The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
honest  opinion EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
honest  opinion EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
honest  opinion EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
honest  opinion EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
honest  opinion EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
honest  opinion EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
honest  opinion EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
honest  opinion EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
honest  opinion EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

honest  opinion Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+7
vis
cstmrsking
MarkA249
anicoll5
LOBO
BazSpur
shearspur
11 posters

honest opinion

honest  opinion Empty honest opinion

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 07:31

harry is playing players on names
    there was a time when harry didnt rate bale but now plays him rain or shine.

we need to play players that give everything not players that just think they are world class and just think they have to turn up.

brad. ok he used to calm the defence but hes too slow and dont like crosses

walker needs competition
    galas can go
    king can go on backroom staff
    ekotto. do we really belive hes the best left back in the league. the guy is just to casual. winds me up

modric. we should sell, dont score enough goals and hes head been turned. 40 mill mata is better the him. man u can have him

bale. hmmm hes still young but again if he wants to go he can go.
    parker. i think hes limitied but he gives hes all so happy with him in the sqaud.
    jake. going to be good player
    hudd we missed him.
    gio we saw today hes alive. how has he not got more game time
    lennon. keep him.
    vdv again works hes socks off so i keep him.
    defoe. if he dont score he dont do nothing else. its upto him if he wants to stay but hes best days are behind him
    ade. hmm is he really worth 200k a week and 10mill. i perfer to go younger
    saha. stupid loan
    pinnnar should be here fighting for a place
    cudichini can go
    jenas can go

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

honest  opinion Empty Re: honest opinion

Post by shearspur Sun Apr 22 2012, 07:45

depends who we get in as manager next, im sure he will weed out the dead wood.new keeper they looking at casper scmeichel. walker is class but is still young and is being affected by whats been going on around him, cant rely on king or gallas so hes having to get back more whereas before with kaboul he could afford to get forward.midfield passing is going astray to much and looks like modric aint one to rely on when going gets tough.bale still classs but needs a break. parker hard worker.vdv keep, good worker. ade not worth his wage required to keep him on.defoe i would keep, just not getting the service he needs.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:07

Agree with both of you there. I am of the same opinion. If Modric wants off then sell him but 40 Mill at least. nothing less.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:26

Here lies the problem with spurs previous managers .

Top managers who know english football know top players

Jol was a good manager but didnt really know english football on a managerial level , same could be said of Ramos who had a great record in spain but didn't really know a thing about english football and the players , then along comes arry who was offered the biggest job in his life, so if we say the players aint good enough then we have to ask our selfs why ..

we've never had a really world class prem manager before except venners , i believe we have to get a really top manager , not brendan rogers , yea hes good but you can't judge him on one season , we should go for the best someone who will build a legacy

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 08:40

oh got to admit i loved vennebles in charge. i heard loads bad stuff about him off the feild but the guy talks sence

wish we could get jose but what about hughes

hes gone to qpr who a team with no disclpin who did what they want and got them playing as a team

tiawo was amazing today and has been of late
    zamora worked hard for the team
    adel tracked back so much compare that to bale who didnt care

plus mark also has got hes team doing extra training to get fitter.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Sun Apr 22 2012, 09:07

I think getting a really top Premiership manager would be a shrewd move on Spuds part Lobby

It makes you wonder why no one has seized on that idea before ?

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Sun Apr 22 2012, 09:38

talking of discipline lought, my nearest team up here is luton town , they got rid of their manager a while back and the new guy in charge now, gets them out 5 mins before the 2nd half starts doing shuttle runs. they havent lost a game since he took over. fitness is key ?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22 2012, 10:46

shear thts amazing
    mark huges has got qpr doing extra fitness work. look at al trackin back adel does now

they look fitter
    harry letsthemg et on with it, dont practice pens or free kicks or corners

im sorry we have to get somone else in
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Sun Apr 22 2012, 16:39

David Moyes is the answer has worked wonders on a tight Budget bring a couple of the Everton lads with him Baines and Big Mop head Felaini i think he would relish it plus u wont see him been nice to refs like old redknickers
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Sun Apr 22 2012, 19:05

we need a manager with a sense of perspective , redknapp isn't the most tactically gifted manager, and lately im starting to think hes a bit of a clown who likes to look and act clever for the media
    cstmrsking
    cstmrsking
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by cstmrsking Sun Apr 22 2012, 22:44

Bring in Chris Houghton, he done well, is Spurs to the end.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:43

Redknapp will forever be known as a manager who bottled it. Just like Kevin Keegan. And maybe one rainy Saturday afternoon he will resign from England, in the Wembley toilets, and forever be an obscure pundit with rose tinted glasses of what may once have been . . . . . . .
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:50

It dont look like next season we will be CL so a top manager proven in the CL is unlikely to come ..

I'd go for Rodgers...

We will have Caulker in our back line next season , will be great for the youngster , our future captain who loves playing under Rodgers ...

We will need a new goalie , one who don't mind wearing a cap ... Vorm seems the obvious choice but I also like Ben Foster.

I would also like Swansea's loanee Sigurdsson , I think theres goals there ..

I like Figueroa from Wigan too.. Benny needs help and competition ...

We finally need to sort out our striker mess .... Saha, Defoe and Adybayour , none likely to be here next season ..

totalytot
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by totalytot Sun Apr 22 2012, 23:58

You only get top managers if you are a top club and in the CL every season we aren't and don't. The same applies to players the best only want to go to the best.

Some on here moaned at criticism by some posters of the team and Harry earlier in the season and they spoke of it's not about now but Levy and Harry have a 5 year plan. Well guys it's just about to go down the toilet and it's back to middle table mediocrity.

Mikey M
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:10

We certainly won't get a top manager if we don't make top 4. I think we can forget any fanciful notions of enticing jose to WHL whether we get top 4 or not. Rodgers has done very well for Swansea and looks a bright young manager but as I said a little while ago it's usually the second season that clubs like Swansea get found out in the Prem so the Jury is still out on him, ditto Pardew. Moyes? Without doubt he has done a cracking job at Everton for the past 10 years and surely would jump at the chance of managing a club like Spurs where he could really test himself. Only time would tell if he could do the job. Martinez loves to play attractive football but he is obviosly stifled at Wigan where funds are not forthcoming in the same way as they would be at Spurs. Take your pick Lads as I feel it will be one of the above should Arry bugger off to England.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:13

Utd 4-3 Everton & still playing ! ! ! LOL the Moyes shouters shall gather voice . . . . ..
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:14

4-4 ! ! ! ! Moyes for manager . . . . . . honest  opinion 131528
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:16

I think I'll put a poll up of realistic managers and see who comes out on top.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:21

Nice one Baz it's been ages since we had a Poll. All we get at Spurs is a fekin Atkinson . . . . .
    (Don't forget to add A.N.Other though mate for a few left-field choices lol)
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Mon Apr 23 2012, 00:32

Wheres this poll i for one want Moyes has our next Manager they was superb today i was doing my missus head saying i want Moyes has next Spurs Manager (shes aUnited Fan ) hes miles ahead Rodgers
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Mon Apr 23 2012, 01:02

MarkA249 wrote:Wheres this poll i for one want Moyes has our next Manager they was superb today i was doing my missus head saying i want Moyes has next Spurs Manager (shes aUnited Fan ) hes miles ahead Rodgers

I'm not sure Mark ..

Moyes sometimes scares me ....

I've watched Everton games where Tim Howard their goalkeeper has not rolled the ball out to one of his defenders for the entire game ...Ive seen an Everton team losing a game by a 2-0 scoreline with 10 minutes to go. The opponent has a corner kick and yet we see every Everton player defending inside their penalty box, defending their goal...

Last week against Liverpool in the cup, Moyes was so timid, he were the same a few years back against Chavs in the final, after going a goal up with the fastest ever cup final goal.... Moyes remind you of anyone in those big games?

I suppose Moyes could do a decent job for us but Rodgers to me feels more right ... I think my liking for Rodgers is that he will make us a passing team, give us a system of play , one that will out pass them lot down the road and beat them in the process... Perhaps this is what is needed to truly waken us..
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    LOVELOVEROCKET
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by LOVELOVEROCKET Mon Apr 23 2012, 05:27

whoever the manager it is need to add power to our team our record v top 4 aint good enough we two leightweight look at city players to ours like men v kids we to easy to play thru been like that for yrs now. only when parker came we tighten up . saying that we lost 5-1 with parker in front of back 4 spurs are at there best when we play wingers and stretch teams. time to stop buying free / loans and take spurs to the next level.

rant over.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 06:12

Been saying for a long while that we get bullied too easily.
    vis
    vis

Post by vis Mon Apr 23 2012, 07:06

I'm not sure it's being bullied, more teams have worked out they can close us down quickly when we play through defence & midfield too slowly. Early season it was crisp, quick passing throughout the team then when the opening was there it was attack them with lightning pace. We have slowed our game of late, possibly injuries have caused this, but we have been sussed . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Apr 23 2012, 07:08

Maybe not bullied then but sussed out as you say.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:58