The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
BIRMINGHAM (My Take) EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

BIRMINGHAM (My Take) Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

2 posters

BIRMINGHAM (My Take)

SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

BIRMINGHAM (My Take) Empty BIRMINGHAM (My Take)

Post by SuneJim Sun Dec 05 2010, 22:45

After watching that i was sitting there stunned with only one question going round & round in my mind,,,,,,, How did we not come away with 3 points??? The only reason i can think of is my old foe, Crouch(ing) Tiger Hidden Talent! Every thing about his game today was below par & when i say that i mean so far below you could have fitted Mount Everest in between his performance & par.

Bale & Lennon both dominated there full backs but every chance they carved out fell to the hapless Crouch, his touch was diabolical & his decision making was even worse. Every thing about his performance screamed Sunday League here i come.

Defoe looked what he was at times not properly match fit & he lacked sharpness in front of goal.

Modric & Palacios were very good in the middle. Ok a couple of Sargent Wilson's passes went astray again but i get the feeling we're going to see a Bale-esque type re emergence from him as we have no one else so he has to play & i see him getting back to his old self little by little. The hustle was there along with some aggression. Modric was explosive at times bursting from the midfield & a joy to watch.

The defence looked comfortable enough & Assou-Ekotto & Hutton even linked with there wingers at times so Harry's taken heed of my comments lol. Bassong & Gallas looked untroubled for the most part.

There goal rankles with me a little bit. Assou-Ekotto didn't see the big lad Zigic pulling out his side & he was able to put a header across our box unopposed, Modric lost Gardner on the run to head home. But i think the most annoying thing was poor Gomes no one realised he'd saved the last powerful shot with his NAD'S & when he finally got treatment he wasn't really ready for what happened because of the pain. Or i have no doubt he'd have been out & punched the ball away as he did the week before to stop Torres in the same sort of situation.

A point at St Andrews where Brum are very strong is OK, but i'm struggling to come to terms with the fact we never got all three because make no bones about it our performance deserved it. Not sure i've ever seen us so dominant away from WHL in recent times so it's hard to take.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

BIRMINGHAM (My Take) Empty Re: BIRMINGHAM (My Take)

Post by LOBO Sun Dec 05 2010, 23:36

Jim you said a while back Palacious was a red card waiting to happen, yesterday football aside he was a disgrace , his reaction was over the top another ref would have sent him off, my heart was in my mouth for good part of the second half, discilpline on the field is not his stronge point, and the same could be said of hutton, football aside he was another red waiting to happen, i was shocked to be honest, ok i like to see agression but not that sort because it's moments like that that can cost us the game.

Crouch needed one to many touches and the defenders were on him, i gree it wasnt his best day, for the life of me i cant see what pav has done wrong to warrant a spell on the bench, in Crouches defence i have to say the ref always gives dicisions against him purly for his size, i saw a couple of challenges on him that i thought he should have won but the ref gave it the other way .

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 06:15

Cant contest any of that jim, crouch is rubbish at the moment and lacking what a great scorer would do with those crosses and that is fcking well burying them in the net.

Trouble is that we hear keane and pav might be offloaded soon........adebayor ? santa

Post by Guest Mon Dec 06 2010, 07:03

i would of though harry would of changed things 2nd half. even bringin on dawson to help with the defence.

crouch just does not look like scoring. hes played the most games in the last year and has the least goals and for people to say he gets loads of assists well its only recently he got more then 1 in a game.

i want to see pav and defoe given 5/6 games togeather

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 07 2024, 05:59