The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
wont have it EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
wont have it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
wont have it EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
wont have it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
wont have it EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
wont have it EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
wont have it EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
wont have it EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
wont have it EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

wont have it Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+5
spurslegend
ArnieArdiles
LOBO
djfitzo
YID FROM DAV
9 posters

wont have it

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

wont have it Empty wont have it

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 01:59

just because harry has done a great job at spurs, the board and fans need to be loyal to him. harry did his job at the time and got very well paid for it, he pulled us out of the sh*t and took us to champ league football, all this is true and all this i thank him for, but he aint the guy who can take us further, he has shown interest in another job and lets be honest loyalty aint up harrys street, tactically he is naive, some of his selectons and sytems have me baffled, 4 5 1 against bolton, with 2 holding midfielders, please can anyone agree with this side against bolton who are a team that will love u to invite them on, we should of passed them off the park and blasted them with football, but no harry goes in defensive plays inexperienced players in big positions and we get hammered. i dont believe in loyalty in football, i dont care how good a job someone is doing i am only interested in going forward and improving. harry can do a 1 off job at home to milan to get us all buzzing then 3 days later he deflates us with a performance like that. i work in retail for tesco who make millions of pounds in profit every year, now if that profit margin dont go up the same percentage wise every year, lots of people will be sacked, no matter how good they did in previous years. this constant reasoning behind defending harry just because hes done a good job is ok in a perfect world but if you wanna go to the next level it aint. the job harry has now is very different to the one when he came, harry was ideal at the start for the job that needed doing, but he aint ideal now, levy and the board should realise this and get the man in who can take us further.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

wont have it Empty Re: wont have it

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 02:34

YID FROM DAV wrote:just because harry has done a great job at spurs, the board and fans need to be loyal to him. harry did his job at the time and got very well paid for it, he pulled us out of the sh*t and took us to champ league football, all this is true and all this i thank him for, but he aint the guy who can take us further, he has shown interest in another job and lets be honest loyalty aint up harrys street, tactically he is naive, some of his selectons and sytems have me baffled, 4 5 1 against bolton, with 2 holding midfielders, please can anyone agree with this side against bolton who are a team that will love u to invite them on, we should of passed them off the park and blasted them with football, but no harry goes in defensive plays inexperienced players in big positions and we get hammered. i dont believe in loyalty in football, i dont care how good a job someone is doing i am only interested in going forward and improving. harry can do a 1 off job at home to milan to get us all buzzing then 3 days later he deflates us with a performance like that. i work in retail for tesco who make millions of pounds in profit every year, now if that profit margin dont go up the same percentage wise every year, lots of people will be sacked, no matter how good they did in previous years. this constant reasoning behind defending harry just because hes done a good job is ok in a perfect world but if you wanna go to the next level it aint. the job harry has now is very different to the one when he came, harry was ideal at the start for the job that needed doing, but he aint ideal now, levy and the board should realise this and get the man in who can take us further.

Who would you replace him with?

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 02:46

I think the problem is the expectation level has completely gone throught the roof with some fans me in included .

My argument is you cant blame the players all the time, i believe the buck always stops at the manager no matter who he is, if players dont perform dont play them simple, the squad we have is more than capable of regaining fourth spot again, we have one of the best benches in the league, we should in theory be right up there this season because we've added some good players to the team.

Time will tell whether or not things will improve for harry, for his sake i hope they do because no matter how much he wants the england job i still want to see Spurs win everything possible.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:02

Yes do name who we should replace Harry with , Yid and while you're at it how about telling us what we do with Joe Jordan and all the other backroom staff ? ....

Also with this new 'top man' coming in , what kind of contract does this new 'top man' get ? ....Will it be 4-5 years , 5 million a year in wages and if after a similar time at the club as to Harry's 2 years , this 'top man' is having a blip, we get shot of him with a 15 million compensation package ?

There are times when Harry p*sses me off too but are we really serious about sacking him now ?
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:06

ArnieArdiles wrote:Yes do name who we should replace Harry with , Yid and while you're at it how about telling us what we do with Joe Jordan and all the other backroom staff ? ....

Also with this new 'top man' coming in , what kind of contract does this new 'top man' get ? ....Will it be 4-5 years , 5 million a year in wages and if after a similar time at the club as to Harry's 2 years , this 'top man' is having a blip, we get shot of him with a 15 million compensation package ?

There are times when Harry p*sses me off too but are we really serious about sacking him now ?

Sacking Harry !! good grief that would be a disarster fullstop

I think we should be aware of all situations that could arrise in the near future and have a plan inplace, managers come and go tottenham is for life .
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:19

Couple of wins and we are in the mix again.
    I said in an earlier thread, all the teams around us, Newcastle, Everton etc, even Pool, what happens in January when the inevitable cold comes and the injuries start coming thick and fast, i'll tell you what, the same as last season, those teams will struggle because they dont have quality benches and by then we should have a full compliment with most of out injuries out of the way.

YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:23

im not sure of the names, van gaal may fancy a change from munich, rijkard is managing in the melt pot of turkey and hiddink is only doing a national team. yes they would come with a price and big wages, but does harry do the job for nothing then, i bet harry is on the same money as the top earners are so cant really see your point with the money thing, it may cost us more but not alot more and if it brings success there extra money will be well worth it. we were 2 nill down against bolton and the camera stayed on harry for about 30 seconds, he looked clueless, he looked like a man that didn know what to do. 4 5 1 and 2 holding midfielders against bolton, do u think thats the tactics fergie would use going to bolton. crouch being the outlet as well, the same dire tactics were used against everton. wigan,west ham, wolves last season, fcuk me dont this guy learn from mistakes.
    spurslegend
    spurslegend
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by spurslegend Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:25

P*ss off burger
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 03:28

[quote="spurslegend"]P*ss off burger [/quote/sorry

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:10

well for the past 2 seasons everton have started bad then from jan they become really good and nearly finnised 5th last season.

why did harry play kranker on the right. dont he remember the other games hes played them there.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:19

Dave obviously thinks you are Burger, a goon who was kicked off here.
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:34

BazSpur wrote:Dave obviously thinks you are Burger, a goon who was kicked off here.
    im not sure what hes going on about bazspurs, but i definately aint no goon i assure you of that.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:56

Oh I know mate, I am privy to your IP address.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 04:58

Dave what makes you think Yid is Burger in disguise ???
    YID FROM DAV
    3rd Division
    3rd Division

Post by YID FROM DAV Tue Nov 09 2010, 05:06

feel a bit p*ssed off tbh, call me anything but a goon, i hate the feckers with a passion, now i have some bloke who i have never spoke to before accussing me of being one. not sure where that has come from but wont probably post again, fcuk this sh*t
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 05:14

Stay on yid Dave sees goons everywhere.take no notice.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 05:21

Yid think this over. Lets see if admin & mods can resolve it before you make a sudden decision. You seem to have enjoyed your posting so let's find out from Legend why he thinks this & not loose a guy who is becoming a regular visitor to the board . . . . . . .

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:01

spurslegend wrote:P*ss off burger

D'ya know Legend there would be a fair few people on here who would be happy if Yid was Burgs ! There are posters who miss the banter with him and also his opinions. But some shouted loudly and persuaded Admin to have him banned. I admit I didn't like the way threads where being hijacked but there we go. I miss the banter as well but the naughty goners where banished. OK they did take liberties and seemed to forget the board was SPURS but they also posted regulary and added to the general flavour of things. It would be odd & perverse for a person to pretend to support another team and spend the last 6 weeks or so claiming to support their fiercest rivals but hey you never can tell eh ? We have young Yid who is starting threads and adding input to others and we have an accusation that you think he is Burger777. We have assurances that no IP adresses match up. But still you see him as Burgs. Like to know why you think that Legend ? And I would like to see this resolved. We are always trying to attract new posters to the forum and before we see them attacked and possibly put off from visiting us I would like to see substance before rhetoric . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:09

The first thing I did was compare the IP addresses. Guess what? No match. Maybe I ought to invite the goons back. At least we would know where they were.

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:11

invite them back but let them post in a differnt section or sumthing

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:26

Is that possible Baz ? Stop them posting in this section but allow them too in others ? As I've said to Legend many posters have said to me that they miss the banter. Some of the posts IMO really overstepped the mark but others where well thought out and added to board in ways we as Spurs fan's may not have been able too. I would think after the ban they would say fek orf lol but I don't want to see new posters put off . . . . ..

Post by Guest Tue Nov 09 2010, 07:38

YID FROM DAV wrote:feel a bit p*ssed off tbh, call me anything but a goon, i hate the feckers with a passion, now i have some bloke who i have never spoke to before accussing me of being one. not sure where that has come from but wont probably post again, fcuk this sh*t

Listen yid ! i have threatened many times to leave the board because certain posters didnt like me ! then i realised i miss the spurs chat, and that no one person would make me think like that again (quit something i enjoy)

Dave is touchy about harry !always has been, i dont want harry gone, nobody wants harry gone, look at the evidence, and what he has done in little over 2 years, who the fck do you replace him with ? have we got to start all over again and hear that old chestnut " i need five years " lol.

You will soon learn on here that you do get little quips that P*ss you off, its part and parcel of a forum where you are at a keyboard, not face to face.

Its ok mate baz says you arent burger and he should know ! so come on legs ! lighten up

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Tue Nov 09 2010, 10:03

ip address can be changed

You have 2 options , static or dynamic, if you set your rooter to Static then you can change your ip everytime you reboot your Modem, not PC , anyone can do it, in theory you can have as many ip as you want.

Not saying yid is burger, but the ip people sign up with on this forum is the one that is in the admin, but anyone with half a brain can change there ip with even knowingly doing so, rebooting the Modem should do it
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Tue Nov 09 2010, 10:41

Ah, that answers why many on here have different IPs. However it doesn't answer why Dave thinks Yid is Burger.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Tue Nov 09 2010, 13:55

Jesus, it seems that every time we lose a game the same old tosh comes out;

'Harry has taken as far as he can.'

'He's not the man for the job.'

'We need someone who can take us forward.'

It's a repeat of all the same old cobblers we heard when Jol had a bad start to the season.
    Well, the haters got their way and the most successful manager since Burkinshaw, was replaced by ...................................

Juande Ramos.

Now Harry has taken the debacle that Ramos left, shaken it up, got it playing some great Football and put us in the CL for the first time in our History.

He currently has us in 7th and touching distance of the top spot. He's been the Architect of the success and the dreams & expectations that we Spurs now have.

What he hasn't been the Architect of is this ridiculous notion that he MUST be infallible.

Those same shouters are also stating that he's never been in this position before so can't take us any further.

Excuse me? How did any of the other top managers get to where they are without first never having the experience?

What a ridiculous statement to make, he's never been there so he can't take us there. I swear to God, the mouth is working whilst the brain is frantically screaming 'Will you shut the f**k up!'

How many times do I have to say that we are on the cusp of something special here? The team is not the finished article and never will be until some fans learn some patience. We've seen how well we can play over the course of the last season and a bit. The Inter game wasn't a one off, it was the culmination of all the abilities this team has meeting in the one match. It served to show what we are capable of, it was the first real showing that we have had of what this team can achieve, the last season showed us glimpses, to greater or lesser degrees.

Now the team has to learn to bring that all into play with more consistency. Do you people honestly believe that will happen by sacking Harry and starting again?

It's like sacking a sculptor, halfway through the carving of a work of art, to bring in another who's vision is totally different. The original piece gets recarved and parts are lost.

Then you get fed up with this sculptor, as he's taking too long, and replace him with another. Different vision, same result because a work of art takes time and you guys aren't prepared to give it.

What you end up with is an unfinished piece of work that you are never satisfied with.

The last finished piece I saw in Spurs shirts was under Burkinshaw. How many years did he have to get it right?

Anyone with eyes can see that Spurs are creating a team that could challenge the '61 side for greatness. The Bill Nick side wasn't formed in a season, all the elements took time with fewer games played and no European competition. This team is facing more obstacles but they are overcoming them more often than not. Their consistency, or lack thereof, is just another one to overcome.

Yes, the manager has to shoulder some of the blame but, as many are so quick to point out, these are professional Footballers and are required to take responsibility for their own actions and failures. They are quick enough to bask in the glory when praise comes their way.

But Harry has his failings. Crouch being the main one. I like the guy, I love his honest graft and team ethic.

I hate his profligacy in front of goal though and that is becoming more and more prevalent. Granted, him scoring has little to do with us letting in 4, but he has cost us goals and, as a result, points.
    I'd start him in every CL game because he is hugely effective in Europe, but his lack of goals is a liability in the league, and that's our bread and butter. We know that Pav struggles as a lone front man so put Gio in with him up front.

Hey, if 'Man who sucks Lemons' can turn 2 wingers into strikers then why can't we?

This is Harry's biggest failing, his stubborn adherence to Crouch.

Enough to sack him?

Are you mental?

He hasn't had 2 full seasons yet and already the armchair experts know better. They've gazed into the future and seen the shape of things to come. He CAN'T take us forward.

Based on what exactly, a steady progression up the league?

I understand the frustration of losing when I believe we should have won. I also understand the profound feeling of disappointment, of feeling like you've been let down, wanting to lash out in that frustration.
    But that frustration derives from an expectation brought on by what I know the team can achieve. My belief is that the team WILL achieve once they overcome the remaining hurdles.

There are those of you who think that I'm deluded by a few good games, that I'm buying into the hype. I've seen too many false dawns to be bought that easily and have always been cautious.

This is no false dawn, but it is a dawn.

There might be a few thunderclouds around but, on the whole, I reckon it'll be a lovely day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:52