The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Dzeko to the Lane ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Dzeko to the Lane ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+2
cstmrsking
ArnieArdiles
6 posters

Dzeko to the Lane ?

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Dzeko to the Lane ? Empty Dzeko to the Lane ?

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 24 2010, 09:54

Are we about to sign Berbatov MKII ?
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Dzeko to the Lane ? Empty Re: Dzeko to the Lane ?

Post by cstmrsking Mon May 24 2010, 10:57

I take it we been linked with him. World Cup Year a lot of Players agents will be telling their players to wait till after the World Cup B4 Agreing to any deals, to see if their stock has risen.
    But Yeah his style does havre a touch of the Berbatovs about it.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon May 24 2010, 11:28

I didnt see the games his team Wolfsburg against Fulham in the EUROPA , Kingy ......did you or anyone else know how he did ?

Post by Guest Mon May 24 2010, 18:32

Don't wanna rain on your parade guys but will Ole Red Nose do the deal with Mk1 for Mk2 ?

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson is ready to offer striker Dimitar Berbatov as part of a £28m-deal for Wolfsburg forward Edin Dzeko.
    Full story: caughtoffside.com
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon May 24 2010, 20:09

PMSL, it was only the other day the Whiskey guzzler was saying how Berbatoss was integral to his plans for United next season.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 24 2010, 23:20

I know it's only U Tube but I like the look of this fella. It's the first I've seen of him but, rather than Berbatov, I thought he reminded me of Van Persie. He appears to have that knack of making a yard out of nothing and has the technique to take advantage of that.

Snaring a Striker like him will be a major coup for us.

Offload Keane, bring him in and we have a forward line as formidable as any. Get the midfield to weigh in as well and we'll score bundles.

Fingers crossed.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Mon May 24 2010, 23:33

ionman34 wrote:I know it's only U Tube but I like the look of this fella. It's the first I've seen of him but, rather than Berbatov, I thought he reminded me of Van Persie. He appears to have that knack of making a yard out of nothing and has the technique to take advantage of that.

Offload Keane, bring him in and we have a forward line as formidable as any. Get the midfield to weigh in as well and we'll score bundles.

Fingers crossed.

Certainly looks good, but how weak is the Krout league? did he score against Fulham?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon May 24 2010, 23:39

[quote="djfitzo"]
    ionman34 wrote:I know it's only U Tube but I like the look of this fella. It's the first I've seen of him but, rather than Berbatov, I thought he reminded me of Van Persie. He appears to have that knack of making a yard out of nothing and has the technique to take advantage of that.

Fingers crossed.

Certainly looks good, but how weak is the Krout league?

No idea mate. We don't get Kraut footy over here but I believe Jim watches a fair bit of it, maybe he can give us a heads up?

did he score against Fulham?

Haven't got a Scooby Dave. Don't get UEFA Cup over here either.

We do get Champions League though.

Deep Joy.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 25 2010, 00:55

VisionarySound wrote:Don't wanna rain on your parade guys but will Ole Red Nose do the deal with Mk1 for Mk2 ?

Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson is ready to offer striker Dimitar Berbatov as part of a £28m-deal for Wolfsburg forward Edin Dzeko.
    Full story: caughtoffside.com

You might have something there Vis ..Wouldnt suprise me if, Fergus has been on the blower to his old mate Mclaren, Wolfsburg's new manager...
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 25 2010, 01:08

djfitzo wrote:

Certainly looks good, but how weak is the Krout league? did he score against Fulham?

Just looked up the Fulham games , Dave and nope he didnt .... ...Ist Leg, a 2-1 home win for Fulham , followed by a Fulham 1-0 away win at Wolfsburg ...Found some long highlights too of the Craven Cottage game and just the one header by Dzeko which really he should've done better with ...No other segments of him shown , maybe he got injured then taken off ? Or maybe was having a Berba type last few games at Spurs , sulking wishing he were somewhere else , thinking that he's to good for Wolfsburg and the Europa League? Dzeko to the Lane ? Lol ...
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 25 2010, 01:28

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Just looked up the Fulham games , Dave and nope he didnt .... ...Ist Leg, a 2-1 home win for Fulham , followed by a Fulham 1-0 away win at Wolfsburg ...Found some long highlights too of the Craven Cottage game and just the one header by Dzeko which really he should've done better with ...No other segments of him shown , maybe he got injured then taken off ? Or maybe was having a Berba type last few games at Spurs , sulking wishing he were somewhere else , thinking that he's to good for Wolfsburg and the Europa League? Dzeko to the Lane ? Lol ...

Well in that case Arnie, do we need another sulky Bebatovesque type player? what does concern me, for whatever reason and know Fulhams defence is pretty tight, if were gonna step up a level, the type of player were after surely would have stuck one away over two legs against Fulham.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 25 2010, 01:50

djfitzo wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Well in that case Arnie, do we need another sulky Bebatovesque type player? what does concern me, for whatever reason and know Fulhams defence is pretty tight, if were gonna step up a level, the type of player were after surely would have stuck one away over two legs against Fulham.

Maybe its harsh of us to judge him on those two games, Dave , he may have been carrying an injury or the team were just out of form at that moment ...
    But his overall 3 seasons at Wolfsburg are pretty good and we have to take note that, Wolfsburg are not one of Germany's elite clubs and that Dzeko's 26 goals helped them to win their first ever Bundesliga in 2009!Edin Džeko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 25 2010, 01:58

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:

Maybe its harsh of us to judge him on those two games, Dave , he may have been carrying an injury or the team were just out of form at that moment ...
    But his overall 3 seasons at Wolfsburg are pretty good and we have to take note that, Wolfsburg are not one of Germany's elite clubs and that Dzeko's 26 goals helped them to win their first ever Bundesliga in 2009!Edin Džeko - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe so Arnie, looking at the clip, he can score with either foot and is good in the air and at only 24, maybe worth a punt, however his contracted until 2013 and Wolfsburg are also in the champs league.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue May 25 2010, 02:17

djfitzo wrote:[

Maybe so Arnie, looking at the clip, he can score with either foot and is good in the air and at only 24, maybe worth a punt, however his contracted until 2013 and Wolfsburg are also in the champs league.

They missed out finishing 8th , Dave ......No Champs League , no EUROPA for them ..2009–10 Fußball-Bundesliga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Post by Guest Tue May 25 2010, 02:34

Copy & pasted below part of an interview with him & some stats I found. Plays in the same front-line as Obifemi Martens, the guy who was at the barcodes . . . . .

Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko has admitted his side's failings this term may see him seek a summer move transfer.

He helped the side win the league title last year to bring Champions League football to the Volkswagen Arena this term but, after a poor showing in the elite competition and on the domestic front, the Bosnian is less than impressed.

Wolfsburg dropped into the Europa League after their Champions League elimination but succumbed to Premier League side Fulham and Dzeko is unhappy that they will not be playing in Europe next season.

Speaking to reporters, he said: "We were champions, then played in the Champions League and Europa League, and now nothing next season.

"That's very disappointing. My goal was always to play for a big club. I hope no-one will be angry with me in Wolfsburg because of that.

"I didn't want to think about a transfer in the past few months because that would have been unprofessional.

"If I go, I will miss a lot of things. It wouldn't be easy, and if it happens, it will only be because it's better for my football future."
    LeagueStartsGoalsSubs onSubs offMins PldRedYellowWorld Cup European QualifyingGerman BundesligaChampions LeagueUnknown
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue May 25 2010, 19:56

ArnieArdiles wrote:
    djfitzo wrote:[

They missed out finishing 8th , Dave ......No Champs League , no EUROPA for them ..2009–10 Fußball-Bundesliga - Wikipedia, the free

encyclopedia

Sorry mate, thought they was champions, was that season before last then!!
    tressman1
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by tressman1 Wed May 26 2010, 00:10

Certainly looks good, but how weak is the Krout league?

No idea mate. We don't get Kraut footy over here but I believe Jim watches a fair bit of it, maybe he can give us a heads up?

did he score against Fulham?

Haven't got a Scooby Dave. Don't get UEFA Cup over here either.

We do get Champions League though.

Deep Joy.[/quote]

Yes we do ion it's called Foxtel every Friday Morning UEFA Cup League thing was on, Dont you pay for your TV in the East my Friend !!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 02:29