The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Finished on here.............. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Finished on here.............. - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+4
Boycey
HotspurRoper
BazSpur
MarkA249
8 posters

Finished on here..............

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Finished on here.............. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finished on here..............

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 21 2010, 10:01

Well, I tell you what Lee. If we scrap the system it will be because of one idiot but the Mods will discuss whether to put it to the vote. It just seems so childish that one person can't act accordingly.

Finished on here.............. - Page 2 Empty Re: Finished on here..............

Post by Guest Sat Aug 21 2010, 19:38

MAXIMUS wrote: You cant give reps to yourself. DOH!! but lew n lought uyou can both have one from me.

lol! You can if you have a couple of different monickers on here max !doh.....not being funny max but sharon has her own email address as i do myself, sharon also had her own name on the old aol spurs board but never contributed much, so she has never joined this new one.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sat Aug 21 2010, 21:34

Other than scrapping the points system is there no possible way of finding out who is doin this and erase them from the board???
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Aug 21 2010, 23:54

Working on it Lee.
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Aug 22 2010, 01:08

Nice one Baz, i assume its hard enough running this board without having to chase this crap up, best of luck mate and keep up the good work!!!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 02:01

thanks baz then lew can say sorry to me. i see adel running the show again for qpr and made 2 goals. im not watchin the game its what the guy said on skysports news
    HotspurRoper
    HotspurRoper

Post by HotspurRoper Sun Aug 22 2010, 03:52

Lought he playing in a much poorer leauge mate, its a case of a player finding his level i think, hope the lad does well and even get back too the prem with QPR but imo, he just not good enough for the big stage!!!!!
    Boycey
    Boycey
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by Boycey Sun Aug 22 2010, 05:11

Leaving here is what they want Lew...dont let them win m8...
    Your point and view is as important as anyones,so dont let them dampen your opinion m8 !!!!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 05:15

im not and in my eyes adel done more in spurs shirt then gio and the championshop is harder then the prem. you dont get no time on the ball in that league unlike the prem theres a lot of easy games in the prem. look at wigan they are uselss
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Aug 22 2010, 06:36

Lew and Lought this is absolutely childish and to be honest i'm getting sick and tired off it.

Lew you start one thread and it gets back onto rep points and Lought you have to keep bringing up Tarbt whatever the subject on here is

Why don't you both give it a rest and get on to what this forum is all about, Spurs and the players and Harry and where we are going to end up and what we are or not going to win this year.

And why should the rep points be stopped because you two can't see eye to eye. Just ignore each other and try and act like adults, OK.

Mikey M

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 07:44

totalytot wrote:
    Lew and Lought this is absolutely childish and to be honest i'm getting sick and tired off it.

Lew you start one thread and it gets back onto rep points and Lought you have to keep bringing up Tarbt whatever the subject on here is

Why don't you both give it a rest and get on to what this forum is all about, Spurs and the players and Harry and where we are going to end up and what we are or not going to win this year.

And why should the rep points be stopped because you two can't see eye to eye. Just ignore each other and try and act like adults, OK.

Mikey M

Corrrr ! mikey i didnt think you had it in you at your age to post such vitriol about and lought and me, what we done now ? lol!

Next you will be telling us you and len have joined the horlicks club......... lol! only joking mike and yeah you are right of course, i wouldnt want the rep points stopped, in fact i was going to ask baz to zero me , and let them stay on zero, suits me because it would stop the sneaky git who is doing it.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 08:33

mike if u go back and read al these post you will see its lew putting down adel so i come back and stick up for the poor lad lol
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 22 2010, 13:09

Lought, you will find it difficult to have anyone on here take you seriously if you truly believe that the Championship is a harder league that the Prem.

I wonder if anyone at West Brom, Newcastle or a host of other yo-yo teams would agree with you.

Seriously mate .............. PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!!!
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Aug 22 2010, 21:53

ionman34 wrote:
    Lought, you will find it difficult to have anyone on here take you seriously if you truly believe that the Championship is a harder league that the Prem.

I wonder if anyone at West Brom, Newcastle or a host of other yo-yo teams would agree with you.

Seriously mate .............. PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!!!

There you go Ion getting yourself repped again. Spot on mate.Now I haven't said anything in this Adel argument but to be honest I thought he looked very promising early on but then it kinda evaporated. Lought can argue that he never got the chance but we all know you make your own chances in football and when you get the opportunity if you don't perform for more than just one game your chance will be gone. I think that's what happened to Adel. Its a shame but that's the way it is. He is gone, not a Spurs player any more and we should all move on and forget him.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sun Aug 22 2010, 23:24

I was with Lought on Adel Baz, to be honest. I thought that he would be one worth persevering with. I championed The Hudd, when he was a youngster, because I thought the same thing. You could see the talent and, as long as you were patient, you could reap the rewards. I think we're starting to see this with The Hudd.

I'd have liked to see us do the same with Taarabt but, for some reason, we didn't. I know about the goon comments, and his belief that he should be playing for Real or Barca, but I don't think that's the whole story, those are just the tidbits we've heard.

The thing that has me leaning towards him being the problem, is the fact that we HAVE invested so much time in nurturing the talents we believe will make it. Lennon, Dawson, Huddlestone, Bale. All have had to go through this learning process and, if they're good enough, will get there shot at the first team. Taarabt is low down the pecking order, that tells me that he doesn't yet offer enough to vie for a first team berth, even for a squad berth. He doesn't believe this and isn't shy about letting everyone know.

This kind of self confidence is usually a good thing, if you have the nous to know that you are learning, and these people will teach you to be a better player. It seems to me, though, that Adel thought he knew more than they.

His journey to the top, if he ever makes it, is going to be a very slow one if he doesn't learn a little more wisdom.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 22 2010, 23:27

spurslegend wrote:
    burger777 wrote:maybe if u stopped whinging and letting on such nonsense bothers u, the childish one may stop doing it, the fact u start posts up complaining about such unimportant things may add to your problems, just a thought.
    why dont you take your gooner sly thoughts and spread them on a site where your fellow gooners can be found or P*ss off back to butlins you bullshitting twat

Fellow gooners can be found here lol!

Post by Guest Mon Aug 23 2010, 12:14

the championship is really hard to get out of. ask sheff w barnsley boro qpr. in that league theres not much football being played. not a lot of time on the ball. loook at the prem so far this season loads of teams have been thrashed.

gio was loaned out to some 3rd divison league and kept getting subbed and bad reveiws. its only the world cup that saved him

adel since warnock taken over has run the show in all 3 qpr games winnin 3 games creatin 4 pens and was even made captain.

most spurs fans new bale could play left midfeild but harry wouldnt play him untill jan last season because of injuries and even admited he almost loaned him out.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Mon Aug 23 2010, 12:47

[quote="Loughtonlegend"]the championship is really hard to get out of. ask sheff w barnsley boro qpr. in that league theres not much football being played. not a lot of time on the ball. loook at the prem so far this season loads of teams have been thrashed.

Loads of teams?

At the end of the season, Lought, look at who goes down and which were the teams that got thrashed. I'll bet any amount you like that the two lists will be almost identical.

Look at the majority of teams who do get promoted, how often do they stay in the Prem? Even those teams that walked the Fizzy Pop get put to the sword in the Prem sooner or later. These teams got out and, within 2-3 seasons, get sent straight back again. The rest can't get out because they're not good enough, not because the league is harder. They get trounced by the promoted teams who, in turn, get trounced in the Prem.

Pretty cut & dried Lought.

gio was loaned out to some 3rd divison league and kept getting subbed and bad reveiws. its only the world cup that saved him

Nothing to do with the league, all to do with the player.

adel since warnock taken over has run the show in all 3 qpr games winnin 3 games creatin 4 pens and was even made captain.

Lought, you don't need to convince me about Taatabt, I too think he has skill to spare. This is the reason why I think HE was the problem as Spurs usually have the patience to coax that to the fore. The Championship is slower, has less skilled players and is more forgiving of mistakes. If you doubt this then look at the records of all those who have come up, having scored hatfulls, only to go down again because they couldn't find goals. The likes of Brett Ormorod have made a great living scoring goals in the Fizzy. Given a chance in the Prem they couldn't score in a brothel. This should give you some perspective of how much easier it is to look like a Superstar in the Fizzy. The Prem is a much higher standard. I think Taarabt would have made it to the show rather easily had he shut up and listened to coaches et al who've already been there, done it and knew how to get him there sooner rather than later. He didn't though, thought he knew better and was shown the door. There's more to being a top Prem player than just lots of skill, you have a role to play within the team and responsibilities towards your team mates. You like to compare Adel to Ronaldo, did you ever hear Ronaldo bitching about being dropped when he played shoite for Utd? Did he ever express a wish that he should have joined Citeh? or Liverpool?

No. He did the knowledge, learned from the coaches and became an invaluable player because he was an asset rather than a liability. In other words he took exactly the opposite route to Taarabt, with exactly the opposite result

most spurs fans new bale could play left midfeild but harry wouldnt play him untill jan last season because of injuries and even admited he almost loaned him out.

And so what? Start of the season, Bale really was garbage. His confidence was totally shot and he couldn't put a foot right. He was dropped, the coaching staff worked with him and now look at him. Whether Harry was looking to loan him out or not is irrelevant, he became a better player by listening, learning and waiting for the opportunity to prove it.

If only Taarabt had that kind of maturity.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 02:44

u say what u want lought, i have loved your stance on tarrbt and cant believe the press u get for saying what u think, u get rounded up on more than i do, pmsl fun aint it. lought likes tarrabt as a player and thats his opinions, he has backed his liking of him with facts about what he has done whilst on loan and for his country, he has started for qpr like a man on fire and has been made club captain by a wirely old fox like warnock, but u constantly knock his thinking even getting to the name callin and insulting his inteligance levels, using crack pipes and insults to really push home your opinions, i know its not a usual thing for a yid supporter to wait for youth to progress but let this guy have his opinion ona good player ffs, ps loughts reference about the champ league can be a difficult place for any player was totally taken out of text btw, but thats your way ion which has been published by a few other posters in the last 12 months. lought meant that the coca cola has some decent defenders in it,and beacuse of the football played down there its a tough division, its only 1 tier under the prem, not a 100.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Aug 24 2010, 03:03

WAKE UP GOONER YOUR A GOONER LOL
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Aug 24 2010, 03:10

burger777 wrote:u say what u want lought, i have loved your stance on tarrbt and cant believe the press u get for saying what u think, u get rounded up on more than i do, pmsl fun aint it. lought likes tarrabt as a player and thats his opinions, he has backed his liking of him with facts about what he has done whilst on loan and for his country, he has started for qpr like a man on fire and has been made club captain by a wirely old fox like warnock, but u constantly knock his thinking even getting to the name callin and insulting his inteligance levels, using crack pipes and insults to really push home your opinions, i know its not a usual thing for a yid supporter to wait for youth to progress but let this guy have his opinion ona good player ffs, ps loughts reference about the champ league can be a difficult place for any player was totally taken out of text btw, but thats your way ion which has been published by a few other posters in the last 12 months. lought meant that the coca cola has some decent defenders in it,and beacuse of the football played down there its a tough division, its only 1 tier under the prem, not a 100.

I thought Ion summed it up exactly right, a player with skill, but the wrong attitude, your only backing Lought to cause trouble,the majority of us summed up Adel exactly the same, but because a few may have had a joking dig at Lought, you pick that out and use it for your own agenda!!

I'd rather take Harrys and the coaching staffs word on Taraabt then Loughts or yours for that matter.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 03:43

u really think my post was about the actuals happening of tarrabt. lol frightening.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:03

LETS GET RID OF THIS GOONER SCUM HES JUST A P*ss TAKER AND PEOPLE ON HERE ARE GETTING SICK OF ITS SLY DIGS AT US YIDS WAKE UP BAZ AND OFF LOAD THEIS TWAT
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:03

I thought your post was about Lought being able to say what he likes. I'd like to know what makes you think Lought hasn't said what he wanted? Lought always plays it straight and says exactly what he feels. Nothing wrong with that and no one said there was. The other side of the coin of course is that everyone else has the right to disagree with him. That's democracy Burger.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 24 2010, 05:37

never argued the fact about democracy baz, and your right lought has stook to his guns, and fair play to him too imo,i cant see the problem with any fan liking a young player at the club he supports and i couldn see myself ever wanting to turn him off these feelins, hes been called names, intelligance insulted, people threatening to leave, rep points being blamed on this subject and other things, i aint sure that can be called democracy, not in my eyes anyway. but like u have said loughts handled himself very well and thats the thing that probably bothers people most.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content