The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Crouch wants Real Madrid  EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Crouch wants Real Madrid  Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

4 posters

Crouch wants Real Madrid

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouch wants Real Madrid  Empty Crouch wants Real Madrid

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Aug 26 2010, 10:32

Crouchy wants a trip to Madrid ......again ...........dirty sod Crouch wants Real Madrid  692316 lol

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/championsleague/news/crouchonyoungboyswin/
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Crouch wants Real Madrid  Empty Re: Crouch wants Real Madrid

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 26 2010, 11:01

ArnieArdiles wrote:Crouchy wants a trip to Madrid ......again ...........dirty sod Crouch wants Real Madrid  692316 lol

Good on him, bring them all on and show no fear.

We are in a beautiful situation here chaps, there is no real weight of expectation on us regarding the CL, apart from the expectation to go out there and give a right good showing of ourselves. As this is the case then by all means let's have some real big names back at the Lane. We've already put two of the highest regarded teams in Europe to the sword at WHL (the goons & the chavs) so why should we fear anyone there?

I can remember being in the Paxton when Spurs played Barca there, back when Roberts was CH and Clemence in goal, and that atmosphere was special. I can't be there now but I'd love for the rest of the faithful to experience that, particularly those who only have olduns like me, or older, to tell them the stories of those special nights.

Bring 'em on!! You can't be the best until you take on and overcome the best ......................... And my wish is that we become the name that is most feared in Europe.
    sarflondonar
    sarflondonar
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by sarflondonar Thu Aug 26 2010, 13:00

ionman34 wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:Crouchy wants a trip to Madrid ......again ...........dirty sod Crouch wants Real Madrid  692316 lol

Good on him, bring them all on and show no fear.

We are in a beautiful situation here chaps, there is no real weight of expectation on us regarding the CL, apart from the expectation to go out there and give a right good showing of ourselves. As this is the case then by all means let's have some real big names back at the Lane. We've already put two of the highest regarded teams in Europe to the sword at WHL (the goons & the chavs) so why should we fear anyone there?

I can remember being in the Paxton when Spurs played Barca there, back when Roberts was CH and Clemence in goal, and that atmosphere was special. I can't be there now but I'd love for the rest of the faithful to experience that, particularly those who only have olduns like me, or older, to tell them the stories of those special nights.

Bring 'em on!! You can't be the best until you take on and overcome the best ......................... And my wish is that we become the name that is most feared in Europe.

It will be a lucky few on here that will make it to a CL game, i'm sure. I probably have as much chance going as you and your'e around the other side of the world. But i will me more than happy to watch those up and coming special nights on the box.

As you say nobody expects us to do anything in the group stages, so it's a win win situation.

I hope they keep there celebrations to a minimum tonight, it's an amazing acheivement and something Everton must be green eyed about, but we haven't won anything yet, just qaulified. And there's still alot to do this season including making it back into the top four.

PROUD + BUZZZING!!!!!!!!!!!as i'm sure the boys are just hope theirs is legal!

Post by Guest Thu Aug 26 2010, 19:15

Said elsewhere that not too many teams are goning to want us in their group. We are the darkhorses and many managers will be hoping to avoid us early on . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Aug 26 2010, 21:46

Guys I posted Crouchys comments in view of the recent revelations ?????? lol

Thought Crouchy couldve shown a little more tact for his missus and named another team other than Madrid thats all lol...

Ion, I were at that game versus Barca too.......Clemence did a, Gomes away to Fulham and let one in through his fingers and Robbo got us the equaliser ... I were in the Park Lane that night below the Barca fans who were up in the seats behind us ...When Robbos goal went in, behind police protection , they pelted us with their cans of beer !
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Aug 26 2010, 23:06

Yeah I was there too and as I recall Barcelona kicked us all over the pitch.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Thu Aug 26 2010, 23:45

You're not wrong Seebee, P*ssing down with rain too remember? The ball went through Clemences hands like a bar of soap, I still reckon he took his eye off the ball too. I can remember Roberts going on one of his storming runs through the middle when some dirty Dago came sliding in and drove his studs into Robbo's stomach!

Barca were a filthy team in those days, didn't 'The Beast' play for them then?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 08 2024, 10:59