The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Beckham will be a yid by the weekend EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Beckham will be a yid by the weekend Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+3
BazSpur
ionman34
LOBO
7 posters

Beckham will be a yid by the weekend

LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Beckham will be a yid by the weekend Empty Beckham will be a yid by the weekend

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 20:02

David Beckham is on the verge of completing a sensational loan move to Tottenham after the deal was given the green light by Los Angeles Galaxy, Goal.com UK can reveal.

Spurs
    expect to wrap up a two-month loan switch before the weekend after the
    MLS club were persuaded to allow Beckham to return to the Premier League
    on a short-term basis to build up his fitness.

The 35-year-old
    superstar is in line to make an emotional debut for the Londoners
    against former club Manchester United at White Hart Lane on January 16.
    The club hope to introduce him to the crowd at Sunday's FA Cup clash
    against Charlton.

Spurs will pay the former England captain a
    salary package worth around £120,000-a-week on top of a loan fee -
    believed to be £500,000 - and expect him to be available for at least
    eight Premier League fixtures plus a Champions League clash away at AC Milan.
    [/url]
    ionman34
    ionman34
    Champions League
    Champions League

Beckham will be a yid by the weekend Empty Re: Beckham will be a yid by the weekend

Post by ionman34 Wed Jan 05 2011, 21:28

Farging crazy to me.

We're pating him around 1.5 mill to 'help' him get match fit?

A 2 month loan will sell no shirts, will have very little impact on the training ground and even less on the pitch.

You might as well take the dosh, walk to a town centre and throw it up in the shouting 'enjoy people!'

I'll let this one go if we get a top striker, I'd be over the moon with Suarez or Torres. If we don't get one, though, I'll be fcuking livid.

Beckham will be a yid by the weekend Empty Re: Beckham will be a yid by the weekend

Post by Guest Wed Jan 05 2011, 22:39

Repped mr ion, crazy ! harry is off his rocker.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 22:53

I think harry is feathering his nest for his eventual exit when he takes the england job, beckham at his side i can see where this is leading, but on the plus side most pundits believe he won't be first team choice and will play a cameo and whilst at the club he will coach the likes of lennon on how to cross a ball , having the most famous player on the planet at our club can't do know wrong, i don't see him playing 90mins every game it just wont happen.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 05 2011, 22:57

Let's wait and see people. If it all goes pear shaped then we can have a go. In Arry We Trust.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 22:58

ionman34 wrote:Farging crazy to me.

We're pating him around 1.5 mill to 'help' him get match fit?

A 2 month loan will sell no shirts, will have very little impact on the training ground and even less on the pitch.

You might as well take the dosh, walk to a town centre and throw it up in the shouting 'enjoy people!'

I'll let this one go if we get a top striker, I'd be over the moon with Suarez or Torres. If we don't get one, though, I'll be fcuking livid.

I think now that we are entering the most crucial stage of the season jan -march having beckham around the dressing giving advice , coaching certain players can only be for the good and benefit of the players, our players will want to lift there game , the advice beckham can give cant be bought, hes been there and done it all , i can see the bigger picture , btw you sound like a politician going on about costs lol

Im glad harry has stated there is no truth in the rumour that we want carroll "PHEW" hes not for us , suarez on the other hand hes not disclaimed the stories , so lets all hold hands a pray we get him cos this kid is mustard!

Last edited by LOBO on Wed Jan 05 2011, 23:02; edited 1 time in total
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Wed Jan 05 2011, 22:59

Repped Lobs. I thought I was the only one that could see benefits.
    LOBO
    LOBO
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by LOBO Wed Jan 05 2011, 23:03

thanks baz cheers
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Thu Jan 06 2011, 00:16

As I said on the yes or no thread the only one who will benefit is Beckham. For him it is a self serving exercise to try and get his way in the England team. We already have the people who will bring the younger players on in Modric VDV Harry himself and others. All people who are already doing it. I repeat Man U got shot of him because of the showbiz lifestyle and they haven't suffered.

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 00:46

David and Victoria Beckham's children, Cruz (5), Romeo (Cool and Brooklyn (11) are to start a three-month course this week at a fee-paying school near the family's 'Beckingham Palace' home in Sawbridgeworth.
    The news suggests a move for David Beckham from LA Galaxy to Tottenham Hotspur on a short-loan basis is looking more and more likely.
    Harry Redknapp has urged LA Galaxy not to stall over their decision on whether to allow Beckham to play in Europe prior to the start of the US Major League Soccer season, and expressed concern over whether Beckham's brief stint at Spurs would be too short to be effective.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/851830-david-beckham-transfer-to-spurs-talk-lent-weight-by-english-school-for-kids#ixzz1AAVOLZN1
    MarkA249
    MarkA249
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by MarkA249 Thu Jan 06 2011, 03:00

he will be great for our young squad at the world cup people was saying how much he lifted the place and how he try to motivate them i know it didnt work with Capello but with Redknapp ithink it will Lennons weakness his is final ball we seem to have loads of corners most games and freekicks do we score many from them big fat no i really hope it comes off. The missus will become a spurs fan too then lol!
    cynicsid
    cynicsid
    1st Division
    1st Division

Post by cynicsid Thu Jan 06 2011, 04:06

It couldn't be that Becks is Jamie's mate and he could do with a favour of a bit of bumming up in order to get other teams interested could it?????????
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Thu Jan 06 2011, 04:27

That story seems so wrong in every count,,, yes Galaxy have said they'd let him go but i think it may take a bit more time to sort out.

But even if he does come he'll be no where match fit for the Premiership by the Manc Game. Can't even see him making the Sub's bench in my opinion.

The more i think about this the more i think it's sheer folly by Harry. We have a settled squad of players that can only be unsettled by the hype that's going to come with him.

But Harry is a wheeler dealer & he does normally hit gold rather than rock, but i think this one is going to go so wrong, please Spurs leave it alone!

Post by Guest Thu Jan 06 2011, 10:58

we need a striker. andy carrol is what we need. somone strong and can hold the ball up. good in the air. scored 11 goals already in the prem this season.

i see they give a kid a game today and he scores 3. why dont our young strikers ever come through and given a chance.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17 2024, 16:58