The Bill Nicholson Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

The Bill Nicholson Forum

The Bill Nicholson Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Bill Nicholson Forum

Spurs Chat

WELCOME TO THE BILL NICHOLSON FORUM - SPURS CHAT

Latest topics

» Not been here for a while
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 21 2021, 20:01 by BazSpur

» Sky Sports News Links
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:13 by DJSR

» Hello....the site is still alive!
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 29 2020, 18:11 by DJSR

» 17 million deal for Musacchio
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:39 by souptheyid

» How to Block Adverts on this Site !
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 24 2017, 18:36 by souptheyid

» This is Our Season
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 14 2016, 00:54 by vis

» 'appy New Season
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29 2015, 08:09 by BazSpur

»  Time to say goodbye
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28 2015, 21:37 by Maximus

» Crouchinio
Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 15 2015, 03:00 by vis

Navigation

Spurs Legends

Former Spurs Manager: Keith Burkinshaw

Gallery

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 Empty

Affiliates

I forgot my password

+6
spurslegend
shearspur
seebee1944
anicoll5
BazSpur
LOBO
10 posters

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:12

The Olympic Stadium will be used for 17 days in Summer 2012. £400M of public funding. Then Levy & AEG want to dismantle at a cost of (supposedly) £250M and reconstruct it with proper toilet facilities, good sight lines, corporate facilities and no running track to spoil the football atmosphere. This is a criminal waste of public money. Let the Bubble Blowers, Newham Council & British Atheletics have it and perhaps put some of our money (public) to good use and benefit future generations of varied British sports stars.
    There are plenty of industrial brownfield sites around the M25 corridor. Let's move to one of those. Kent, Essex, Herts, Middlesex. Hey it won't matter where it is as those in favour of the Strattford move are happy to point out. It doesn't matter where we play 'cos we will still be Spurs . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Jimmy Greaves on the stratford  move - Page 2 Empty Re: Jimmy Greaves on the stratford move

Post by BazSpur Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:25

Lets go the whole hog and do an MK Dons and move to Luton or somewhere.

Post by Guest Sun Jan 23 2011, 05:50

Exactly Baz. 5 miles, 500. I've suggested, extremley I admit, relocating to Brussels. I understand some of the pro-Strattford arguments but why dismantle a stadium when we could purchase land anywhere and build a purpose built stadium ? Most areas where you could concivably build a stadium are going to be somewhat less than salubrious so just choose somewhere cheap with good transport links and it seems that peoples criteria for their teams home is sorted, all boxes ticked . . . . . . .
    seebee1944
    seebee1944
    Premiership
    Premiership

Post by seebee1944 Sun Jan 23 2011, 07:58

Agree with that if we want to spend money on Crystal Palace lets move there oh sorry Crystal Palace want that. Still Mr Levy can soon sort that out. Here's another solution for those making the decision.... don't give it to Spurs or Wet Spam.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Mon Jan 24 2011, 07:35

Tottenham Hotspur,,,,,,, from WHL N17 that says it all it's what we want,,,,,,,,, but is it really still possible! You have the Council trying to get us to build affordable housing for the locals in the rebuild as well as a load of unrealistic demands. Why should we have to house the people in the area that have made the area the slum it is. Greavies right there's no more than a handful of Spurs fans in the area.

You go early maybe for a few beers then you may have a couple after waiting for the crowds to disperse but you wouldn't hang around the area for a meal when the locals come out. But in the Olympic Stadium you could we're building pubs restaurants & a whole leisure facility purposely designed for the Spurs Fans to enjoy there Match Day Experience & it won't be full of Locals. The more i think about it the more i can see where Levy's coming from.
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 07:46

Why wouldn't it be full of locals Jim are we gonna ban them?
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 08:07

Building a few flats and houses as part of a £450 million project ?
    Christ almighty what an outrageous suggestion
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 24 2011, 08:08

will you be able to afford it though jim, its gonna come with a hefty price tag on a long day out for beers food and matchday ticket like we do at present. wembley is different cos its usually a one off (if were lucky enough to get there) so you dont mind so much, but an everyday sat match, dont think many will be doing that week in week out. but hey levy prob aint bothered about the loyal supporters who have been going year in year out when he can get loads of corporate suits in wining and dining japanese buisnessmen with plenty of money. will you afford many visits cos i prob cant.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 08:16

Shears - if anyone imagines that it will not be the fans who pay every single penny of these schemes then they are deluded - whether it is the NDP or the OS
    Trust me it ain't coming out of Levy's account and as a victim of the vampires at the Emirates I know all the signs
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 08:28

The atmoshere will be dead at the OS with all the Corporate suits quaffing there Champers and Prawn Sandwiches. It will become another Library. No offence nic lol.
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 08:40

None taken - add in Trafford Park or the Bernabeau - the perfect mechanism for parting the 'customer' from his cash will not provide the ideal football environment for any fan

shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:02

i just dont get it anyway , how they can sell it to us or whufc. that stadium is being built out of taxpayers money, majority of whom will not support spurs or whufc, or give a sh*t about football. football is not the be all and end all of most peoples lives (excepting us on here lol )and maybe those taxpayers would want an all purpose built athletics stadium for uk to keep and enjoy for future events. will they be asked their opinion or given a rebate in tax ? will they fcuk. the all consuming football juggernaught rolls on crushing any in their path.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:06

SuneJim wrote:Tottenham Hotspur,,,,,,, from WHL N17 that says it all it's what we want,,,,,,,,, but is it really still possible! You have the Council trying to get us to build affordable housing for the locals in the rebuild as well as a load of unrealistic demands. Why should we have to house the people in the area that have made the area the slum it is. Greavies right there's no more than a handful of Spurs fans in the area.

You go early maybe for a few beers then you may have a couple after waiting for the crowds to disperse but you wouldn't hang around the area for a meal when the locals come out. But in the Olympic Stadium you could we're building pubs restaurants & a whole leisure facility purposely designed for the Spurs Fans to enjoy there Match Day Experience & it won't be full of Locals. The more i think about it the more i can see where Levy's coming from.

Jim, this is the mistake all the pro-Strattford vote is falling for. It won't just belong to Spurs. It will not be solely a football enviroment. Our "partners", AEG, a huge American (you know Americans- they call the beautifull game soccer ! ! !) corparation will want their share of the spoils. Theres another thread that points out that the area will have a massive extreme sports complex. What a way to watch football. Going to the ground surrounded by Antipodean bungee jumpers & Goth skateboarders. It sounds like the whole area is going to be based on the genric out of town industrial/leisure parks that have a few business units, run of the mill food outlets & a multi-plex cinema & absolutely no soul or character. Add this into the fact the area has to be available for community use and the area is going to be - well just like Tottenham but with more steel, newer bricks and a lot less asbestos ! The bottom line is that the area will not belong to Tottenham Hotspurs FC for the pleasure of the average football fan but to a whole host of varied intrests looking to make vast profits . . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:20

Vast profits - however whaddya reckon NDP is about ?

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:21

shearspur wrote:i just dont get it anyway , how they can sell it to us or whufc. that stadium is being built out of taxpayers money, majority of whom will not support spurs or whufc, or give a sh*t about football. football is not the be all and end all of most peoples lives (excepting us on here lol )and maybe those taxpayers would want an all purpose built athletics stadium for uk to keep and enjoy for future events. will they be asked their opinion or given a rebate in tax ? will they fcuk. the all consuming football juggernaught rolls on crushing any in their path.

Shear if I look at this situation with a non-football or Spurs slant I get even more angry. A £400M stadium being given to an already rich football club, be it us or the Bubble Blowers. But our plan to knock the fcuker down after just 17 days use then spend another £300M rebuilding it is criminal. If the powers that be allow this they should be charged with miss-use of public funds. I rarely agree with the gilded toff Lord Coe but to hear his quote of "the stadium was meant to create a legacy for all sports people not just Tottenham season ticket holders" rings horribly true . . . . .
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:23

Vast profits Nic but at least it will be vast profits at WHL.

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:26

anicoll5 wrote:Vast profits - however whaddya reckon NDP is about ?

NDP ? Surely the National Dental Plan is a non-profit organisation . . . . . . .
    However Nic, yes that will be profit based but it will be Spurs profit & Spurs owned and not subsidised by the British taxpayer. No extreme sports centres there . . . . . .. . . . .
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:42

Lol - and I have no doubt the reason the fans who are to be fleeced at the National Dental Plan Arena will behold it is to allow Spuds to compete with the likes of Citeh, a*se, Chels , Manyoo - simple arithmetic suggests that funding a £450 million project is Gina be very painful

Well wake up chaps - this 'we have to double prices to compete with x,y and z ' is self serving shite
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 09:44

Bloody hell - behold - Gina Evil or Very Mad
    shearspur
    shearspur
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by shearspur Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:03

the bottom line is if we move there most of us on here will prob only afford to go 2-3 times a year if that , if you can get a ticket. cos believe me the well off ones will buy a season ticket and pick and choose the big matches to go to. where i work one of the guys has a season ticket for a*se and thats what he does, only go to big games and his brother sells his seat for him to ("mates") the poor mugs who he knows are desperate to see them play. nice thought eh lads, its coming our way. thanks daniel
    anicoll5
    anicoll5
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by anicoll5 Mon Jan 24 2011, 10:42

Warn him to wake up then - recent games going to 'general sale' so hopefully a few empty seats might remind the plutocracy that the mugs are revolting
    Mind you I could buy a ticket on line to Spuds Bolton tonight !

Post by Guest Mon Jan 24 2011, 11:33

i dunno how we will pack a 80 seater stadium. we only sell out big games now
    BazSpur
    BazSpur
    Admin
    Admin

Post by BazSpur Mon Jan 24 2011, 11:43

It won't be 80000 Loght it will be 60000.
    SuneJim
    SuneJim
    Champions League
    Champions League

Post by SuneJim Tue Jan 25 2011, 11:12

anicoll5 wrote:Building a few flats and houses as part of a £450 million project ?
    Christ almighty what an outrageous suggestion

Yeah it is it's a fcuking disgrace being held to ransom by a council so we build housing for a bunch of immigrants that have no affiliation with Spurs & have made the area the sh*t hole it is.

We want to take the next step we need to compete financially & the demands being made on us from Haringey Council have made refurbishing WHL virtually impossible & stay on a sturdy financial footing,, the more people start to realise the bloody better instead of whinging on about the history & the heart of an area that is dead now.

Daniel Levy has stated today that whether we get the Olympic Stadium or not we're not staying at WHL because of all the impositions being imposed on us. So get used to it, i have. I'm enjoying champions league & being touted as possible Premiership Winners for however long it's lasted & i know we need to bring in more money especially with the new laws about your income being brought into the game soon, so if we have to move to keep that going then so be it. By wanting to stay at WHL no matter what your caring more about our history than our future & that's just short sighted & narrow minded.

Sorry about the swearing but i'm really emotional about this i love Spurs i love WHL, but we're being forced to have to look else where for the good of the club & all the fans have to get on board or watch us sink back into mediocrity
    djfitzo
    International
    International

Post by djfitzo Tue Jan 25 2011, 20:57

Dead right Jim, talking about history, weve been dining on the double winning team for decades now and apart from a few cups, we have been no where near winning the league. It seems the council want us to re-generate the area for people that wont bring anything to it, thats the only reason they are so up in arms about it. Does anyone of our generation want to see us win the league? Without moving to a new stadium, that wont be possible. What about the general Spurs fan? wouldnt it be nice to be able to get a ticket for say Arsenal,Chelski or Manu at home as they hardly ever go to the general public.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Oct 06 2024, 13:55