The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
An opinion only........ EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
An opinion only........ EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
An opinion only........ EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
An opinion only........ EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
An opinion only........ EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
An opinion only........ EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
An opinion only........ EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
An opinion only........ EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
An opinion only........ EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

An opinion only........ Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

An opinion only........

An opinion only........ Empty An opinion only........

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:03

I have to say that banning burger and mark from the forum is a brave decision by baz ! but having said that both in my opinion were pretty easy to see through anyway ! they would argue and counter argue until in the end it became pointless, both of them would never admit defeat or tactfully leave the subject, from that point of view neither of them had much credability left on here in the end.

I always felt that burger used to have some intelligent content in his posts when he talked about certain tottenham players, he must have taken the time to study us, moreso than i do of arsenal because i am just not interested in any part of them ........apart from beating them every game of course.

Mark was obviously backing burger so much so that he lost his own way on here entirely.

There was a gap on here during the summer when burger was missing for months, and when he did come back on at the seasons start he did so with a different attitude than the old burger, it was a big mistake i felt on his part, because that attitude turned from sensible discussion to insane argument and triviality, and then of course the obvious attempt to split opinions on here...........that was insidious.

Still ! at the end of the day i have to admit that i enjoyed proving them both wrong, although they would never admit to it, and i enjoyed winding them both up because they were so easy to do so, but of course the wind ups seemed to go over both their heads, they seemed ! or burger did in particular that he himself was winding you up. LOL.

At the end of the day (to coin a phrase ) i never took either one of them too seriously, as i would one of ions posts, or say jims, or vis...........the content just wasnt there to actually give them that accolade.

Banning may have been a bit harsh...........but its not a problem with me.

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

An opinion only........ Empty Re: An opinion only........

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:24

lol , were all missing them already. we aint stopped gassing about them.to be fair they did contribute to some good disscusions but that last one got a bit out of control. they never got under my skin, i just read it and dismiss it if i thought it was crap.still think you need a bit of an outside view sometimes before we all get carried away.lol

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:28

shearspur wrote:lol , were all missing them already. we aint stopped gassing about them.to be fair they did contribute to some good disscusions but that last one got a bit out of control. they never got under my skin, i just read it and dismiss it if i thought it was crap.still think you need a bit of an outside view sometimes before we all get carried away.lol

Totally agree shear, i was going to ignore burg for a while anyway until he had his sensible head on.

Who do we wind up now with no gooners on here ? lol!

Last edited by lewspurs on Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:39; edited 1 time in total
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:31

as arnie once said . theyll be back .lol

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:39

there was times when it was so dead on here but recently we been getting loads of post. The people moaning about mark and burgs are the people that hardly post on here.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 08:45

Well i never moaned about them lought ! just argued with them until i got fed up and then left it when it became pointless, or (and i enjoyed it) when either of them took the bait on a wind up ! you just knew that when you said a certain thing about the goons that burger would come crashing in and have his say.

He must have patroled all the posts on here from night to day lol!

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 09:01

yea and at times im sure you enjoyed arguein with them. like me ionman vis.

Im just a bit suprised that they have been banned
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 11 2010, 09:23

Rightly or wrongly I took a decision on my own. We may have had more posting on those threads but if you go back and look at those it was the same people posting all the time. Burger Mark Me, Vis, Lew, ion and Lought. The whole of some threads were being monopolized by the goons and their petty arguments and wind ups. There was a drop off in posters during the time they started their campaign of hijacking threads.etc. I felt that was a step too far. It may or may not have been the right decision but it is a decision that has been made. Its time to move on now. I hope in a few weeks we will see it was the right decision. We'll see.

Last edited by BazSpur on Sat Sep 11 2010, 10:46; edited 1 time in total
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sat Sep 11 2010, 09:40

baz, your the guvnor on this site mate and i have nothing but respect for whatever decicions you make. you were good enough to set all this up for us with dj for all us old aohell users and it is well appreciated, i was just thinking sometimes its good to have a bit of outside critisism to keep us on our toes and for us to give a bit back to other non spurs when we get a great result, otherwise were all just back slapping one another and getting no pleasure from a bit of "BANTER" LOL.just my thoughts bud
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 11 2010, 10:51

Shear, your thoughts are as valid as anyone else s including mine. Long may it continue.
    totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sat Sep 11 2010, 17:00

Personally I am quite happy they have gone. Although they never bothered me as every time I saw their posts I just skipped over them. Sometime back I would occasionally answer a Burger post when he had something relevant and interesting to say but in recent months I found him and the other guy boring and tedious.

It all stemend from the moment we appeared on the same playing level as them.....although they would never admit it.
    We all have mates who support different clubs and we are always arguing with them about who has the best players and sometimes it can get heated but it is always friendly banter. This became more than that and was taking over this great forum of ours and we couln't let that happen and I applaud Baz and all the Mods for making the right decision by banning them.

Now lets get back to why we are here. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mikey M
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Sep 11 2010, 17:39

[quote="totalytot"]
    Personally I am quite happy they have gone. Although they never bothered me as every time I saw their posts I just skipped over them. Sometime back I would occasionally answer a Burger post when he had something relevant and interesting to say but in recent months I found him and the other guy boring and tedious.

It all stemend from the moment we appeared on the same playing level as them.....although they would never admit it.
    We all have mates who support different clubs and we are always arguing with them about who has the best players and sometimes it can get heated but it is always friendly banter. This became more than that and was taking over this great forum of ours and we couln't let that happen and I applaud Baz and all the Mods for making the right decision by banning them.

Now lets get back to why we are here. COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repped Mikey as I think you have hit the nail right on the head.

When we were 'aspiring' towards CL they were condescending but in a tolerable way. As soon as it became apparent that we had caught up with them rapidly, and so many others were commenting on it, that was when it became vitriolic.

They started trying to wind people up, but their problem was that there are far more intelligent posters on here than them. We sussed them immediately and they reverted to type.

My brother used to do it to me when we were younger. He'd get caned in an argument and, instead of leaving it gracefully, would continue in the same vein just to push my buttons then claim victory. I learnt very early the signs of an idiot.

I also know when someone is lying through his teeth to me, or in this case through his keyboard. That was why I backed the muppet into a corner. I told him many Moons ago, on AOHELL, that he didn't have the tools and nothing has changed.

WSOP my a*se!

BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sat Sep 11 2010, 18:17

Thanks Mikey and ion. We saw the signs a long time ago as to what they were up to. I was willing to give them a chance on here but just recently as you say when it became obvious we were on the cusp of becoming a very good team they decided to up the ante. I believe had they been allowed to stay on here they would have ripped this forum apart. That is why after some discussions with DJ and Vis I decided to terminate their contract so to speak. The main trouble with them was.......they forgot they were on a Spurs forum.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Sep 11 2010, 19:01

Personally im glad too, not so much with Mark, but like any one of us would do with a fellow Spur, he backed a fellow Gooner. Ive had countless run-ins with Burger and like everyone has said you back him into a corner and he goes off thread. Im a little surprised that Mark didnt contact him privately to tone down his posts, guess the pair of them didnt like this forum as much I thought they did, maybe Ion hit the nail on the head with our status now as a top 4 team and the reason to wind us up has and will become much harder as we progess.

Post by Guest Sat Sep 11 2010, 21:33

BazSpur wrote:Thanks Mikey and ion. We saw the signs a long time ago as to what they were up to. I was willing to give them a chance on here but just recently as you say when it became obvious we were on the cusp of becoming a very good team they decided to up the ante. I believe had they been allowed to stay on here they would have ripped this forum apart. That is why after some discussions with DJ and Vis I decided to terminate their contract so to speak. The main trouble with them was.......they forgot they were on a Spurs forum.

I think baz that had we gone out to young boys they would have been returning to that scenario at every opportunity on here.

When mark went on and on about wigan i just threw ar5ena1 back in his face, but he didnt get the point ! that was the stupid content of that particular thread."why did we lose to wigan " and yet he couldnt explain ar5ena1, apart from the fact that they had mostly second teamers out there........funny that because look at their team sheet again from that night..all second teamers ! yeah rightttttttttttt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 05 2024, 20:34