The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Re-implosion ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Re-implosion ! - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

5 posters

Re-implosion !

Re-implosion ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Re-implosion !

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 06:38

lew you keep having little sly digs at me and everyone can see this.
    we all have players people change there minds about. Have you changed your mind about hutton yet as hes been one of our best players of late.

our sqaud is as good as everyone else sqaud its just that we aint using ours as well as we should be

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 06:58

Loughtonlegend wrote:lew you keep having little sly digs at me and everyone can see this.
    we all have players people change there minds about. Have you changed your mind about hutton yet as hes been one of our best players of late.

our sqaud is as good as everyone else sqaud its just that we aint using ours as well as we should be

Honestly lought ! i love you mate, i wouldnt change you for the world, i aint getting in sly digs at all, and i mean that , your contribution is second to none on here and i respect it, and thats why i read your posts because without you on here it would be a poorer forum, believe me if i thought your posts were crap i wouldnt bother commenting on them.

You cant deny me my opinion though lought and i think sometimes you are guilty of knee jerk reactions, and thats the way i used to be about spurs too, trust me being a spurs supporter isnt easy, its because we want so much more for our hallowed football club.

Ok hutton ! i reserve judgement because he has been good lately, his defending has been good as well as his attacking play, i also said i was wrong about kaboul ? i reserve judgement on him too along with bassong, hud and a few others that i think we may have overated on here.

As for the squad lought ! we have fill ins only, there are definite great players, good players and indifferent ones, how can you replace king, lennon woodgate and defoe ! with fill ins , and thats my point when i say that we have a massive squad ! its no good having a massive squad if only half of them are any good.

Having said that and sounding like i am debasing the team ! well i am not ! a lot of squad players are open to improvement , but at this moment in time i would rather obika, townsend and walker had been available for selection.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:13

i just think our league form is awfull and thats harrys fault so when he moans at the fans for booing him he shouldnt come out and moan. all fans moan. our 2nd team on paper is better then blackpool newcastle ect and to have got 2points from 12 is not good enough.

We better get 3points aganst blackurn but i dont think we will

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:22

We will lought, blackburn will be a turning point trust me, the players will be up for it because certain ones will be fighting for their first team places because long term injured ones are coming back.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:28

Loughtonlegend wrote:we had about 17 corners aganst sunderland and yet we didnt look like scoring from 1. I agree with jim we put to many high crosses in the box and our strikers or no good at heading.

How can we blame injuries as our sqaud is good enought to beat wigan sunderland and the rest. Look how well newcastle are doing and blackpool. We need a proper striker

So who do you suggest Lought ? And be realistic please with a striker we may be able to attract rather than a wish list. Pav hasn't cut the mustard and we are all agreed that, however hard he works, Crouchinio dosen't score goals - end of. Keane is a shadow of his former self. Defoe looked on fire until his injury and we cannot judge until he has at least 6 games under his belt. So who do we bring in, who do we replace ? At least the midfield are chipping in with goals this season (unlike last) otherwise we would be in real trouble . . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:36

I have to rep that vis because all this talk of getting in a superman of a striker is crazy, where is this adonis of football (sugars words about grahams managerial skills) where is this god that is waiting for spurs to bid for him? LOL.

I have said we need another striker but where is this bloke ? thats why i said obika could be doing a job, call him back from loan ! or experiment with vdv in a striker role.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:43

yea its lucky that our midfeilders are scoring. all this stuff about defoe yet he has hardly scored for us since hes return. take away the wigan and leeds goals.

i would get rid of keane and crouch and get in sqauz however u spell hes name. I would love to get teverz but i doubt they would sell to us though

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 07:59

Thanx.I shall reserve judgement on new strikers, Lew, until Defoe is back & match-fit & playing in tandem with our exisiting players. The striker that will solve all our problems isn't available so we have to make do with what we have or unearth a gem from somewhere. We where linked with Edin D'Zeko pre-season. I read today that Citeh are now intrested and his value is pegged around £40M suddenley ! Ridiculous. Even established strikers that other teams aren't intrested in at present are unavailable because clubs will want to hang on to them. IMO it is time to look at our 'yoof' options or maybe lower down the leagues to find some raw material to bulk out the options we have. . . . . .

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 08:36

i wish we would give our young strikers a chance. we never seem to do this. whats the point of having players at a youth then senior level if they are just meant to be averge players.

Look at ben alwick. how is he stil part of the club. surley these scouts could tell hes nuffing specal.
    i would like kane to be brought into the sqaud from time to time

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 15:29

Loughtonlegend wrote:yea its lucky that our midfeilders are scoring. all this stuff about defoe yet he has hardly scored for us since hes return. take away the wigan and leeds goals.

i would get rid of keane and crouch and get in sqauz however u spell hes name. I would love to get teverz but i doubt they would sell to us though

The only place tevez is going is back home lought! apparently he is home sick and city have already proved they wont sell to us anyway.

Post by Guest Sat Nov 13 2010, 15:36

VisionarySound wrote: Thanx.I shall reserve judgement on new strikers, Lew, until Defoe is back & match-fit & playing in tandem with our exisiting players. The striker that will solve all our problems isn't available so we have to make do with what we have or unearth a gem from somewhere. We where linked with Edin D'Zeko pre-season. I read today that Citeh are now intrested and his value is pegged around £40M suddenley ! Ridiculous. Even established strikers that other teams aren't intrested in at present are unavailable because clubs will want to hang on to them. IMO it is time to look at our 'yoof' options or maybe lower down the leagues to find some raw material to bulk out the options we have. . . . . .

Yeah i have to agree with lought and yourself on the youth option vis ! obika was looking sharp in the pre season games and then was shipped out on loan ! and thats all well and good educating our youth but we arent scoring and he would give us another option.

I dont know what the answer is because there isnt anyone available that i would want, unless kanoute is still playing ? lol!

Perhaps harry should persevere with keane and at least give him a full game ? perhaps match fitness might be a problem with him ! who knows.
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Sat Nov 13 2010, 19:14

yea its lucky that our midfeilders are scoring. all this stuff about defoe yet he has hardly scored for us since hes return. take away the wigan and leeds goals.

why would you take away the wigan + leeds goals Lought, he scored them.

anyway what I was saying ,this season 2010-2011, he played 4 games, two
    in the league, the other 2 was against young boys and he scored in the second leg and then scored a hatrick for Engalnd and was looking sharp, THEN he got injured, so how can you say he wouldnt have done anything? he still scored 24 goals for us since his been back and his been injured a lot, all this stuff about Defoe is fact Lought, he scores goals and is unpredictable, always shoots and drags defenders away from danger areas, dont know what youve got against hi, cos we need him badly.

ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Nov 14 2010, 01:27

[quote="lewspurs"]
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:
    lewspurs wrote:
    ArnieArdiles wrote:5 ) Are our tactics easily countered by our premeirship opponents ?

No more so than other teams tactics arnie...is the answer. Very Happy

Oh lol Lew ..........Theres me thinking we beat Everton last season this time we drew. Last season we beat Sunderland, this time again we drew and then theres the earth shaker , last season we beat Wigan 9-1 , this season they beat us 1-0 !

So you dont think we're predictable in our play and Harry often changes things during the course of a game like he did the other night against Sunderland ?

LOL ! we could go through every season arnie and see those differing results, its called football ! didnt we lose the previous season at home to wolves, didnt we draw with villa ? lol and this season we beat them.

If you go on that premise then you have to take into account results under jol and those before him and say they were predictable managers also ! and harrys caught their predictability in the way their teams play.

You cant predict any team beating any team in the prem arnie and thats why the bookies are in business.

You can knock harry all you want ! he will come good and thats when i dont want to hear what a great bloke he is from those knocking him now, yeah he gets substitutions wrong and you wonder what is going round in his head, but where were we before he became manager, and where are we now ? yes unless i am very much mistaken contesting the greatest club comp in europe...........strange that for a bloke who is so predictable with his teams.

Lew ...you put forward four factors in your explanation for our poor showing in the League and I dont dispute them as not paritialy contributing factors.. I added our predictable tactics as a 5th reason, beacuse I believe it to also be a factor ..Our attacks at time are to often , get it to the wings and then sling it in , usualy to the far post for Crouch ...

There seems to be to be the norm with many of Spurs fans when voicing concerns .. Critcism of individual players, often young players is fine ... Criticism of the squad that its simply not good enough, that's okay too .... We throw in attitude of the players , that their heart is really on the Champions League and they cant be bothered with the League , that's all okay ....Its all there in your opening post , all that's missing is tactics !......

The attacking tactics of the manager are not a factor everything is rosy there ? Dare we not think the attacking tactics are costing us points? Is tactics not an issue for you and anyone dare mention them is against the good of Spurs?

After 12 games last season we had scored 23 goals and conceded 17
    After 12 games this season we have scored 14 goals and conceded 15 ..
    If we want to put our lack of goals all down injuries to our forwards thats fine but for me, when a team is injury hit it adapts .

I see you've now mentioned Harry in the last paragraph of your, it's nothing to do with tactics dismisive post, where you mention his substitutions against Sunderland or rather lack of them....

Tell me honestly and Im not trying to pin you down on this one ... Can you see any of the other premeirship managers who have hopes of finishing in the top four, not making use of the remaining two substitutions to try to win the Sunderland game ?

If not changing the shape wasnt an option, couldnt Harry at least have offered Kranjcar the chance in the VDV role who in the last 20 minutes was clearly flagging? Howabout taking off BAE and shift Bale into left back with Kranjcar on the left so Bale could maybe conjour up a new threat with Niko?

Bentley accodring to some at the Lane was clearly running on empty in the last half hour and his lack of fitness was clearly evident by his poor touch on the ball, add to that , his free-kicks and shots were more of a threat to the jumbotron rather than the Sunderland goal!..Added again to all that , in those last 20 minutes the boo boys started to get on his back so couldnt Jenas have been the fresh legs out on the right side ?

Then there was Modric who we're told after the game has a tennis ball size swelling on his knee and some Cattermole stud marks below as added decoration ...He drifted out the game after that tackle and Im sure there wouldve been many mangagers that wouldve hauled him off if only for some icepack treatment ?

I want Harry to succeed off course I do, like we all do so dont lay on us that nonsense when the team turns the corner we will all be a little embarresed to have questioned him when the results were a struggle ...

I just feel you're wrong as is any Spurs fan to highlight the reasons for our average showing in the League thus far without mentioning the tactics and the role of the manager in them and that's the only reason why I added a 5th factor ....

Blimey arnie i thought i was in church for a minute with that sermon.

Ok tactics ! lets deal with that one.......a lot of what you say is right, i have already said on here what the fck is going on in harrys head with the subs ! or as you say the lack of use of.

Isnt this going back to injuries though ? isnt the loss of defoe restricting what harry does when it comes down to goal scoring options, who does he have ? crouch and pav ! two strikers that dont have a prolific record of scoring regular prem goals?

I wasnt knocking your fifth factor at all, you gave past results as an example that harry has been sussed when it comes to how his teams play.

Trust me arnie we are missing important players and when they return results will change.

Lol @ the Sermon ....Sorry bout that Lew .....I not done one of those longens in quite a while .... lol
    And you're right about my giving results as evidence of our predictability, that was just lazy on my part...

As for striking options, I'd have liked to have seen Kranjcar given a chance up top .... I really believe Kranjcar would bang in a few, certainly more than Crouch ..

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 01:49

of course we miss defoe and im sure we would have a few more points on the board if we had him. but hes also only scored 4 league goals from jan although he has missed a lot of games, he was back towards the end of last season and went on a drougt only the pen at chelsea.

take away the 5 goals aganst wigan and 3 aganst a poor leeds side and hes recored not good either.
    ArnieArdiles
    ArnieArdiles
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by ArnieArdiles Sun Nov 14 2010, 01:53

You will all laugh but I think we missed out on Raul in the summer .........
    German club Schalke bought in Huntalaar and Raul, both were said to be targets of ours ..Total transfer outlay was just over £10million for the two...

Post by Guest Sun Nov 14 2010, 01:54

hes a goal poacher which is what we are missing

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content