The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
AVB Still At The Lane EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
AVB Still At The Lane EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
AVB Still At The Lane EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

AVB Still At The Lane Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

AVB Still At The Lane

vis
    vis

AVB Still At The Lane Empty AVB Still At The Lane

Post by vis Mon Aug 19 2013, 04:39

Andre Villas-Boas: I turned down Real Madrid for Tottenham

AVB Still At The Lane Andre-villas-boas-422697

ANDRE VILLAS-BOAS has revealed he turned down offers to leave Tottenham this summer.

Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid both showed interested in Villas-Boas but the 35-year-old wanted to stay at White Hart Lane so he could finally experience a second season at a club.

His only season at Porto – during which he won three trophies – earned him his short spell at Chelsea, before Spurs offered a route back to management after being sacked.

But he could have moved for a third time in as many seasons and said: “There was a decision to make. But this is my first opportunity to start a second year in the same club. That can give me an advantage and is something I want to try."

He says continuing to work with chairman Daniel Levy and the technical director Franco Baldini was a big factor.

“I have an excellent group of players and the conditions and structures we have are fantastic,” he said.

“The arrival of Franco Baldini takes us to another level. I have great respect for the club and for Daniel and these are the reasons I told the couple of clubs that came knocking I wasn’t interested.”

Real target Gareth Bale is injured for tomorrow’s match at Crystal Palace and Emmanuel Adebayor is also set to miss the clash as he has been given compassionate leave following the death of his brother.

AVB Still At The Lane Empty Re: AVB Still At The Lane

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19 2013, 06:59

love the guy. love hes passion. so glad levy backing him.

vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Aug 19 2013, 07:06

I'd like to think he's going to be here for a long time Lought and build something special.
    But, hey ho, this is football in the 21st Century so I ain't counting me cockerils just yet lol.
    Still it's refreshing to see him say he wants to develop something at The Lane though . . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03 2024, 05:25