The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
What is so different about this time? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
What is so different about this time? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
What is so different about this time? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
What is so different about this time? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
What is so different about this time? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
What is so different about this time? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
What is so different about this time? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
What is so different about this time? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
What is so different about this time? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

What is so different about this time? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

What is so different about this time?

What is so different about this time? Empty What is so different about this time?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 01:16

The year when martin jol took us so close to cl qualifiers, i just wasnt convinced, i think at the time ! (then ) i just didnt think the squad was strong enough.

So why do i feel we can do it this time, because someone at spurs has done the right thing, given us a great squad of players, when we lose a player through injury there is quality backup, and thats the difference.

Plus......its our time ! there isnt a one in the year and i never believed in that crap anyway, but we have got to do it the hard way, and that will prove we are the real deal and ready to play in the big arena.............

What is so different about this time? Empty Re: What is so different about this time?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 02:17

thats simple. because we had carrick. thts 1 of the main reasons we did so well and we had mido on form. but the team we have now is better. back then we had midfeild of jenas zokoro tanino and murphy who was was hardly used.
    now we have hudd wp modric gudjohnson jenas all that can play in the middle

What is so different about this time? Empty Re: What is so different about this time?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 07:18

Good point About Carrick Lought. We really missed him, but with the Thudd we have a player in midfield who can pick the pass or run. Surprised you mentioned Jenas ? Moddle and Krancky are soooooooooooooo much better . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 12:21

"what's different about this time"

Last year it was 20 points behind Arsenal, this year it's 'just' 10.

Now, that's progress pmsl What is so different about this time? Lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:10

Mark2spark wrote:"what's different about this time"

what do you call it Mark, going in the wrong direction? you know whats funny, you having to constantly outscore your opponents because your defence is shite, thats why you wont win the league this season or any season until you address your keeper and defence,compare your goals against with Chelski and Manure, never seen that from Arsenal in previous years.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 19:18

Mark2spark wrote:"what's different about this time"

And would you say your team has not progressed this season Mark still being in touching distance of the top 2 ? I would call it progress as this is 'arrys 1st FULL season in charge . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 21:58

djfitzo wrote:...you having to constantly outscore your opponents...

Funny that, I thought that was the idea of football?

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:00

VisionarySound wrote:I would call it progress as this is 'arrys 1st FULL season in charge . . . . . .

Yeah, a bit earlier and he might have been able to sign a few more pompey players lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:09

Can you hear that people? Sounds like something turning, its like a winding sound.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:10

As if.... What is so different about this time? Lol
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:11

What is so different about this time? Lol

Post by Guest Tue Mar 30 2010, 22:29

"There's only one crank-ya" lol
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Mar 30 2010, 23:04

Mark2spark wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:...you having to constantly outscore your opponents...

Funny that, I thought that was the idea of football?

twisty turny ssssssssssssssnake, you know what i meant!! there was a time when you would have been comfortable at 1 or 2 nil, not anymore.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 07:53