The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Re-implosion ! EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Re-implosion ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Re-implosion ! EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Re-implosion ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Re-implosion ! EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Re-implosion ! EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Re-implosion ! EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Re-implosion ! EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Re-implosion ! EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Re-implosion ! Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Re-implosion !

Re-implosion ! Empty Re-implosion !

Post by Guest Wed Nov 10 2010, 19:18

Hearing the fans jeering last night ? and threads appearing like "sack harry poll " lets just look at things realistically and go over a few reasons why we are having a funny old run of results in what is " a funny old game "

1) Is the champions league affecting premiership results ? In my opinion it is ! we havent ever played in this massive competition before and for some reason the players are up for it, they are raising their game much as a league one team might do against a prem club in the domestic cups, one example is the run leeds had last year, but at the same time their league form suffered, its an analogy that mirrors what we are doing at the moment exactly.

2)Are injuries affecting form ? Well in a word ! YES ! how can you lose king, defoe,dawson and lennon and be the same, yes we have able replacements, but i will discuss that later on in the thread.
    But you cant go on expecting great results when the team is being changed and chopped around through injury loss ! harry is struggling to get his best team together with who,s available, its hard when players are out of the quality we have at the moment.

3)Is VDV affecting the goal scorers ? Some have mentioned that maybe vdv is affecting the goal scorers, thats a debatable subject and hats off to the bloke that thought of it ! its a hard one because i would rather the bloke in the side than not in the side, perhaps he should be played as a striker ? rather than be given a free roving role? he certainly scores enough and maybe a pairing of vdv and defoe (when fit ) would bring about benefits ? i dont know and once again its open for debate.........i will leave that to you guys with all the football wisdom !

4) How good is the squad ? Hmmmmmm ! yes we have a massive squad and plenty of cover ! but ! i have mentioned before that its not the same rich vein of quality running through some players as it does others.
    I have posted that, defoe, modric, vdv, bale, lennon, king and woodgate are the top players at tottenham, thats seven, last night four of those werent playing.

So i would say that before we have "sack arry polls" lets look at the facts behind the results and analyse those facts before condemning another tottenham manager to the dustbin ! tightly closing the lid....forever.

Re-implosion ! Empty Re: Re-implosion !

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 02:55

but our other players or just as good
    galas bassong krankar pav keane bentley jenas would get in most teams . harry playing players out of postion hes ruined bassong confidence even after with him and daws last season going on a 6game without conceding. yet king plays and we stil concede
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:35

5 ) Are our tactics easily countered by our premeirship opponents ?
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Thu Nov 11 2010, 03:36

Good point about Bassong , Lought ...I feel sorry for the bloke as he aint done much wrong ..

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 10:53

Loughtonlegend wrote:but our other players or just as good
    galas bassong krankar pav keane bentley jenas would get in most teams . harry playing players out of postion hes ruined bassong confidence even after with him and daws last season going on a 6game without conceding. yet king plays and we stil concede

Yeah they are just as good, thats why harry often plays keane,bentley, jenas and krancjar on a regular basis lol!
    philip
    2nd Division
    2nd Division

Post by philip Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:15

lewspurs wrote:
    3)Is VDV affecting the goal scorers ? Some have mentioned that maybe vdv is affecting the goal scorers, thats a debatable subject and hats off to the bloke that thought of it ! its a hard one because i would rather the bloke in the side than not in the side, perhaps he should be played as a striker ? rather than be given a free roving role? he certainly scores enough and maybe a pairing of vdv and defoe (when fit ) would bring about benefits ? i dont know and once again its open for debate.........i will leave that to you guys with all the football wisdom !

Lew great post especially I like the idea of VDV pairing with defoe as a strike partner

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 11:59

lew maybe if he did play them players we wouldnt be in such an awfull postion in the league.

and if memory serves me right last season towards the end when we went on that run bentley and kranker was gettin games. also i rekon robbie keanes scored more goals then crouch lo

the same players that keep playing in the prem dont seem to be motivated so why dont harry play the other players in there right positon.
    kranker on the left jenas in the middle instead of wp who seems to have lost it for nearly half a season now

Post by Guest Thu Nov 11 2010, 23:29

ArnieArdiles wrote:5 ) Are our tactics easily countered by our premeirship opponents ?

No more so than other teams tactics arnie...is the answer. Very Happy
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Fri Nov 12 2010, 02:37

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:5 ) Are our tactics easily countered by our premeirship opponents ?

Oh lol Lew ..........Theres me thinking we beat Everton last season this time we drew. Last season we beat Sunderland, this time again we drew and then theres the earth shaker , last season we beat Wigan 9-1 , this season they beat us 1-0 !

So you dont think we're predictable in our play and Harry often changes things during the course of a game like he did the other night against Sunderland ?

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 07:18

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    lewspurs wrote:

Oh lol Lew ..........Theres me thinking we beat Everton last season this time we drew. Last season we beat Sunderland, this time again we drew and then theres the earth shaker , last season we beat Wigan 9-1 , this season they beat us 1-0 !

So you dont think we're predictable in our play and Harry often changes things during the course of a game like he did the other night against Sunderland ?

LOL ! we could go through every season arnie and see those differing results, its called football ! didnt we lose the previous season at home to wolves, didnt we draw with villa ? lol and this season we beat them.

If you go on that premise then you have to take into account results under jol and those before him and say they were predictable managers also ! and harrys caught their predictability in the way their teams play.

You cant predict any team beating any team in the prem arnie and thats why the bookies are in business.

You can knock harry all you want ! he will come good and thats when i dont want to hear what a great bloke he is from those knocking him now, yeah he gets substitutions wrong and you wonder what is going round in his head, but where were we before he became manager, and where are we now ? yes unless i am very much mistaken contesting the greatest club comp in europe...........strange that for a bloke who is so predictable with his teams.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Nov 12 2010, 07:32

lewspurs wrote:

Yeah they are just as good, thats why harry often plays keane,bentley, jenas and krancjar on a regular basis lol!

Shouldn't laugh at him Lew he's making a valid point. Harry just isn't utilising the talent he has in his squad playing the same players over & over again. He has to learn soon. We don't actually know what is going behind the scenes, but it doesn't make sence to me that the players Lought mentioned aren't getting a run out.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Fri Nov 12 2010, 07:39

Arnie our tactics if we can call them that,,,,,,,,, are easily countered by any team that has a CB pairing that are good in the air. That's all we do knock the ball forward to Crouch.

Last season it was an option we used well & made the most out of it when we used it. But this season it's all we use.

We've become completely predictable & i'm seeing with each passing game our free flowing football we're associated with becoming extinct & us becoming a long ball team & it's scaring the hell out of me.
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 12 2010, 12:25

[b]We've suddenly become predictable and easy to read?

If that is so then how come we are able to amass the kind of stats that read as follows;

Against Sunderland,

Possession 55%
    Shots on target 12
    Shots off target 8
    Corners 17

OK, if that is us being read then I reckon they're losing out somewhat in translation.

FFS it's a simple scenario. In the vast majority of our games we create a huge amount of chances, we manage to convert less than 20% of them, in some cases we can't even manage a 10% conversion rate. We are dropping points, not because we are predictable, but because we can't finish the plethora of chances we create.

It really is as simple as that.

I don't know the exact stat, but I believe we average around 6 shots on target per game. A 30% conversion rate nets us 2 goals per game. At 2 goals per game we would be sitting comfortably in the top 3, top 2 even.

We haven't converted, we haven't won and we've dropped points. There really is no need to look further.[/
    b]

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 20:11

SuneJim wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Shouldn't laugh at him Lew he's making a valid point. Harry just isn't utilising the talent he has in his squad playing the same players over & over again. He has to learn soon. We don't actually know what is going behind the scenes, but it doesn't make sence to me that the players Lought mentioned aren't getting a run out.

Not laughing at lought jim, only in the sense that some of the names he has mentioned he has criticised big time in the past, lought,s opinions change game by game, but thats lought and i wouldnt have him any other way.

With due respect to your comments jim , bassong and jenas and pav have had games this season, bentley and krancjar are coming back from injury and harry is bringing them back slowly, keane just isnt the same since coming back while gallas plays most games, so not sure why lought mentioned him.

The only thing i bemoan harry about is youngsters like townsend, obika and walker, yeah ok its for first team experience they are loaned out but i reckon townsend and walker would make a big difference at the moment while obika would give us another option instead of crouch up front.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 20:35

I forgot to add lought ! yes they would get in most teams but would they get into a top 4 team ? and thats what we are aiming at doing on a regular basis.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 20:39

philip wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Lew great post especially I like the idea of VDV pairing with defoe as a strike partner

I think its time to try that one out phil ! i reckon he could do a job with pav up front in the absence of defoe, i reckon vdv could be the difference in pav being a regular scorer for tottenham.

I must agree though that crouch isnt scoring and its time to rest the bloke on the bench, crouch does score important goals when you least expect it but his scoring rate is terrible at the moment.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12 2010, 20:44

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew maybe if he did play them players we wouldnt be in such an awfull postion in the league.

and if memory serves me right last season towards the end when we went on that run bentley and kranker was gettin games. also i rekon robbie keanes scored more goals then crouch lo

the same players that keep playing in the prem dont seem to be motivated so why dont harry play the other players in there right positon.
    kranker on the left jenas in the middle instead of wp who seems to have lost it for nearly half a season now

Only harry can answer that one lought, but i get your point, jenas is certainly a better option than palacios at the moment.

If he played krancjar on the left who does he drop then lought?
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Fri Nov 12 2010, 21:39

I'd like to ask a question here chaps, well, a couple actually. There are a number of you on here, banging on about how the 4-5-1 formation isn't working and we should go back to the tried and trusted 4-4-2.

Question 1: When have we ever played 4-5-1 with VDV in the side? We play 4-4-1-1 with VDV in the floating role, he doesn't operate in the traditional 'bank' of 5 but as a free roaming agent.

Question 2: Just how do we change things by pushing him up as a striker, apart from playing into the CH's hands by putting him in a position where marking him is easier?

Question 3: What exactly has changed? With 2 up front we always have one striker dropping deep to receive the ball. Maybe I'm watching a different game but isn't that exactly what VDV does anyway?

We need a top striker and that is it really. Whether we play 4-4-2 or 4-5-1-1 we still create lots of chances.

Trouble is we're not finishing them at an acceptable rate. Suddenly we have the likes of Saurez taking an interest in us. Why? Because he can see that he'd stroll into our front line and score goals for fun whilst he was doing it.

There's an old saying, that the simplest solution is, more often than not, the correct solution. We need at least 1 quality striker.

Shimples.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 00:28

Ok ion ! firstly if you read my contribution regarding vdv being paired with defoe or pav, it was only a suggestion and not an outright request on my part !i actually said i would leave the idea to the more wiser posters on here than myself.

But to clarify my own thinking on this idea, well he looks sharp, very quick and can turn ala defoe, if his presence is causing harry a problem (as harry himself has said) then why not try it.

Harry could stick to his usual midfield selection of bale ,modric, hud and lennon, or whoever taking into account injuries and put vdv up front in the striker role akin to what defoe does, and preferably with pav because crouch seems to influence the team to play the long ball.

Its not set in stone, its just a thought and maybe an option especially while defoe is still out.

ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ionman34 Sat Nov 13 2010, 03:28

[quote="lewspurs"]

Ok ion ! firstly if you read my contribution regarding vdv being paired with defoe or pav, it was only a suggestion and not an outright request on my part !i actually said i would leave the idea to the more wiser posters on here than myself.

But to clarify my own thinking on this idea, well he looks sharp, very quick and can turn ala defoe, if his presence is causing harry a problem (as harry himself has said) then why not try it.

Harry could stick to his usual midfield selection of bale ,modric, hud and lennon, or whoever taking into account injuries and put vdv up front in the striker role akin to what defoe does, and preferably with pav because crouch seems to influence the team to play the long ball.

Its not set in stone, its just a thought and maybe an option especially while defoe is still out.

But you're missing the point of what I'm saying Lew. VDV doesn't play in a bank of 5, he plays a lone, roving role infront of a midfield 4. He's already, effectively, a deep lying striker. If he's not first into the box then he's a very close second and he's generally the first to put pressure on their defence/midfield when they bring it out. All your suggestion would do is push him further up field, thereby making it easier for the CH's to mark him. Playing the way we do leaves him as almost impossible to mark without creating hole in your formation. That is why he is so effective, he can get into the box untracked.

Our problem is that he is doing virtually all the scoring, with Bale weighing in now and then. Our strikeforce is lacking a lead striker. The one at the top of the scoring charts that VDV and Bale are trying to match. You only have to look at Liverpool to see just how important that striker can be. Torres starts scoring, Liverpool start winning. You'll probably find that his finishing rate is better than 30%, not even Defoe can boast a finishing rate that's as good as that.

A striker completes us. When he's finishing the chances we create, it takes away the oppositions belief that they are always in a game with us. It reduces their margin for error and increases the pressure on the opposition. It raises the confidence of the rest of the team making them play better. It makes it easier to win those tight games where the chances are fewer.

I like this system we play, we just need the striker to really make it tick.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Nov 13 2010, 04:19

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

LOL ! we could go through every season arnie and see those differing results, its called football ! didnt we lose the previous season at home to wolves, didnt we draw with villa ? lol and this season we beat them.

If you go on that premise then you have to take into account results under jol and those before him and say they were predictable managers also ! and harrys caught their predictability in the way their teams play.

You cant predict any team beating any team in the prem arnie and thats why the bookies are in business.

You can knock harry all you want ! he will come good and thats when i dont want to hear what a great bloke he is from those knocking him now, yeah he gets substitutions wrong and you wonder what is going round in his head, but where were we before he became manager, and where are we now ? yes unless i am very much mistaken contesting the greatest club comp in europe...........strange that for a bloke who is so predictable with his teams.

Lew ...you put forward four factors in your explanation for our poor showing in the League and I dont dispute them as not paritialy contributing factors.. I added our predictable tactics as a 5th reason, beacuse I believe it to also be a factor ..Our attacks at time are to often , get it to the wings and then sling it in , usualy to the far post for Crouch ...

There seems to be to be the norm with many of Spurs fans when voicing concerns .. Critcism of individual players, often young players is fine ... Criticism of the squad that its simply not good enough, that's okay too .... We throw in attitude of the players , that their heart is really on the Champions League and they cant be bothered with the League , that's all okay ....Its all there in your opening post , all that's missing is tactics !......

The attacking tactics of the manager are not a factor everything is rosy there ? Dare we not think the attacking tactics are costing us points? Is tactics not an issue for you and anyone dare mention them is against the good of Spurs?

After 12 games last season we had scored 23 goals and conceded 17
    After 12 games this season we have scored 14 goals and conceded 15 ..
    If we want to put our lack of goals all down injuries to our forwards thats fine but for me, when a team is injury hit it adapts .

I see you've now mentioned Harry in the last paragraph of your, it's nothing to do with tactics dismisive post, where you mention his substitutions against Sunderland or rather lack of them....

Tell me honestly and Im not trying to pin you down on this one ... Can you see any of the other premeirship managers who have hopes of finishing in the top four, not making use of the remaining two substitutions to try to win the Sunderland game ?

If not changing the shape wasnt an option, couldnt Harry at least have offered Kranjcar the chance in the VDV role who in the last 20 minutes was clearly flagging? Howabout taking off BAE and shift Bale into left back with Kranjcar on the left so Bale could maybe conjour up a new threat with Niko?

Bentley accodring to some at the Lane was clearly running on empty in the last half hour and his lack of fitness was clearly evident by his poor touch on the ball, add to that , his free-kicks and shots were more of a threat to the jumbotron rather than the Sunderland goal!..Added again to all that , in those last 20 minutes the boo boys started to get on his back so couldnt Jenas have been the fresh legs out on the right side ?

Then there was Modric who we're told after the game has a tennis ball size swelling on his knee and some Cattermole stud marks below as added decoration ...He drifted out the game after that tackle and Im sure there wouldve been many mangagers that wouldve hauled him off if only for some icepack treatment ?

I want Harry to succeed off course I do, like we all do so dont lay on us that nonsense when the team turns the corner we will all be a little embarresed to have questioned him when the results were a struggle ...

I just feel you're wrong as is any Spurs fan to highlight the reasons for our average showing in the League thus far without mentioning the tactics and the role of the manager in them and that's the only reason why I added a 5th factor ....
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Nov 13 2010, 04:35

SuneJim wrote:Arnie our tactics if we can call them that,,,,,,,,, are easily countered by any team that has a CB pairing that are good in the air. That's all we do knock the ball forward to Crouch.

Last season it was an option we used well & made the most out of it when we used it. But this season it's all we use.

We've become completely predictable & i'm seeing with each passing game our free flowing football we're associated with becoming extinct & us becoming a long ball team & it's scaring the hell out of me.

Jim, I share your concerns as do many others regarding our style of play in the final third ... Thou we could be better all over the park and in other aspects of the game too we're not that bad , in fact our approach play is very good.. I agree with you its the final third and our over reliance of crossing to the far post for the knockdown to bring us goals that concerns me most ... Occasionaly it will work so I dont want to see it not used at all but we have to remember we're in the premeirship which consists of the best defences in the world at dealing with that style of play..

Sure its a tactic that has bought us goals from VDV but the dutch mastero has always scored goals as an attacking midfielder wherever his been so lets not get carried away with all this Crouch knockdown to VDV as an ingenious tactic because I'm pretty sure its not a tactic that's going to get us to the desired 70 plus points, not if if we persue it relentlessly that is ....
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sat Nov 13 2010, 05:20

[quote="ionman34"][b]We've suddenly become predictable and easy to read?

If that is so then how come we are able to amass the kind of stats that read as follows;

Against Sunderland,

Possession 55%
    Shots on target 12
    Shots off target 8
    Corners 17

OK, if that is us being read then I reckon they're losing out somewhat in translation.

Ion I dont have a problem with the possesion stat as our approach play to the final third is very good ... We get a few shots in and thats okay too but perhaps there are stats out there, for how many times our attacks are getting the ball out to the wings then throwing it into the mixer as opposed to intricate play to carve out an opening ? I'd like to see the stats for that one ..
    Also our high corner count is the by-product of our wing play getting to the byline and of course those lofted high balls to the far post....Our last goal from a corner in the premeirship was last season at Old Trafford ..

FFS it's a simple scenario. In the vast majority of our games we create a huge amount of chances, we manage to convert less than 20% of them, in some cases we can't even manage a 10% conversion rate. We are dropping points, not because we are predictable, but because we can't finish the plethora of chances we create.
    It really is as simple as that.

But these chances are not often enough the kind of chances created out of a sublime piece of skill as was the case with Modric for the VDV goal against Inter Milan, where the player is through on goal with only the goalkeeper to beat .. They're more often borne out of a knockdown in the penalty with defenders around to put in their challenges..
    Its a fact , Harry prefers the percentage ball into the area to a forward like Crouch rather than have a player like Dos Santos upfront . Is it a nailed on , that top managers would think the same , even after the forward has played so many games with so little return in the way of goals?

Every week we see teams like the Goons , Chelsea and ManUre create the chances Im writing about rather than those thrown into the mixer chances ... What I'm saying is, we have to look to be more precise with our attacks ..A good example is in the second half versus Sunderland ... Bale for once managed to get the better of his markers near the byline and without looking up he crossed to the lone Spurs player ( Crouch ) in the box who had three Sunderland players around him , the ball was of course cut out and helped to make up that corner stat of ours ...But Bale should've looked up and assessed the situation as he had time , thus giving the oncoming midfielders the opportunity to receive his pass on the edge of the box ... This part of the game is surely put into the heads by the manager and perfected on the training ground ?

I don't know the exact stat, but I believe we average around 6 shots on target per game. A 30% conversion rate nets us 2 goals per game. At 2 goals per game we would be sitting comfortably in the top 3, top 2 even.

We haven't converted, we haven't won and we've dropped points. There really is no need to look further.

Ion , many of the teams in the premeirship have a high shot count , even West Ham had 25 against us and Blackpool fielding a second string managed 20 away to Villa!
    Again I ask you to look at it as clear cut chances created rather than putting it into the far post mixer created chances ..Shot stats can be also be misleading as blocked shots are often included , again its about creating clear cut opportunities ...

I agree with, Lew we have been unlucky with injuries, first to our backline and now its the forwards turn in the treatment room ... Defoe out for so long, hurts as does the loss of form, of Keane and now his injury ...Now that they're all injured bar Crouch and Harry's unwillingness to play Dos Santos maybe it's time for Obika if hes not out on loan or, Harry Kane ( this one especialy has potential ), at the very least put one of them on the bench ?

Granted if we had a higher quality center forward we would get more goals even if we persisted with our present, put it in the mixer tactic.. But for me, Leagues all over the world are not won that way , even title challengers are rarely seen to play that way and Im pretty sure last season most of our 70 points haul were not won that way either !

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 06:31

[quote="ArnieArdiles"]
    lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:

Lew ...you put forward four factors in your explanation for our poor showing in the League and I dont dispute them as not paritialy contributing factors.. I added our predictable tactics as a 5th reason, beacuse I believe it to also be a factor ..Our attacks at time are to often , get it to the wings and then sling it in , usualy to the far post for Crouch ...

There seems to be to be the norm with many of Spurs fans when voicing concerns .. Critcism of individual players, often young players is fine ... Criticism of the squad that its simply not good enough, that's okay too .... We throw in attitude of the players , that their heart is really on the Champions League and they cant be bothered with the League , that's all okay ....Its all there in your opening post , all that's missing is tactics !......

The attacking tactics of the manager are not a factor everything is rosy there ? Dare we not think the attacking tactics are costing us points? Is tactics not an issue for you and anyone dare mention them is against the good of Spurs?

After 12 games last season we had scored 23 goals and conceded 17
    After 12 games this season we have scored 14 goals and conceded 15 ..
    If we want to put our lack of goals all down injuries to our forwards thats fine but for me, when a team is injury hit it adapts .

I see you've now mentioned Harry in the last paragraph of your, it's nothing to do with tactics dismisive post, where you mention his substitutions against Sunderland or rather lack of them....

Tell me honestly and Im not trying to pin you down on this one ... Can you see any of the other premeirship managers who have hopes of finishing in the top four, not making use of the remaining two substitutions to try to win the Sunderland game ?

If not changing the shape wasnt an option, couldnt Harry at least have offered Kranjcar the chance in the VDV role who in the last 20 minutes was clearly flagging? Howabout taking off BAE and shift Bale into left back with Kranjcar on the left so Bale could maybe conjour up a new threat with Niko?

Bentley accodring to some at the Lane was clearly running on empty in the last half hour and his lack of fitness was clearly evident by his poor touch on the ball, add to that , his free-kicks and shots were more of a threat to the jumbotron rather than the Sunderland goal!..Added again to all that , in those last 20 minutes the boo boys started to get on his back so couldnt Jenas have been the fresh legs out on the right side ?

Then there was Modric who we're told after the game has a tennis ball size swelling on his knee and some Cattermole stud marks below as added decoration ...He drifted out the game after that tackle and Im sure there wouldve been many mangagers that wouldve hauled him off if only for some icepack treatment ?

I want Harry to succeed off course I do, like we all do so dont lay on us that nonsense when the team turns the corner we will all be a little embarresed to have questioned him when the results were a struggle ...

I just feel you're wrong as is any Spurs fan to highlight the reasons for our average showing in the League thus far without mentioning the tactics and the role of the manager in them and that's the only reason why I added a 5th factor ....

Blimey arnie i thought i was in church for a minute with that sermon.

Ok tactics ! lets deal with that one.......a lot of what you say is right, i have already said on here what the fck is going on in harrys head with the subs ! or as you say the lack of use of.

Isnt this going back to injuries though ? isnt the loss of defoe restricting what harry does when it comes down to goal scoring options, who does he have ? crouch and pav ! two strikers that dont have a prolific record of scoring regular prem goals?

I wasnt knocking your fifth factor at all, you gave past results as an example that harry has been sussed when it comes to how his teams play.

Trust me arnie we are missing important players and when they return results will change.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 06:35

we had about 17 corners aganst sunderland and yet we didnt look like scoring from 1. I agree with jim we put to many high crosses in the box and our strikers or no good at heading.

How can we blame injuries as our sqaud is good enought to beat wigan sunderland and the rest. Look how well newcastle are doing and blackpool. We need a proper striker

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content