doing well at Newcastle mores the pity. Nothing against Chris but I just cannot stand the barcodes. For some reason they, as do Wet Spam always thought they were a bigger club than us, fcuk knows why. I remember when Stevie Carr left Spurs and went to them saying he was moving to a bigger club lol.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 18 2010, 05:45

Lew, you beat me to it. He deserves a mention. I think he has done a Fantastic job up there. Inexperienced manager taking on a big club with demands of Newcastle and may get them back into the prem. Fantastic. Newcastle have Spurs to thank for their promotion if they get it. lol

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 06:04

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:Yep, the man is doing well at Newcastle mores the pity. Nothing against Chris but I just cannot stand the barcodes. For some reason they, as do Wet Spam always thought they were a bigger club than us, fcuk knows why. I remember when Stevie Carr left Spurs and went to them saying he was moving to a bigger club lol.

Chris would have been at spurs all his life baz ! it was us that sacked him, its not his fault that he was understudy to a load of losers and paid the price for their failure.

I do know what you mean about the spams and bar codes though, its just jealousy mate.
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Thu Mar 18 2010, 06:56

If the Barcodes make it back into the prem, could we have Houghtons Revenge?

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 09:29

Don't worry about Houghton guys. He will always be a nearly man (shame but true). If the Bar-Codes get up they will replace him with a more "high profile" name. If they do, their loss could be our gain as, he's the sort of ex-player 'arry likes in his backroom staff . . . . . . . ..

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 09:34

ye was our defensiv coach for years and we was awfull at the back. i was happy he went, yea hes doing well and good luck to him he derservies it but i dont want him back at spurs. newcastle will be back in the prem lose a few games and he will be sacked trust me

Post by Guest Thu Mar 18 2010, 09:50

Don't think he will even get a few games Lought. They will look to Shearer or another so-called big name and just say "Why-eye Chrissy bye. Ta much, 'ave a like reet tastee deep fried Mars Bar and like mon do 'un one. Aye ?" (or something similar in that foreign Geordie language they use opp there ). . . . .. .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Thu Mar 18 2010, 18:58

I agree with you blokes, everytime we changed a manager he was still here. I never could see what he brought to the table for us.As Lought says our defence was p*ss poor when he was defensive coach.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 04:36

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:I agree with you blokes, everytime we changed a manager he was still here. I never could see what he brought to the table for us.As Lought says our defence was p*ss poor when he was defensive coach.

Makes me laugh a bit this baz, he didnt have the final decisions and yet loads on here are hinting that he did fck all as defensive coach, you cant coach defenders to play defensively, if the main aim of the manager is to attack and use wings backs.? pmsl................
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Fri Mar 19 2010, 05:10

We had Centre backs though Lew.Or did he only coach the left and right backs? He has gone and we are playing better than ever before. I don't dislike him but just never saw what we had him for. Arry came in and he was history.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 05:41

BazSpur (Admin) wrote:We had Centre backs though Lew.Or did he only coach the left and right backs? He has gone and we are playing better than ever before. I don't dislike him but just never saw what we had him for. Arry came in and he was history.

Centre backs can only be as good as they are baz ! we wont ever turn bassong into a defensive rock like mike england, you can make them more aware of what is going on around them but in the end the talent has to have been there in the first place.
    It was right for chris to move on, but my point is that no one on here ever wished the bloke any luck, he came across as just a spurs failure, but the 80s were the days when i use to go to whl through sun, hail and snow and chris was often the last defender getting in a vital tackle, i saw it for myself many times, and he was a fcking pain to the oppostiton attacking and getting in crosses to our forward line.

A little bit of credit where it is due ! and to say he will be replaced is rubbish, chris will get them up ok, its the next step, the prem is a sh-thouse of a jungle, and the newc fans expect off their managers and players big time , thats the problem for chris, and where have we heard all that before......?
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Mar 19 2010, 09:03

PMSL, Vis that was pretty good impression of my black and white neighbours. This has shocked me big time ! 940866 This has shocked me big time ! 24840 This has shocked me big time ! 268750

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 09:28

Your welcome Lee. I learnt the lingo thro' watching wor Cheryl. Fit as fcuk till she opens her gob. Reet tastee and ah wadnee kick her ohtta baid an lesson ah hadda a reet tastee deep fried Mars Bar like kenna thangee (something like that anyroods) . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Mar 19 2010, 09:35

Heea man, a dint even like deeeeep fryd mars bars man, the propa mankeeee. Holy fcuk do we really sound that fcuking stupid??? LOL

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 09:52

lewspurs wrote:
    BazSpur (Admin) wrote:We had Centre backs though Lew.Or did he only coach the left and right backs? He has gone and we are playing better than ever before. I don't dislike him but just never saw what we had him for. Arry came in and he was history.

Centre backs can only be as good as they are baz ! we wont ever turn bassong into a defensive rock like mike england, you can make them more aware of what is going on around them but in the end the talent has to have been there in the first place.
    It was right for chris to move on, but my point is that no one on here ever wished the bloke any luck, he came across as just a spurs failure, but the 80s were the days when i use to go to whl through sun, hail and snow and chris was often the last defender getting in a vital tackle, i saw it for myself many times, and he was a fcking pain to the oppostiton attacking and getting in crosses to our forward line.

A little bit of credit where it is due ! and to say he will be replaced is rubbish, chris will get them up ok, its the next step, the prem is a sh-thouse of a jungle, and the newc fans expect off their managers and players big time , thats the problem for chris, and where have we heard all that before......?

Lew I gotta, slightly, disagree here. Bassong is starting to look more than able, although he does have a lot to learn yet. With him and Mikey D I am seeing the building blocks of as good a central defensive pairing as King Ledley & Woodgate in full fitness. If that should come to pass we will have as good a pairing since Mabbutt & Gough, and that was an 80's pairing ! 'arry is right to play 'em, even tho' he has no choice. Game time will only make them better. Look at the defences we had with Houghton coaching, you can't blame him for that, just the people signing them, but we are much much better at the back these days

Post by Guest Fri Mar 19 2010, 09:54

HotspurRoper wrote:Heea man, a dint even like deeeeep fryd mars bars man, the propa mankeeee. Holy fcuk do we really sound that fcuking stupid??? LOL

Yes Lee. Yes you do lol. Not 'arf as darft as us sarfen geezers sound tho . . . . . .
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Fri Mar 19 2010, 10:03

pmsl.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Jul 02 2024, 13:13