The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Will he ?wont he ? EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Will he ?wont he ? EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Will he ?wont he ? EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Will he ?wont he ? Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

Will he ?wont he ?

Will he ?wont he ? Empty Will he ?wont he ?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 27 2010, 15:45

Well now we are through to the important part of the cl, we have to ask will levy loosen the purse strings ?

Harry reportedly said that after the wigan game he is off for a 5 day break, and that he has no plans in the transfer market ! hmmmmmm !

Harry said he needed to get in a few names to really make spurs compete with the best, and that hasnt happened.

I reckon at least one player will come in before the window closes next tuesday, and a couple could be leaving.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Will he ?wont he ? Empty Re: Will he ?wont he ?

Post by ionman34 Fri Aug 27 2010, 22:20

Harry reportedly said that after the wigan game he is off for a 5 day break, and that he has no plans in the transfer market ! hmmmmmm !

A 5 day break when the season has just started, we've just qualified for the CL proper and the transfer window is open ..............................................................

OK then, have a nice relaxing break then Harry, you must be knackered.

Apparently Spain is rather nice this time of year, particularly when you Samba.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Fri Aug 27 2010, 22:39

I hope Levy doesnt loosen the purse strings because this is where clubs like liverpool faultered , clubs like chelsea can afford to spend with a billionaire owner .

Levy is the only premierleague chairmen with an Oxford degree in finace & business , he would never even comtemplate throwing money at the solution when we have a decent enough team already, i think the loan deals that are being put togeather is levy's doing, he's basically saying one step at a time , lets learn from other teams failures i.e liverpool & leeds .

Throwing money about and bringing in big names is not the answer , chelsea & Citeh can do this , we can afford anyone , but the risk is greater in the long run, levy is a very clever buisnessmen who looks a head to the future & speculates growth of markets , if it means putting spurs at risk finacialy he wont do it, rather than looking for a quick big name fix.

Dare i say it,but we have to look @ a*se-nal as an example of how to stay ahead of the rest without breaking the bank . i think the loaning of players is a good idea , in levy i trust .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:54